Ru1n

Feb 8, 2021
Hello to all who are not but, throw off the saves from the open gallery
You can access the gallery on you own without a save or path if that's what you want, not entirely sure what you're after.

Hans456

Nov 20, 2017
I wonder how long it takes before the first techbro comes along that suggests just using chatGPT to do the writing...
Considering the state of the games that get monthly updates nowadays, i would actually prefer if an AI took over the entire creative process.

I swear, the grammar alone causes erectile dysfunction.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Considering the state of the games that get monthly updates nowadays, i would actually prefer if an AI took over the entire creative process.

I swear, the grammar alone causes erectile dysfunction.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But me game good. Women horny. Send money to get fucky fucky LOOOONG TIME :ROFLMAO:

ObsceneScion

Apr 7, 2022
Actually, 12 hours each on the weekend days, 3 hours on four weekdays, and another 12 on the 5th. Seems like a lot, but really, when I was still gaming instead of dev'ing I'd put in those hours too, and I'm having just as much fun as I was before (well, apart from the parts where I have to wade through the never-ending stream of drivel from certain vacuous twerps). Vacations, those sound great. I get vacation days on the second job, you know? They go into LomL too.

The remark about ren'py shows an embarrassing amount of ignorance wrt the process of creation VN, really. Like there's no visuals to create and render out in Daz, postwork and tranform scripting to perform, actual writing of dialog to do. You know, the actual bits that make up the VN? The bits of ren'py programming hardly make up 5% of all the work, if that.

My god, these whinging boys that think that, just because they got a degree in engineering, they are able to deduce how the entire world should work from first principles from behind their keyboards, and don't hesitate to jump up on their high horses of entitlement at the first notion actual reality dares refuse their flawless reasoning, they'll be the death of me. Just walk an actual mile in my shoes before you open your mouth, will you?
Ignore the idiots dude, you're probably the highest quality dev working in this arena.

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
Actually, 12 hours each on the weekend days, 3 hours on four weekdays, and another 12 on the 5th. Seems like a lot, but really, when I was still gaming instead of dev'ing I'd put in those hours too, and I'm having just as much fun as I was before (well, apart from the parts where I have to wade through the never-ending stream of drivel from certain vacuous twerps). Vacations, those sound great. I get vacation days on the second job, you know? They go into LomL too.

The remark about ren'py shows an embarrassing amount of ignorance wrt the process of creation VN, really. Like there's no visuals to create and render out in Daz, postwork and tranform scripting to perform, actual writing of dialog to do. You know, the actual bits that make up the VN? The bits of ren'py programming hardly make up 5% of all the work, if that.

My god, these whinging boys that think that, just because they got a degree in engineering, they are able to deduce how the entire world should work from first principles from behind their keyboards, and don't hesitate to jump up on their high horses of entitlement at the first notion actual reality dares refuse their flawless reasoning, they'll be the death of me. Just walk an actual mile in my shoes before you open your mouth, will you?
Please take all the time you need. Very few of your actual player/fan base question you, the game, or project as a whole. You are one of the FEW developers that maintain open communication on the forum while keeping an honest and transparent account of game development/questions as well as creative fanfare stuff. Your game is approaching that holy grail status of being an ATG AVN. Very few games have a case for that but this project absolutely does and its happened specifically because youve taken your time and done what you wanted to do. Stoked for the update and waiting is no issue from where I'm seated.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Гляжу здесь страсти бурлят. То же жду продолжения, зацепило. Но понимаю и разработчика, вполне возможно он и рад закончить к какому то сроку, но вот беда герои его не слушаются и делают всё не так. В этом думаю проблема, а не в количестве часов затраченных на набор кода.
Looked better in esperanto

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I see passions are running high here. I'm also waiting for the sequel, hooked. But I understand the developer, it is quite possible he is happy to finish by a certain deadline, but the trouble is his characters do not listen to him and do everything wrong. I think this is the problem, rather than the number of hours spent on typing code.
Don't forget to provide an English translation, please. (fixed it here in the quote)

If you are saying that instead of him writing the story, the characters (in his mind) choose to make decisions which cause him to work more to bring their stories to fruition in the game - you may be correct. I know that when I am writing short stories and am working on my longer writings that while I have plans for the plotline, I find that the characters have a will of their own. I may find myself transcribing scenes which I hadn't imagined would take place, initially.

I don't find that a problem. I think some fans anxious to play the next chapter see it as a problem, when it is not. It's just part of the creative creation process. Some things go quicker than expected, some take longer. Over the past 50 years of video games, the public has been conditioned to play games after development is complete and so the public isn't really aware of all the hills and valleys of the development process. It's only the past decade where a larger audience of players have had a behind-the-scenes experience of production cycles of some games in development. As such, they become frustrated with situations that are normal in the process. Understandable, but expectations should be tempered and consideration should be taken.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Oh, that is true. The girls do have minds of their own and they go off on tangents from time to time, leading the dialog into directions I never thought about or intended it to go. I've sort of given up on trying to keep them in check, as good things come out of it more often than not. A nice example is the aftermath of Macy's first time with the MC. She did not like where I wanted to go with that originally at all, and refused to play ball, and in the end, her way made for a much more touching scene than what it would have been if I had my way, I think.

Jack-ish

Jul 12, 2018
Oh, that is true. The girls do have minds of their own and they go off on tangents from time to time, leading the dialog into directions I never thought about or intended it to go. I've sort of given up on trying to keep them in check, as good things come out of it more often than not. A nice example is the aftermath of Macy's first time with the MC. She did not like where I wanted to go with that originally at all, and refused to play ball, and in the end, her way made for a much more touching scene than what it would have been if I had my way, I think.
Curious where you originally wanted to go. Don't have to answer, though.

Edit: I like that your characters are that real to you. Not nearly enough of that in writing nowadays.

Reactions: InvaderZim

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Curious where you originally wanted to go. Don't have to answer, though.

Edit: I like that your characters are that real to you. Not nearly enough of that in writing nowadays.
Well, originally, I thought they'd get all shocked about what they just did, and get all bashful and shy, and the MC might have dialog options to coax her out from behind some walls she'd quickly pulled up. But instead, she kept on joking, trying to shock the mc, talk about what happened, to connect with him really. So I gave up and let her run with that.

Mind you, there's quite a few different ways that scene can play out. Here's a diagram I did for it for a blog post on patreon/subscribestar a while back (after the fact, I don't document my work in that way normally). Sometimes it feels like you gotta keep two or three versions of a character in your head, not just one. :D
scene diagram.jpg

Jack-ish

Jul 12, 2018
Well, originally, I thought they'd get all shocked about what they just did, and get all bashful and shy, and the MC might have dialog options to coax her out from behind some walls she'd quickly pulled up. But instead, she kept on joking, trying to shock the mc, talk about what happened, to connect with him really. So I gave up and let her run with that.

Mind you, there's quite a few different ways that scene can play out. Here's a diagram I did for it for a blog post on patreon/subscribestar a while back (after the fact, I don't document my work in that way normally). Sometimes it feels like you gotta keep two or three versions of a character in your head, not just one. :D
View attachment 2607266
Lol. You're seriously surprising the hell out of me with the way you talk about story and character building. It feels like you're part of an endangered species. It really gives me hope to see there are still writers out there.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes