SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
You can tell what the latest news is based on the flavor of complaining in this thread. If people are complaining that nothing substantial has been added, the update just dropped. If people are complaining about Inno's work ethic, it's been delayed again. If people are complaining about radio silence, there hasn't been any news for a while. If nobody's complaining, there hasn't been any news for so long that everyone's gone catatonic.

Last edited:

jamasty

Mar 15, 2021
She seems content on just blaming Java itself, rather than blaming her lack of Java understanding. There is a reason Java is used in high end projects like Chemistry software, it's really good at managing data.
Honestly, the very first thing I don't get about her architecture is why it even uses nested Javascript, I mean the whole Webview thing.
I'm trying to make my own prototype of the game in this genre, and after experimenting with JavaFX I understood that this approach of JavaFX Webview by mixing Java and HTML/Javascript is weird imo. Like, if you wanna use html/js stack as they do, then do everything in js/ts, maybe with any suitable framework, and deploy either directly in the browser or as an app with Electron.
Otherwise, there are a couple of libraries for Java for game development. For example, there's FXGL, a superset of JavaFX designed to make games. Or the one I use, LibGDX, which I think is so good compared to plain Java/JavaFX as it has many community libraries, like a couple of ECS libraries, and cool libs for text formatting.

Don't get me wrong, they can choose whatever architecture design they wish, it's totally up to them, but when I simply tried to run a debugger to see how the game works, I was a little confused, and then after I saw that most classes thousands of lines, and some are 10k+, like GameCharacter a 30k, I got even more confused - how do they even navigate over all of that... maintaining such code base is probably uneasy thing to do ngl.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes