VN - Ren'Py - Light of My Life [Ch. 1-7 v1.0.0] [Naughty Road]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Uvered

The best game out there right now. Superb storytelling and unique drawing-style. I was literally cheering when the new update came out today. A very decent amount of content per update as well. Can't wait for the next chapter. Good job NaughtyRoad!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

geenius3ab

As close to a perfect story that you will find here. If there is a game that deserves a 5 star, this is the one.

The graphics are something that you will either love or hate. I personally find their faces to be ok (More on the cute side) while the girl's bodies (and also faces) each have their aspects that I find beautiful. The graphics are surprisingly realistic, as the focus isn't to create a perfect babe, but rather a human being. If you are into some of the older looking milfs (Ones that actually look like they're in their 40's-50's) you will also find things to like.

As others have mentioned the writing is brilliant, the development is great. I initially worried about the pacing of the game, as when the actual xxx situations will happen, but the most recent update kind of proved it to be a non-issue. The situations develop at a decent pace, so things don't get boring. The dialogue is believable, the story is heartwarming, and your hotdog will also get a workout.

I don't see any issues currently, the only worry about pacing becoming an issue was also resolved with the latest update.
    Maybe the lesbian scenes are the only things that I am not a big fan of, as I just can't insert myself into those scenes, but that's 100% personal taste.

Scores:
    Overall: 5/5
    Graphics 4.5/5(I think the character design is ok, but I think that there are places where I find the background to be slightly blurry, and not"perfect", but that's something that could be ignored due to everything else)
    Story: Easily 5/5
    Pacing:4.5/5(Past updates had some slower spots, which is why I was worried, but that's not an issue from what it seems like from the last update)
    XXX scenes: 4.5/5 (The old ladies aren't too bad for people who like older milfs, which is one of my "interests", but the daughter scenes are also slowly progressing, and due to the atmosphere and good dialogue, they do actually feel suitable)

I recommend this to everyone who doesn't mind having characters that don't look like super model in their early 30's.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

abiorigins

The characters in this game is unique. I gave this game 5 stars because it got my interest. The story nice, renders are great.

I am not sure why the developer takes much time after each update.

I hope we get to see these kind of approaches more in the future.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

davemarg

I have to start with the fact that girls are ugly which is exactly why this game is so attractive. Most of the girls in RL are ugly so the game feels natural. Story and renders are amazing and I can see where lots of work went (justifies ridiculously long update time?)
    The game is slow pace still building up and we are still to see H scenes added with main characters. I will admit that I skipped all side characters H scenes especially ones with office trolls (seeing them naked might scar me for life lol). Even though in my opinion the girls are ugly (and their tits are the ugliest tits ever to be rendered) the game is still worth playing and I would recommend it. This game taught me that ugly things can be presented in beautiful way and be tolerable enough to actually produce a positive experience.
    Story is great (if you actually follow it). Hopefully (sometimes sooner rather than later) we will see some H progress with main characters. If you are like me and skip over the side char H, the game has very little in terms of H.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

rickZhedgehog

First and foremost Light of My Life is a story driven experience, and it has done an amazing job so far through the 3rd chapter in telling that story in an engaging and heartfelt way. The main girls, Macy and Denise, are not the cookie cutter models you see in so many other games, but are still very attractive if you look beyond the preview images. Each of the girls is highly detailed and their personalities are fleshed out well. And I highly recommend you do, Naughty Road has so far put out consistently high quality material, both in terms of writing and renders, even if there has not yet been an abundance of sexual material. The story is released in full chapters, so while the updates may not be quick, they are full of new content and have a good amount of playtime. If you enjoy story driven games, Light of My Life is a must try title.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Lamphead

The good: This game focuses on a lot of past traumas and overcoming them and obviously the incest barrier. It's well done and I think it's strength is plausibility and logical progression: the core 3 characters have clearly outlined motivations and growth moments..that lead to sexual conclusions obviously. It's originality comes from its tone: this isn't the first dad incest story and it won't be the last but this is unique for its realistic and honest portrayal.

The polarizing: The art is a strength for me and it lends to the honesty of the situations depicted because the models aren't exactly..visually perfect. Everything is mis-shaped a little bit but you grow to love it, just like the damn the characters in this. But..I can see a lot of people hating this.

The reason why despite all this I am leaning 3/4 stars: There is no excuse for this much scene repetition and un-originality in scenario plotting.

First let me say the dialogue is good. But there is too much of it and there's too much repetition, especially with renders you'll feel it. You'll find your character going about the same routine many many days in a row with minimal development each day..really this game should be half as long as it is.

This would be forgiven if the scenario plotting was unique..it is not. The daughters get corrupted but in just about the most boring straight-forward fashion manner you'd find in any dad-cest game that takes forever to get to. Again there is a great, tight, SHORT game somewhere in here but it takes forever to get to.

Conclusion: It's worth a play but there's a good chance you'll hate this if you're looking for sexual variety. I think if you enjoy this honestly it's for just the story about the family, that's the strong point.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Sabberlott

One of the best games on here. The custom-made models are a fresh change from all the "perfect model cookie-cutter default asset" girls you find everywhere. And the story is absolutely engaging to boot. Very recommended!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Bobotheclown

Good game, nice story, artistic sensibilities.

No other comment is needed.

If you like it now, you'll love it when it is finished. It doesn't conform to the usual cliches of games of this nature. The girls look natural, have a lot of personality. They aren't your average silicone clones.

Some may dislike the break with the usual, but those people should be fine with their own theme done to death by other games and media.

In my opinion, with enough support, this game could do something monumental. Bring variety and natural beauty back in the genre!

I can't be the only one sick of the monotony in nearly all medias of late.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

lygarx

gameplay only gives so much. artwork is most important when it comes to these sort of things. if it is a big turn off and hard to masturbate to, then it gets a low score. no real flaws other than its choice in style.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

bolondro2

Awesome. One of the few games that make you feel that the characters are real human beings. The story its good, the dialogues are the best I have find in a game in this site and the art it´s a breeze of fresh air in a world of plastic bimbos.

Just the Musseum scene or the use of dreams as a tool to show you flashbacks or the inner demons and desires of the characters makes this game earn a 5 stars rewiew.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

indyfordfan

This is my favorite of the 50 or so games I have played on F95. It is slow moving, steady, and the girls' bodies are such a turn on. I hope it stays with the slow, steady progress. The facial expressions of the girls are also awesome.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

EatulikeLasagna

I really like this game, its got an amazing story and likeable realistic characters. The character models take some getting used to, I've gotten so used to the usual 3dcg lookin characters with the prepubescent main guy character with 2 chin hairs... but once you play this game long enough you get used to it and start to appreciate it. 10/10
  13. 5.00 star(s)

elcamp3

Excellent game all around. I couldn't find any real flaws with the execution, and the storyline is pretty good. The characters are designed beautifully, and are completely unique which further draws my attention. I find myself growing more and more interested in their distinct personalities, their needs, wants, their wishes and desires. I'm looking forward to the next update. Keep up the good work.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

lillejonas

Unique art. Didn't like it at first. But it grows on you. And now I think its much better than a lot of other stuff out there. Story is really good. I was expecting a quick run. But played for hours through the story. The lewd stuff doesn't come quick and I love it. You really get a relationship with the characters before you get some lewd stuff. And that just makes it so much better. 5/5
  15. 5.00 star(s)

recreation

I hate this game...
    I mean, there's no generic story and dalogue, no fuckfest, no preset chacters you've seen about twentyquadtrillion times in other games, conversations that feel like they could happen in real life, a well thought out story, a lot of care to detail... gosh, who want's a game like that?

On a serious note: I think this is one of the best avn's out there. The story is really well written and made me realize how bad my writing actually is.
    The interactions between the characters feel so well thought out, nothing feels generic or fake. Render are okay and always fit the scene with every motion and emotion. The blinking eyes and movements in dialogues are a nice adition.
    I'm not a big fan of music in such games, but here it never felt out of place or annoying, good choice.
    The only thing I don't like is... well, I guess I don't really need to say it, but that's a matter of taste, and their uniqueness and with the great writing I actually forgot about looks and both girls grow dear to me very quickly.

Great game Naughty! Keep it up!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

DaBaconBringer

So I've been here on this site for a long while, and ive never posted before but i have never been such a fan of a game before
    I didn't see any spelling errors but what really captivated me was the story the characters multiple playthrough to get my relations juuuuust right.
    But like so many other players out there its the art style that drew me to this game, and i absolutely love it.
    Even if you think this isnt your game i recommend you give it a try
  17. 5.00 star(s)

MoldyGouda

The developer has managed to make a excellent game so far. There is story (very interesting so far) and a good amount of text. If you like reading you will like this. The characters feel different(especially the 3 main ones) and have stories and backstories that we eventually find out about. So far it has been a very enjoyable ride.
    Now for the aesthetics, it's not everyone's cup of tea and that's is completely fine. Personally, I like them and I think their unique appearance really adds points to this game.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Ordolph

Pretty high quality game. The art-style is a little funky at first, but I quickly got used to it, and it grew on me. The animations are nice (if few and far-between), the writing is pretty good. Overall I don't have any problems with it, if you like the linear style VNs I would recommend it.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Anthaus

This game features an unique art-style that I definitely like. Others might disagree, but there are no recycled characters to be found here. The story is amazing and way, way above a lot of other games of this genre. You will likely be engrossed and enjoy it even after ... proper use.
    Amazing work.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Wolfffffff

Great game overall, Great history, nice Renders, and i am really waiting to see what else he will do with the game.
    Really recommend it not only for the H-scenes which can be quite good but for the history in general. =)