VN - Ren'Py - Light of My Life [Ch. 1-7 v1.0.0] [Naughty Road]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Peter the Great

I really want to enjoy this game but i cant, hence the 2* instead of the 1*.

The good:
    - renders are okay
    - grammar is good
    - Facial expressions clearly evoke an emotion

the bad:
    - I heard this had an engaging story and characters.. it does not.
    - very repetitive game play loop
    - Ugly and derpy looking characters
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Hawt

Like the game A LOT. At first, because autor hits the spot with Macy because for me she looks like mixture of things i like the most - rock bitches and WoW trolls. At second, because story and whole text write damn good without stupid shit. A dozen of times i catch myself on thougt "this autor is really know what he write" That phrase about malnutrition from Sara, or describing anathomy, feelings and other stuff. It's so real and serious that you believe in the story. Exellent work, but shame that i probably won't find something similair and this is a little depressing. But anyway. Thank you/your team for this expirience!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

RedPillBlues

This is one of the few games on this site that I actually think deserves its 5 star ratings. Everything about this game is a cut above the rest.

The writing is easily one of the top 3 games on this site, up there with The last sovereign. Sure it might be a little on the slower side, but the build up creates such a high tension and makes the game very erotic(Kinda hate using that word).And even if it is on the slower side of some games, its realistic and doesn't drag out too long while also rewarding you nicely along the way. The characters actually feel and react like real people which is so rare in adult games.

The art, well you hate it or love it. From a technical standpoint, the renders are flat out great. The lighting, settings and posing are all way above the average game. The models however are a hot contention. When the game came out I wasn't a big fan, and didn't play till the second version, however now this game is the game I recommend when people ask for romance games. The models grew on me that much, and you have to at least commend the dev for trying something so different with is characters.

As for gameplay, its normal visual novel stuff, not much to talk about. Dont fix what isnt broke.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Zoonma

I admit and guilty of, judged the game from the unique character designs. I put it off for a while, saw its further updates and thought to myself "why not, give it a try".

Was looking for some fap material (like almost everyone here does) to make that void bearable. But got somthing else instead. I come from a background of really enjoying quality writings, story and character development so it took me a little bit by surprise and quickly realized there is a lot more to this game and even more so to find it here.

Ill just say it now. If you are looking for a quick fix, a pump and dump so to speak. This is not a game you would enjoy. Nothing wrong with that at all, I some times wonder around for that as well. Just saying.

But if you like well created characters, real quality, development and narrative. Then you will come to like this game a lot. There is still naughtiness to this game of course, but it feels far more natural then others. Some things will be gut wrenching though. Its not on SOMA levels(a masterpiece of a game) but it does shine on its own. I would not be embarrassed to admit supporting this kind of product to anyone. Thats how good the game is, so far, in my opinion.

Going to go dig out my gray goose bottle now, tonight I drink. Some things hit a little too on the nose for me in this game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

jajadse

I didn't even begin playing the game but just the beginning dialogue was hilarious, it even kicked me out of the game lmfao, I have never encountered this in any lewd game in my life, so just based on that you deserve 10/10 lmao, so if the rest of the dialogue you keep mentioning has the same amount of greatness in it then I will gladly read it lol.
    P.S- this is my first time ever writing a review in this site
  6. 5.00 star(s)

NyVar

I hesitated for so long playing this game. Almost a year! And it was all just because of the models. But i can assure anyone with a slight ability to take a story in, and either relate or emphasize on the situation will absolutely love it. It actually enhances the richness in my honest opinion. I even grew to think they were cute and adorable :p Whatever the relations to your co-charakters, or to real people in life in general. emotions and feelings come either way. Unless your a real wierdo :)

With that said, the start of the story DOES seem repetitive - But i think thats the point. To get into charakter so to speak. It does change and it wheighs on the story itself. The way "random" things happens with the other charakters in-game is really a nice touch! I absolutely love that! Makes it less platonic, and more realistic and engaeing.

Thats my take on this after my 1st PT.
    Dev's update schedule and other things related to that i know nothing about yet, so cannot comment. But i do love the game :) Kudos to the team
    (Sorry for bad spelling and grammar seeing english being my 3rd language)
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Hurit

Overall a great game!
    Generally the pace of the game isn't as fast as other games, but the overall content is outstanding with beautiful drawings (other than the standard Daz) and the story is greatly detailed!
    The main drawback to mention is the update cycle which is slower than some creators.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

emanresuistaken

I appreciate greatly that this VN is doing something more unique and tells you straight up at the start what you can expect and that it might not be for you. That being said I do not find the models very attractive or the story interesting enough to stick with it. I would've given this 2,5/5 if it was possible.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

randomusername2937

For someone that wanted to focus on dialogue and story, this game has one of the most boring, repetitive stories I've come across. The first 2 hours of the game you basically replay the same scenes over and over again with shallow, uninteresting dialogue. Hard Pass.
  10. C
    5.00 star(s)

C.H.Evalier

Great game!

The characters may not be everyone's bread but It's deffinitely enjoyable either way :) Good writing, great graphics, plenty of choices to make,...

The only downside for me are slow updates but the game itself is really good :)
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Hogetara

One of my favorite games on the site. The first time i played, i actually don't like the characters faces and bodys but after a while playing i really start liking it. The two daughters are amazing, one more innocent and happy, and the old rebel one ( my favorite btw). can't wait to see the future updates.

Renders: 10/10
    History: 10/10 at lest for me
    Gameplay: 8/10 if there were more consequences on your choices probably a 10

The game models for sure it's not for everyone, but give a try and support the devs if you have some money to spend.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

krawler90

If anyone dares to touch what you do... Because it's so good! NaughtyRoad you should be very proud of yourself, that few evenings i've spent with your game and girls i will never forget.

Keep it up my dear! Finally some excellent writed and modelled characters, not some freaking boring unnaturally F breasted something, that 99% of games is bombarding us with.

I just love those girls as much as a man can love visual novel girls! Can't wait for next update.

Thank god i've came here by pure accident.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

EmpressVII

THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS

First off i have to say, the starting warning scared me a bit, while I understand the story of this game being far more important than just a usual "go here, do this, fuck that" type of game.

Your warning put a slight fear in me that I wasn't going to not only no have any "content" but i was going to be bogged down with a literal novel of info like i'm playing some browser based HTML game.

Well, you got me to pay attention and holy hell was every second worth it.

I'm not sure what parts really hooked me, but something about how loving this family can be and are really got me.

So lets breakdown some of my favorite bits.

I really enjoyed a change up from the usual white family, even though it doesn't come up or magically change anything in a BIG way it's a nice break from the norm.

I usually name characters in games off of mythology pantheons, so getting to use the Hindu deities as names made above point resonate even bigger.

The oldest daughter's dream revealing her last words to her mother really bring her character fully into view, i enjoy that even early she had such an attachment to her father that made her constantly at ends with her mom.

The youngest daughter's anxiety mirrored a lot of my early years, I am curious to see where the rest of the story goes with her.

Off of this, the museum trip is one of my favorites, foreshadowing some events for our characters but also a neat little twist on the girls in the painting mirroring our own; just flipped.

Where we think the oldest is running the show it turns out the youngest in her own way is pushing the boundaries.

Big spoiler

I liked that seeing that earlier convo with Brooke, something that even with the two options ; I didn't think would really mean ANYTHING actually turned into a huge story pointer when you find out the man you fired was the cause of your wife's death.

I can't wait for more, I need to see where the story goes and branches out to!

P.S: I need more scene's with Macy(?) and what happened when we were drunk at the cabin on the final night!!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

kelvinll

Great game, I really liked the graphics, even though it was a little different. There are some very small details that need to improve perhaps a freedom so that the father can walk around the house watching over his daughters. Listening to what they talk about. 5 stars for the quality created!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

GtVtOda

Honestly I put off playing this game for a year due to the art style. I decided to pick it up during a lull in releases and my god I was blown away.

So much more than just another lewd game on F95. The writing and story is honestly top notch, comparable to established media. It really gets to you and throughout my play I actually found myself seeking progression not for the lewd scenes but for the story.

I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a good story, in addition to the lewd scenes.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

sunaboz

Most overrated game I know, with fugly characters, ridiculous scenes and atrocious writing. What might be the funniest thing - this game has fried my graphics card on Win 7 and to this moment it doesn't want to launch, to play it I need to use Lubuntu and Wine and then I have no problems.

Pros:
    - Some sex scenes (which are few) are nice and bodies of the characters are nice too but most chicks here have so fugly faces that it's a huge turn off.

Cons:
    - Characters are fugly.
    - Writing is atrocious and ridiculous, something taken out of the worst Harlequin novels and cheesy dialogues.
    - There is quite a lot of grinding and repetition and day after day we're repeating the same scene with some subtle differences and very, very slow progress.
    -Even in the current (v0.6.1 state) there is little content here and too much teasing
    - There is no replayability here, you can pick the options randomly and it won't matter much

All in all I rate it 4/10, a waste of time.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Novelly

Really original and good looking character models. Well writen story and characters. Good balance between adults scenes and story elements. Its great in every aspect .
    One of the best adult VN games I've played so far.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Thr3L

love the visual, love the characters personalities and interactions between them to me that's the best kind of plot for an erotic game, focus on character make them feel real and create a connection with the player
  19. 5.00 star(s)

alxluv

This game has very funny dialogue at points, along with serious tones when it needs to be. It has great visuals and the character models are not dead behind the eyes. I look forward to future updates. As of this point, the story is so good and there is no need for any mods. Cheers to the creator.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

jan.spam

easy one of the TOP 3 VN games I have ever played. Brilliant story, deep characters, great renders, nice soundtrack, full immersion. The kind of VN I would play even if there were no pussy at the end of the rainbow. wow.

Having said that, this game is not for everyone:

- slow burn for the main 2 characters, so if you want lewd content immediately, you will be disappointed. The side-characters however are easy lay, and make up most of the naughty content so far to keep you entertain in that regard.
    - The girls are no 3D artificial supermodels, but rendered with reality in mind. For me that is a plus, but some of you may think differently.
    - The game lets you set your relationship ties with the 2 main girls to avoid problems with Patreon & Co, but truthfully, the fantastic backstory only really makes sense in an incest setting (at least to level "step-daughter"). "Landlord" and "tenant" won't really work. I do not have an incest kink, but it did not bother me.

If these points don't bother you, go play the game, you are in for a real treat!