Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
They are citizens of the world. Their origin is unimportant beside the fact that it was never mentioned. Many people have posted photos of girls looking like they could have been the inspiration for our two beloved wards but Naugty said that it was not the casse. Anyway in my head their ancestry is diverse and to tell you where they got their look from beside their parents would fill a whole page with diferents part of the world.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Dumb question: are they supposed to be hispanic? I've always thought they looked Indian or other middle eastern, but the chunky chicas joke made me question it.
I also thought the girls looked Middle-Eastern.
They are earthlings and the MC is their leader (well, they let him think he is). Whatever ethnicity or culture you wish to make them for your gaming enjoyment - have fun with it. That's one reason why the developer decided that he didn't need to declare.
It's interesting - I have never seen discussions or arguments on whether the blonde hair, blue-eyed fair-complexion women in other games are Castilian or Dutch or South African or Southern Californian whose complete family tree for 400 years has always lived in North America, but people try to pigeonhole Denise and Macy.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
It's interesting - I have never seen discussions or arguments on whether the blonde hair, blue-eyed fair-complexion women in other games are Castilian or Dutch or South African or Southern Californian whose complete family tree for 400 years has always lived in North America, but people try to pigeonhole Denise and Macy.
Yeah, cause all White people look the same anyway. :)

GandalfTheGrey91

May 1, 2022
They are earthlings and the MC is their leader (well, they let him think he is). Whatever ethnicity or culture you wish to make them for your gaming enjoyment - have fun with it. That's one reason why the developer decided that he didn't need to declare.
Today I learned Dutch, Spanish and South African people only live in North America and even have always lived there! /s

"Complete family tree".. Thanks to the US for creating these people. Really.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Today I learned Dutch, Spanish and South African people only live in North America and even have always lived there! /s

"Complete family tree".. Thanks to the US for creating these people. Really.
Your sarcasm doesn't translate well. Sorry. There's a reason why I qualified the Southern Californian with the term of "for 400 years" and not the entire family tree back to single-cell organisms. Also, each of the distinctions were separated by the OR conjunction denoting their differing group statuses and not separated by commas with a singular OR to infer a list of nationalities/regions that make up one single group (as your sarcastic reply did).

GandalfTheGrey91

May 1, 2022
Your sarcasm doesn't translate well. Sorry. There's a reason why I qualified the Southern Californian with the term of "for 400 years" and not the entire family tree back to single-cell organisms. Also, each of the distinctions were separated by the OR conjunction denoting their differing group statuses and not separated by commas with a singular OR to infer a list of nationalities/regions that make up one single group (as your sarcastic reply did).
Man so many words I don't understand. I should leave my shit hole country and get back where I belong- to my origins. There I can learn the language of my ancestors (totally not the British).

It isn't fun here anyway. Swedes, Italians, Scott's, Russians, bosnians.. They look all the same. Only in the land of the free no one looks like the other.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
So you don't know, do you?

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
No one's trying to pidgeonhole them, just curious about it. I personally think ethnicity is interesting and I was curious where they were supposed to be from as well, actually. Usually authors have some idea of where their characters originate from, but maybe not here I guess. To me, their appearance pretty obviously looks central/south american or middleeastern/indian (looks more like the former to me personally). Pretty sure this game takes place in USA, but maybe I'm wrong. That's why it's more interesting to guess heritage here I think. With white characters, game usually takes place in USA or maybe europe, UK etc., so it's already pretty obvious and no guessing involved as question already answered. I personally like when characters have a strong ethnic background, I think it adds flavor. Either way, no harm done.

Feb 22, 2018
There's the choice early on to decide what to have for supper. I know two of the choices are lamb and pork. I think that was on purpose to make it even more vague what their ethnicities are.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
There's the choice early on to decide what to have for supper. I know two of the choices are lamb and pork. I think that was on purpose to make it even more vague what their ethnicities are.
There are three choices: Lamb, Pork, and Turkey. Whereas Denise is vegetarian. All the choices are readily available on most continents.

Dremel

Sep 24, 2017
There are three choices: Lamb, Pork, and Turkey. Whereas Denise is vegetarian. All the choices are readily available on most continents.
You're gonna have a hard time finding pork on the menu in most middle eastern countries. (read; muslim majority religion). And while lamb is available in western countries, it's more prevalent in those same previously mentioned muslim majority countries. The choice between pork or lamb can be seen as 'are you from a christian influenced society or a muslim one'. Which deliberately creates a personal immersion or headspace that subconciously localises the ethnicity of the girls. If that's on purpose then kudos to Naughtyroad.
What turkey is doing there in the options I'm not sure in this particular analogy. :unsure:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Turkey is the healthier white meat alternative to two unhealthy red meats.
Red meat is unhealthy? :eek:
If my wife finds out about this i will never ever get a steak again.

On the other hand i could rub my dick till it turns red and go with the "red meat is unhealthy honey" excuse. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: PBS666
4.70 star(s) 487 Votes