Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
That's another issue COC II has a whole. It's basically a VN with little, if any variation lol
I doubt their going to add any more real choice anyway since the dev's are doubling down on the belief it isn't a game, but if that's the case, why even make it in the first place as such.

Can we really even consider COT a real game? It's so barebones there's hardly any content aside from the randomly generated students and the professors you can fuck. It's like LT when it first came out, but with only humans lol
I enjoy COT's questlines a lot more than LT. they fit in well and very naturally with its setting and gives the player a lot more agency in how it plays out.

in LT I feel like an errand boy, in COT I feel like I'm interacting with other people on campus. it's two distinctly different styles (you're playing an RPG in LT, a lifesim in COT), but my personal preference is questing/interacting with the world in COT. goes a long way to giving the game personality and even makes the generic sex mechanics more fun

it's also a lot less barebones than you're stating. maybe you haven't revisited it in a while, but there are quite a few more dynamic events now

Reactions: B2B2

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
There's questline? i gave it a try and after like ~2 hours of just clicking on hyperlinks and not a single action happened i gave up
there are quite a few unique character/job quests. try exploring it again when you've got the time. the content definitely takes some time to trigger, but use the hints menu to guide you. much of the events start around the second-third week of classes. since it's so early in development, playing with cheats is the best way to access all that content earlier

Reactions: aspar4gus

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
I enjoy COT's questlines a lot more than LT. they fit in well and very naturally with its setting and gives the player a lot more agency in how it plays out.

in LT I feel like an errand boy, in COT I feel like I'm interacting with other people on campus. it's two distinctly different styles (you're playing an RPG in LT, a lifesim in COT), but my personal preference is questing/interacting with the world in COT. goes a long way to giving the game personality and even makes the generic sex mechanics more fun

it's also a lot less barebones than you're stating. maybe you haven't revisited it in a while, but there are quite a few more dynamic events now
If your referring to COT, I haven't touched it since 4.21 so I have no idea how much more content been added since than.

LT basically abandonware by this point, I doubt the atmosphere of you being a mere errand boy ever gonna change.

Reactions: Marlin Brandy

Deren

Feb 18, 2018
new to the game, some questions.

which areas are safe to store stuff in? i assume anything that has store instead of drop like lilaya's home is fair game?

second, is there no negatives to basically stealing whatever the person you beat up has? so i can just steal all their weapons and clothes?

third, is it intended i can basically rob the alleyway hobos at 4am with no resistance cuz theyre all sleeping??

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
new to the game, some questions.

which areas are safe to store stuff in? i assume anything that has store instead of drop like lilaya's home is fair game?

second, is there no negatives to basically stealing whatever the person you beat up has? so i can just steal all their weapons and clothes?

third, is it intended i can basically rob the alleyway hobos at 4am with no resistance cuz theyre all sleeping??
1. yes, i usually store books in the library, clothings in bedroom, consumables in the kitchen (but if i felt really lazy in a playthorugh i just dump them all in the bedroom)

2. nope, u can absolutely strip every single one of them completely with no consequences, if u're not RP-ing and wouldn't mind (gulp) micromanaging ur inventory

3. hmm not sure about sleeping since i never encountered them (i didn't play the newest version), my guess based on older v is that you encountered races that has bad nocturnal eyesight, or maybe during an arcane storm?

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Probably not. The fact can initiate encounters and hold conversations while asleep is serious oversight. (Un)fortunately the chance of Innoxia fixing this before
Ragnarök is slim unless someone else steps in.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes