• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Lilith Rising (Tainted) [v1.0.3ns] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.3)
1689305646010.png 1689305700145.png
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, got caught back up with the Dev. Had to start over again, I somehow missed the one they changed names of this game, and the old saves didn't work, but kinda sped through the first chapter, since I've seen it before, and played the other two chapters tonight, and no problems from the mod. Helped with letting me know what order to click on these hotspots. Thank you so very much for this!!!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, got caught back up with the Dev. Had to start over again, I somehow missed the one they changed names of this game, and the old saves didn't work, but kinda sped through the first chapter, since I've seen it before, and played the other two chapters tonight, and no problems from the mod. Helped with letting me know what order to click on these hotspots. Thank you so very much for this!!!
Indeed. The VN was bumped to using RenPy v8 which is the largest reason requiring replay. The others are that all the scene, label, and variable names were changed. So, that's why the replay was required.

Otherwise as far as "guides" go, the only benefit SM had was during "free roams" since there's really only one stat variable to date to track. Oddly the dev made a permanent On guide for those free roams which perplexed me but I left them there regardless. I've never seen a VN leave a guide fixed On that told you what to do during a "free roam" event... kinda defeats the purpose of having them in the first place, might as well make the entire event kinetic.

Those are debatable topics though, I just do what I can with how I view the overall structure of a VN. So, SM is basically a UI enhancer with a nifty gallery for this VN in its current state.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

IPsycho

Oct 16, 2018
Hi, am having a problem with the Mod, if I install Lilith without the Mod the game runs normal, if I then add the Mod I get no visuals, just sound, anyone know why? I installed the Mod in the Games folder, right or wrong?

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Hi, am having a problem with the Mod, if I install Lilith without the Mod the game runs normal, if I then add the Mod I get no visuals, just sound, anyone know why? I installed the Mod in the Games folder, right or wrong?
Yes, the Folder SanchoMod and the Files scripts.rpa, SanchoMod.rpa, archive.rpa goes into the Game Folder from Lilith Rising.

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Indeed. The VN was bumped to using RenPy v8 which is the largest reason requiring replay. The others are that all the scene, label, and variable names were changed. So, that's why the replay was required.

Otherwise as far as "guides" go, the only benefit SM had was during "free roams" since there's really only one stat variable to date to track. Oddly the dev made a permanent On guide for those free roams which perplexed me but I left them there regardless. I've never seen a VN leave a guide fixed On that told you what to do during a "free roam" event... kinda defeats the purpose of having them in the first place, might as well make the entire event kinetic.

Those are debatable topics though, I just do what I can with how I view the overall structure of a VN. So, SM is basically a UI enhancer with a nifty gallery for this VN in its current state.
The scene at he balcony was redone, and the sex scenes were added animations, so I'd recommend replaying these parts at the least.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The scene at he balcony was redone, and the sex scenes were added animations, so I'd recommend replaying these parts at the least.
Folks will have to anyway. There's almost zero chance of RenPy to find a proper landing using an old save since those file markers no longer exist (since the RPYCs are now new) and the rollback feature won't work as the label names have changed. Basically meaning folks will be replaying those parts anyway. Just know in the future to change the master directory (renpy config directory folder for AppData in Win) to a new name so there's little chance that anyone would be attempting to load an old save regardless. If this is done they'd have to physically copy an old save file over to attempt to load it, which most users won't do.

Again, I only write this for context. I hope your steam rollout goes well. Fixing the few bugs and changing the config directory folder before you push live to steam should minimize your tech support resources for the initial release... assuming you have the achievement code setup proper. I didn't see any of that in the current release.

Reactions: getink

Joubei

Lilith Rising
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2021
Folks will have to anyway. There's almost zero chance of RenPy to find a proper landing using an old save since those file markers no longer exist (since the RPYCs are now new) and the rollback feature won't work as the label names have changed. Basically meaning folks will be replaying those parts anyway. Just know in the future to change the master directory (renpy config directory folder for AppData in Win) to a new name so there's little chance that anyone would be attempting to load an old save regardless. If this is done they'd have to physically copy an old save file over to attempt to load it, which most users won't do.

Again, I only write this for context. I hope your steam rollout goes well. Fixing the few bugs and changing the config directory folder before you push live to steam should minimize your tech support resources for the initial release... assuming you have the achievement code setup proper. I didn't see any of that in the current release.
I thought to connect the achevements to the journal entries for each of the completed missions,
and then to each of the completed episodes etc.
Then if needed to add to end of scenes where you meet the LIs etc etc.

Is there something else I need to consider?

asheron96

May 11, 2020
A huge thanks to you Sancho1969 for all your dedication and work its truly appreciated as well as your answers to all our questions!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I thought to connect the achevements to the journal entries for each of the completed missions,
and then to each of the completed episodes etc.
Then if needed to add to end of scenes where you meet the LIs etc etc.

Is there something else I need to consider?
Where you place them is up to you, just consider that most folks expect cheevos to trigger periodically and not all at once in a summary (just note that). Otherwise, get your cheevo code base foundation sorted and test before getting cute with the built-in RenPy support for Steam. Insure you have a solid foundation will keep you from making major mistakes and having to sort them later. Steam playerbase will put up with a bit of growing pains but they'll turn on you fast if you don't have your shit together... they're just a more tech-savvy bunch by default (out of necessity).

If you haven't already done your homework then do so. RenPy docs have the steam functionality scattered all over the damn place. The fundamental achievements section can be found .

IPsycho

Oct 16, 2018
Yes, the Folder SanchoMod and the Files scripts.rpa, SanchoMod.rpa, archive.rpa goes into the Game Folder from Lilith Rising.
Did that and no visuals, just like before, there comes an error where there are missing video files, but the sound works as normal.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Did that and no visuals, just like before, there comes an error where there are missing video files, but the sound works as normal.
Hm, that is unfortunate.
Have you downloaded the game again?
Do you play on Windows/Mac or Android?
Copy the error message or provide some screenshots.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Need more info. What "here comes an error where there are missing video files"? The mod contains no video files, nor alters any. Attach your traceback (physically attach the file via 1689372083673.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Getting a traceback using the Sanchomod button once a new game is started.
Sancho menu does work in a new game by pressing the "o" button, just not the manual

Steps: Start new game, go back to menu hit Sanchomod button, causes traceback. Tried both download servers Mega and Workupload, same results.

I cannot replicate the issue. The MiniMenu doesn't have an associated hotkey, "o" brings up SanchoOptions during a new playthrough as expected. The traceback you linked to is code for the large stat screen which has no hotkey associated to it either.

FWIW, it never matters which host to DL from, they are always the same file (unless one is ever corrupt in which nothing would work at all).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.3.1)
1689437693897.png 1689437712935.png
Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote