SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Also also, Slime Queen Palace has a room which gives Biocannisters like every day or so, you can get like 10 biojuice stuff, and when black market vendor shows up it's practicallty guaranteed that she will sell you biojuice

Additionally mushroom forest tiles on the bat cavern pretty much only has slimes so you can get more biojuice there too.
I've never seen the items in that room respawn. I'm guessing that requires choosing to help the queen? That would make sense.

Ah, see, I didn't remember that! I know slimes in the Bat Caverns don't have the transformation dialogue (and don't progress the quest that requires a slime to try to transform you), so I assumed they wouldn't have canisters. But they do. The bioluminescent caves seem to be the best spot to farm money by selling dragon slaves, then, since they're a good source of both the slimes and the canisters that are required for that.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
Every Skyrim character ends up a stealth archer sooner or later, and every LT character ends up swinging a zweihander.
That statement is fundamentally wrong, in LT I eventually default to swinging one physical damage katana despite having the wakizashi with a different element FOR THE EXACT PURPOSE OF ANYTHING THAT HAS HIGH RESISTANCE TO PHYSICAL. Honestly, I forget I even have that thing half the time. Also, there's really no point to ranged weapons in LT, its like they were added as an afterthought. I mean, come on, 1 essence + 1 action to fire 1 shot that doesn't even tickle? Really? I could spend 1 action to throw 1 unarmed punch that could change a slime's sex 5 ways to Saturday AND end up gaining essence. Remind me again why ballistics and chemicals aren't a thing here? Oh, right, *~*~*~*~MAGIC!*~*~*~*~

Reactions: LucyLuSwitch

lolz008

Dec 13, 2019
This is slightly off topic to this game, but I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion is on this.

I like both this game and Trials in Tainted Space (and CoC, but I'll exclude it for the sake of brevity). However, I can't help but feel that TiTS has more engaging and varied content. I do tend to prefer combat in this game though, at least in the early game (or if I choose not to abuse broken strategies), and some other gameplay elements as well, but I want to keep the question strictly focused on the way content is worked into the games.

Whenever I play this game I play it for maybe a couple of weeks, but never really interact with anything in the game outside of the intro stuff and the (relatively few) unique encounters, because everything resolves to basically the same set of interactions with few variations between all encounters (sex encounter A is virtually indistinguishable from sex encounter B, baring some flavor text for body part types). There's just so little variety between the scenes for each character that I grow bored. Even in the "unique" encounters, the encounter uses the same menu, and mostly the same text with the same variations for every action. There's depth and relatively well-written content up to a point, but the payoff is then a generic sexual encounter that is shared between every other entity in the game. It just feels like a letdown to me. It even gets to the point where I just "quick sex" everything just to read the actual unique bits - the build-up - which is not something that should happen in a sex game! Nyan's quest line is a decent example of this issue. Lots of build up, decent conversations, dates, etc., but the instant anything sexual happens it resolves to virtually the same exact sexual encounter as every other sexual encounter in the game with a few unique lines of dialogue that don't really add anything. How boring!

TiTS on the other hand has exclusively unique scenes, which comes at the cost of "less" content, since everything is basically either one and done, or is replayed with very slight, preset variations for flavor (body part variations). This means that every single character has entirely different scenes, but you never get interactions not purposefully designed by the developers (e.g., you'll never get some characters pregnant, or have a tit-job scene with another, etc.). This means that I avoid some characters entirely, since I can't change or influence their content, but that I get generally more entirely unique content that I do like. Very little feels generic across all events. I also think that this style of content yields much faster update times, since the devs don't have to redo the entire code base every single time they want to add more stuff, which is apparently a problem this game/dev has. Penny's quest line is a good example of content in this game. Entirely unique, shared by no other character, but once you've finished it you're basically repeating the same (although still unique) scenes. It's good, but not something you'll be able to repeat forever.

I personally prefer the latter, as I find it more entertaining to read the actual written stories and events, but I'm just wondering which people prefer more.

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
I personally prefer the latter, as I find it more entertaining to read the actual written stories and events, but I'm just wondering which people prefer more.
For me who has power fantasy & god complex when playing game, LT's sandbox & "paperdoll"(but in text) system is right up my alley.

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
This is slightly off topic to this game, but I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion is on this.

I like both this game and Trials in Tainted Space (and CoC, but I'll exclude it for the sake of brevity). However, I can't help but feel that TiTS has more engaging and varied content. I do tend to prefer combat in this game though, at least in the early game (or if I choose not to abuse broken strategies), and some other gameplay elements as well, but I want to keep the question strictly focused on the way content is worked into the games.

Whenever I play this game I play it for maybe a couple of weeks, but never really interact with anything in the game outside of the intro stuff and the (relatively few) unique encounters, because everything resolves to basically the same set of interactions with few variations between all encounters (sex encounter A is virtually indistinguishable from sex encounter B, baring some flavor text for body part types). There's just so little variety between the scenes for each character that I grow bored. Even in the "unique" encounters, the encounter uses the same menu, and mostly the same text with the same variations for every action. There's depth and relatively well-written content up to a point, but the payoff is then a generic sexual encounter that is shared between every other entity in the game. It just feels like a letdown to me. It even gets to the point where I just "quick sex" everything just to read the actual unique bits - the build-up - which is not something that should happen in a sex game! Nyan's quest line is a decent example of this issue. Lots of build up, decent conversations, dates, etc., but the instant anything sexual happens it resolves to virtually the same exact sexual encounter as every other sexual encounter in the game with a few unique lines of dialogue that don't really add anything. How boring!

TiTS on the other hand has exclusively unique scenes, which comes at the cost of "less" content, since everything is basically either one and done, or is replayed with very slight, preset variations for flavor (body part variations). This means that every single character has entirely different scenes, but you never get interactions not purposefully designed by the developers (e.g., you'll never get some characters pregnant, or have a tit-job scene with another, etc.). This means that I avoid some characters entirely, since I can't change or influence their content, but that I get generally more entirely unique content that I do like. Very little feels generic across all events. I also think that this style of content yields much faster update times, since the devs don't have to redo the entire code base every single time they want to add more stuff, which is apparently a problem this game/dev has. Penny's quest line is a good example of content in this game. Entirely unique, shared by no other character, but once you've finished it you're basically repeating the same (although still unique) scenes. It's good, but not something you'll be able to repeat forever.

a mix of the two is my preference. special and unique characters/events should get special and unique scenes, while the sex engine works well for mobs and generic sex. Course of Temptation does this relatively well, though much of the game is still mainly driven by the sex engine. I like the freeform aspect of that kind of sex scene every now and then cause it easily caters to different PCs/NPCs, without railroading your character to a preset number of determined ways you dick them up and down. It does get tedious after a while, but a quick sex mechanic is precisely there to fix that oftentimes. Another game that does it quite well, though it is painfully slow at updating as well, is Newlife (I'm beginning to think there's a conspiracy going on with animal named devs and milking patrons)

• Haha
Reactions: Susan Xandera

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020

To be frank, your basically fucked no matter what game you choose, whether it be LT or COCII/TITS. Both Developers equally suck ass, though having prior experience dealing with Tobs shit ass, your probably better off with LT since Inno to my knowledge, doesn't create salt mine content to piss you off intentionally. Tobs and those ass turds intentionally shit on their fans and will make content just to spite you, than there's the issue where sure, it's got a shit ton of characters(looking at you COCII) but 75% of them are abandoned with barely any content so really, pick your poison :/

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
--SNIP!--
After I read the scenes in CoC or TITS once or twice, I'm not motivated to read them again. Having zero variance in a scene during a game make want to put it down and read an erotica instead. At least I won't have to make a specific build and maintain it in order to get on a character's good side or having a character gone for the rest of a run due to RNG. Worst part of CoC by far.

a mix of the two is my preference. special and unique characters/events should get special and unique scenes, while the sex engine works well for mobs and generic sex. Course of Temptation does this relatively well, though much of the game is still mainly driven by the sex engine. I like the freeform aspect of that kind of sex scene every now and then cause it easily caters to different PCs/NPCs, without railroading your character to a preset number of determined ways you dick them up and down. It does get tedious after a while, but a quick sex mechanic is precisely there to fix that oftentimes. Another game that does it quite well, though it is painfully slow at updating as well, is Newlife (I'm beginning to think there's a conspiracy going on with animal named devs and milking patrons)
I second your premise, but in Course of Temptation is way too slow paced for me. Went the whole first week having to masturbate in order to keep my release down since everyone was more interested in yelling dead memes at me. Even when I got some guy to screw my ass, he came once at goddamn light speed and bailed before I was satisfied. Meanwhile in LT and TITS you can get lucky before the tutorial ends.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes