Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
Slavery doesnt have to be game over if the writer doesnt make it so. Again its all about execution, how the writer makes it to be. If you get caught and you get broken to the point you're jus ta mindless fuck zombie who's brain turned into cum, there's no coming back from that. But if it never reach thats point then it doesnt have to be a game over.
I agree, and like I mentioned earlier, this is something I'm currently considering as a workaround for Illeton. A slavery side quest of sorts where you're given the opportunity to escape and continue the story.

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
I'm confused. How do you get enslaved by Vengar. I thought one gets enslaved by Murk, admittedly in Vengar's tunnels
I'm 100% certain that losing to Vengar gets you enslaved by Murk. I don't think it's productive to get hung up on the details of who enslaves you; the point is that losing a boss fight in there gets you enslaved.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
i actually dont remember that path. how did it go again?
Kill Vivec, loot a bricked Wraithguard off his corpse, talk to Yagrum Bagarn, fetch some dwemer books for him so he can figure out how to hot-wire it, make sure you're beefy enough to survive wearing it (which you likely are, since you got this far in a plan where step 1 is to kill god), get the other tools, kill the heart.

I'm 100% certain that losing to Vengar gets you enslaved by Murk. I don't think it's productive to get hung up on the details of who enslaves you; the point is that losing a boss fight in there gets you enslaved.
IIRC there used to be an option to get enslaved by Vengar and confined to his bedroom but it was removed.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So whats stopping Inno from making escape options again? Cause I didn't see any of that in your post. In all the times slavery of the player was a thing, escape has always been possible. If there's no way to escape, it is only because inno did not make an escape route.

.......................Then reload your save. Like, what is so hard about this that you're not getting? Just reload the save. No seriously, just reload the save. Its not that hard and hardly takes any time at all. Thats literally what they were thinking in morrowind. Just reload the save. Its not a complicated process. Just reload the save. The game isnt locking you to a single save file. Have I mentioned reloading the save?
So whats stopping Inno from making escape options again? Cause I didn't see any of that in your post. In all the times slavery of the player was a thing, escape has always been possible. If there's no way to escape, it is only because inno did not make an escape route.
Escape isn't even possible, otherwise we would have issues with our own slaves. What does not happen for one makes no sense happening to the other.

Then reload your save. Like, what is so hard about this that you're not getting? Just reload the save. No seriously, just reload the save. Its not that hard and hardly takes any time at all. Thats literally what they were thinking in morrowind. Just reload the save. Its not a complicated process. Just reload the save. The game isnt locking you to a single save file. Have I mentioned reloading the save?
That still doesn't solve the inherent issue of player slavery blocking the main quest. Only one thing does, not including player slavery in the actual sense like what we can see with NPCs now. This is just not that kind of game and never has been.

If that were true, there would've been no message informing you that an important NPC has been killed and no backdoor path to completing the main quest.
There is no backdoor path in this game, you either do it the obvious way that would be blocked by player slavery or it doesn't get done.

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
:FacePalm: where did i start...

Escape isn't even possible, otherwise we would have issues with our own slaves. What does not happen for one makes no sense happening to the other.
...so... in the murk slave route... that escape button must just be some lucid dream I was having... hm... got it. Also, just because our slaves dont escape (yet) does not mean slaves escaping is not a thing in lore. Enforces and Finch talk about slaves escaping, and you yourself can go into the slavers ally and free the slaves kept in the stocks while the enforces chase the escapees down. So yes, escape is possible, for the player and npcs. So thats debunked entirely.

That still doesn't solve the inherent issue of player slavery blocking the main quest. Only one thing does, not including player slavery in the actual sense like what we can see with NPCs now. This is just not that kind of game and never has been.
Read above. also, R E L O A D Y O U R S A V E. As for what kind of game this is, thats not for you to decide, its Inno's.

Reactions: 0culus

portrapoodle

Jul 9, 2017
Kill Vivec, loot a bricked Wraithguard off his corpse, talk to Yagrum Bagarn, fetch some dwemer books for him so he can figure out how to hot-wire it, make sure you're beefy enough to survive wearing it (which you likely are, since you got this far in a plan where step 1 is to kill god), get the other tools, kill the heart.

IIRC there used to be an option to get enslaved by Vengar and confined to his bedroom but it was removed.
Fair, need to find that version!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
:FacePalm: where did i start...

...so... in the murk slave route... that escape button must just be some lucid dream I was having... hm... got it. Also, just because our slaves dont escape (yet) does not mean slaves escaping is not a thing in lore. Enforces and Finch talk about slaves escaping, and you yourself can go into the slavers ally and free the slaves kept in the stocks while the enforces chase the escapees down. So yes, escape is possible, for the player and npcs. So thats debunked entirely.

Read above. also, R E L O A D Y O U R S A V E. As for what kind of game this is, thats not for you to decide, its Inno's.
Ah yes, the content that can ONLY be triggered if game overs are enabled. Some slaves being able to escape and others not being able makes about as much sense as being able to rape your own offspring while they are still on their spawn tile, but not once they move in as a free guest, which makes no sense at all.

Inno already has decided and the type is in giant letters at the top of the blog. It's an RPG, which means the story is the most important aspect of the entire game. An aspect Inno has been neglecting.

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017

There is no backdoor path in this game, you either do it the obvious way that would be blocked by player slavery or it doesn't get done.
Your slaves can't escape on their own because they do not have Lilith's power. The player character is unique in that regard(Along with the Lilim). Otherwise you would be unable to remove any of the cursed items in the game from your equipped slots. Have you talked to Lyssieth and Lilaya at all? Normal people do not have the ability to remove and create enchantments like you do. Your slaves are helpless to escape because they literally can't break the enchantment on their slave collars without outside help. You can. To add even further into that, you have the ability to create insanely strong buff potions, to the point that even if you were locked in a room you could enchant a potion out of the food they provide you to give you enough strength to break through a wall were you to store up enough essence. Or transform yourself into the same appearance as a guard, or into a slime and ooze out of the place.

And in addition, you can even let your slaves leave the mansion if you want, giving them permission to roam the city. This narrow view of "stuck in a room unable to do anything else" is entirely of your own imagination.

All that being said, if the mod creator doesn't wanna make said content thats fine. Make what you feel passionate for. Better to do what you want to well than push through something that you don't enjoy. Can always leave it up to other modders.

I actually didn't know that got entirely removed, I figured the bad end toggle just turned it permanent, but the old escape route was still there if you had bad ends off. Wasn't personally a fan of it since it it was too restrictive of the scenario(Always turn into a ratgirl even if you have transformation content off), but I don't really clamor to have people remove stuff because I personally don't like it. The reason I'm advocating for it here is because as a mod this is going to be entirely side content since Inno controls where the main story goes(if it ever does, he/she seems more interested in making a sandbox currently than a story, contrary to alex's thoughts), and the idea that getting into a situation thats difficult to overcome is counter to the main quest and therefore wrong is just weird to me. Degrees of Lewdity for example handles it just fine. There are multiple kidnap scenarios(eden, remy, morgan, wolves) and even 2 that people consider "bad ends"(Psych ward, underground dungeon) because while it is possible to escape them, it is pretty difficult. But having those in the game adds to the immersion of the world and adds another danger to overcome.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Your slaves can't escape on their own because they do not have Lilith's power. The player character is unique in that regard(Along with the Lilim). Otherwise you would be unable to remove any of the cursed items in the game from your equipped slots. Have you talked to Lyssieth and Lilaya at all? Normal people do not have the ability to remove and create enchantments like you do. Your slaves are helpless to escape because they literally can't break the enchantment on their slave collars without outside help. You can. To add even further into that, you have the ability to create insanely strong buff potions, to the point that even if you were locked in a room you could enchant a potion out of the food they provide you to give you enough strength to break through a wall were you to store up enough essence. Or transform yourself into the same appearance as a guard, or into a slime and ooze out of the place.

And in addition, you can even let your slaves leave the mansion if you want, giving them permission to roam the city. This narrow view of "stuck in a room unable to do anything else" is entirely of your own imagination.

All that being said, if the mod creator doesn't wanna make said content thats fine. Make what you feel passionate for. Better to do what you want to well than push through something that you don't enjoy. Can always leave it up to other modders.
The player character is unique in that regard
After completing the main quest to the current point, yes. However, this situation can occur without reaching the current end of the main quest. Cursed items also have a side quest tied to removing them, one that has the chance to come up before you even take the first steps toward the main quest. 'stuck in a room' isn't of my imagination, only the player has the ability to assign slave permissions, so the player being the slave would mean the person with the authority would not be able to because of a lack of ability.

I wasn't even relating this specifically to the mod, I was talking the game in general, but Zethin did mention not wanting to get in the way of the main quest as well, so I have a feeling the mod won't contain content that would. My concern is more about the game itself, especially if a certain official page requests it like someone there did the Nyan rework, though that page is not alone in requesting things.

There is no normal path in this game either, only about 10% of the main quest exists.
The normal path is the "10%" you mention. Just because it isn't complete doesn't mean the path doesn't exist.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
The normal path is the "10%" you mention. Just because it isn't complete doesn't mean the path doesn't exist.
The point is that the concern about being unable to finish the main quest due to being enslaved is unfounded and irrelevant, since there's no way to finish the main quest anyway. If and when the main quest is put into the game, who knows? Maybe an alternative path will be included, just like in Morrowind.

I don't really clamor to have people remove stuff because I personally don't like it. [...] Degrees of Lewdity for example handles it just fine. There are multiple kidnap scenarios(eden, remy, morgan, wolves) and even 2 that people consider "bad ends"(Psych ward, underground dungeon) because while it is possible to escape them, it is pretty difficult. But having those in the game adds to the immersion of the world and adds another danger to overcome.
I agree. Even if getting enslaved was permanent (which I doubt), so what? If you don't want to fail the main quest, just don't get enslaved. That seems a very obvious solution to the entire conundrum.

Reactions: 0culus

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
After completing the main quest to the current point, yes. However, this situation can occur without reaching the current end of the main quest. Cursed items also have a side quest tied to removing them, one that has the chance to come up before you even take the first steps toward the main quest. 'stuck in a room' isn't of my imagination, only the player has the ability to assign slave permissions, so the player being the slave would mean the person with the authority would not be able to because of a lack of ability.
You shouldn't be catering to people who don't bother to play the game. The entire enchant/disenchant questline is done within 1 minute of the game starting. All it takes is beating/losing a single battle and talking to Lilaya about essence and you're able to disenchant. If you're intentionally skipping all the text, what are you even getting out of a text based game in the first place?

No open world game should cater to idiots. TES would be pretty stupid if the game had precautions on players attacking random people. "How should I know that killing people was going to get me arrested" is not an excuse. A journalist got stuck on cuphead's tutorial for 20 minutes because he couldn't figure out how to dash in the air even with the game displaying how to do it on screen. The devs didn't remove the need to jump because someone might not figure out how to do it properly.

The fact the player can assign slaves to be able to leave the mansion means any slave owner could. In fact flavor text on the streets even mentions slaves that aren't your own walking about as well. The only restriction on slavery is what the writer is willing to come up with. It could be that the slaveowner doesn't let you out of their building because they don't trust you not to run off, but grants the permission once their affection towards you is higher(Look you can even integrate already functional systems into this). Or perhaps you just disenchant the collar yourself and sneak out, or attempt to overpower the owner. Hell maybe they come to respect you enough to free you themselves, since you're able to do the same. Not only that, but the game does mention that slaves sometimes do escape. Meaning there's some demon out there somewhere that's sympathetic enough(or bribeable) to slaves to remove the collar. So even if somehow(Incredibly unlikely) you never figured out how to remove enchantments on your own, apparently someone out there is willing to do it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The point is that the concern about being unable to finish the main quest due to being enslaved is unfounded and irrelevant, since there's no way to finish the main quest anyway. If and when the main quest is put into the game, who knows? Maybe an alternative path will be included, just like in Morrowind.

I agree. Even if getting enslaved was permanent (which I doubt), so what? If you don't want to fail the main quest, just don't get enslaved. That seems a very obvious solution to the entire conundrum.
The lockout isn't just for one version, it persists permanently, so it will still be locked out when the main quest does eventually get finished. The ONLY difference is that the player still has to wait for the main quest to be fully developed in this version.

You shouldn't be catering to people who don't bother to play the game. The entire enchant/disenchant questline is done within 1 minute of the game starting. All it takes is beating/losing a single battle and talking to Lilaya about essence and you're able to disenchant. If you're intentionally skipping all the text, what are you even getting out of a text based game in the first place?

No open world game should cater to idiots. TES would be pretty stupid if the game had precautions on players attacking random people. "How should I know that killing people was going to get me arrested" is not an excuse. A journalist got stuck on cuphead's tutorial for 20 minutes because he couldn't figure out how to dash in the air even with the game displaying how to do it on screen. The devs didn't remove the need to jump because someone might not figure out how to do it properly.

The fact the player can assign slaves to be able to leave the mansion means any slave owner could. In fact flavor text on the streets even mentions slaves that aren't your own walking about as well. The only restriction on slavery is what the writer is willing to come up with. It could be that the slaveowner doesn't let you out of their building because they don't trust you not to run off, but grants the permission once their affection towards you is higher(Look you can even integrate already functional systems into this). Or perhaps you just disenchant the collar yourself and sneak out, or attempt to overpower the owner. Hell maybe they come to respect you enough to free you themselves, since you're able to do the same. Not only that, but the game does mention that slaves sometimes do escape. Meaning there's some demon out there somewhere that's sympathetic enough(or bribeable) to slaves to remove the collar. So even if somehow(Incredibly unlikely) you never figured out how to remove enchantments on your own, apparently someone out there is willing to do it.
The entire enchant/disenchant questline is done within 1 minute of the game starting.
That actually depends. Because the trigger is sealed clothing, the player could potentially go the entire game without even triggering that quest.

All it takes is beating/losing a single battle and talking to Lilaya about essence and you're able to disenchant.
Or triggering a scene like Amber's, which provides a unique collar that is sealed. That's the one I usually use to trigger that quest. Luckily she doesn't seem to care if the seal is broken unless you aren't wearing said collar.

If you're intentionally skipping all the text, what are you even getting out of a text based game in the first place?
Who said anything about skipping text?

No open world game should cater to idiots.
No game period, but they do and it takes the challenge out of it and some of the fun by extension.

TES would be pretty stupid if the game had precautions on players attacking random people.
It does in a way, there is a crime system for a reason. Do enough and there isn't enough money in the game to keep the guards from coming for your head.

couldn't figure out how to dash in the air even with the game displaying how to do it on screen
Yeah, no, there's no excuse for anyone but actual blind people, who wouldn't be playing the game anyway. If it is right in front of you, then it is a you issue. That is not the case in LT, you get warnings of danger, but literally EVERY tile that can spawn a fight is dangerous. The only time it is really that bad is going into story areas where the final enemy is powerful enough that you need to grind, Brax for example, who can absolutely destroy newbies with no grinding done.

The devs didn't remove the need to jump because someone might not figure out how to do it properly.
Nor should existing mechanics be removed unless there is no alternative, that said, things that haven't been added yet are a different story and should be handled as is appropriate for the kind of content they are. Game over content should result in a game over, for example, such as the Rat Warrens slavery.

flavor text on the streets
Flavor text is not mechanical in nature and has no bearing on what a PC or NPC can or can't actually do.

because they don't trust you not to run off
Or because they know your motives and oppose them, such as if the master is a loyalist to Lilith and is well aware you oppose her. No loyalist master in their right mind would let you have free roam of the building let alone the outside world with that knowledge.

Or perhaps you just disenchant the collar yourself and sneak out, or attempt to overpower the owner
As if that would be allowed to happen. Being able to remove seals on clothing is one thing even if there is a person who is still an active part of the game involved in the item being put on you, Amber, but being able to remove sealed clothing placed on you by a person who enslaved you is another entirely. No slave owner would allow that if they were able to stop it, which they can if they are active in the game.

Hell maybe they come to respect you enough to free you themselves, since you're able to do the same
Even with respect, the quote two above this applies, no owner in their right mind would allow harm to come to Lilith if they are loyal and freeing you would be allowing a chance of that.

organord

Jun 10, 2020
That actually depends. Because the trigger is sealed clothing, the player could potentially go the entire game without even triggering that quest.
No, that quest is also triggered when you gain any Arcane Essence from orgasming partners or using a bottled essence. Incredibly hard to avoid.

Regardless of the entry trigger, you'll always be taught about arcane essences, essence absorption, enchanting, identification, and unsealing. And there's a followup explaining essence extraction (from your essence stock to create a bottled essence) if you want to do that for some reason.
The trigger just changes some of the context of the dialog in the quest (eg. unsealing something you already got sealed onto you, rather than phrasing it such that you can now unseal clothing if you happen to get stuck in some in the future).

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
Flavor text is not mechanical in nature and has no bearing on what a PC or NPC can or can't actually do.

Gonna have to agree with everyone that said don't bother now. The game says this is possible, but that doesn't mean its possible.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
No, that quest is also triggered when you gain any Arcane Essence from orgasming partners or using a bottled essence. Incredibly hard to avoid.

Regardless of the entry trigger, you'll always be taught about arcane essences, essence absorption, enchanting, identification, and unsealing. And there's a followup explaining essence extraction (from your essence stock to create a bottled essence) if you want to do that for some reason.
The trigger just changes some of the context of the dialog in the quest (eg. unsealing something you already got sealed onto you, rather than phrasing it such that you can now unseal clothing if you happen to get stuck in some in the future).
Actually, that is a different quest entirely. Both are side quests, but only one of them deals with sealed clothing. The other is basically set for the beginning of the game because there's nothing you can really do to avoid earning essences while having sealed clothing placed on you is completely avoidable, not advised because the side quest does still give XP, but avoidable.

Gonna have to agree with everyone that said don't bother now. The game says this is possible, but that doesn't mean its possible.
What is stated in text and what is implemented in code are two very different things. Flavor text is only stated in text and the only related code is used to disaply said text, not to actually make it doable. The actual ability to do something uses completely different code.

organord

Jun 10, 2020
Actually, that is a different quest entirely. Both are side quests, but only one of them deals with sealed clothing. The other is basically set for the beginning of the game because there's nothing you can really do to avoid earning essences while having sealed clothing placed on you is completely avoidable, not advised because the side quest does still give XP, but avoidable.
You can check the XMLs (or start a new game and see for yourself); all that changes is the context of the scene.

Here's the sealed clothing explanation in the variant where you started the sidequest by gaining orgasm essences:

LT-seal.png

Edit:
And if you have sealed clothing on you, that last paragraph is just modified slightly to:
"and this is also how items can be identified, as well as how that sealed clothing of yours needs to be removed! All you need to do is channel some of your absorbed essences into an unidentified item to discover the enchantment, or into sealed clothing to allow you to remove it. Sealed clothing is a major problem for people without demonic-strength auras, as they need to pay demons to remove the seal for them, but for you and I, sealed clothing is no more than a minor inconvenience."

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You can check the XMLs (or start a new game and see for yourself); all that changes is the context of the scene.

Here's the sealed clothing explanation in the variant where you started the sidequest by gaining orgasm essences:

View attachment 1081694
This is for enchanting, but there is a separate side quest that triggers when you apply a sealed piece of clothing that is for removal of seals.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes