HerrLeutnant

Sep 17, 2020
Sooo, apparently there is a Katana sword and a "teleport behind opponent" option during battle... o_O

I half expected there to be a "Neckbeard redditor" set. xD like...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Headgear - Fedora of Enlightenment.

Hands - Fingerless gloves.

Chest = [Insert anime] style t-shirt.

Over-torso - Trenchcoat.

Legs - Cargo shorts.

Feet - Sneakers.

Main weapon - Nippon steel Katana.

Secondary weapon - The book "God delusion" by Richard Dawkins.

Set effects:

-110% tease damage.

-7 physique.

Due to your atheism, arcane powers are disabled.

You now refer to people as "M'lady/GentleSir"

+40% increase in melee damage.

Tease attacks now gives enemies a 24 hour sexual turn-off debuff.

-50 relationship points with Lilya.

Bimbo characters now loathe you.

Starts quest: Rescue your waifu from Chadicus Testosteronimus of Stacey isles.

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
They should not be collecting patreon and subscribestar money for this kind of content, and i'm pretty sure that they are, correct me if I'm wrong.
They are, of course

So, I played this game pretty much all weekend and I have to say, for something that was originally posted FOUR YEARS AGO to have what seems like such little content and direction is a major disappointment, especially since it's just a text based game.

Like, I know full well how much work actually goes into a text based game since i've written content for multiple games at this point and have attempted to make my own before, and with that knowledge I have to say that with the severe lack of content here (as well as the amount of typos) over such a long period of time smells like a scam on the same levels as Breeding Season or any of Brozeks games.

Serious shame too since the amount I did play was enjoyable enough to check out the post again to learn more about the game, which I only do for games i've enjoyed.
If the other posts i've seen about the amount of money this game is pulling in are true though, then this game should have at least hit v2.0 at least two years ago.

I don't normally comment negatively on things people have made, but this is a very fishy situation at best.
Yup. Nothing you said here is wrong.

Sooo, apparently there is a Katana sword and a "teleport behind opponent" option during battle... o_O

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't give her ideas. If she implements this it'll take another month to get any new content.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Lol 3.20, jesus, and now a break? Are you kidding me, those poor subscribers. And Inno also said that 0.4 won't even actually have that much field content, what the hell has he/she/Oni been doing? The Nyan quest thing seemed extremely pointless, and also took way longer than it should've, and the fields were what Inno was hyping everyone up for. If this was just a free project, or something that just had some donations here and there, this would be fine, but the fact that Inno is actually making several thousand a month (I think) is ridiculous. When your making that much money, your work and work ethic should be professional, but his isn't.
As it is now, because based on what Inno said the new romance quest basically leaves off where the original one did, it really is pointless AND the original was way better in quality. That could have waited until there wasn't already heavily delayed content to get done. Basically the only two things Inno has been doing are the race rework that could have waited until the fields were done and the Nyan rework that could have waited until after the first fields release. Everything else is from contributors on the GitHub.

What makes things worse on how much Inno is getting for what basically amounts to no work is that they specifically stated in a stretch goal that has long since been reached that this would be treated as a full time job. At a full time job, work like we're seeing now would get Inno fired.

They should not be collecting patreon and subscribestar money for this kind of content, and i'm pretty sure that they are, correct me if I'm wrong.
No, you're right, they are collecting. I do disagree with this sentiment, though. They should be collecting, but only if and when work is actually getting done, which it is not as Inno has proven in the last few months.

Of course, that is where I am putting my money on.
Same

She does. Nearly 5.500$ are being funneled to this game ATM. It's depressing to see that the worse development gets, the more money she makes. That's one hell of a bad incentive.

What's even worse is that there's an easy way to circumvent most of the blame/guilt on this and still get the money, all you have to do is throw the ball to the opposite team. "I know my performance has been a disappointment lately so feel free to cancel your subscription until I have something ready." She has done something similar in the past.

Sex sells like hot cakes; it's one of the easiest markets to separate fools from their money. Meanwhile, this allows her to look "respectable and considerate" without having to lift a finger or improve things on her end. Why temporarily shut down donations when this is just so much smarter? "I told them to stop donating. If they don't do it then it's not my fault."

PS: I just checked her Sub. Star page and lo and behold!
There are actually two easy ways, only one of which Inno seems willing to do. That is not to say that it would be easy in general, but it would be easier than just letting it continue. Get the work done and show some results along the way, then the blame/guilt will just go away because there will be nothing current to blame on anyone or be guilty for.

A message like 'feel free to unsubscribe if you find my performance disappointing' just sounds like an attempt to guilt trip us into sticking around and that makes the situation even worse in the eyes of people who sniff out the attempt before they are suckered into it.

This is now a health risk, I hope for Inno's sake that they take this fact into consideration. Actually do something to eliminate reasons to be blamed or feel guilty, then all of the negativity and laughs directed at Inno will die down over time. It is far too late for the effect to be immediate, but given time, things will calm to what is generally considered normal. Once that is done, the only stress left will be that which naturally occurs with a project like this and less stress means better health.

So, I played this game pretty much all weekend and I have to say, for something that was originally posted FOUR YEARS AGO to have what seems like such little content and direction is a major disappointment, especially since it's just a text based game.

Like, I know full well how much work actually goes into a text based game since i've written content for multiple games at this point and have attempted to make my own before, and with that knowledge I have to say that with the severe lack of content here (as well as the amount of typos) over such a long period of time smells like a scam on the same levels as Breeding Season or any of Brozeks games.

Serious shame too since the amount I did play was enjoyable enough to check out the post again to learn more about the game, which I only do for games i've enjoyed.
If the other posts i've seen about the amount of money this game is pulling in are true though, then this game should have at least hit v2.0 at least two years ago.

I don't normally comment negatively on things people have made, but this is a very fishy situation at best.
This is also a solo project with a VERY green developer who refuses any and all help, a big mistake considering this is the kind of project that even teams don't take lightly. There have been supposed delays because of supposed game breaking bugs and occasionally they were supposedly severe enough to break literally everything. This is meant to be an open world erotic RPG with sandbox elements set in a world containing nine separate areas plus cities in each, which is the kind of project that you don't go into alone. On top of that, the most recent writing has been mediocre at best, so bad that it made me angry because the characters involved aren't this badly written and deserved way better than they got, Nyan for example.

...does it make sense if i actually say i wish this game got "abandoned"? at least by its original creator.

Because from the pattern i saw in other text-based games, the ones who actually got finished or updated regularly is the ones who either is free (no monthly incentives from supporters) or abandoned and then got picked up by a (more competent) team of modders
No, and you are not alone in that sentiment. I am waiting for the game to be abandoned so that last part comes true. I know at least one person willing to pick the game up from the graveyard personally.

Headgear - Fedora of Enlightenment.

Hands - Fingerless gloves.

Chest = [Insert anime] style t-shirt.

Over-torso - Trenchcoat.

Legs - Cargo shorts.

Feet - Sneakers.

Main weapon - Nippon steel Katana.

Secondary weapon - The book "God delusion" by Richard Dawkins.

Set effects:

-110% tease damage.

-7 physique.

Due to your atheism, arcane powers are disabled.

You now refer to people as "M'lady/GentleSir"

+40% increase in melee damage.

Tease attacks now gives enemies a 24 hour sexual turn-off debuff.

-50 relationship points with Lilya.

Bimbo characters now loathe you.

Starts quest: Rescue your waifu from Chadicus Testosteronimus of Stacey isles.
I could see it, but that tease damage and physique reduction, ouch. I'm not sure it would be worth it except as a roleplaying set that you wouldn't use if you were serious about winning.

They are, of course

Yup. Nothing you said here is wrong.

Don't give her ideas. If she implements this it'll take another month to get any new content.
It'll take another month anyway, this is Inno we're talking about, the dominus of delays. Note: dominus is master in Latin.

Scapdra1

Feb 3, 2021
Looking through all the updates in the past 6 months, my previous hypothesis about Inno having a ghost writer in the beginning of this project is starting to solidify into a theory. the quality and style of writing has changed so drastically its seems like two different people worked on it.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Looking through all the updates in the past 6 months, my previous hypothesis about Inno having a ghost writer in the beginning of this project is starting to solidify into a theory. the quality and style of writing has changed so drastically its seems like two different people worked on it.
Honestly, if Nyan's quest was written by someone else I wouldn't be even slightly surprised. It's not even written like it's for a game. It constantly forces you to follow someone's very specific fantasy and removes basically all player agency and choice. It really feels like someone wrote their fantasy for Nyan and then sort of almost made it into a game, but not really.

HerrLeutnant

Sep 17, 2020
I don't know much about the Dev of this game, but it's starting to give serious YandereDev vibes. The one who streams more than he codes. Not judging either one by the way.

I could see it, but that tease damage and physique reduction, ouch. I'm not sure it would be worth it except as a roleplaying set that you wouldn't use if you were serious about winning.
Hey, atleast it guarantees that your character will be safe from hostile encounters during the arcane storm xD , like...

"Come on, I just wanna fu-... Oh... Ummm, on second thought, I'm good, bye."

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Indeed, the writing in early existing parts isn't bad, not the best, but not nearly as bad as recent additions. The Nyan rework...that is horrifyingly bad to the point of being a near polar opposite in quality.

Honestly, if Nyan's quest was written by someone else I wouldn't be even slightly surprised. It's not even written like it's for a game. It constantly forces you to follow someone's very specific fantasy and removes basically all player agency and choice. It really feels like someone wrote their fantasy for Nyan and then sort of almost made it into a game, but not really.
I mean it WAS a request, so naturally it follows a specific path. I just wish said request had taken the actual character or previous work on her into account and that it didn't end up babying her the entire time. She may be timid, but she is capable of her own decisions and standing up for herself, she would have to be in order to run a business like she does.

I don't know much about the Dev of this game, but it's starting to give serious YandereDev vibes. The one who streams more than he codes. Not judging either one by the way.

Hey, atleast it guarantees that your character will be safe from hostile encounters during the arcane storm xD , like...

"Come on, I just wanna fu-... Oh... Ummm, on second thought, I'm good, bye."
Oh please, even YandereDev is better than this, at least his game is up to demo level, not just early alpha, but a taste of the actual final product. This game isn't even close to that level with only a two year difference. September 1st, 2016 for Lilith's Throne, March 31st, 2014 for Yandere Simulator. The latter is where it should be considering how big a project it is, but the former is well behind where it should be.

As for this set we've been discussing, it does protect from storms, true, but is the cost really worth that.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Shamefully, that's a trap into which so many smut game writers seem to fall. We're dealing with one of mankind's most potent emotions here, after all.

Thrashheap

May 6, 2019
For a trip down memory lane, here's the blog post for New Year's Day, 2019.

This was about a week after Meraxis had her name changed to Meraxis, for those of you who remember back then.

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
Speaking from a writer's POV, that's just lazyness.

If the person has set a goal and that goal must be met, it's better off as a spin-off story than part of a work of interactive fiction.

You can't have it both ways, there's no way to please everyone. In fact, it might even make people who would support the kind of content being used, bitter.

Mar 28, 2018
Lol "does Inno know how to code". But yeah, he/she provides the source code to what looks like tens of thousands of lines of code built on a custom game engine versus a guy who can't even write anything better than if statements. Inno is way out of Yandere's league in terms of code. Correct me if I'm wrong.

His/her code seems to be very easily readable too. I was able to mod the game slightly in my free time. I wouldn't say what he/she is doing is necessarily hard though. Just incredibly time-consuming. He/she needs a team for this game but who would want to split $5000 a month lmfao that would truly suck.

Also, working with people or getting people to help could very well end up with someone completely butchering his/her game or that person suing him/her for whatever reason. Working alone is just way less drama.
Plus, the source code is freely available. If someone wants to create their own game using LT's code they can. They can even start their own development team and I'm pretty sure they can make money off donations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NoStepOnSnek

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
At this point I'd say the biggest issue is the over-reliance on JavaScript. Given that the flame graph indicates that evals consume 70% of all CPU time with much of the rest of that going to the JavaFX libraries, I'd wager (a very small amount, yes, but it still counts!) that the only reason the scheduler is even a factor is because it's the thing that triggers most of those rampant eval calls.
I started replacing the JavaScript engine with Spring EL in my fork today. While the game isn't fully functional yet, the initial results are very promising. If anyone has any heavy saves that they wouldn't mind sharing so that I could give it a more thorough test I would greatly appreciate it! :)

The only downside to my changes is that it's going to break existing XMLs due to the way that SpEL handles expression variables, so I'm going to take the opportunity to make things a bit cleaner on that front as well.

Lol "does Inno know how to code". But yeah, he/she provides the source code to what looks like tens of thousands of lines of code built on a custom game engine versus a guy who can't even write anything better than if statements. Inno is way out of Yandere's league in terms of code. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I tend to agree. From what I've seen, the best parts of YanSim are pre-bought assets while Inno developed LT more or less from scratch. The quality of the code base is all over the damn place, but at least Inno knows what switch statements are. :p

Reactions: LubricatedKitty
Mar 28, 2018
I honestly just want our own houses. It's so annoying having my own harem in someone else's house. The whole entire slave thing in someone else's house is so dumb. Never heard of such a thing in my life. Just ruins the whole slave/guest system

Reactions: Megumin.

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
I honestly just want our own houses. It's so annoying having my own harem in someone else's house. The whole entire slave thing in someone else's house is so dumb. Never heard of such a thing in my life. Just ruins the whole slave/guest system
It's supposed to provide a point of familiarity in this strange magical world and make the main character's situation more relatable for individuals still living with their parents. Inno may be the butt of many jokes here, but this element in particular shows that she has a very good understanding of her audience.

Mar 28, 2018
It's supposed to provide a point of familiarity in this strange magical world and make the main character's situation more relatable for individuals still living with their parents. Inno may be the butt of many jokes here, but this element in particular shows that she has a very good understanding of her audience.
It isn't really all that strange after the first 3 hours of playing it. And I see where you're coming from in regards to living with your parents. The incest dynamic between the PC and Lilaya was great and it's great because you get to live with her, though...
I still don't really understand why people would want a harem in their parent's house. Especailly after they choose to explore the slave system. Inoxia promised that he/she would add support for buying our own houses. It would be nice to have a choice to live on our own, but I have no problem waiting until he/she adds it though. I understand people really want field content and TBH I guess I'd rather have field content as well. Besides I'm too busy to play the game anyway. Hope the game starts to progress sooner or later.

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
Inoxia promised that he/she would add support for buying our own houses
There's a lot of things that was promised for Dominion, but Inno got sidetrack with so many other things along with hitting walls with her own code slow her down so much that she basically get cant get anything meaningful done anymore. Instead of owning property in the city we get a bunch of half assed or unfinished quests.

KoalaSlam

Mar 2, 2020
For those wanting naturally spawning Dragons, you're going to need to do some file modifications.
Dragons, like Hyenas, are not set up to spawn in the world by default. I've previously done a tutorial on fixing this:

The process is basically the same, except for a few caveats
  1. you want to look in the res/race/dsg/dragon/subspecies folder
  2. you need to search for the <worldlocations/> container instead of <worldlocations> as there are no definitions for any of the subspecies
  3. you need to replace the <worldlocations/> container with a set of opening and closing tags (<worldlocations> *your code here* </worldlocations>), be careful of the placement of the slash
Once you've edited the code and rebooted the game, they should start turning up as encounters.
This should also let children spawn as well since I think it's the same code
What do you mean by "Your code"? Honestly im REALLY bad at coding and I dont understand coding language at all even when its explained so I would pretty much need a video tutorial or something. I'm editing the file in notepad++ and am I supposed to replace the worldlocations/ ? I'm trying to find dragon offspring but it says they cant be summoned cause of "sub species thingy" :p Any help is appreciated

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
What do you mean by "Your code"? Honestly im REALLY bad at coding and I dont understand coding language at all even when its explained so I would pretty much need a video tutorial or something. I'm editing the file in notepad++ and am I supposed to replace the worldlocations/ ? I'm trying to find dragon offspring but it says they cant be summoned cause of "sub species thingy" :p Any help is appreciated
In the subspecies folder, the spawns (as well as other information) for most of the races and their sub-races are kept as xml files, which is a language like HTML that the game's code reads to control some parts of the game. Each sub-race of a given race is kept as a separate file in Lilith's Throne/res/race/(mod-maker's name)/(race name)/subspecies. For dragons, it is located in /res/race/dsg/dragon/subspecies , the relevant file in here being dragon.xml
Specifically, there are the <regionLocations> and the <worldLocations> tags within these files, which govern the parts of the world the race can spawn in. The former is for general map areas, and the latter is for specific locations. Each region/location also has a separate spawn rarity defined, which sets the base encounter chance before any multipliers by furry preferences are brought into consideration.
By default, dragons do not spawn in Dominion, since they can only spawn in volcano, desert, and mountain tiles, all of which being part of the world map, which does not have any encounters programmed, thus meaning that they do not natively occur in-game (AFAIK; they might be able to spawn as slaves, but I haven't seen it before). In each of those regions, it is an extremely rare spawn.
To have it spawn in Dominion, there are two options: first, you can simply add Dominion as a region that dragons can spawn in under the regionLocations tag. It would look something like this, assuming you wanted to keep their mystique:
XML:
    <regionLocations>
        <region rarity="ZERO_EXTREMELY_RARE">VOLCANO</region>
        <region rarity="ZERO_EXTREMELY_RARE">DESERT</region>
        <region rarity="ZERO_EXTREMELY_RARE">MOUNTAINS</region>
        <region rarity="ZERO_EXTREMELY_RARE">DOMINION</region>
    </regionLocations>
Alternatively, if you wanted them to spawn in a more specific location, say if you wanted them to spawn in the Nightlife Club, you would have to change <worldLocations/> (which closes itself in the same line since there's nothing to put in) into something like this:
XML:
<worldLocations>
    <world rarity="ZERO_EXTREMELY_RARE">NIGHTLIFE_CLUB</world>
</worldLocations>
There are several options documented in from the source code in case you wanted them to be either more common or even more rare, in which you would change the rarity="" to be your desired rarity. As an example, let's say that dragons, despite living so far away from Dominion, really enjoy clubbing, and fill up the Nightlife club most nights, despite otherwise not being in the city:
XML:
<worldLocations>
    <world rarity="FOUR_COMMON">NIGHTLIFE_CLUB</world>
</worldLocations>
This will cause them to be frequently-seen in the Nightlife Club, though they still won't spawn in Dominion at-large unless you happened to also edit the regionLocations, since worldLocations controls specific parts of the map rather than overarching areas.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

KoalaSlam

Mar 2, 2020
In the subspecies folder, the spawns (as well as other information) for most of the races and their sub-races are kept as xml files, which is a language like HTML that the game's code reads to control some parts of the game. Each sub-race of a given race is kept as a separate file in Lilith's Throne/res/race/(mod-maker's name)/(race name)/subspecies. For dragons, it is located in /res/race/dsg/dragon/subspecies , the relevant file in here being dragon.xml
Specifically, there are the <regionLocations> and the <worldLocations> tags within these files, which govern the parts of the world the race can spawn in. The former is for general map areas, and the latter is for specific locations. Each region/location also has a separate spawn rarity defined, which sets the base encounter chance before any multipliers by furry preferences are brought into consideration.
By default, dragons do not spawn in Dominion, since they can only spawn in volcano, desert, and mountain tiles, all of which being part of the world map, which does not have any encounters programmed, thus meaning that they do not natively occur in-game (AFAIK; they might be able to spawn as slaves, but I haven't seen it before). In each of those regions, it is an extremely rare spawn.
To have it spawn in Dominion, there are two options: first, you can simply add Dominion as a region that dragons can spawn in under the regionLocations tag. It would look something like this, assuming you wanted to keep their mystique:
XML:
    <regionLocations>
        <region rarity="ZERO_EXTREMELY_RARE">VOLCANO</region>
        <region rarity="ZERO_EXTREMELY_RARE">DESERT</region>
        <region rarity="ZERO_EXTREMELY_RARE">MOUNTAINS</region>
        <region rarity="ZERO_EXTREMELY_RARE">DOMINION</region>
    </regionLocations>
Alternatively, if you wanted them to spawn in a more specific location, say if you wanted them to spawn in the Nightlife Club, you would have to change <worldLocations/> (which closes itself in the same line since there's nothing to put in) into something like this:
XML:
<worldLocations>
    <world rarity="ZERO_EXTREMELY_RARE">NIGHTLIFE_CLUB</region>
</worldLocations>
There are several options documented in from the source code in case you wanted them to be either more common or even more rare, in which you would change the rarity="" to be your desired rarity. As an example, let's say that dragons, despite living so far away from Dominion, really enjoy clubbing, and fill up the Nightlife club most nights, despite otherwise not being in the city:
XML:
<worldLocations>
    <world rarity="FOUR_COMMON">NIGHTLIFE_CLUB</region>
</worldLocations>
This will cause them to be frequently-seen in the Nightlife Club, though they still won't spawn in Dominion at-large unless you happened to also edit the regionLocations, since worldLocations controls specific parts of the map rather than overarching areas.

I hope this helps.
Holy crap thanks alot for the explanation! Worked like a charm. I really appreciate you took time out of your day to help my dumb ass out <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: BaloneyAmone

Asavar

Apr 16, 2020
Whats the deal with the npc being ready to "claim your body" and then if you're defeated they just go "i aint gonna force you tho lol"
kinda immersion breaking

Reactions: Megumin.
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes