yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
It's so CUUUUUUUTE!
He's Tad Mullholland (great name, huh?) from Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts. A show worth checking out for sure. Maybe even good enough to keep some people from chomping at the bit waiting for the next update :Kappa:. Okay, maybe not that good, but think of it like a kid-friendly Blue Gender if you're old enough of an anime fan.

Reactions: Dragon59

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I suppose we've waffled on about this enough to probably constitute a derailment lol; but this thread has always been as much about symbolic art as erotica, so waffle on I will. I didn't choose that photo for its composition which is why I didn't mention that aspect, but purely as an example of effacement of "focused" subjects, further enhanced by the clothing blending almost seamlessly with the sky, and serving as major reference points for the light source as ensconced in shadow. And like I said, I see a landscape, you see a portrait, so we're going to talk past each other to eternity as our frames of reference cannot square and we'd merely be stacking bricks onto our foundational points as to what sort of piece the photo constitutes.

Also invocation is not equalization, labeling something as "Kafkaesque" doesn't render it equal to the works of the referenced artist; merely points out thematic similarity or analogy. I reference Monet as a baseline for my thematic analysis. I am not a photographer and I'd be lying if I claimed any level of technical astuteness in the field, but I truly do think he would use subjects in a similar way to enhance a landscape had he had access to digital photography--maybe to better reception, maybe not. Also, Monet, as many artists were, was derided by his more technically minded contemporaries and his art gained wider appreciation posthumously--again, as many artists pieces do. The term impressionisme was coined satirically, in fact. So as with all things artistic, his wide appreciation in the modern era is largely subjective, regardless of the technical merits of his approach.

EDIT: Changed equivocation to equalization.
You could say this conversation is still on-topic, because Art plays a big role in this game, both in the story and in the rendering of the scenes (the picnic scene that strongly reminded me of Manet's Dejeuner sur l'herbe comes to mind). Also it started with a picture which resembles one of the main characters.
On the other hand, I think we have spent more time on this than the photographer did when he took the picture which started this whole argument, so for me I will end it here. I did enjoy our conversation however. I think it was civil and educated. It appears Naughtyroad's game brings out the best in people, at least in some of them ;)

Some closing remarks I still wish to make:

A photo/painting can definitely be both a landscape and a portrait. I still do not think this photograph succeeds in this, or evens succeeds in any of those two, because of the composition.

When photography was invented, a lot of painters started using it as part of their workflow and became proficient with it (such as Degas) or later even became famous photographers in their own right (George Hurrell for example), so one could wonder what Monet would have done if he've had access to a modern camera. Well, he would probably have made better pictures than I will ever make :LOL:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Yandex tells me this is Liana Jojua. There are several other pics that are Denise-like, but their behaviors are total opposites!
Wow, would have never guessed that she was a UFC fighter, or Georgian, lol. Thanks for the info!

You could say this conversation is still on-topic, because Art plays a big role in this game, both in the story and in the rendering of the scenes (the picnic scene that strongly reminded me of Manet's Dejeuner sur l'herbe comes to mind). Also it started with a picture which resembles one of the main characters.
On the other hand, I think we have spent more time on this than the photographer did when he took the picture which started this whole argument, so for me I will end it here. I did enjoy our conversation however. I think it was civil and educated. It appears Naughtyroad's game brings out the best in people, at least in some of them ;)

A photo/painting can definitely be both a landscape and a portrait. I still do not think this photograph succeeds in this, or evens succeeds in any of those two, because of the composition.

When photography was invented, a lot of painters started using it as part of their workflow and became proficient with it (such as Degas) or later even became famous photographers in their own right (George Hurrell for example), so one could wonder what Monet would have done if he've had access to a modern camera. Well, he would probably have made better pictures than I will ever make :LOL:
I accept your rationale, lol. Also that Manet's a perfect comparison to the picnic scene, it's pretty incredible. I don't remember seeing that piece but the Musée d'Orsay is huge and I have goldfish memory in recent years. I definitely didn't see all the pieces I wanted to there, especially the van Goghs (not sure if it was a time issue or if they weren't available to see when I went...) anyway so I'll have to see if I can catch it next time I'm flush enough to afford to visit.

Hurrell is definitely like, quintessential glamour/pinup so yea if you're comparing this piece to that it's gonna look like a jank portrait but I maintain my contention and I like it as stylistic landscape. Skimming her twitter profile, it appears that she has a preference for wide shots that don't center her completely if she's in front of a particularly nice vista, and on that photo in particular it seemed that she wanted the focus to be on the location, which is apparently in Vegas (woulda never guessed, never been there but it does look similar to the outskirts as portrayed in some movies I've seen). Seems she and her photographer/social media manager are in agreement on the style of shots they want though.

Reactions: PBS666 and LarryK

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
still waiting on the new update :cry::cry::cry:
My observations (your mileage may vary): The current update was released at the beginning of January, which was 8 months after the previous one. On Friday, someone posted the progress report image from the developer and it looks about halfway done. Unless there is a huge difference between the first half and the second half of this update, personally I will be looking for the next update about 4 months from now.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
:unsure: Now that you put a name to her, she kinda looked familiar. I think some others posted images of her before in this thread.
Yeah i kinda rememberd those tits....uh butt....uh i mean face....yes the face from somewhere as well.......god i am going to hell............i hope she does too.

Not only art. The trip to the museum in which denise and the MC are discussing the Art and meaning of different pictures are about Lot and his daughters. In case some ppl do not know this. Lot was a holy man who married his daughters. Not going to much into this but basically the same the MC is doing or we all want him to do.

We could already start a philosophical discussion about this topic xD

To me that is the fascinating aspect of the game. Some can discuss the Art of every and each scene and how they transition perfectly into one another without feeling forced while also providing an excellent contrast of colours which are pleasing to the eye as well aside from the story that hooks you in.
Others can discuss the lighting and the scenery in general.
People like me can appreciate the writing and the dialouge which feel natural and also not forced and still manage to progress the story at a enjoyable speed.

It is literally a cake for everyone :)

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Not only art. The trip to the museum in which denise and the MC are discussing the Art and meaning of different pictures are about Lot and his daughters. In case some ppl do not know this. Lot was a holy man who married his daughters. Not going to much into this but basically the same the MC is doing or we all want him to do.
More accurately, after Lot's wife died (was saltified), the daughters took pity on their father and wanted to give him a male heir. As shown in the art (a foreshadowing later scenes), Lot's daughters got him drunk to reduce his inhibitions. I was particularly struck by the imagery when they were each feeding him drinks from their glasses. Also, the younger daughter pouring. Naughty Road did a great job holding onto the artistic themes presented at the Museum.

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
I love this gem of a game. I hope development continues for a while, I would love to see where the story goes well into the future. I don't think I've played a game with such likeable and fleshed out characters. Watching Denise slowly seduce her family is incredible, I especially liked the scene
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Shit was hot.

Seriously there's a lot going on here and I can't wait to see more of the story unfold, hopefully dear old dad can move up in the world and finally get a bed big enough for all three of them to share. ;)

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I love this gem of a game. I hope development continues for a while, I would love to see where the story goes well into the future. I don't think I've played a game with such likeable and fleshed out characters. Watching Denise slowly seduce her family is incredible, I especially liked the scene
Shit was hot.

Seriously there's a lot going on here and I can't wait to see more of the story unfold, hopefully dear old dad can move up in the world and finally get a bed big enough for all three of them to share. ;)
I hope we soon get also in on the tasting part. :ROFLMAO:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
what are u on about? I'm actually a huge fan of this Dev(and the game)..
I wish i could sit around on my ass for in indefinite amount of time and present a week's(or maybe two)worth amount of work and get paid for it.. let alone getting praised for it..
He's my IDOL!!1

This is for literally everyone crying about the Update process of this game cause i am sick and tired of ppl crying all day over it.

1. Compare this game to DMD or Dark Silvers Big Brother how many years did those games pump out updates monthly without any content and making between 20 to 50k a month with literally nothing in them? Should we also include A Wife and Mother into the mix who is in development for over 3 years now and has literally thousands of renders with literally no scenes whatsoever? And both devs have a team that work full time on it mind you while naughtyroad is alone on this project and has a daytime job as well as a marriage he has to keep working. Totally valid for comparing them.
Thats like comparing a burger joint around the corner with Mc Donalds and getting mad that the Burger joint with 1 dude doing all the work because it has not opend 24/7. Genius move.

2. If you think making characters from scratch, writing, posing and lightning for said scenes takes one week or maybe two you have no idea how DAZ or similar programs work and you sure as hell have no freaking idea how rendering works. If you think you can render a scene in 20 seconds you are in for a surprise when it takes 15 minutes for one simply picture in mediocre quality. You want it high resolution? 30 minutes it is. If you had multiple people rendering pictures on different rigs you sure would be faster but unless you can pay them you are shit out of luck.

3. Please feel free to download something like DAZ Studio and use every provided model, scene and background only to figure out that the free stuff is literally in every game already and that for new stuff you have to pay people who are way better than you in creating shit in order to use said assets in your games or the privilege to even download them. Cause not everything you can pay for is allowed for commercial use. What a bummer huh?
Once you did that feel free to arrange poses for every model, set the lightning correctly with a wonderful menu with many buttons to adjust the lightning angle, brightness etc. to set the scene correctly and have the shadows on the right places. Otherwise you create a new horror movie in the process cause your characters look like they crawled out of hell. And once you tinkered with the settings for about 25 minutes you will figure out that you have to either adjust the camera angle again or the model poses for it to look natural.

4. Even i tried to make one only to give up in the process because it is way to complicated and energy consuming for an old fuck like me and that it would conflict to much with my daytime job to be an enjoyable experience. However i can see how much work is put into this project or others of similar quality and how many hours sunk into the project before you can actually see anything.

I bet you a hundred bucks right here right now that naughtyroad has sunk more then 500 hours into this game since it started. And i am pretty sure i am way below the actuall number of hours.

And how much money does naughtyroad make on this one to milk us? If he would make so much money as you claim why he still has a daytime job? I must say your arguments make a lot of sense.

Since you are so good at all of that already may i ask what your game is called and where i can find it please? If you didn't make one yet that is absolutely no problem. You claim you can do the same amount of work in 2 weeks. So please start right now and in 2 weeks or 4 if you prefer we come to your thread and praise your good work once you reached the same quality as naughtyroad did.
We are waiting patiently sir.

Defending this game is also not fanboying or something like that. It is understanding that quality takes time and expecially since naughtyroad is doing this all alone on his free time. If you want it faster give him money. If you still want it faster get good at coding, posing etc and help the guy. If you still want it faster make your own game. Other than that learn to wait and enjoy your life. If you get mad while you have to wait for stuff i got news for you. You will have that alot in your life. So you better get used to it.

Last edited:

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...)
I bet you a hundred bucks right here right now that naughtyroad has sunk more then 500 hours into this game since it started. And i am pretty sure i am way below the actuall number of hours.
(...)
Heh, actually, as of last Wednesday, 999.0 hours exactly since January 1st 2021, according to my administration.

Also :love:.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
All the answers are here.

I still think it's hilarious that petulant cretins feel the need the drop by and whine about milking for a project that available totally for free to everyone, to a dev that spends on average 50hrs a week or so on that project on top of having a day job and a family. Smary cunts gotta smarmy cunt I guess...

Oh well, one more loon for the ignore box, to howl at the moon with the rest of them.
I finally have had 4 digits in my bank account across multiple months for the first time in a while, so I decided to convert from verbal lemming to financial lemming for a full year. I decided to share more as schadenfreude than boasting, just in case it burns the flesh of any cretins lurking, waiting for a moment that it feels safe to leap out from the shadows. Keep up the good work naughtyroad , and I am willing to commit an hour or two here and there to whatever spell or script-checking status my support confers.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes