Aileh200

Nov 7, 2020
does anybody have the slightest clue about how "genetics" (determining the race your child will have) work in this game? i mean, getting pregnant is determined by the fertility and virility, but do those also determine the ratio for the childrens race?
Cuz i expected a 50-50 chance of the kid being the race of the mother or of the father, but whichever character i play, i constantly just get 100s of children of my race or a slight offshoot (at least if my futa character is the "father", havent tried it with a female character and lots of different fathers yet.
I'd appreciate a bit more variety in what kinds of children i have.
I play as female have my children 50% my race and 50% the race of the father, but it's mostly 70-30 since most of my children are of my race. I play as a catgirl
I'm a girl and all the kids I have are the race of the father, always.
Depends on what race you play on? If you're playing as a human, it's almost always the race of the other parent, except that if the other parent is demon, then you'll always have human half-demons. If you're half-demon or you have sex with one, it's almost always imps, except if you do it with someone who also has demon blood. This is a screenshot of how breeding works from a book at the library. Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
does anybody have the slightest clue about how "genetics" (determining the race your child will have) work in this game? i mean, getting pregnant is determined by the fertility and virility, but do those also determine the ratio for the childrens race?
Cuz i expected a 50-50 chance of the kid being the race of the mother or of the father, but whichever character i play, i constantly just get 100s of children of my race or a slight offshoot (at least if my futa character is the "father", havent tried it with a female character and lots of different fathers yet.
I'd appreciate a bit more variety in what kinds of children i have.
I'm going to leave aside demonic pairings as human/anthro pairings are probably far more common. This is how the game determines offspring traits based on what I'm gleaning from the current source code. Feel free to correct me if I've made any mistakes. This is going to be a loooooong post, so apologies in advance for that.

When offspring are generated, their starting gender is determined using the distribution that the player can configure in the preferences screen (and it appears that this can be weighted in the race definition as well). After that is done, the body is generated.

The game first checks to see if the father and mother are humans. If one partner is anthro and the other is human, the anthro's body type is chosen. If both are anthros, the odds are 50/50 between the father and mother. If both are humans, the father's body type will always be selected (this may sound like a moot point, but it does matter later…and I believe it's most likely a bug. Spoiler tagged at the bottom of this post for those interested).

Next, the race stage is impacted. This essentially determines how "pure" the anthro race is. There are five stages available: human, partial, minor (a.k.a. PARTIAL_FULL), lesser, and greater. This trait impacts how furry the anthro is, with greater being dangerously furry and partial essentially being kemonomimi, with the other stages being something between the two. There is a 1/3 chance that the stage will be preserved, a 1/3 chance that it will be reduced once, and a 1/3 chance that it will be reduced by two stages. If the race stage is "minor," there is a 2/3 chance that it will be dropped to "partial."

The bodily traits are taken from the parent that is closest to the child's target femininity value (yes, if the father is more feminine than the mother, highly feminine offspring will be more likely to take after the father). I'm going to refer to this parent as the "dominant genetic partner." Immediately after this check, the partner that the child takes after immediately inherits the taur trait if it's available for that body type. The colors of the offspring's anus, nipples, mouth, and tongue are also inherited from the dominant genetic partner.

Some of the child's traits from this point out have a 75% chance of being more heavily influenced by the dominant genetic partner (which I'll call the "75/25 rule"). The game doesn't attempt to simulate recessive traits, so the iris, pupil, and sclera pattern, color, and glow flag will always match that of either the father or the mother.

A few of these traits, mostly dealing with lengths and girths, do have some wiggle room. Body size and muscle mass set a minimum and maximum values to that of the mother and father, ±5. For example, if the mother's muscle value is 70 and the father's is 55, the child's muscle is capped to anything between 50-75. Using the 75/25 rule to determine the inherited gene, the value of the base species matching the child's femininity is retrieved and that value ±30 is used as a basis for a random number. If the child is feminine and the feminine muscle size is set to 50, the result can be a value between 20-80. The value is then capped to the parental minimum and maximum, so if the RNG rolled 80, in our above example it would be clamped to 75.

The other size-based traits work a bit differently, and it's worth noting that the 75/25 rule is not used for any of these checks. Those take the base value assigned to the child's body type (as inherited from the dominant genetic partner five paragraphs above) and apply a variance to that value based on the dominant genetic partner's equipment using the following formula:

base = round(base + (parentSize - base) * 0.1)

If the value of the DGP's part is 0 (such as when penis size is inherited from a parent who doesn't have a penis) the base value is used as-is without modification. If, for whatever reason, the child is set to inherit traits from both parents (as far as I can tell this is impossible) the parentSize will be the value from both parents and averaged.

The remainder of the traits—breast count, rows, oral modifiers, and all that fun stuff—work a bit different. Each of them has a certain percentage chance that they will be inherited directly from the race's default values. If this check fails, the value is inherited directly from one of the parents using the 75/25 rule. This allows, say, two foxes with tentacle penises to have a child with a normal fox cock. It's also worth noting that each of the modifiers will be considered individually, so it's possible that the aforementioned foxes have both tentacled and flared members, it's possible that the child may only inherit flared. Additionally, this system will never remove traits, so even if both of the vulpine lovers removed their knotted trait, the child will always have it.

Finally, it doesn't appear as though cum, girlcum, and milk properties (flavor, hallucinogenic, etc) are passed onto the child.

tl;dr there probably isn't as much variety with the genetics system as you probably hoped for, but the more different the mother and father are the more interesting the results can be.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

W4RL0RD

Jul 7, 2017
I'm going to leave aside demonic pairings as human/anthro pairings are probably far more common. This is how the game determines offspring traits based on what I'm gleaning from the current source code. Feel free to correct me if I've made any mistakes. This is going to be a loooooong post, so apologies in advance for that.

When offspring are generated, their starting gender is determined using the distribution that the player can configure in the preferences screen (and it appears that this can be weighted in the race definition as well). After that is done, the body is generated.

The game first checks to see if the father and mother are humans. If one partner is anthro and the other is human, the anthro's body type is chosen. If both are anthros, the odds are 50/50 between the father and mother. If both are humans, the father's body type will always be selected (this may sound like a moot point, but it does matter later…and I believe it's most likely a bug. Spoiler tagged at the bottom of this post for those interested).

Next, the race stage is impacted. This essentially determines how "pure" the anthro race is. There are five stages available: human, partial, minor (a.k.a. PARTIAL_FULL), lesser, and greater. This trait impacts how furry the anthro is, with greater being dangerously furry and partial essentially being kemonomimi, with the other stages being something between the two. There is a 1/3 chance that the stage will be preserved, a 1/3 chance that it will be reduced once, and a 1/3 chance that it will be reduced by two stages. If the race stage is "minor," there is a 2/3 chance that it will be dropped to "partial."

The bodily traits are taken from the parent that is closest to the child's target femininity value (yes, if the father is more feminine than the mother, highly feminine offspring will be more likely to take after the father). I'm going to refer to this parent as the "dominant genetic partner." Immediately after this check, the partner that the child takes after immediately inherits the taur trait if it's available for that body type. The colors of the offspring's anus, nipples, mouth, and tongue are also inherited from the dominant genetic partner.

Some of the child's traits from this point out have a 75% chance of being more heavily influenced by the dominant genetic partner (which I'll call the "75/25 rule"). The game doesn't attempt to simulate recessive traits, so the iris, pupil, and sclera pattern, color, and glow flag will always match that of either the father or the mother.

A few of these traits, mostly dealing with lengths and girths, do have some wiggle room. Body size and muscle mass set a minimum and maximum values to that of the mother and father, ±5. For example, if the mother's muscle value is 70 and the father's is 55, the child's muscle is capped to anything between 50-75. Using the 75/25 rule to determine the inherited gene, the value of the base species matching the child's femininity is retrieved and that value ±30 is used as a basis for a random number. If the child is feminine and the feminine muscle size is set to 50, the result can be a value between 20-80. The value is then capped to the parental minimum and maximum, so if the RNG rolled 80, in our above example it would be clamped to 75.

The other size-based traits work a bit differently, and it's worth noting that the 75/25 rule is not used for any of these checks. Those take the base value assigned to the child's body type (as inherited from the dominant genetic partner five paragraphs above) and apply a variance to that value based on the dominant genetic partner's equipment using the following formula:

If the value of the DGP's part is 0 (such as when penis size is inherited from a parent who doesn't have a penis) the base value is used as-is without modification. If, for whatever reason, the child is set to inherit traits from both parents (as far as I can tell this is impossible) the parentSize will be the value from both parents and averaged.

The remainder of the traits—breast count, rows, oral modifiers, and all that fun stuff—work a bit different. Each of them has a certain percentage chance that they will be inherited directly from the race's default values. If this check fails, the value is inherited directly from one of the parents using the 75/25 rule. This allows, say, two foxes with tentacle penises to have a child with a normal fox cock. It's also worth noting that each of the modifiers will be considered individually, so it's possible that the aforementioned foxes have both tentacled and flared members, it's possible that the child may only inherit flared. Additionally, this system will never remove traits, so even if both of the vulpine lovers removed their knotted trait, the child will always have it.

Finally, it doesn't appear as though cum, girlcum, and milk properties (flavor, hallucinogenic, etc) are passed onto the child.

tl;dr there probably isn't as much variety with the genetics system as you probably hoped for, but the more different the mother and father are the more interesting the results can be.

Wow, thanks for all that detailed info. this was actually pretty informative to read.
I mean, im not that disappointed if children can actually inherit the race from the mother sometimes; tho im unsure why its not working as intended for me then. i think it might be a corruption issue maybe? like, the game already registers me as a demon or smth.?

Yeah, i had a look in my saves, and apparently all my futa charas register as half demons for some reason, not sure why.
I mean, with one of them i did the demon transformation with lyssieth, but why are the others half demons? my kids are always half demons... but im really not sure how. yeh, i cheated on them obviously, cuz i just play for fun with the chara i want the way i want it to look like... but i did never select any option to just turn into a (half-)demon anywhere.
Are youkos always dominant in race inheritance too? cuz if not i might try a youko run some time i guess, so that i cant just accidentally demonify myself again, and thus always have the same demon kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anita Deek

anon707

Jun 13, 2018

What the hell... someone needs to make a graph for this. o_O

Pentha

Apr 5, 2020
Wow, thanks for all that detailed info. this was actually pretty informative to read.
I mean, im not that disappointed if children can actually inherit the race from the mother sometimes; tho im unsure why its not working as intended for me then. i think it might be a corruption issue maybe? like, the game already registers me as a demon or smth.?

Yeah, i had a look in my saves, and apparently all my futa charas register as half demons for some reason, not sure why.
I mean, with one of them i did the demon transformation with lyssieth, but why are the others half demons? my kids are always half demons... but im really not sure how. yeh, i cheated on them obviously, cuz i just play for fun with the chara i want the way i want it to look like... but i did never select any option to just turn into a (half-)demon anywhere.
Are youkos always dominant in race inheritance too? cuz if not i might try a youko run some time i guess, so that i cant just accidentally demonify myself again, and thus always have the same demon kids.
as a full demon my children are sometimes demons or demon anthro morphs, does not matter if i am the father or mother

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I mean, with one of them i did the demon transformation with lyssieth, but why are the others half demons? my kids are always half demons...
That's weird. I wonder if there was a bug at some point that caused the demonic status to persist between characters.

I did find the code to check the offspring's demonic status and the game does adhere strictly to the chart in the library. The only thing left to chance is the subspecies if both the mother and father are non-human half-demons, in which case the offspring's subspecies will be randomly selected between the two.

That does lead to something that I missed, however: there is a separate function for generating half-demon bodies. Here's how that one works:

The starting gender distribution is 50/50, with a split between a feminine character with a vagina and breasts and a masculine character with a penis. The player's preferences are used to determine the subspecies' race stage from the player's furry preferences, specifically the feminine preference (the masculine preference does not appear to be taken into account. Another bug, perhaps?). The core body type is set to demon, as expected.

Since demons are still considered a non-human species, at this point the game forces the race stage to be at least "lesser," as the parts that aren't covered by furry bits will always be demonic. From that point, the child's body is prepopulated with all of the default values from the appropriate demonic body type.

At this point, the pregenerated body is used to seed the other generate body function, so many of the measurements and specific traits will be modified and/or appended to. The most important aspect here is that in demonic and human/anthro pairings, the demon's subspecies will always win the genetic lottery, though the specific traits are influenced by both parties.

It's a really weird system, and I think there might be some issues with it. Like, judging from the code, it kind of appears like if the mother is a demon, Lilin, or Elder Lilin and the father is a human, the father's subspecies is the one that gets passed on, yet if the mother is a half-demon and the father is a human the mother's is passed on. I'm going to have to play around with that later just to make sure I'm not misreading or misunderstanding something.

What the hell... someone needs to make a graph for this. o_O
Don't tempt me. ;)

Reactions: Apostate

W4RL0RD

Jul 7, 2017
That's weird. I wonder if there was a bug at some point that caused the demonic status to persist between characters.

I did find the code to check the offspring's demonic status and the game does adhere strictly to the chart in the library. The only thing left to chance is the subspecies if both the mother and father are non-human half-demons, in which case the offspring's subspecies will be randomly selected between the two.

That does lead to something that I missed, however: there is a separate function for generating half-demon bodies. Here's how that one works:

The starting gender distribution is 50/50, with a split between a feminine character with a vagina and breasts and a masculine character with a penis. The player's preferences are used to determine the subspecies' race stage from the player's furry preferences, specifically the feminine preference (the masculine preference does not appear to be taken into account. Another bug, perhaps?). The core body type is set to demon, as expected.

Since demons are still considered a non-human species, at this point the game forces the race stage to be at least "lesser," as the parts that aren't covered by furry bits will always be demonic. From that point, the child's body is prepopulated with all of the default values from the appropriate demonic body type.

At this point, the pregenerated body is used to seed the other generate body function, so many of the measurements and specific traits will be modified and/or appended to. The most important aspect here is that in demonic and human/anthro pairings, the demon's subspecies will always win the genetic lottery, though the specific traits are influenced by both parties.

It's a really weird system, and I think there might be some issues with it. Like, judging from the code, it kind of appears like if the mother is a demon, Lilin, or Elder Lilin and the father is a human, the father's subspecies is the one that gets passed on, yet if the mother is a half-demon and the father is a human the mother's is passed on. I'm going to have to play around with that later just to make sure I'm not misreading or misunderstanding something.

Don't tempt me. ;)
i mean, i really dont care if i register as a demon or half-demon or just anthro or smth., its just a bummer and a bit of an issue for me when all my children are always exactly the same race.
Like, my wolf-girl futa always just fathers vargr, my centaur always demonic-horse-morphs, etc.; which is apparently because im a half demon when i never even signed up to be one lol.
would be cool to bang a centaur mother with her/your daughter who is also a centaur or smth., but obviously i cant cuz my kids are never any different race from mine.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
i mean, i really dont care if i register as a demon or half-demon or just anthro or smth., its just a bummer and a bit of an issue for me when all my children are always exactly the same race.
Like, my wolf-girl futa always just fathers vargr, my centaur always demonic-horse-morphs, etc.; which is apparently because im a half demon when i never even signed up to be one lol.
would be cool to bang a centaur mother with her/your daughter who is also a centaur or smth., but obviously i cant cuz my kids are never any different race from mine.
That sounds a bit weird, true. Mind sharing a save or at least a screen of your race summary (when you hover over your race icon in the top left)?

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Seems really odd since there's currently no way - without using the debug menu - for the MC to become a half-demon.

W4RL0RD

Jul 7, 2017
Seems really odd since there's currently no way - without using the debug menu - for the MC to become a half-demon.
not really odd per say, since i DID use cheats on these characters, tbh. i just wanna mess around with different characters and stuff, i dont actually wanna grind out everything.
Tho i didnt actually use the option to turn myself into a half demon, so not sure why it happened, mustve activated something somewhere that just triggers it to happen in conjunction.

However the actual problem as i mentioned is that my kids just are always the same race. and i mean, EXACTLY the same.
whether im a half demon or demon or w/e isnt really that important to me, but when my futa wolf girl "father" spawns only vargr, then its an issue for me, cuz im assuming what should actually happen is that, say, i make a kid with a horse girl, it should either be a horse halfdemon or a wolf halfdemon (always a half demon obviously, cuz of the race distribution table)
but what happens in my case is that they just always spawn as a wolf half demon, which is just confusing to me.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
not really odd per say, since i DID use cheats on these characters, tbh. i just wanna mess around with different characters and stuff, i dont actually wanna grind out everything.
Tho i didnt actually use the option to turn myself into a half demon, so not sure why it happened, mustve activated something somewhere that just triggers it to happen in conjunction.

However the actual problem as i mentioned is that my kids just are always the same race. and i mean, EXACTLY the same.
whether im a half demon or demon or w/e isnt really that important to me, but when my futa wolf girl "father" spawns only vargr, then its an issue for me, cuz im assuming what should actually happen is that, say, i make a kid with a horse girl, it should either be a horse halfdemon or a wolf halfdemon (always a half demon obviously, cuz of the race distribution table)
but what happens in my case is that they just always spawn as a wolf half demon, which is just confusing to me.
Hmm, if you used the debug tf's, I suspect you picked a random demon part at some point and tripped a related flag (the game has to remember if you were one in case you fully conceal it later).
Probably not much to be done about the vargr issue unless someone finds a similar situation on a clean save.

Sasquatch421

Nov 10, 2017
Ugh... Why did the game I now eagerly want to see updated become one of THOSE games... The one where the update wait never ends... yes it goes on and on my friends...
Some people start waiting for it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue waiting forever just because... This is the one where the update wa...

• Haha
Reactions: Asia Argento
4.10 star(s) 118 Votes