VN - Ren'Py - Light of My Life [Ch. 1-7 v1.0.0] [Naughty Road]

1. 5.00 star(s)

emrysfrim

it's a great game not just if you're horny though for that purpose it's still really good the writing is good too

and it also feels like your decisions actually make a difference so it feels alot more rewarding to play
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Remor

This is one of those games I heard good things about and looked at a lot of times, but ultimately skipped because of the character models. We all have different tastes, but these models are not really for me, even if my preferences for AVNs are story over sex scenes.

However, a few days ago I caved and downloaded Light of my Life to check out the game purely on a story level, and hoping the models would grow on me. Unfortunately I had trouble finishing the game. There are a lot of good things here though.
    The dynamic between Macy, Denise and the MC is quite good. The premise is interesting and I saw potential for a lot of conflicts, drama and intrigue. Macy is the bratty, angry and combative elder ward with a soft interior, while Denise is sweet and caring, but dealing with anxiety issues. Both well written characters in my book.

It started well, but as I played, the game got more and more repetitive. Not just the same renders, but you keep repeating the same mundane tasks every single day with slightly different dialogue.
    Wake up, massage, coffee, go to work, get home, eat dinner, sit on the couch, go to bed. When the game breaks away from this repetitive cycle is when it gets much better. The museum scene being a prime example. Unfortunately these are few and far between, especially in the early game.
    Without spoiling anything more of the story, I found myself getting bored.

The models didn't grow on me. I actually at times found them repulsive and borderline creepy. Not something I want from a sex game. Some of the facial expressions are really over the top and feel jarring. Other times the facial expressions can be excellent. Very mixed bag for me, tilting heavily towards the negative.

Overall it's not a bad game. Far from it. It just didn't keep my interest as much as I hoped it would.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

This review is for Light of My Life v0.6.3
    === Writing ===
    + good dialogue
    + likeable characters
    + fleshed out characters
    +/- the wincest content certainly isn't rushed, which is great, but it takes a little too long for anything with the daughters to happen and it isn't as justified in the writing as it could be; what I mean is that when playing the game and reading all the dialogue and thoughts of characters, it's hard to figure out why exactly NOW is the moment when things happen and not yesterday, or the day before; if you like being blueballed and titillated for very long stretches of time, you'll love it, though
    +/- somewhat believable setting & premise
    - it goes in strange directions for a trio of characters (the 'crones') that I feel is not appropriate for the genre of the game (office ladies and greek god ritual worship? uh?); also, it happens after a character has promised certain sexual favors, so she has to awkwardly confront those promises and postpone them to later; simply feels weird in a bad way tbh
    === Graphics ===
    + beautiful model renders
    + unique looking models, even if a bit on the strange looking side
    + beautiful environments
    + great atmosphere
    + good animations
    === Audio ===
    +/- no comment (I played without audio, sorry)
    === Gameplay ===
    + no mini-games, stats, or other things that weigh down fap games imo, entirely story & choice
    +/- there's only 6 girls to pursue in total so far, however there's more character development for them as well than in many other games and I'm sure more is planned; it's only 1 dev afaik, and I think it's clear this game is going for depth rather than width, which is fine by me
    +/- huge amount of decisions and choices throughout the game, though it's difficult to tell what difference many of them actually have at this stage, maybe there's plans in the future to utilize them; still, a lot of them add flavor and let you express yourself to the characters, which is good
    - lack of any darker decisions/routes, except maybe one character that's kinkier, but it seems like you get punished a little for pursuing it and it's only happened once so far; the stat system makes it seem like you might have a darker route available to you where you capitalize on one daughter's fear and another's anger, but it's not really a route in that sense, you just lose out on bonding with your daughters; HOWEVER, it is apparently impossible to miss out on sex scenes with the daughters unless you purposely want to, so there's that at least which is good; since this is mostly a genre criticism and isn't related to the game's quality, it won't affect my score of it, but for those who want it, it's not here
    === Playability ===
    + bug free during my playthroughs
  4. 5.00 star(s)

FluxProduction

(Currently version 0.6.4)
    This is my first and probably one of my only reviews, but I have to say I'm really enjoying it so far. I really enjoy the character's personalities and design. The character design honestly is unique from other games, and I truly appreciate the change of pace.

I can't wait for more, I do hope this sees success!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

demiboss

So I finally got around to playing this game, like a lot of people (I assume) I was put off by the models but after seeing how well it was rated thought I have to at least give it a try, I was so glad I did.
    The models got some getting used to and if you are just looking for a VN to skip through to get to the steamy bits this game might not be for you. However if you are looking for an extremely well written VN with fully developed characters you can't go wrong here.
    I was honestly surprised to find myself caring for the 2 main girls, I wanted them to be happy, I wanted the MC to make them happy.
    There was a section where the youngest was subjected to an event that made her anxiety spike, you spend time through the game doing things and making decisions that would hopefully lower this trait in her and once I saw it spiking again I found myself IRL feeling upset over it, I wanted to get her out, I wanted her to feel safe.
    Only bad thing now is waiting for updates, I started on the 0.6.4 update and there was a incredible amount of story here, however now I have finished it I want more, almost wish I didn't play it until the game was finished just to have the full experience.
    Keep up the great work.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

faticushammer

One of the few VN here that have a story that is interesting and adds to the sexual tension. the models are unique and their personalities feel less tropey than others.

Would recommend for any perverts that enjoy the build-up as much as they enjoy the animated scenes.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

coffeeaddicted

Light of my Life,

The first time I fired it up, I was confused. Believe me, I thought I did something wrong as I saw after the drunk scene the logo again.

Silly me.

I was looking for a really good story and some atmosphere that captures love and harmony.
    Well, this game gets a lot of things right.

First, I think incest is wrong but as a game fetish it can be very erotic.
    Though I like to play a very romantic route where nothing is really forced but evolves naturally.
    So, how is it?

Technically, its really well made.
    Effects are nice and new to me (of course) and you kind of get sucked into the story.
    To me, its great that you do not see yourself as the protagonist. Besides your arms and legs but never your head.

The art is great. I have to assume a lot of love went into creating the game.
    I have to admit that I love the characters all around. They look cute. You have to fall in love with your daughters. I kind of wished I had daughters like them.
    Every character I met so far, is what I want.

Story. Its a story about loss of love. You lost your life partner and you are stuck where you need to support your daughters. To be the person that cares for them. No matter the situation.
    One daughter suffers from panic attacks, the other is suspicious of you.
    So you need to build a relationship with them.

It is very good laid out and you can play as strict or caring.
    I played with no numbers shown up. In real life you have no chart either. So lets evolve it naturally.

Got to admit that it is an emotional journey. You can get really sucked into the story.
    The effect of the game work well, with the story. I like the scenes when a character that talks to you, leaves towards the side.
    Over time, depending on your choices, you will come closer to your daughters. Denise especially grows closer to you and relies on your support to make it through the day.

Macy on the other had, is harder to get closer. She is like a though women that has a vulnerable inner.

Little things, like in real life, cement the bond between you and them.
    I got actually tears in my eyes. You can emphasizes with all of these characters.
    Though, the game has many tags, to me romance :love:was the one I was interested in.
    And it delivers on that for sure.

The music is also a nice touch for the game. Every situation has a sound that paints the situation. I do not know if the music is self made or taken from somewhere else. The bottom line is, they fit the situation.

So how would you rate a game like this.
    Since the game is not done yet, I will give a five. Because it sticks out of the crowd of games.

Its a new experience for me. I usually like to play female protagonists and more devious games. But this is what I actually really like to play. To be in a romantic relationship with my girls. Perhaps also without incest as a boyfriend (?).
    I know we play games for our fetishes and desires but It struck me that what I really like and love, is romance. Its deeper than anything forces and it mirrors what I feel deep inside me.

So this game delivers to me what I was seeking. (y)

Both daughters look great. We established that. I always wondered where they are from? I can not say what background they have. All I know is, that they are looking so great that I wish I would be in love with them in real. Silly, right?
    The game lets me connect with them and you feel for them.

To the devs I can only say, you did a good job. And if you ever develop a game again, keep the male out of visible sight. The story is so much more immersive. Because I know that I am caring for these characters and not some guy in the story.

I think, I hope, I can make out with Brooke and build a family. To make the family whole again. I think I would love that. But its too early to say as I do not know where the story will lead.

Ok, have to play further….
  8. 5.00 star(s)

TanduKitsisu

Another game I found on itch.io. This one touches the heartstrings in so many ways. I love how the girls look, gives it a very unique style. I know updates take a little longer but the waiting is worth it each time.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

PoisonousGas

Although the style might be weird for some, I think it has a really interesting pull and feel, makes it more unique, which in turn makes the characters more interesting in my eyes.
    The story does take an interesting take on the genre, making the ward the instigator on the relationship, which is pretty rare. But there are some times that the story seems to slow down a bit, or at least it feels like that to me. But all in all, it is an amazing game, 100% worth a try. You will not be disappointed.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Cliffor

Nice game but couldn't go through beyond episode 3, too much repetition of same style of scenes and the abusive personality of the elder ward and the way she usually always takes her pent up anger on people around her without rarely ever trying to open up and understand others is way too messed up for me i failed to see what exactly she provides in a story about coping with loss except maybe more pain not to mention that unlike the younger ward she rarely ever tries to interact with mc on her own initiative as for h scenes they are ok i guess not really a big fan of the 3d models played it mainly for the story but didn't enjoy it as much i thought i would.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Manknam

I'm usually a pretty messed up guy, i gravitate around games and stories where corruption, cruelty and betrayal are the common themes. Therefore, i was reluctant about this game. I couldn't see myself enjoy it
    Boy oh boy, i was wrong.
    Sex aside (the sex scenes are pretty hot in a slow burn kind of way), i found myself to CARE for the daughters: i empathize with the younger one and her struggle to mantain an ounce of control and happiness in her life, i understood the pain of the older one, her forbidden love and her guilt.
    It is a messed up dynamic between messed up people and it is morally questionable, sure, but it is also sweet and tragic.
    I also adore the Coven. They are endearing and i find myself to smile every time i hear their theme.
    Truly a gem.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

weirdanime

So I downloaded this game some time ago reluctantly because I wasn't sure about the art in it. The game told me that the story is important and asked if I was here just for the wank which I confirmed and the game quit. I thought nothing of it, went to a different game, had said wank and after some time deleted Light of My Life. Yesterday I thought I'd give it a go again, downloaded and ran it. The game went ”Oh, it's you again! Changed your mind?” which was a nice touch. I played it by reading the story as the dev suggests and boy am I happy I did. Even when you're not sure about the art, I guarantee it grows on you every minute. The story is fantastically written. And the sex scenes... Buckets, lads. I wish I could give a higher note than a five-star one because LoML is actually in a class of its own.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Defalt27

honestly i love incest games, but most of the ones you find in this site are superficial and don't really develop the forbidden love that me, and i believe, most of the people who like incest are looking for, but this one ain't like the rest.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

parachina

When it comes to games posted in this forum, this game is truly on its own league. The dev is clearly very talented and it really shows on how insanely well written this game is (which is even more surprising since its a nsfw game). Its clear how much care and passion this guy put on his work

I never even bothered to write a review before and i dont even read reviews tbh, but this game was something else for me
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Mesachieman

My absolute favorite game. The story is so well written that you can't help but connect to the characters. Love the art work as well. Hard to choose between the two "wards." The are both amazing characters in their own right, Keep up the good work NR, looking forward to the next update.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

brick257

The Story. It's not a groundbreaking idea to have an adult and two young "roommates" have a story in which they bond over a clearly traumatic event. In this instance, there's a great balance between good writing and cornball dialogue/insane situations to make it feel funny and awkward - weirdly like real life. The novel snaps between vivid, emotional flashbacks and current events pretty regularly and each character in the first few chapters goes through an additional traumatic event. There's a ton of build up here and things move slowly, but you truly feel for the characters.
    The main character is, as most MCs, vapid and faceless. I don't mind it too much, as it allows for more room to self insert and lean into the corny shit he sometimes says without feeling irritated by it. My bit complaint is, most of the options you get to choose from in the first half of the game come back around to the same outcome, regardless. In total, though, while playing it, I felt just like most parents feel when dealing with children: like I had no fucking idea what to say to make a situation better or if it'll make a situation worse. And that's great.

The Models. None of the women are supermodels. Several even comment that they believe themselves to be ugly - which I really like a whole WHOLE lot more than what we see in many titles. It's interesting to see the models early on and think "Eh, I'm not sure if i can manage," but by the end of chapter 1 you don't' think about it very much at all. So when a soft, supple thigh gets exposed or the main character's hands slide along someone's hip, it reminds you "this is a game with sex as an option" and it just fucking worked for me. I really appreciate that they look (more) like real people - not flawless caricatures of supermodels or 46 H-breasted alien people. I intimately knew a woman who had the /exact/ same breasts as the girls in this game, and that really stood out to me as being a good touch.

The Gameplay. It's a visual novel, so gameplay is light, but there are some systems for balancing the ratios of the girls: love vs anger, love vs anxiety, etc. I do wish there were a lot more chances to lose or gain "points" to each statistic and that those statistics would show in more interesting ways, but it's a Visual Novel, not a full-blown life simulator. It does well for what it attempts to do!

Overall. I've spent a few days with this game and really have enjoyed the first several chapters. I think it's quite good. There are a lot of moments where I'll cackle out loud, embarrassed or stressed at a situation, and the humor of the writer is actually not bad!
    The weakest part of the game is a lack of variety in locations. I understand keeping the scenes and setpieces limited in number helps make the game smaller and easier to produce, but other than home, office, car, and a shopping trip - i've yet to see any big interesting locations (pool, movie theater, theme park, carnival, pier, beach, do more at the school, the diner, etc). Really hoping we can broaden the game out to more NPCs and locations, but past that - I'm loving this game. Well done.

Update: There's a whole lot of piss in the game pretty suddenly. Some o fit is skippable, some of it isn't. But it's the only part of the ENTIRE game that feels cumbersome and tacked on. Like a family member who keeps asking you if you want something to drink even after you've told them no several times. And there's several conversations /about/ people pissing, people wanting to piss, people who are pissing, people who need help pissing. It doesn't bother me all that much and it still seems UNUSUALLY PREVALANT - so if that's not your thing, you should probably stop after chapter 2-3.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

kellsjunk

The imagery is done very well. The bodies on the characters are more realistic than most of these games, however, the characters are also not as *ahem* appealing as some other games. Also, the animations are hardly that at all. They are essentially 2 images shifted back and forth with some blurring inbetween. The lewd content doesnt match the amount of time spent on an "ok" story. I think this creator has potential to make a great game, I just didn't feel this was it.

Version: 0.6.2
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Vrah

I'm rating this game 5 stars, there were slight concerns (not really concerns but for lack of a better word im using it) I absolutely fell in love with this game.
    I enjoy the story for the game even though I don't agree with how characters go through their mental trauma and why my characters opinion on how they handle it is directly wrong or directly correct based on my beliefs of what they should do.

but getting past some of the negatives I want to address how well the story develops in an easy to understand way even though the pacing was a bit weird and characters "motivations" were a bit obviously there to build the story, however the repetitive but slow interactions with a daily life cycle in mind were wonderfully executed.
    The fluidity of the motions were unlike any other visual novel i've seen(which to be fair) is not many but absolutely captivating.

I can't stress how important playful but fun and attention grabbing the side scenes (dreams) were to the game i was even so truly invested into the game that I watched the creator talk about how people are pirating the game and selling it for profit like the scum they are even that part felt engaging.

The build-up and corny at times lines spoken by the girls were so enjoyable and emotion filled that I loved it, however the character i controlled couldve been more opinionated or involved in the writing.

The overall story was very delicate and even though there is a warning at the start saying that the game will be mainly be (not outright porn) focused on the wordy and strenuous side of story development I personally felt the pacing was going back and forth between gradual and sudden,
    which isnt bad Its actually part of the appeal and for me it didn't feel really boring because it kept you really engaged after you got to know characters and situations and emotions the characters were progressing through.

ALSO CAN I MENTION HOW DANG MUCH I ENJOYED THE CORNY SEXUAL INNUENDOS throughout the game? holy - others mightve disliked it but I LOVED IT

somethings could be better and some things are amazing but for a porn game (not to mention FREE game) ESPECIALLY 1 as detailed as this i ENJOYED IT 5 STARS WORTHY - yes with both heads

planning to send a donation, I want more content and I'm invested and hooked. i want updates on this more than i want new seasons of shows and anime

side note the "art" I honestly don't care what others say is bad or whatever they carry on with. This art was amazing and the characters were beautifully drawn and the options to choose the relationships and names of the characters with default options preset was incredibly smart.

i would like to say I have no good GRACIOUS IDEA what "ward" means when referring to relationships between my characters? i googled it and still couldnt understand.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Cruhtra

At the start creator gives a warning about how the game has a lot of story, but I was still surprised. However, content is good, art takes a bit to get used to, but I liked it in the end. Thankfully I played when ch 6 was out, so that was a good experience. Less than that would be a bit frustrating.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

der_selppa

What a fantastic game. At first I was a little unhappy with the amount of story happening, but the writing and how it all ties together really turned me around. Naughtyroad and whoever else is working on the story definitely knocked it out of the park!
    I can't blame people for not really being too into the art, but they should at least give it a try. It's very well done and definitely grows on you as you begin to get invested in the characters (I changed my opinion on it about halfway through and definitely hope they adopt this art style for future games).
    Overall I'm extremely happy that I gave the game a try and am definitely looking forward to further updates!