SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
First time playing this and my thoughts are pretty damn simple...

Writing is pretty well done. Story itself is very solid as well. Characters themselves I love, specially Macy. Though I do feel like she needs WAAAAAAY more content and far more interaction. Denise is sweet and all and I do love her but I feel likes its been a little too much her and not enough older sis. Side characters are also pretty solid aswell.

Overall, 4.5/5 for me. Needs more Macy... and maybe some impregnating of the older softie as well.

-KC-

got land?
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2019
Calling it now... Best game ever! Real life is imperfect and you can't help who you love, all those girls you ever dreamed about and if you finally got and had wonky boobs did it ever turn you? off or totally turn you on? because they were outside the norm? Mom was a chunky Mama and you loved her with all you were worth. Don't lump this game into the giant tit bimbo world that we mostly see! Play it out and deal with the feelings of real life...

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
The main characters remind me of stylized versions of Nora Attal or other women of Moroccan (and French-Moroccan, Pakistani-Moroccan, etc.) descent, combined with Spanish "gypsy" characteristics - really unique and gorgeous looks.

The entire VN has stylized characters combined with unique and/or HD details (comparable to the idea behind Daz 3D's "Edie" and "Ollie" models, for example) and more "international" models, such as Kala 8 and others. There was some real thought put behind the presentation of all characters and that does add a deeper level of identification with them for the player, IMHO.

The game mechanics are seriously top notch and I'm absolutely envious because it just so happens I was researching how to implement things such as simple eyelid movements, background effects and rotoscoping layers in Ren'Py ... then this game comes along and masters these characteristics with apparent ease. I saw one - just one - rendering issue in part of this game that stood out. Otherwise, they have been very careful about clipping, believable poses, materials choices, lighting, etc.

Wonderfully polished game with evolving personalities and extreme behaviors and actions that somehow stay contextually relevant in most cases (hey, it's an adult VN, so latitude is given). But, the proof of its greatness is in how we feel at the end of each chapter, IMHO: we want Denise's naivete to drive out everyone's inhibitions and somehow add to her confidence as a maturing woman, we are pulling for Macy to separate the deep love and passion that have fueled her inner turmoil and the MC is their grounding point who feels just as scared and lost - we want him to help provide the solid foundation for all of their growth, happiness and safety going forward ... despite pressures and weirdness around them (and behind them). They share a common history which defines their problems and path to happiness at the same time.

This is a game Dev to support, folks. As soon as I get back to a steady job (thanks, horrible US pandemic response!), I'm signing up to support them regularly without question.

Last edited:

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
The main characters remind me of stylized versions of Nora Attal or other women of Moroccan (and French-Moroccan, Pakistani-Moroccan, etc.) descent, combined with Spanish "gypsy" characteristics - really unique and georgeous looks.

The entire VN has stylized characters combined with unique and/or HD details (comparable to the idea behind Daz 3D's "Edie" and "Ollie" models, for example) and more "international" models, such as Kala 8 and others. There was some real thought put behind the presentation of all characters and that does add a deeper level of identification with them for the player, IMHO.

The game mechanics are seriously top notch and I'm absolutely envious because it just so happens I was researching how to implement things such as simple eyelid movements, background effects and rotoscoping layers in Ren'Py ... then this game comes along and masters these characteristics with apparent ease. I saw one - just one - rendering issue in part of this game that stood out. Otherwise, they have been very careful about clipping, believable poses, materials choices, lighting, etc.

Wonderfully polished game with evolving personalities and extreme behaviors and actions that somehow stay contextually relevant in most cases (hey, it's an adult VN, so latitude is given). But, the proof of its greatness is in how we feel at the end of each chapter, IMHO: we want Denise's naivete to drive out everyone's inhibitions and somehow add to her confidence as a maturing woman, we are pulling for Macy to separate the deep love and passion that have fueled her inner turmoil and the MC is their grounding point who feels just as scared and lost - we want him to help provide the solid foundation for all of their growth, happiness and safety going forward ... despite pressures and weirdness around them (and behind them). They share a common history which defines their problems and path to happiness at the same time.

This is a game Dev to support, folks. As soon as I get back to a steady job (thanks, horrible US pandemic response!), I'm signing up to support them regularly without question.
Dude, I couldn't have said it better myself. What I can say is when update comes out, I start the game over, just to refresh the depth of feelings it brings out.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The main characters remind me of stylized versions of Nora Attal or other women of Moroccan (and French-Moroccan, Pakistani-Moroccan, etc.) descent, combined with Spanish "gypsy" characteristics - really unique and georgeous looks.

I may just copy and paste this next time some ignorant idiot comes along and says "but they fugly". Thank you and well said.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...)I saw one - just one - rendering issue in part of this game that stood out. Otherwise, they have been very careful about clipping, believable poses, materials choices, lighting, etc.(...)
Thanks for the kind word, and btw I love the Edie and Ollie models, I think they're some of the best in the store (if you look closely, the Ethel character has a sprinkle of Edie in her).

Do you remember what that rendering issue was you noticed?

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Thanks for the kind word, and btw I love the Edie and Ollie models, I think they're some of the best in the store (if you look closely, the Ethel character has a sprinkle of Edie in her).
Hey, thanks for your reply and I appreciate your involvement with fans+supporters, which is another plus we see from the better game Devs, IMHO.

Agreed on those models! They are unique, offer great characterization and lots of flexibility, IMHO.

And thinking about it more, on a wave of minor optimism (i.e., some positive job interviews this past week), I just became a supporter via Patreon so that I don't forget later on.

Do you remember what that rendering issue was you noticed?
Not a rendering issue directly, sorry - I may have mischaracterized the issue after revisiting what I saw in the first playthrough. It seems more of a transition which revealed clipping differences in a particular scene.

Essentially, most of the poses in those living room couch scenes with Denise have clipping on the right leg of her shorts with the front/top of the couch, e.g.
clipping.png
Some representative images:
denise livingroom evening couch headinlap bellyrub neutral.webp
denise livingroom evening couch headinlap bellyrub neutral v2.webp

Because the clipping in those scenes is so ubiquitous, it doesn't really catch the eye and looks fine as we're playing, IMHO. We're concentrating much more on their dialogue, her subtle movements, etc.

But, at least two images which are sometimes used in that general scene have no such visible clipping to the viewer:
no clipping.png
Representative images:
denise livingroom evening couch headinlap bellyrub shocked blink.webp
denise livingroom evening couch headinlap bellyrub shocked.webp

Objectively, the placement of the shorts looks much better in those non-clipped renders - but again, you'd not conciously register that difference with the other renders until a direct transition between a clipping and no-clipping render occurs.

Overall, your use of subsconscious hand and foot movements plus body shifting - to impart how one is feeling in the moment - takes far more of my attention in these scenes than any clipping issue. It was only the transition which made this stand out.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Also should make not of some spelling mistakes here and there. Know one of the top of my head: Macy mentioning 'Entertainment' spells incorrectly.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...) And thinking about it more, on a wave of minor optimism (i.e., some positive job interviews this past week), I just became a supporter via Patreon so that I don't forget later on.
(...)Essentially, most of the poses in those living room couch scenes with Denise have clipping on the right leg of her shorts with the front/top of the couch, e.g.
(...)
Thanks for your support, I appreciate it.
Yeah, some of those images still stem from chapter 1, when I still had so much to learn. I've redone a bunch of old renders, but not those. If nothing else, I should probably take a clone brush to them at the very least, to mask the issue a bit. Thanks for pointing it out.

Also should make not of some spelling mistakes here and there. Know one of the top of my head: Macy mentioning 'Entertainment' spells incorrectly.
If you mean " ", that's actually a thing.

Any other spelling/grammar errors I'll happily receive through DMs or a post in the bugs channel on my discord. With the help of proofers a legion of them has been squashed, but there always seem more.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Have to admit I'm not a fan.
The game so far feels like a setup for a horror story. 2 people with deep psychological and emotional damage. The older one has a deep sense of guilt + daddy issues + intense jealousy. The younger one ; anxiety, social awkwardness and a deep desire to "keep every together" whatever the means. Doesn't help that the artwork depicts the younger daughter as either smiley or deeply afraid.
The only seemingly normal character is the MC but the choices seem to be all geared towards enabling an unbalanced individual.
The only fun part of the game is when the MC is at work; Brooke and the Sirens.
Maybe I will revisit the game after more updates to see how the story progresses but right now, it's not my cup of tea

Reactions: Draakaap23

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Have to admit I'm not a fan.
The game so far feels like a setup for a horror story. 2 people with deep psychological and emotional damage. The older one has a deep sense of guilt + daddy issues + intense jealousy. The younger one ; anxiety, social awkwardness and a deep desire to "keep every together" whatever the means. Doesn't help that the artwork depicts the younger daughter as either smiley or deeply afraid.
The only seemingly normal character is the MC but the choices seem to be all geared towards enabling an unbalanced individual.
The only fun part of the game is when the MC is at work; Brooke and the Sirens.
Maybe I will revisit the game after more updates to see how the story progresses but right now, it's not my cup of tea
I think that's the whole point. The girls (and the MC) are emotionally damaged because of past events, and the story is about the healing process. Bit like A Streetcat named Bob, where the story starts with a down and out junkie, but who then slowly gets his live back on track. Same thing here.

4.70 star(s) 487 Votes