Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
Again, there are very good lore reasons for the parties in question to avoid the official enchant and your own slaves are outright telling you they're not doing the work you assigned them when you ask, so if there is control, it's rather tenuous.
In the end it boils down to the fact that slavery, and by extension the bad ends associated with it, are victims of Inno's habit of starting a system/story then abandoning it for something else when she gets bored of it/fed up with it.

Lady_Yvraine

Jul 7, 2020
After quickloading a bunch of time to trigger a patrol to spawn on a certain tile for roleplay reasons, an idea came to mind:
how difficult would it be to implement an item that would force/greatly increase the chances of an Enforcers patrol to spawn?
I do not know the first thing about coding, so I have only the faintest grasp on the challenge that it would pose, but looking back a few good pages, someone did make a pregnancy-deleting pill (I believe) rather quickly.
This item (a walkie-talkie? signal flare?) could be acquired at the armory at the end of the Enforcers storyline.

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
So bad news. My SSD died in the process of upgrading my computer and took with it pretty much everything. So progress was rolled back a bit.

The good news is I can talk more about what I was/am working on. I'm currently revamping the enchantment and (probably) equipment system to utilize rarities. Right now they're just arbitrarily placed with no meaning.

I haven't quite decided on how I would like this part implemented, but when creating a potion, you will have an X% chance to obtain the next level in rarity. This percent can be boosted up to a maximum threshold for each rarity. Rarities will actually have impact on items, and provide an additional statistical bonus for the item.

E.g., when crafting a potion of seduction, the rarity will start as common with a chance of upgrading to rare when you craft it. Once it's crafted, if you failed to increase the rarity, you can choose to spend more essences to reroll for an increase of up to, let's say 90% to achieve a rare potion of seduction. And you can repeat that process with lower chances of success up to legendary.

So what's all this for? Before my SSD died, I was in the middle of developing an alchemy workshop. The workshop generates an amount of quests each day. I'm probably going to add a new type of quest section called "job quests", but these will be another source of income outside of slavery. These quests will ask for varying levels of potions and/or items depending on the difficulty. As you complete more quests, the workshop's level will improve, and you'll be able to receive more difficult requests for more flames.

Anyway, that's all I had for now. Let me know what you think / ideas you have.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
After quickloading a bunch of time to trigger a patrol to spawn on a certain tile for roleplay reasons, an idea came to mind:
how difficult would it be to implement an item that would force/greatly increase the chances of an Enforcers patrol to spawn?
I do not know the first thing about coding, so I have only the faintest grasp on the challenge that it would pose, but looking back a few good pages, someone did make a pregnancy-deleting pill (I believe) rather quickly.
This item (a walkie-talkie? signal flare?) could be acquired at the armory at the end of the Enforcers storyline.
Mechanically, it should be about the same as the existing offspring map, just with a different target. That said, the offspring map did have issues for a while where it would freeze the game or worse until that was patched. The biggest issue here is that there is no real indicator of how many actual enforcer NPCs load into any one play through, at least not in game, and there may not actually be a limit, which means the load time for this new item to spawn an enforcer would be greater and possibly by a wide margin depending on how many can be spawned. I would have to take a look at the event code for it to see if there is such a limitation or if it is basically just set to spawn an infinite number of new enforcer NPCs that then get added to the list displayed once you get an encounter and are on those tiles. The number is the biggest factor in how long items like the offspring map take to work.

So bad news. My SSD died in the process of upgrading my computer and took with it pretty much everything. So progress was rolled back a bit.

The good news is I can talk more about what I was/am working on. I'm currently revamping the enchantment and (probably) equipment system to utilize rarities. Right now they're just arbitrarily placed with no meaning.

I haven't quite decided on how I would like this part implemented, but when creating a potion, you will have an X% chance to obtain the next level in rarity. This percent can be boosted up to a maximum threshold for each rarity. Rarities will actually have impact on items, and provide an additional statistical bonus for the item.

E.g., when crafting a potion of seduction, the rarity will start as common with a chance of upgrading to rare when you craft it. Once it's crafted, if you failed to increase the rarity, you can choose to spend more essences to reroll for an increase of up to, let's say 90% to achieve a rare potion of seduction. And you can repeat that process with lower chances of success up to legendary.

So what's all this for? Before my SSD died, I was in the middle of developing an alchemy workshop. The workshop generates an amount of quests each day. I'm probably going to add a new type of quest section called "job quests", but these will be another source of income outside of slavery. These quests will ask for varying levels of potions and/or items depending on the difficulty. As you complete more quests, the workshop's level will improve, and you'll be able to receive more difficult requests for more flames.

Anyway, that's all I had for now. Let me know what you think / ideas you have.
I'm sorry to hear that and hope it doesn't discourage you. As for what I think, it sounds like you're taking the Strive For Power: Conquest route. For context, the latest Maverck game, Strive For Power: Conquest, has a system like this where there are requests for items and slaves to be fulfilled with varying degrees of difficulty that raise or lower the item's or slave's necessary stats or even the difficulty of enemies if it is a kill quest. Similarly, your system might include quests with varying requirements and difficulties. I don't tend to look unfavorably on a system like this unless it is implemented in a way that allows higher tier quests with higher requirements to spawn early enough to be a potential issue, but it sounds like those will be locked behind workshop progression that will allow the player to build up to being able to meet those requirements. This would be the only concern I would have had if it was valid, but it appears not to be.

As for the part about the potions, you're right, all the rarity is right now is a light show while enchanting. This chance system will help to balance out the rarities as they are only contingent on having certain stats or a certain number of enchantments. You can literally get a gold level item by just sticking 25 major boost enchantments on it, but this will let each rarity live up to the expectation that comes with it even if only partially. Items should be rarer at higher rarities, that's why the system is called rarity, and it shouldn't be as easy as it is to pump an item all the way up.

Last edited:

organord

Jun 10, 2020
I'm curious, does your mod intend to overhaul/rebalance the economy?
Because right now you can earn so much money through slavery (fluid-producing slaves/selling demon slaves), and there's nothing worthwhile to spend it on after a few one-off purchases.
Earning more money becomes pointless very quickly, which in turn makes tasks that primarily exist to earn money lose a big chunk of their incentive.

What is needed are interesting purchases that are expensive, but don't ruin your game experience if you opt not to buy them.
Ideally recurring purchases, or if they are one-offs, there should be a large enough number of them that the moneysink lasts several in-game years.

I think the spa was a (very small) step in the right direction.
It would be good to have more complex rooms that cost a lot more to build than the spa, have high daily upkeep costs (much moreso than the spa or any existing room), and offer truly unique functions and non-generic sex interactions.

Your workshop sounds like it could go in that direction, requiring expensive equipment to improve its level, and rare/costly raw materials to produce higher-tier goods.
And in return for that investment, it would offer some benefits that could not be acquired any other way, like buff potions with a higher active effect cap than hand-brewed/shop-bought stuff, or advanced transformatives capable of overriding demonic immunity to standard TFs.

However, it is still rather problematic how the existing broken moneymaking methods get in the way of any kind of moneymaking system added later (like your proposed job quests).
Multiple millions of flames per day via a fully-automated system (i.e. a stable of fluid-producing slaves) should never have been possible until after the main quest was completed, and "just don't use them then" is a terrible non-solution. Better that they're rebalanced so they can be used without snapping the game in two (eg. scale the base fluid prices down a lot, and also add supply-and-demand that scales prices down even further based on raw volume of fluids sold in a sliding one-month window).

But perhaps it's outside the scope of the mod as you stated you didn't want to make significant tweaks to the base game.
So maybe you would be limited to adding more moneysinks to prevent the current "money is useless" state, but without touching the base earnings possible in the core game? In other words you would price everything assuming the broken moneymaking methods were being abused.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Because right now you can earn so much money through slavery (fluid-producing slaves/selling demon slaves), and there's nothing worthwhile to spend it on after a few one-off purchases.
Earning more money becomes pointless very quickly, which in turn makes tasks that primarily exist to earn money lose a big chunk of their incentive.

What is needed are interesting purchases that are expensive, but don't ruin your game experience if you opt not to buy them.
Ideally recurring purchases, or if they are one-offs, there should be a large enough number of them that the moneysink lasts several in-game years.

I think the spa was a (very small) step in the right direction.
It would be good to have more complex rooms that cost a lot more to build than the spa, have high daily upkeep costs (much moreso than the spa or any existing room), and offer truly unique functions and non-generic sex interactions.

Your workshop sounds like it could go in that direction, requiring expensive equipment to improve its level, and rare/costly raw materials to produce higher-tier goods.
And in return for that investment, it would offer some benefits that could not be acquired any other way, like buff potions with a higher active effect cap than hand-brewed/shop-bought stuff, or advanced transformatives capable of overriding demonic immunity to standard TFs.

However, it is still rather problematic how the existing broken moneymaking methods get in the way of any kind of moneymaking system added later (like your proposed job quests).
Multiple millions of flames per day via a fully-automated system (i.e. a stable of fluid-producing slaves) should never have been possible until after the main quest was completed, and "just don't use them then" is a terrible non-solution. Better that they're rebalanced so they can be used without snapping the game in two (eg. scale the base fluid prices down a lot, and also add supply-and-demand that scales prices down even further based on raw volume of fluids sold in a sliding one-month window).

But perhaps it's outside the scope of the mod as you stated you didn't want to make significant tweaks to the base game.
So maybe you would be limited to adding more moneysinks to prevent the current "money is useless" state, but without touching the base earnings possible in the core game? In other words you would price everything assuming the broken moneymaking methods were being abused.
I do think that is going beyond the scope of the mod, but these are some great ideas for rebalancing in direct core development, not that Inno will listen, they never do. You mention adding some more things to buy. Well, the quad rooms need some rebalancing in the form of options that actually allow for a balanced positive on both stats. As it is now, the only way to get a daily positive in one stat is to take a daily negative or no change in the other. No other bedroom type has this issue and that is because the options we already have are built around the double rooms as the biggest. As far as I can tell, there was nothing done to balance the stat gains and losses when quad rooms were added. My idea is simple, add more options like the obedience trainer or room service, but with this higher stat gain they provide will also come a higher cost both to install and for upkeep so that they don't get too OP and just end up pushing the issue in the opposite direction.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
An Alchemy room? just allow me to create a (appropriately expensive) potion that increases the orgasm requirements of NPCs so that playing a submissive role isn't so jarringly short and I will be extremely happy.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
An Alchemy room? just allow me to create a (appropriately expensive) potion that increases the orgasm requirements of NPCs so that playing a submissive role isn't so jarringly short and I will be extremely happy.
The "Object of Desire" perk increases number of necessary orgasms by one.

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
Yeah, and the base orgasm limit for any morph is one. two orgasms are still over extremely quickly, especially if you are performing actions they fetishize
The work-around for that (as of now) is to take a dominant position, but enable control for the NPCs to do whatever they want to do. That's fine and dandy in 1-on-1 sexual encounters, but it's tedious as heck in group sex. So, in group sex, take on a sub role and the encounter lasts longer because the dominants want to ensure everyone achieves their desired orgasm counts - more subs alongside you extends the sexual encounter.

So, basically just be the initiator in 1-on-1; be the sub in group sex.

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
The game needs a virtual stock market system to balance slave fluid dumping. Maybe have a random daily value assigned to each sellable item as a start, which is then lowered/raised based on amount of production/overflowing from previous deals. In
In this case, if you have as an example, 3 addictive wolf fluid slaves constantly pumping fluids, these will eventually net diminishing returns as the market gets oversaturated, making it so you have to diversify your portfolio or put those slaves on the backburner while you sell something else and wait for the value to pick back up. Maybe the diminishing value could get so low you actually can't even pay off your overhead as you start rolling into the red. Maybe you go into negative value, and need to pay people to buy some stock off you.
This could be helped by even having a more extensive slave job schedule, allowing set ups for several days instead of simply the hours in a day. It could also make the office be a less useless room, letting you check into market values, which otherwise could be only accessible in the town square/some other place.
Fuck lilith's throne being a sex game, I want it turned into Wall Street simulator.

• Haha
Reactions: organord

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
The work-around for that (as of now) is to take a dominant position, but enable control for the NPCs to do whatever they want to do. That's fine and dandy in 1-on-1 sexual encounters, but it's tedious as heck in group sex. So, in group sex, take on a sub role and the encounter lasts longer because the dominants want to ensure everyone achieves their desired orgasm counts - more subs alongside you extends the sexual encounter.

So, basically just be the initiator in 1-on-1; be the sub in group sex.
Unrestricting control of a submissive NPC allows them to end sex when satisfied. And allowing position changes without unrestricting control causes the sex AI to shit itself so hard that it has a chance to completely lock up the game, requiring you to close the program and re-open it.

Edit: and the only real group encounters outside of threesomes with slaves are imp gangs, who have the slightly better orgasm limit of two at base and three with Object of Desire.

Last edited:

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
So when we do eventually fight lilith, losing the fight will just result in us getting tossed out and nothing bad happens, because "it is not meant for the player". That certainly isn't immersion breaking at all. Glad to hear she'll just give us a pat on the back and say "better luck next time".
This would actually be a really good point in the story to have a possible MC enslavement.

It's already established that Lilith wants whatever of her power resides in the MC. So if the MC loses to Lilith, it would make sense - within the logic of the game, that is - that the MC would be imprisoned so that they could have the Lilith-power fucked out of them.

So, perhaps some kind of level-draining combined with custom kinky sex scenes? Escape the dungeons before the MC is reduced to zero levels. Fail to escape: bad end. Escape: rejoin with your allies, re-level (perhaps even rebuild) and have another crack at Lilith.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
It's Sunday. One week past when we were supposed to get an update.

Think we'll hear anything from Inno today? I know her entire life structure and schedule is kind of fucked, so we won't hear anything from her until the middle of the night, but do you think we'll hear anything at all? lol

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
I avoid slaves as much as possible due to how badly they drag down performance.
I've actually identified one of the probable causes this slowdown happens and am working on a fix. Right now in the base game every single time you move, the game loops through every slave in existence and runs a check to see if they want to use you.

I.e., every time you move one tile in Dominion, the game loops through every single slave every single time performing these checks no matter what. And it happens pretty much everywhere.

The workaround I currently have implemented is the game takes a random slave from the pool and looks at whether it meets all the checks. If not, it dumps the slave from the pool and tries another at random. When it finds a slave, it immediately breaks from the loop.

Obviously this is not ideal, because if all (e.g.) 300 slaves don't meet the checks, it's still running through all slaves per tile. But I haven't found an efficient way of handling this yet. I'm probably going to have to rewrite how tile encounters are handled to solve this.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes