SlowDance

May 5, 2017
I'm not being funny - the way things have been I really needed to see the girls. Thank you so much Naughtyroad. Cheers and happy holidays!

• Red Heart
Reactions: naughtyroad

rambo25

Sep 13, 2020
Did you mean to say you lost your old saves? I take great care to make sure saves don't break, if you've experienced that I'd really like to know what happened.
Thanks for reply.I cant realy say what happened.I downloaded as usual,unzipped it,started the game.but no saves from previous play through where visible.even tried to use old saves from previous game folder.if I have to start all over so be it but I prefer not too.thanks again

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
No. It shows you the values of choices you make and you have to pretty much hard no choices multiple times to miss content.
It may be true that a walkthrough is not really needed, but it makes the whole thing a lot easier, especially if you are not a english native speaker.

• Angry
Reactions: Slimeee

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Thanks for reply.I cant realy say what happened.I downloaded as usual,unzipped it,started the game.but no saves from previous play through where visible.even tried to use old saves from previous game folder.if I have to start all over so be it but I prefer not too.thanks again
Hmm, did you get a compressed version or a version someone else built? If someone rebuilt it and changed the save game id, it might be looking at the wrong place. It could also be a security/permissions thing, perhaps some security setting is preventing ren'py from opening it?

Save location should be similar to C:\Users\[your user name here]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LightofmyLife-1547911404\
It'll mirror saves it in your game\saves location under the unpack directory as well, so you can also consider moving them there

At least it's not an error opening the save, that was I was really dreading tbh.

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Just got into work and I see there is the update... Maybe we need a half-day today??? Hmmm :LOL:

At least I'll get something done today instead of taking a trip to F5-city!

Can't wait to give this update a go NR! (y)(y)(y)(y)
Here I already took a sick day this week for a real migraine. It would be too suspicious to take another so soon. :(

rambo25

Sep 13, 2020
Hmm, did you get a compressed version or a version someone else built? If someone rebuilt it and changed the save game id, it might be looking at the wrong place. It could also be a security/permissions thing, perhaps some security setting is preventing ren'py from opening it?

Save location should be similar to C:\Users\[your user name here]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LightofmyLife-1547911404\
It'll mirror saves it in your game\saves location under the unpack directory as well, so you can also consider moving them there

At least it's not an error opening the save, that was I was really dreading tbh.
Downloaded it from the2 part workupload link from here

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
It may be true that a walkthrough is not really needed, but it makes the whole thing a lot easier, especially if you are not a english native speaker.
True on general grounds. If only the chapter 5 WT mod wasn't a shitty speed-run through the most boring path in the game where the mod maker decided that not getting a game over sign during your run-through in a game that doesn't has that surely must be a sign of "best choices".

I surely hope they leave off this time, I'm even sorely tempted to provide one OotB, just so the significant amount of players that seems to go for it doesn't have the shitty experience it offers, and think worse of me for it.

Reactions: save8lot

Daasss

Jan 23, 2017
I saw the update, I was happy. Then I saw "version 0.6.2" and couldn't believe my eyes, the last one was 0.6.1, i was like "What? Seven months to get +0.0.1?" Luckily, there is an explanation :)

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Downloaded it from the2 part workupload link from here
I meant more like the previous installment you played. If it saved under the wrong number, my version wouldn't see them.
You might also consider tabbing to the side, see if somehow your saves don't start a few pages later. That can happen if you switch computer or reinstalled, since saves live both in the game folder and under users folder, if the users folder is removed, you might not see the older saves anymore, just the saves made later that are still in your old game folder.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes