doomtrack

Feb 3, 2018
Best of luck! I hope this was helpful. :)
Bro I really appreciate that tutorial and that you took your time to try and help me, sincerely thank you. However I am still fucking lost as there isn't a play button in sight or any dropdown menu that lets me build anything on any of the programs lmao so back to google I go.

Apr 22, 2018
A long while back my husband wrote a guide for doing this, if I can find the link for it I'll post it here. The only difference is it used the community edition of IntelliJ vs Eclipse (and honestly the IntelliJ Community edition in my opinion is better than Eclipse for simple development).

Edit: Found it!

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I second Shadowheart. I have built LT on both Eclipse and InteliJ and found that the latter was just better. Eclipse throws a lot of errors and issues that you have to manually workaround. It's a pain in the butt. InteliJ takes a little longer to configure the first time but becomes easier after that.

doomtrack

Feb 3, 2018
A long while back my husband wrote a guide for doing this, if I can find the link for it I'll post it here. The only difference is it used the community edition of IntelliJ vs Eclipse (and honestly the IntelliJ Community edition in my opinion is better than Eclipse for simple development).

Edit: Found it!

That helped but I get a "java: warning: source release 11 requires target release 11" error at the end. I tried changing the java version in project structure but that didn't help. Do I need to download and use JDK 11 instead of 1.8?

Apr 22, 2018
Assuming that you have correctly installed version 8 of java, there could be a multitude of reasons for this to occur. First I'll ask if your project structure looks like so:

2021-04-08 12_00_16-Project Structure.png
The guide called for you to change both the project language level and the sdk. If that still doesn't fix the issue, then navigate to the file menu and go to the settings menu (preferences if on Mac). And navigate to the Build, Execution, Deployment dropdown, choose Java Compiler and make sure that the project bytecode version is 8.

2021-04-08 12_04_40-drop.png
That is what it should look like. If you are still running into the error let me know and I'll see if I can still help.

doomtrack

Feb 3, 2018
Lilliths throne run error.png
I changed the number in source, compiler etc and that seemed to get rid of it. Now I am running into these errors and I am wondering if this is normal trying to run sarkeths additions or if I fucked up somewhere.

Apr 22, 2018
This is not a problem on your end now, this is an actual code problem, and needs to be resolved by the repo maintainer or you are supposed to checkout a working branch. Let's ask and find out.

Sarkath It seems your branch still contains some unresolved conflicts. Or are they supposed to checkout a specific branch?

Reactions: doomtrack
Apr 22, 2018
It looks like you are actually supposed to checkout a specific branch, so let's do that.

It's really easy, go to View > Tool Windows > Terminal

This will open up a terminal where you can input some commands. Lets input the necessary commands.

type in:

git checkout feature/save-perf-improvement

and hit enter. That should checkout the working branch. Then you can try recompiling it again.

jamesalexian

Apr 7, 2018
So I'm guessing someone has already asked this before. But, how the hell do you do the slime quest?
Once you've got the quest, beat a slime in submission. The slime will tell you about the slime queen. She's on an island in the lake of the bat caverns. I think the bat caverns are somewhere on the western side of submission. I am pretty sure you can reach it on safe tiles.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Sarkath It seems your branch still contains some unresolved conflicts. Or are they supposed to checkout a specific branch?
I think I see what happened. It looks like doomtrack cloned my repo instead of Inno's. Unlike Inno's repo, mine defaults to my "transformed" branch, which is a highly experimental branch that combines all of my patchsets to date (the SpEL switch, deferred status effects, and the save performance update) and is clearly branded as a modification of LT to better fit the license requirements. This explains why they were running into errors referencing JDK 11, as Transformed! targets that version of the JDK instead of 8. I think the transformed branch also has my original, buggy implementation of the save improvements, which would have caused that merge conflict to occur.

tl;dr switching directly to the feature/save-perf-improvement branch was definitely the right thing to do in this case. :p

I just want to say thank you to everyone chiming in on this. I was so fucking lost that I couldn't even find the correct place to start tutorial wise and was about to give up, I love you fellow degenerates.
<3

Reactions: doomtrack

Karenchik

Aug 11, 2018
Hey guys I can't proceed the Slime Queen quest, I'm just standing at the lake and beating bats and slimes. Am I doing something wrong?

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Hey guys I can't proceed the Slime Queen quest, I'm just standing at the lake and beating bats and slimes. Am I doing something wrong?
After meeting a slime in a neutral Submission tunnel tile, you need to go back to Claire and tell her that you went into the tunnels after she told you not to. She'll then tell you not to go to the Bat Caverns. Then go to the Bat Caverns.

LoliNep

Nov 17, 2018
so ive been wonder and thonking, i think npcs should request and us condoms instead of having sterility pills, of course some npc can have them but i think a majority should use rubbers instead cause well rubbers are kinda useless atm.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
so ive been wonder and thonking, i think npcs should request and us condoms instead of having sterility pills, of course some npc can have them but i think a majority should use rubbers instead cause well rubbers are kinda useless atm.
You can put condoms on them yourself, you know.

Amarok909

Oct 31, 2019
yeah i know, but the only person in the whole game who can use condoms is you, you have to pass them out like rations in the great depression
Npcs will put on condoms when they "have a negative fetish desire towards the 'cum stud' fetish, or who have a non-positive desire towards impregnation and who are having sex with someone with a vagina" as of 3.8.5, enforcers followed suit in 3.8.6
So if no one is putting on a condom, check their fetishes, they just might not want to.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes