LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
naughtyroad , I been meaning to ask. The lovely thing you did adding numbers to the choice bars, is that hard coded, or something that could be put into a small mod? Not asaking you to do it, jusrt wonderring if it's worth me chasing it out, or a waste of time?

Reactions: JackshitMelody

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
I never really thought about how lucky I am to be a left hand preferred "joystick" user but also a righthanded mouse user
We have it good!

Ok I know that it is far in the future, but about the update after the next one. If LomL is finding it's place on steam, we will need to Pirate it the good old way rather than be blessed by Naughty's generosity since Valve, in their contract with devs and publishers forbid the distribution of games for cheaper on other platform. Meaning NR won't be able to distribute LomL for free elsewhere. (here, ich.io, GoG or other sites for example)

Skrotum

Apr 12, 2020
I can see your point, but the problem is, you being here cannot be traced back to you? Are you sure you're that secure?
It just seems a bit paranoid. I fully agree on the "not want to leave footprints on the internet" but it's very hard to be anonymus. You could also sue valve for leaking your data, but that's not a very realistic scenario.
Sure I could be traced by IP, but that is only traffic information and that isn't normally saved for eternity. Also traffic information isn't a direct connection as payment information (credit card data) or your name and address that is stored by valve. Suing a company will not repair any damage done to your reputation or a data leak that is used to pressure you.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
naughtyroad , I been meaning to ask. The lovely thing you did adding numbers to the choice bars, is that hard coded, or something that could be put into a small mod? Not asaking you to do it, jusrt wonderring if it's worth me chasing it out, or a waste of time?
It's a small modification to the menu screen logic, that lives in an rpy, and it's generic, so quite easy to override by way of an rpy mod file. Note that the version in my code is a bit muddled as there's also a remnant of a defunct bit of code in there that has nothing to do with adding those numbers in. I should edit that out sometimes. Hit me up on the DMs if you wanna go into the details.

Ru1n

Feb 8, 2021
Sure I could be traced by IP, but that is only traffic information and that isn't normally saved for eternity. Also traffic information isn't a direct connection as payment information (credit card data) or your name and address that is stored by valve. Suing a company will not repair any damage done to your reputation or a data leak that is used to pressure you.
Are you a public figure? Can your reputation be ruined by leaking such data, i don't know who you are(don't even want to know) but why would valve want to ruin your reputation? They just post your library to the public or send a mail to your loved ones?
I still think that's too paranoid.

Reactions: whoabacha
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes