Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
and you could merge these two posts, and all should be even more awesome;)
(just edit the first one, and delete the later one, otherwise its kinda spammings start)
p.s.
Miðgarðsormr I have to salute you, regardless it is due your endless patience, or just free-times overload - prolonged trying to push 1 cm into heads, while the assess could receive 1m stick easily (a rough translation/paraphrase of some old saying :p ) has to be exhausting.
Since the day i was born i had always one or more cats around me. If you dont get patience by that you will never get it. There are no cat owners. Only Royal "can openers" :ROFLMAO:

Edit: I sit in front of my PC around 14 hours a day. So its easy to switch tabs from time to time ^^

Reactions: Abhai

Jessie

Apr 26, 2017
critique >> game is decent but very slow in progression the characters in the game have very few facial expressions most of which do not match the current situation they are facing the game could use a little more in explaining why the eldest protagonist is so aggressive and why the youngest is goraphobic
The office personnel are cringe worthy at best and in this ones opinion could be deleted completely without it hurting the game and leave the developer more time to focus on the game

MammaMea

Donor
Apr 14, 2018
Click on the stars at the top of the thread. Another window will open in which you can write your review and adjust your star rating.
forget it, it says plz write more than 200 words , mine was like 35 words.. thanks a tonne though

Reactions: Xanado

Xanado

May 9, 2018
forget it, it says plz write more than 200 words , mine was like 35 words.. thanks a tonne though
Letters not words, a 200 word minimum limit would be quite something. Anyhow, now you know how to do it in case you change your mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: FFTW

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
the game could use a little more in explaining why the eldest protagonist is so aggressive and why the youngest is goraphobic
The game does a great job of explaining Macy's hostility and Denise's [a]goraphobia, both of which are caused by a festering sense of loss, through MC's internal dialog early in the game and external dialog later. It's related to us mostly through subtext and literary references, so it lacks the in-your-face "these people are fucked up" narration in some games.

It's fine that way it is for all lot of people and those of us that like Naughty's writing style would rather provide additional support than have him change the game. Thankfully, I think that Naughty has a clear vision and is going to stick with it.

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I can't read that without hearing Randy Rainbow.
Never saw that .. Damn near pissed myself laughing

However I will say that facts are facts, and other facts are facts. Just like statistics - facts can be used for good or evil depending on who is using them.

Reactions: Dragon59

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
He actually has half a point there. It is pretty clear after playing the game why Macy is aggressive in the beginning
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but I don't recall it ever being stated why Denise has crowd phobia. the most one can guess is that it was somehow a result of the accident too (although I am not sure how the accident PTSD led to crowd phobia), but unlike Macy it is never actually explained/strongly hinted at.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
but I don't recall it ever being stated why Denise has crowd phobia. the most one can guess is that it was somehow a result of the accident too (although I am not sure how the accident PTSD led to crowd phobia), but unlike Macy it is never actually explained/strongly hinted at.
Assume Denise was the mom child and macy was the dad child and it makes perfect sense. Because we do get shown why macy is the way she is. However if you pay close attention to the dialouge you will also find out how much denise misses and loved her mother and how macy tries to avoid that topic constantly.

critique >> game is decent but very slow in progression the characters in the game have very few facial expressions most of which do not match the current situation they are facing the game could use a little more in explaining why the eldest protagonist is so aggressive and why the youngest is goraphobic
The office personnel are cringe worthy at best and in this ones opinion could be deleted completely without it hurting the game and leave the developer more time to focus on the game
If you would actually read the dialouge in the game or follow the story presented to you that would explain almost every question you have about this. Especially why the oldest daughter is so aggressive.

Edit: For the Mods. How explaining to someone that didn't pay attention to the story is belittling is beyond me....

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
Of course she loved her mother lol, that is pretty obvious. Macy did the same, but Macy was also jealous and she wasnt, so it is feasible for her to have formed a tighter bond with her mother than macy. However, I still don't see how that and the accident lead to crowd phobia. Did she become afraid that a car will hit her too? But If she was afraid of cars because of the accident she would have been afraid of roads in general, but IIRC she can go to the local supermarket just fine, and there are no roads inside the school yet she had a breakdown there. So again, I don't see the connection between the cause and the effect.

Or maybe it was simple bullying I guess, since she doesn't like to talk about school and Macy did threaten a couple of people there that one time, but it is also possible for her condition to be the cause of her bullying (like what unfortunately happens IRL to plenty of people with mental problems of one kind or another) instead of the effect. Either way the point that unlike Macy there is no clearly stated/strongly hinted at reason for what specifically caused her state is a valid one. It isn't a big deal though as unlike Macy the "why" of her case is irrelevant to the plot. It is just background information.

Last edited:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Of course she loved her mother lol, that is pretty obvious. Macy did the same, but Macy was also jealous and she wasnt, so it is feasible for her to have formed a tighter bond with her mother than macy. However, I still don't see how that and the accident lead to crowd phobia. Did she become afraid that a car will hit her too? But If she was afraid of cars because of the accident she would have been afraid of roads in general, but IIRC she can go the supermarket just fine, and there are no roads inside the school. So again, I don't see the connection between the cause and the effect.

Or maybe it was simple bullies I guess, since she doesn't like to talk about school. Either way the point that unlike Macy there is no clearly stated/strongly hinted at reason for her state is a valid one. It isn't a big deal though as unlike Macy the "why" of her case is irrelevant to the plot. It is just background information.
I think it has to do with the "womens talk" or the "girl talk" she had with her mother she now has with the MC instead. Macy would not fit into this as she avoids the topic and is annoyed almost instantly. But once you can't talk to a certain someone anymore about literally everything that goes on in your mind you might end up with all kind of fears because you are alone with your thoughts and have no idea who to talk to. Especially for young people that is rough if you have no one to turn to.

Just my guess in all of this but it would fit because denise basically starts to ask all kinds of stuff from the MC and in her dreams mom told her this and mom told her that. So that is my take on why certain things are.

But i could also be completely wrong.

For the fear part it could be alot of things. A Funeral (you can't stand all those ppl and wanna be alone with your grief), or going anywhere because you always did that with mom etc.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Well guys, the new progress bar was posted today, which means that Chapter 6 is practically finished. Probably two more weeks by my estimation.

View attachment 984144
I find The lack of "Macy" pictures in this progress bar disturbing.
Also Time for an old joke. naughtyroad has altered the progress bar. Pray he doesn't alter it any further.

all discussions aside, the only real question is ofcourse, was there a actual Bear, i keep asking myself
To bear or not to bear..... No? ok i let myself out..........

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes