Lucinferi

Dec 3, 2020
Monday 24 June 2024

I didn't manage to get as much done this week as I should have, and so it's going to be a little bit longer before I have the next update ready. I'm sorry that this is turning into quite a delayed release (again...) but I'll do my very best to get it finished as soon as I can. Thanks for being so patient, and I'll really do my best to get it released asap!

what else is new here?

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
I mean, the companions were a feature with great potential, but if I remember what people said about it... it was also a ticking timebomb in terms of coding?
Major reworks were needed for a number of systems.

NPCs didn't do very well in mixed control scenarios for sex and companions made it worse, after the sex rework NPCs were a bit better in terms of trying for more varied acts but companions were even worse often choosing to quit or do nothing.

Combat encounters were really only balanced for solo player, bringing a companion often resulted in just getting a free turn while companion acted as a meat shield, after the rework companions were worse again being either a second god tier combatent or completely ineffective.

Reactions: Vodka6329

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Combat encounters were really only balanced for solo player, bringing a companion often resulted in just getting a free turn while companion acted as a meat shield, after the rework companions were worse again being either a second god tier combatent or completely ineffective.
I mean... all of that is true, but disabling companions didn't solve any of that, since you can just use elementals, who break the combat system in exactly the same ways.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Major reworks were needed for a number of systems.

NPCs didn't do very well in mixed control scenarios for sex and companions made it worse, after the sex rework NPCs were a bit better in terms of trying for more varied acts but companions were even worse often choosing to quit or do nothing.

Well, that's because special NPC's had to be "super special". There is no reason why character X would work , but character Y would not if they use the same underlying system. They are effectively interchangable.
Companions were problematic for different reasons - IF you wanted to include them in every special scenario, you had to account for them. However that was never necessary. They don't have to take part in every scenario.

Also, balancing around them I guess, but that's isn't a real reason, it's an excuse. Of course companions effectivenes will depend on the level and build - like in EVERY RPG EVER MADE. LT isn't special in that regard. Again, other games find ways to deal with it. And who said balance had to be perfect anyway? Good enough is good enough.

And why wouldn't you have a companion? Going alone is just DUMB. Brinign your favorite slave, lover or daughterfu along sounds great.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
Also, fair enough to the people who say Inno isn't as bad as that crazy mother fucker who can't take even a ouch of constructive criticism. I don't even know how someone like him even exists.

jonj4769

Jul 27, 2018
God I wish this would get an apk release or something... I've looked into installing it on a Steam Deck via their discord but a Linuxbro I am not.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
God I wish this would get an apk release or something... I've looked into installing it on a Steam Deck via their discord but a Linuxbro I am not.
Good luck with an apk version. It's so poorly optimized that it causes PCs to stall. It would cause your average android phone to melt.

jonj4769

Jul 27, 2018
Good luck with an apk version. It's so poorly optimized that it causes PCs to stall. It would cause your average android phone to melt.
Eh, I need an excuse for a new phone anyway... ;^)
I can only imagine the loading times on Android though, yeah... it's why I started looking into the Steam Deck briefly.

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
Eh, I need an excuse for a new phone anyway... ;^)
I can only imagine the loading times on Android though, yeah... it's why I started looking into the Steam Deck briefly.
It doesn't matter how much phone hardware you throw at this game. The game is simply poorly optimized. I have a 5600X at 4.5GHz and 64GB of DDR4-3200 running on an NVME SSD and even it struggles because the problem is not one that can be solved by better hardware.

Reactions: B2B2
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes