IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I lurk here periodically to collect feedback, combat data, and bugs on content I submit. Mostly the first one.
Also seeing the emotional investment people have is amusing/frightening.

I felt compelled to speak this time because "more useless items" has been a consistent criticism of what I contribute, not just here, so if even a related quest (which is not particularly deep or interesting unless you are some kind of lore nerd, I admit) still makes it bloat then it is time for me to shift gears.

Combat was even less interesting, in my opinion, before the AP system, and I have tried to diversify what I have, but if no one cares then no one cares.
IMO, I think what people really want at the moment are more meaningful changes; gameplay overhauls, more quality writing, story progression, performance and stability improvement, etc. People want to see the game move forward, in a consistent way, and not just sideways. They want to see improvement.

Clothing, tattoos and weapons are nice but at the end of the day they are just fluff additions. LT has been getting a plethora of side and minor content for a long time now, to the detriment of other (major) areas. Every time someone adds more fluff, it feels like you're committing the same sin Inno has been doing for the past 2-3 years, which is working on stuff that shouldn't be a priority right now. Now, this isn't actually your fault - you're just a modder working with the templates that are available to you... but what the game needs right now goes beyond of what those templates offer.

It doesn't help that some people feel like Inno is riding on other's contributions to inflate a changelog that would otherwise be rather bare-bones in terms of consistency and quality. (This was true even before her break.) Of course, at the end of the day you're not obliged to anything - you create what you want to create and if someone doesn't like it, they can skip it. I'm just giving my 2cents.

Last edited:

PussyPassAnon

Dec 18, 2018
Drama-mongering masquerading as innocent commentary, combined with intentional ignorance of context to make innocuous comments seem targeted.

Seems like we have visitors. Caution highly advised.

I'm honestly surprised that no one else has comment on the blog update. Have we finally normalized how little Inno contributes compared to the volunteers? At this point they're adding and fixing core mechanics, adding quest content, and more item bloat that absolutely no one cares about because combat in this game is a joke lol
I don't think it's been "normalized;" it's still something you wouldn't expect from a Dev that claims to want to do solo work on a game. We just don't kid ourselves about what the result is going to be. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if Inno eventually stopped contributing core mechanics and a group of loyal modders basically started doing the work there as well. It's not what I expect to happen; it just wouldn't be a shocking result, given the current pattern and environment.

Reactions: Megumin.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I lurk here periodically to collect feedback, combat data, and bugs on content I submit. Mostly the first one.
Also seeing the emotional investment people have is amusing/frightening.

I felt compelled to speak this time because "more useless items" has been a consistent criticism of what I contribute, not just here, so if even a related quest (which is not particularly deep or interesting unless you are some kind of lore nerd, I admit) still makes it bloat then it is time for me to shift gears.

Combat was even less interesting, in my opinion, before the AP system, and I have tried to diversify what I have, but if no one cares then no one cares.
Just because it was more shit before doesn't mean its good now. I know the whole "don't let better be the enemy of perfect" thing, but that only applies when "better" doesn't make it harder to continue improving.

Honestly, this is a problem that's caused by the very thing everyone here keeps complaining about. Combat and the game's progression cannot be fixed as long as the games development is completely stopped. There's been zero main-story progress for what feels likes two or three years now. And the game's progression wasn't designed to be future proofed. At this point, the entire system is going to need to be either redesigned from the ground up, or every encounter in the game is going to need to be rebalanced.

And this is only going to be a bigger issue going forward, because it wasn't future proofed at all. There's no built in scaling or progression that'll be easy to work with.

And getting beyond that, the other reason a lot of people hate item bloat is because the game's inventory system is an RSI inducing trash pile. Trying to clear stuff you don't want out of your inventory is just annoying, so much so that I straight up delete items from the save file rather than spamming 'click and sell' for 10 minutes straight. It's like someone looked at Terraria's inventory system, something that has been universally agreed upon as being the worst part of Terraria, and said "how do I make a worse version of this?" Getting handed a bunch of items that won't fit within the game's progression just gives you annoying busy work to deal with.

Meh…yeah, kinda. I just wanted to evangelize C, dammit. :p
Don't worry, I'll do it for us.

Prawnboy99

Jul 21, 2018
So I've been having a problem with my game. I use to be able to play fine, but now my resolution when I start up the game is fucked and half the options are not accessible. This happened for all versions of game I have, even previous downloads. I also tried to re-download the game and it didn't help either.

This has happened before in the past, where I'll play fine and then out of no-where the games res becomes fucked one time I load into it. But usually it'll be fixed if I just re-download or get the newest update.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
So I've been having a problem with my game. I use to be able to play fine, but now my resolution when I start up the game is fucked and half the options are not accessible. This happened for all versions of game I have, even previous downloads. I also tried to re-download the game and it didn't help either.

This has happened before in the past, where I'll play fine and then out of no-where the games res becomes fucked one time I load into it. But usually it'll be fixed if I just re-download or get the newest update.
Do you normally change your Win10 display settings (for reading, etc)? There are some options that alter the size of text, apps, or both.

Reactions: Yel213

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Messed around with it and it seemed to work, thanks! :) (y)
(Not on a Windows box at the moment, so apologies in advance for any inaccuracies!)

If you wanted to be able to freely change your Windows 10 display settings and ensure that Lilith's Throne remains readable, you can change its scaling settings. To do this, right-click on the Lilith's Throne EXE, select "properties," go into the "compatibility" tab, and click on the "high DPI" button. There should be an option near the bottom of the dialog that lets you override the scaling behavior. If you set that to "Application," Windows will let LT handle its own display scaling.

DSGMods

Jan 26, 2018
but what the game needs right now goes beyond of what those templates offer.
I have moved into translating other people's writing into quests and NPCs. It's still side content, but hopefully that will be more palatable.

At this point, the entire system is going to need to be either redesigned from the ground up, or every encounter in the game is going to need to be rebalanced.

And this is only going to be a bigger issue going forward, because it wasn't future proofed at all. There's no built in scaling or progression that'll be easy to work with.
There is little interest in balance, this is true. I gave up a while ago because all combat data is poisoned by exploits so all stats just follow an arbitrary linear progression now. The intent, for now at least, is to balance at the end.

Plumpunikitty

May 7, 2019
So, I'm guessing now is not the most appropriate time to talk about a mod that I'm working about.
Anyway, it's quite a shame to see the game be stagnant for so long. I do hope for the best for Inno and their game.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I have moved into translating other people's writing into quests and NPCs. It's still side content, but hopefully that will be more palatable.
Dope, nothing wrong with that. The game could use some new, well written quests and NPCs.

There is little interest in balance, this is true. I gave up a while ago because all combat data is poisoned by exploits so all stats just follow an arbitrary linear progression now. The intent, for now at least, is to balance at the end.
And that loops us back around to what I was saying, and the issue this part of the community has taken with the game (so much so that Inno had to boot us all from the blog comments), there's no end in site.

In fact, I'm still not confident that there's *progress* towards the end in site. It's been years. It's been straight up a year of us being told that she's working on the *filler* for the next area. And we're now two months late, past the new estimated release that was already seven months late. And that wasn't even the first estimate. And the last update says she's getting *started* on it...

And the biggest kicker of this all is how incredibly stupid this design approach is. Wait until the end to make the progression and combat systems work? That's absolute insanity. Design your systems to be future proof and scalable from the start, or you're going to have infinitely more work to do later. So much so that we'll likely never see those reworks happen.

I'm someone who loves talking about game design and game writing, and while this is a game I haven't touched in months now, it's one hell of an entertaining train wreck to watch and talk about. Wayyyyy back when I worked retail jobs, I once got featured in a training video for a large "don't do this!" segement. They literally took security footage of me doing something stupid (climbing three-story pallet racking lol) and used it as an example of something you should never do. This game has turned into that, but for game development lol

So, I'm guessing now is not the most appropriate time to talk about a mod that I'm working about.
Anyway, it's quite a shame to see the game be stagnant for so long. I do hope for the best for Inno and their game.
Fuck no, this is the perfect time. We're going on months with no new content except for a half-assed, half finished romance quest. If people who are still willing don't mod in content, there will never be new content lol

I'm probably the second harshest person here towards the game, and I can say with absolutely certainty that you should feel more than comfortable sharing whatever mod you feel like working on.

Plumpunikitty

May 7, 2019
I'll be honest with you guys I just wanted an excuse to post what I said, Seeing you guys where talking mods and knowing DSG lurks around here. I'm away from my Gaming Workstation so I can't really show you what have now. Fortunately I do have these images.
images said:
20210405_182059.jpg 20210405_182033.jpg
Currently I'm working on a small modpack focusing on Australia.
Originally I was just planning on three races (Kangaroos, "Tasmania Tigers", and Emus). Eventually I decided to add Dingos, Koalas, and Bandicoots (as a joke). Right now I'm working up on fishing the design of the weapons and testing them a bit.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I'll be honest with you guys I just wanted an excuse to post what I said, Seeing you guys where talking mods and knowing DSG lurks around here. I'm away from my Gaming Workstation so I can't really show you what have now. Fortunately I do have these images.
Uhhh, what are the pics for?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
And that loops us back around to what I was saying, and the issue this part of the community has taken with the game (so much so that Inno had to boot us all from the blog comments), there's no end in site.
'No end in sight': Same goes for the constant stream of anger, hate and repetition of the same arguments over and over.
For several pages now it has been nothing but repeating each others sentences - just with minor changes in wording. Maybe its time to also create an end to that and get back to some more substantial topics around the game.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Drop bears with related racial perk or riot.

And I look forward to kukris, boomerangs, and for purely meme purposes/silly mode giant darts and piss jars.

Uhhh, what are the pics for?
Ready the blurb at the bottom of the spoiler lol

'No end in sight': Same goes for the constant stream of anger, hate and repetition of the same arguments over and over.
For several pages now it has been nothing but repeating each others sentences - just with minor changes in wording. Maybe its time to also create an end to that and get back to some more substantial topics around the game.
Yeah, it's kind of like there hasn't been any updates in months.

Got anything new you'd like to talk about? Like I said, I'm always down to discuss writing and design. And answer question, but that's not really discussion worthy.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes