tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
lmao, I came back to check if there was an update. I don't know why I expected anything. Maybe I was hoping after literally two months of being shamed over always missing her schedules so much so that she banned all comments on her site, maybe she'd try and stick to it more than once.

That was dumb to assume lol

When do you all think we'll get something. I'm guessing we won't get baseline, filler only fields until April at this rate.

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
I would LOVE to see some PC slavery content.
The closest thing is to do Axel's quest, challenge Vengar and then lose and he'll turn you into his personal slave. Though if you want a custom char there, you're out of luck, you get turned into a rat woman.

Aug 30, 2018
lmao, I came back to check if there was an update. I don't know why I expected anything. Maybe I was hoping after literally two months of being shamed over always missing her schedules so much so that she banned all comments on her site, maybe she'd try and stick to it more than once.

When do you all think we'll get something. I'm guessing we won't get baseline, filler only fields until April at this rate.
I won't be surprised if we don't even get an progress update in April. When stuff gets delayed like this, going silence seems to be her next move.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I would LOVE to see some PC slavery content.
I hate to break it to you, but the odds of that happening are not that great given how often that's been suggested and subsequently given the cold shoulder. I wouldn't hold your breath for it.
And there is a VERY valid reason for that. The PC being enslaved would effectively be a game over, so any content designed around the concept would have to be game ending. The reason for this is it permanently puts an end to the game's main quest by making the PC fail in their mission to either liberate or conquer the realm Lilith controls, as is the ultimate goal.

Hm, haven't checked this thread in a while. Glad to hear someone working on a mod that's not just another set of clothing items or race TFs. Gonna be looking forward to see if this goes anywhere. Not the most enthused about having minimal interaction with the base game, always preferred mods that feel like it's part of the world instead of it's own tacked on thing. But I'm going through withdraws here so anything you got for me will do.
A mod is a mod, I honestly don't see how to eliminate the tacked on feeling as it will always have something that distinguishes it from the actual core content and any officially implemented side content. That said, I am most definitely excited for this, more than I have been since August, when I still had hope for the main game.

That would clash pretty badly with the power fantasy premise of the game. If you want a disempowerment fantasy, play Degrees of Lewdity.
Indeed, AND with the main quest because enslavement is permanent as far as anyone knows except in the case of the PC's slaves. On this I can most definitely agree.

It can be done as a consensual bdsm relationship with an NPC. Like Amber, except actually written well.
That's not slavery as defined in the game's terms, that's just BDSM. Coms77 specifically said slavery, which means trapping the player in a life of servitude that will ultimately mean main quest failure.

April of 2040, I would say, especially since Inno has proven beyond any doubt they do not care about the game or any of the players. In the mean time, I don't know if you saw it, but we have a new mod project in the works that shows promise AND it gets us out of Dominion. It would give us a self contained secondary main quest and side quests in a self contained settlement. The modder has already shown progress on the maps.

The closest thing is to do Axel's quest, challenge Vengar and then lose and he'll turn you into his personal slave. Though if you want a custom char there, you're out of luck, you get turned into a rat woman.
And it is indeed a permanent state, there is no going back once this is done. It also requires that game overs are enabled in the settings because that's what it is, the first content that can end the game.

I won't be surprised if we don't even get an progress update in April. When stuff gets delayed like this, going silence seems to be her next move.
Followed by a massive reveal of nothing they said they were working on actually done and more side content done instead. Inno did this with the Nyan rework right before the comments on the blog got shut down. Guess they didn't like that the players were unhappy that nothing that they were told months before was true.

The same will happen here at some point. Inno will miss the next deadline, possibly one more, then not report back with a new post until months later, I predict some time in May, that will then reveal that we have no fields content coming as stated yet again because another character got a rework. The players will not be happy and yet another forum will be closed off from Inno's notice, likely to be this one using their contact on the moderation team here. Amber and Rose seem to be the most likely candidates as the character for this to happen to.

In the event this happens, I advise everyone here to move to the subreddit IvoryOwl created as a free space away from developer influence, but still in plain sight. I alone control what goes on there within reddit's global and the subreddit's rules.

xfto

Dec 1, 2019
i would like to give my 2 cents for the mod content, more slavery content, things to manage around, maybe jobs. the idea of a "mizuryu kei" like park or business, maybe a bakery or alchemist store to work on the transformation items instead of doing it all on the fly.

some of the features we can change with the transformation system could be done by alternative features, lets say after investing in a laboratory people could start to grow tentacle beasts or pleasure pits that can transform orifices with enough intercourse, so that traits like muscled or tentacled feel more like a special feature.

i just liked the brothel and slavery aspect of the game, the adventure and story took a backseat since the development slowed down this hard.

after thinking about the few story choices where the player could decide to play good, neutral or bad...maybe add a hideout with traps to defend against either demons, angels or neutral mobs because of story reasons...

but dont feel obligated to anything, i am just glad someone tries to do something with the game since the dev clearly has trouble...even if its just splitting the spawns of dominion over to another city, thanks man.

Reactions: alex2011

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Zethin
I don't want to pressure you or anything but am I glad to see someone from the community picking up the mantle and doing more extensive mods like this. This is exactly the kind of content the game needs ATM. It gives us something to do while we wait for more official content, which, quite honestly, I think will be a weight off the developer's shoulders right now.

That being said, is there a way to download and install your fork? Or is still "under wraps"? I ask because unless it's something like download, drag+drop, some people have absolutely no idea what to do (myself included).

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
Zethin
I don't want to pressure you or anything but am I glad to see someone from the community picking up the mantle and doing more extensive mods like this. This is exactly the kind of content the game needs ATM. It gives us something to do while we wait for more official content, which, quite honestly, I think will be a weight off the developer's shoulders right now.

That being said, is there a way to download and install your fork? Or is still "under wraps"? I ask because unless it's something like download, drag+drop, some people have absolutely no idea what to do (myself included).
It will be drag and drop, no complicated install process. I've only just got the first quest semi-functioning, so it's still a long way off.

Pencil8526

Jul 31, 2019
And there is a VERY valid reason for that. The PC being enslaved would effectively be a game over, so any content designed around the concept would have to be game ending. The reason for this is it permanently puts an end to the game's main quest by making the PC fail in their mission to either liberate or conquer the realm Lilith controls, as is the ultimate goal.
And it is indeed a permanent state, there is no going back once this is done. It also requires that game overs are enabled in the settings because that's what it is, the first content that can end the game.
I'm going to be honest here... I don't see the problem? Like at all?

Like if you could only play LT in an ironman mode where you can only have one save, then yeah that'd be a problem. But, like, that's not the case? Separate save files is a rather basic feature that that exists and which usage of is common sense.

For instance, if Inno came out tomorrow and reveals she's implemented a whole bunch of content for those enslaved by Vengar, how would that impact save files where the player's avoided getting enslaved by Vengar?

What's stopping players from having one save where they're character's free, and another where they're enslaved?

I know it works cause that's what I did with Vengar. I've got my main save file where my character's free and ready to continue the storyline when it finally comes out, and I've got an extra save where that same character has been enslaved by Vengar.

If you want to get enslaved, yet don't want to lock yourself out of storyline content, then you just make a separate save file. That way, when you want to experience certain content, you just go to that specific save. Its that easy.

So... really, what's the problem? Is there any reason besides "it locks out further storyline content solely for this specific save file"? Because, to be frank, that's completely irrelevant when you can create new save files with a single button click and can have as many of them as you want.

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
Seems I was mistaken in my assertion that modded races couldn't be spawned in alleyways. Maybe it has to do with how I've setup my racial spawn settings in options. Either way, I'd like to apologize for my mistaken jab at Inno on that notion. Still waiting for the fix for outfit mods not working on said encounters, though. I haven't figured out how to code in fetishes to be applied to modded races upon character generation (without tearing apart the game code), so I need that functional to serve as a work-around.

EDIT: "Maybe it has to do with how I've setup my racial spawn settings in options."
Turns out that's what it was. So...

BUG:
Clicking one of the "set all spawn frequencies" buttons at the top of the "Furry Preferences" menu still affects the race's spawn frequency, even if you've set the modded race to have this disabled. I always set mine to "Off" and then work from there, so this bug caused my modded race to follow suit and switch to "Off" as well; this caused me to never be able to spawn them in alleyways, even when I had every other race switched off. This can be verified by noting the changes to the properties.xml file as you adjust the settings.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm going to be honest here... I don't see the problem? Like at all?

Like if you could only play LT in an ironman mode where you can only have one save, then yeah that'd be a problem. But, like, that's not the case? Separate save files is a rather basic feature that that exists and which usage of is common sense.

For instance, if Inno came out tomorrow and reveals she's implemented a whole bunch of content for those enslaved by Vengar, how would that impact save files where the player's avoided getting enslaved by Vengar?

What's stopping players from having one save where they're character's free, and another where they're enslaved?

I know it works cause that's what I did with Vengar. I've got my main save file where my character's free and ready to continue the storyline when it finally comes out, and I've got an extra save where that same character has been enslaved by Vengar.

If you want to get enslaved, yet don't want to lock yourself out of storyline content, then you just make a separate save file. That way, when you want to experience certain content, you just go to that specific save. Its that easy.

So... really, what's the problem? Is there any reason besides "it locks out further storyline content solely for this specific save file"? Because, to be frank, that's completely irrelevant when you can create new save files with a single button click and can have as many of them as you want.
The problem is anything that gets in the way of the main quest.

First of all, it doesn't matter if you can save separately because there are people who, like me, stumble into things without knowing what we have to look for ward to or are unknowingly unprepared for it, sometimes without a point where we are able to save before the possibility of a game over scenario.

I just had to start a new game because my source, not F95 or Inno, finally updated to 3.19 and running my save from 3.13 had an unfortunate bug put all of my stats, which were maxed out, at 1 so I was guaranteed to lose any fight.

If I hadn't already completed any content with a possibility of getting in the way of the main quest, I would have been guaranteed to be permanently stuck in the main quest and I was completely unaware of this being an issue until I had already lost a fight. If that had been against Vengar, game over.

Second, the whole point of the game is to defeat Lilith and either liberate or conquer her realm, so any content after being enslaved makes no sense. You have failed in your entire purpose of being there, so it is a game over situation. A game over situation should mean...well, game over.

Third, that's the reason you have to enable game overs to even be enslaved by Vengar, otherwise it just doesn't happen whether you lose or not. It doesn't make any sense to not allow Vengar to do this and yet allow others to, which is equivalent to allowing the player to rape their own offspring on the alley tile they spawn in either by defeating them on the first encounter instead of using peaceful solutions or hitting the sex option in a subsequent encounter, but then not allowing rape when they move in with you as a free guest without the incest fetish, which is the only reason it is rape in the first place, they accept sex if they have that.

I'm sorry, but it boils down to this is just not that kind of game. If you want to be the slave, there are other games where it can be done. The only compromise in this game that would work is slavery of the roleplay variety, in other words, that isn't actual slavery.

Reactions: looseylucy

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
The only compromise in this game that would work is slavery of the roleplay variety, in other words, that isn't actual slavery.
To be honest, as someone who likes the idea of a slave PC but understands the logistics and technicalities of why it can't be a thing, I'd be down for this. (Obligatory "Not right now but further down the line, after the Fields.")

Reactions: alex2011

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
Second, the whole point of the game is to defeat Lilith and either liberate or conquer her realm, so any content after being enslaved makes no sense. You have failed in your entire purpose of being there, so it is a game over situation. A game over situation should mean...well, game over
This is my biggest reservation with adding in PC slavery. The technical aspect really wouldn't be that hard. It'd take at most a couple of days to add. It's the fact that you become completely detached from all content in the game.

Something I've considered as a solution is a side quest where the PC is temporarily enslaved and later escapes. But as far as permanent slavery goes, I can't think of a good way to develop any content on that end.

I don't personally agree that the roleplay situation is a good compromise. At that point it's just BDSM, and I don't think that's what the crowd wanting this added in are looking for.

I'll continue thinking on this some more, but I'm open to ideas on implementations for this, because I know it's a pretty highly desired feature.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
To be honest, as someone who likes the idea of a slave PC but understands the logistics and technicalities of why it can't be a thing, I'd be down for this. (Obligatory "Not right now but further down the line, after the Fields.")
As someone not totally against the idea, but that wouldn't go out of my way to get it implemented, I have to agree. I think roleplay slavery could work very well. It provides the experience of being on the other end of the collar while not going against the game's core, the best of both worlds.

This is my biggest reservation with adding in PC slavery. The technical aspect really wouldn't be that hard. It'd take at most a couple of days to add. It's the fact that you become completely detached from all content in the game.

Something I've considered as a solution is a side quest where the PC is temporarily enslaved and later escapes. But as far as permanent slavery goes, I can't think of a good way to develop any content on that end.

I don't personally agree that the roleplay situation is a good compromise. At that point it's just BDSM, and I don't think that's what the crowd wanting this added in are looking for.

I'll continue thinking on this some more, but I'm open to ideas on implementations for this, because I know it's a pretty highly desired feature.
BDSM basically sums up what I was saying, I just don't see it being a thing from a narrative perspective as, like you said, it closes off the rest of the game from a story standpoint. Permanent slavery would mean we can no longer fight Lilith or the elder lilin because we are now at the beck and call of another, potentially loyal, person. If the person who enslaves us is a loyalist to Lilith or sees benefit in keeping the status quo, they would never allow us to oppose her.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
You must be new here. I'd like to welcome you to the "laughing at how absurdly long it takes to update simple things despite this being the dev's full time job" club. We have punch every Sunday, if it shows up.

That'd be like, three months minimum. The Nyan rework is probably a similar level of content and its at like, four months and only *maybe* 2/3rds done. And its... not the best writing in the game.

Throwing in my 2c: The PC becoming a slave is pretty pointless. Should more submissive content be added, absolutely. But making the PC a slave removes any agency from the player and basically immediately ends the game. At that point, all the player interaction would basically be "get told to do random thing, either do it or refuse. Probably have sex either way." on repeat. Even that's more in-depth than it'd be worth dedicating resources to.

Zethin

Succubus Rhapsodia
Donor
May 14, 2017
You must be new here. I'd like to welcome you to the "laughing at how absurdly long it takes to update simple things despite this being the dev's full time job" club. We have punch every Sunday, if it shows up.
I can show you how easy it is to implement if that would prove it to you. The programming isn't that hard at all. All it takes is setting a public boolean in the character file, e.g.
Java:
// PlayerCharacter.java
private boolean isEnslaved = false;

public boolean isEnslaved() {
    return this.isEnslaved;
}
// Then in any dialogue checks (e.g. talking with someone):
// DominionPlaces.java
public Response getResponse(int responseTab, int index) {
    if (Main.game.getPlayer().isEnlaved()) {
        if (index == 1) {
            } else {
            return null;
        }
    }
    if (index == 1) {
    } else {
        return null;
    }
}
That's literally all the code you need to create player slavery. The rest of it is just writing dialogue and copy+paste for other NPCs, areas, etc. It isn't hard, people have other reasons for not doing it, as I said.

Edit:

Of course, if you want to make it so you change when they are enslaved, you just add a simple setter. Again, not difficult:

Java:
//PlayerCharacter.java

public void setEnslaved(boolean enslaved) {
    this.isEnslaved = enslaved;
}

//Literally anywhere else:
Main.game.getPlayer().setEnslaved(true);
}

Last edited:

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
At that point, all the player interaction would basically be "get told to do random thing, either do it or refuse. Probably have sex either way." on repeat. Even that's more in-depth than it'd be worth dedicating resources to.
So, the bad end for Rat Warrens, but change the involved NPCs and rewrite the setting?

I can show you how easy it is to implement if that would prove it to you. The programming isn't that hard at all.
That's the joke. We know a lot of this is simple, but tehl's point was that Inno overcomplicates the updates; it becomes something needlessly tedious and it additionally causes bugs to manifest every time they do something new. That's why he thinks you're new here.

Last edited:

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
wth version are you playing? that route has been removed for ages now. the only slave route there is murk's.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

That'd be like, three months minimum. The Nyan rework is probably a similar level of content and its at like, four months and only *maybe* 2/3rds done. And its... not the best writing in the game.

Throwing in my 2c: The PC becoming a slave is pretty pointless. Should more submissive content be added, absolutely. But making the PC a slave removes any agency from the player and basically immediately ends the game. At that point, all the player interaction would basically be "get told to do random thing, either do it or refuse. Probably have sex either way." on repeat. Even that's more in-depth than it'd be worth dedicating resources to.
Keep in mind the whole 'absurdly long' thing is specific to Inno, no dev who knows what they are doing and is actually doing work takes anywhere near as long as Inno unless there are severe complications getting in the way on the level that Inno caused with the elemental revamp, the kind that breaks literally everything. Zethin seems to hit both the 'knows what they are doing' and 'actually working' marks quite nicely, unlike Inno.

On the player slavery thing, that's basically the issue with it, especially if the person in charge happens to be loyal to Lilith because that means there is no way to defeat Lilith. I agree that it is possible to do something in between that doesn't force the player into a situation where the main quest, the whole point of the game, is not endangered, kind of like we have with Amber, whose collar I use to trigger the side quest for sealed clothing.

So, the bad end for Rat Warrens, but change the involved NPCs and rewrite the setting?

That's the joke. We know a lot of this is simple, but tehl's point was that Inno overcomplicates the updates; it becomes something needlessly tedious and it additionally causes bugs to manifest every time they do something new. That's why he thinks you're new here.
Basically, yeah. I don't even keep the game over setting on specifically because the Rat Warrens can do that. I prefer my game left in a beatable state for when the main quest is eventually finished, by whose hand is TBD.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just to be clear, that was a joke. I know how easy it should be to add. Pretty much everything that's been added outside the race rework should have been easy to add. All the writing that went into Nyan's rework would have taken me a weekend, on a hobbyist schedule, while I'm currently addicted to a game taking most of my time.

Still took like four months while not being complete (or well written...).

Pencil8526

Jul 31, 2019
First of all, it doesn't matter if you can save separately because there are people who, like me, stumble into things without knowing what we have to look for ward to or are unknowingly unprepared for it, sometimes without a point where we are able to save before the possibility of a game over scenario.
1.) That's what autosaves are for. Pretty sure that feature is automatically enabled by default.

2.) How? How in god's name do you stumble into areas without being prepared? All the really dangerous areas are clearly marked as such. Shaded or colored squares, big warnings in the description spelling what's there and potential consequences, giant glaring warnings across your screen, etc. They're really no excuse for this. When major/dangerous events are about to take place the game tells you.

You don't "stumble" into an imp fortress on accident, or into Vengar place by mistake, or into the alleyways. Hell, even the fast travel spells out how many dangerous tiles you'll go through.

If you march into a dangerous area without making a backup save, that's entirely on you.

I just had to start a new game because my source, not F95 or Inno, finally updated to 3.19 and running my save from 3.13 had an unfortunate bug put all of my stats, which were maxed out, at 1 so I was guaranteed to lose any fight.

If I hadn't already completed any content with a possibility of getting in the way of the main quest, I would have been guaranteed to be permanently stuck in the main quest and I was completely unaware of this being an issue until I had already lost a fight. If that had been against Vengar, game over.
1.) That sounds like a technical issue, not one with the content itself. Transferring saves is by its very nature risky.
2.) Did you have game overs enabled? If not, then no, it wouldn't have been game over.

Second, the whole point of the game is to defeat Lilith and either liberate or conquer her realm, so any content after being enslaved makes no sense. You have failed in your entire purpose of being there, so it is a game over situation. A game over situation should mean...well, game over.
And yet things like Vengar are in the game anyway, and as far as I'm aware no ones raised a massive fuss over it. Hell, the fact that there is an option to enable game overs at all implies Inno plans to and more of them in the future, so why having one of them being slavery is such a bad thing I don't understand.

Third, that's the reason you have to enable game overs to even be enslaved by Vengar, otherwise it just doesn't happen whether you lose or not. It doesn't make any sense to not allow Vengar to do this and yet allow others to, which is equivalent to allowing the player to rape their own offspring on the alley tile they spawn in either by defeating them on the first encounter instead of using peaceful solutions or hitting the sex option in a subsequent encounter, but then not allowing rape when they move in with you as a free guest without the incest fetish, which is the only reason it is rape in the first place, they accept sex if they have that.
Once again, the fact that there is an option to enable game overs at all implies Inno plans to and more of them in the future, so why having one of them being slavery is such a bad thing I don't understand.

I'm sorry, but it boils down to this is just not that kind of game.
Buddy, I'm not demanding that the entire game be theme-swapped or something. I'm just asking for a bit of game over content. The Elder Scrolls is also a power-fantasy, but when you killed the wrong NPC in Morrowind and doomed the world, the game still gave you the option of continuing anyway.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes