IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
'No end in sight': Same goes for the constant stream of anger, hate and repetition of the same arguments over and over.
For several pages now it has been nothing but repeating each others sentences - just with minor changes in wording. Maybe its time to also create an end to that and get back to some more substantial topics around the game.
Uhhh... have you missed the part where people talked about the code and working on their own branches of the game, namely to clean house and improve performance? Aside from that... what else are we supposed to talk about? The game hasn't really made any significant progress in several months. The new updates are just more of the same - still more stuff getting prioritized over the Fields. Now it's PRs. I don't want to be rude but it's kind of hard to come up with something new to discuss when there's really no "trigger" for it.

The anger is not going to dissipate until Inno actually does something to earn people's respect again. And that's all I'm saying on the matter.

Alternatively, instead of adding more wood to the fire - maybe bring something to the discussion? Try to steer it in the direction you want? Do you have suggestions or ideas? Maybe some bug reports? Want to join the "technicals" and drop your wisdom on how to improve the code? The world is your oyster.

Last edited:

Plumpunikitty

May 7, 2019
Drop bears with related racial perk or riot.
DSG already made bears, unless you were referring to something else.

I might be showing my age a little here, but I wish more games/mods were inspired by UT2004 maps. :unsure:
Definitely not just you. UT2k4 was the fucking best.
I managed to get a copy of UT2k4 way past its prime, I think a decade ago. So I missed out on a lot of stuff. A good chunk of my inspiration/ideas came from the Ty the Tasmanian Tiger series. Then UT2K4 and smudge of Kao The Kangaroo.

Reactions: Sarkath

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Speaking of the technical side of things, has there been any real headway in regard to the performance? The game's ran like Sims 3 since back when the staring area was randomly generated.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
I'll be honest with you guys I just wanted an excuse to post what I said, Seeing you guys where talking mods and knowing DSG lurks around here. I'm away from my Gaming Workstation so I can't really show you what have now. Fortunately I do have these images.
Them Koala's poison shielding is gonna be high af lol

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Plumpunikitty I think he was alluding to Koalas. I seem to recall reading a joke article a couple of years ago about Koalas going nuts at certain times of the year and dropping onto unsuspecting people and mauling them.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Speaking of the technical side of things, has there been any real headway in regard to the performance? The game's ran like Sims 3 since back when the staring area was randomly generated.
I'm working on some performance improvements. I have a couple of write-ups (with GitHub links) here:

Status effect update deferral: https://f95zone.to/threads/liliths-throne-v0-3-20-innoxia.3564/post-5475906
Saved game optimization: https://f95zone.to/threads/liliths-throne-v0-3-20-innoxia.3564/post-5483545

I'm planning to open pull requests upstream after I do some more testing and verification.

The anger is not going to dissipate until Inno actually does something to earn people's respect again. And that's all I'm saying on the matter.
I think the anger more or less turned to apathy at this point. The past few pages have been pretty tame compared to the firestorm from about a month or so ago.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
DSG already made bears, unless you were referring to something else.
Drop Bears are a fictional species from australia just to mess with those people who believe animals are crazy in australia. Think koalas that wait for you to walk under them, and then they drop on you and eat your face. Hence the name lol

Plumpunikitty I think he was alluding to Koalas. I seem to recall reading a joke article a couple of years ago about Koalas going nuts at certain times of the year and dropping onto unsuspecting people and mauling them.
Yeah sorta. Except in this case it's just a fictional species made up to mess with people who think Australia's animals are super crazy

Reactions: anubis1970

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Or even compared to other sites for that matter. Then again, admittedly, the site I'm referring to is like that anyways...tame just isn't in their nature. Personally, I've just kind of accepted that the game won't really be able to get out of the mud it's in unless either Inno makes a pretty drastic shift in direction or modders/others take it elsewhere. It is what it is. Good to hear some are taking some measures in that regard.

Sep 16, 2018
Its a new location for the now overly complicated commission that is Nyan.
Its beside the Shopping Arcade in the center of the city, and involves SAT levels of memory retention to successfully complete.
Nyan is now a secret billionaire heiress with Mommy issues, and her mother is a literal cougar.

While going through the Nyan and Rat content, remember it took a literal year, and is the only first party content Inno has released in a year. Nyan was so important Inno delayed everything else. By a year.
Hey now, to be fair she didn't finish Nyan's content either

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
This is just a friendly reminder that we have an unofficial reddit page for Lilith's Throne.
(Consider it a secondary meeting place in case this thread ever goes kaput).

Reactions: PussyPassAnon

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
You can still turn them back on in the options menu.
for now at least. i still fear that eventually the feature will get cut entirely in favor for the elemental who by comparison are severally limited interaction wise. the feature being dropped for support can really be felt in some scenes and (if) the game progresses I wouldnt be shocked if Inno eventually removes the feature for "reasons".

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
for now at least. i still fear that eventually the feature will get cut entirely in favor for the elemental who by comparison are severally limited interaction wise. the feature being dropped for support can really be felt in some scenes and (if) the game progresses I wouldnt be shocked if Inno eventually removes the feature for "reasons".
There are two possibilities here; they either get added through mods or re-implemented after the big "1.0" official release. I believe the former is more likely as companions are/were a beloved feature and a lot of people would be happy to have back sooner rather than later. I do not envy whoever decides to pick up that gargantuan task though.

For now, though, we may have lost permanent companions but the tradeoff is that we will be getting temporary ones (in the form of actual NPCs) that will supposedly have more "meat" to them. When it happens.

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
There are two possibilities here; they either get added through mods or re-implemented after the big "1.0" official release. I believe the former is more likely as companions are/were a beloved feature and a lot of people would be happy to have back sooner rather than later. I do not envy whoever decides to pick up that gargantuan task though.

For now, though, we may have lost permanent companions but the tradeoff is that we will be getting temporary ones (in the form of actual NPCs) that will supposedly have more "meat" to them. When it happens.
I'd trust modders to pick up the tab on this feature. I dont believe for a second that we'll get the feature back officially. As for the "tradeoff" alternative, even if that was a thing its just the same thing that TiTs does when you get a temporary NPC companion you only get in a linear quest so thats nothing special. The companion system in this game was one of the things that set this game apart, gutting it is a huge blow and there's really no replacing it with simple op battle bots (elementals) or temporary npcs that only hangout for a quest. But even now im still much more upset about Inno lying about why the feature was removed then the removal itself. Its bad enough to leave people disappointed, its another to lie about it and that only makes things worse when there was no need to in the first place.

Last edited:

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
The companion system in this game was one of the things that set this game apart, gutting it is a huge blow and there's really no replacing it with simple op battle bots (elementals) or temporary npcs that only hangout for a quest.
Yeah, but the main problem is that the way they were implemented increases the complexity of character interactions exponentially. It's not really due to any coding issues, but rather due to the innate complexity of the game world and mechanics, and all of that time and effort would be going to content that the majority of players are unlikely to see.

For example, the interaction between Brax and Sean in Slaver Alley has dialogue for Brax, Bree (femme Brax), and Brandi (subby, bimbo Brax), with lines for Brax with a covered mouth, as well as Brax-specific pregnancy reactions. This is on top of the various reactions to the player character, which all have their own unique dialogue, and the more you build out the world the worse it gets. Even AAA RPG like Mass Effect, with massive teams and EA-sized budgets, aren't that bold when it comes to character interactions.

That said, I think removing the feature altogether is a bit much. I think a more balanced approach would have been to allow for companions but largely leave them out of the NPC dialogue altogether. It would make things a bit less "personal" but it would remove a great deal of complexity while still letting the player wander around with someone that has a bit of personality.

Hey hey, mod idea! Maybe make it so that as the player move around they occasionally make comments about the area that you're in. For example, walking by the Enforcer HQ with Brax might give a certain reaction depending on his affection with you. If he hates you, is disobedient, and is still dommy, he'll make his bitterness well-known. If he likes you, he might remark that, slave or not, getting to adventure with you is better than the daily grind ever was. It would make it feel like you were building a relationship with the NPC rather than them simply being a set of stats on a computer screen, yet it wouldn't be nearly as bonkers as trying to create complex NPC<->NPC relationships.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I for one think Inno was telling the truth. (*Audience gasps!*) Many of us know the code in LT is basically an Elder God in the form of spaghetti. Said code is not shrinking or getting any easier to manager. When she said she had to ditch it because it was becoming too much of a hassle to maintain, I believe her. I am not happy with the decision but I understand. Though it does raise the question on what might get axed in the future, should another similar situation arise.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes