anon707

Jun 13, 2018
yeah i know, but the only person in the whole game who can use condoms is you, you have to pass them out like rations in the great depression
it makes me wonder why condoms are thing to begin with if (most) npcs dont use or have them. from a narrative and in game logic standpoint they're much cheaper than pills which are suppose to expensive because lilith's wants people to breed like rabbits for over population. Yet broke ass prostitutes who will do anything for money can afford pills on a daily basis but wont ever resort to the cheaper alternative. And before someone mentions that pills are actually cheaper than condoms in the long run, that is true, but most people dont really think that far ahead. a lot of people generally just see the upfront cost of something and just buy that in the moment (ie fast food). Its funny to me anyway why they're worried about getting pregnant when there's hardly a consequence to it anyway unlike the real world.

The only one who uses condoms are the enforcers who can potentially rape you. But its funny considering that unlike the prostitutes they should be able to afford pills but dont use them. They probably only use condoms to prevent leaving behind evidence that they raped you (which is also pretty silly since they put the condoms in your inventory anyway) and not really just to avoid getting you pregnant as they will use condoms even if you have no vagina. They also only use regular condoms so if they're a horse who jet sprays cum like a firehose then too bad.

Then there's the fact that no one has a real reactions to condoms except for your aunt who has a legitimate reason not to get pregnant............... yet even she doesnt have her own supply of condoms (or take fertility pills or enchants her clothing), she expects YOU to do it despite her absolute discontent with getting pregnantyet will STILL let you go raw and trusts that you wont bust inside.

I just find the whole backwards treatment of condoms funny yet annoying at the same time.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Its funny to me anyway why they're worried about getting pregnant when there's hardly a consequence to it anyway unlike the real world.
A large part of this is because despite the depth of the game's transformation system, the personality and job system is very rigid and binary. Characters with the pregnancy fetish will pop fertility pills like they're candy (and they always bring at least two!), characters with an aversion to cum will always use condoms…stuff like that. NPCs don't really have an inventory of sorts, they'll just magic items out of thin air as their fetish list calls for them. It's a bit immersion-breaking if you really think about it beyond satisfying the AI's need.

That also reminds me of some of the issues with the sex system, such as how you, as a dominant party, might stop intercrural only for your sub to immediately start doing it again (unless you restrict control and leave them as little more than a glorified sex toy, which I feel is going way too far in the opposite direction). The game is somewhat consistent about satisfying the needs and desires of the NPC at the detriment of the world and general situation. A bit of randomness and "learning" (i.e. not doing the thing the PC just stopped) would go a long way to making interactions more believable.

Some sort of deeper NPC simulation (i.e. tracking funds, buying food, making fetish-related purchases daily, etc) would be nice to see. At this time it would likely worsen the game's already-present performance issues, though it would be nice to see something like that modded in (and possibly upstreamed?) down the road, assuming the engine improves.

And, with all that in mind…

Then there's the fact that no one has a real reactions to condoms except for your aunt who has a legitimate reason not to get pregnant............... yet even she doesnt have her own supply of condoms (or take fertility pills or enchants her clothing), she expects YOU to do it despite her absolute discontent with getting pregnantyet will STILL let you go raw and trusts that you wont bust inside.
Yeah, that's always bothered me, especially seeing as she has the financial means to do this as well as a damn good reason. Hell, you'd think she'd at least get the hint if you finish inside of her once, but not only does her behavior remain surprisingly stubborn, but there's also no real consequence to the player if they continue to be a dick.

In a way I kind of think that it's a bit of an intentional character trait. During some parts of the story she does come off as kinda bratty and hypocritical, but even if we assume that she's selfish enough to force the PC to cover the cost of contraceptives it's odd that she would continue to continue to trust the player to pull out from that point forward, especially given the way she treats Arthur for what is arguably a less egregious offense.

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
A large part of this is because despite the depth of the game's transformation system, the personality and job system is very rigid and binary.
Oh I know this for sure. I already knew the mechanical reasons behind it, thats why I said from a narrative and gameplay perspective it just makes no sense as to why and how the characters use and react to contraception.

characters with an aversion to cum will always use condoms…stuff like that.
Is that actually a thing? I've never seen this happen. the only npcs i see use condoms are the cops but never any random street npc, or at least a npc that has the aversion to cum. at most they just either refuse to cum inside or ask you not to cum inside, at least for me. idk if i have something turned off or what.

In a way I kind of think that it's a bit of an intentional character trait. During some parts of the story she does come off as kinda bratty and hypocritical, but even if we assume that she's selfish enough to force the PC to cover the cost of contraceptives it's odd that she would continue to continue to trust the player to pull out from that point forward, especially given the way she treats Arthur for what is arguably a less egregious offense.
Even if that was the actual reason for her not supplying contraception, its still pretty stupid for a character like her. Condoms fail, even she should know that. Why would she trust you using some flimsy rubber (she doesnt know what kind it is) over a pill that offers much better results (even the pill can fail if any one party's virility/fertility is through the roof). And there's definitely a difference between being selfish and being a flat out cheapskate if her reasoning is to make you pay for everything when its her body thats on the line and not yours. I get that she's mainly with rose so contraception isnt needed, but its clear she's open to sexual affairs with other people, and if she's that damn cheap to not have any sort of contraception what so ever than just flat out dumb, and thats without even going into how she'll just let you cum inside over and over again no matter how many times you do it.

Speaking of Lilaya, there's still no real explanation for her hypocrisy with getting you pregnant but not the other way around.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Is that actually a thing? I've never seen this happen. the only npcs i see use condoms are the cops but never any random street npc, or at least a npc that has the aversion to cum. at most they just either refuse to cum inside or ask you not to cum inside, at least for me. idk if i have something turned off or what.
Can't say I have, either. I'm just going based on what Amarok909 mentioned above, lol. Looks like it's a pretty recent change, and it's been a while since I've played casually.

Even if that was the actual reason for her not supplying contraception, its still pretty stupid for a character like her. Condoms fail, even she should know that. Why would she trust you using some flimsy rubber (she doesnt know what kind it is) over a pill that offers much better results (even the pill can fail if any one party's virility/fertility is through the roof). And there's definitely a difference between being selfish and being a flat out cheapskate if her reasoning is to make you pay for everything when its her body thats on the line and not yours.
This is kind of a reach, but if I were forced at gunpoint to justify the way she's written I'd chalk it up to her being used to being with Rose, coupled with her being a bit of a scatterbrain. She hints in the dialogue that the player's aura is the thing making her horny, so maybe she doesn't spend much time with people with functional dicks after her fling with Arthur ended.

Of course, it's entirely possible that I'm just overthinking this. :p

Speaking of Lilaya, there's still no real explanation for her hypocrisy with getting you pregnant but not the other way around.
Yeah, her complete nonchalance bugs me. Considering that she goes totally nuclear on your ass if you fuck up, you'd think she'd at least be a little apologetic or reluctant.

Speaking of her hypocrisy, a big part of the reason I think she may have been intentionally written like this is the "Lilaya's Hypocrisy" cheat in the BUGGY menu.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
You all are acting like this stuff is all intentional. I think she's just badly written.

And the reason condoms don't get used like they're "supposed to" is that the system wasn't well thought out, so it's an edge case that rarely happens. And even when it can happen, it normally doesn't because the player is in the dominant position. And they just never went back and modified old content like Lilaya to use them.

It's not an intentional, thought through design choice, it's just something that they never bothered worrying about

Reactions: B2B2 and IvoryOwl

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
It's gotten to the point now where every person i encounter is my kid and i have to beat my kids to get them out the game.
Even if its a quickie wrap that sticky
Funniest part on the game for me is getting a tattoo and chosing for it to tell me the number of "offsprings fathered" and i'm like "ok, should be maybe 10, perhaps 15, i've had sex a few times but mostly with my slaves so i don't think it be higher than-75 offsprings...WHAT?¡"

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
What are the odds we get an update again this weekend. It's been another week since the post-vacation update. I'm curious how it'll look without three weeks of contributor padding lol

I have a feeling we might be back to radio silence until the field's filler content is added.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
What are the odds we get an update again this weekend. It's been another week since the post-vacation update. I'm curious how it'll look without three weeks of contributor padding lol

I have a feeling we might be back to radio silence until the field's filler content is added.
I don't know, man. The Easter update indicated that 0.4 was gonna be the next release for rizzle no bullshit this tiem u guise, but the ETA is back to "when it's ready". Even if we do get an update, what's the chance that it'll be anything of substance?

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
From her April 4th post...
As mentioned in my previous post, I've so far been mainly focused on getting PRs merged from github and getting some other small things fixed and implemented. I've got a few more PRs which I'm planning on merging tomorrow, and then starting on Monday (((April 5th))) I'm going to be testing some changes to the world map (to try and get it into a state that's a little less tedious to explore). After that, I'll be making the map for Elis, adding the initial encounter which will really start off the Fields' main quest content, and adding a couple more pieces of content for that area.

I'll most likely be making another post to give you a progress update some time towards the end of next week (((April 10-11th))). I'll hopefully also have a rough release date ready for you then, but I'm trying not to commit to giving release dates which might not be met, so I can't guarantee that I'll have one for you.
This means we're due a progress report this weekend but the actual release is still some time away.
My guess is either a week or two from now.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
From her April 4th post...

This means we're due a progress report this weekend but the actual release is still some time away.
My guess is either a week or two from now.
Yeah, I'm waiting for that progress update. Probably 4am on Sunday again. But like, 80% of the time we're told an update is coming it doesn't, so back to "what are the odds we actually get an update?" And I guess I answered the question, like 20%, based on all the time I've been watching this lol

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
Actually.. if you read her text, there is. She doesn't want to give birth to Imps, which is the only thing she can give birth to before being transformed into a full demon herself later in the game.. you know, that point we've been stuck at for years?

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
Actually.. if you read her text, there is. She doesn't want to give birth to Imps, which is the only thing she can give birth to before being transformed into a full demon herself later in the game.. you know, that point we've been stuck at for years?
that still doesnt really explain why she's okay with fathering imps when she's still contributing to the problem, and the other demons dont really seem to mind either or. producing imps is apparently some big deal yet demons like kate or amber or the ones in submissions dont seem to give a damn at all.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Me thinks the dev is watching the thread again.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So basically, the only deliverable after a week is part of a single encounter having been written. But at least this time it's not "about to start working on fields content" and instead actually says that fields content has been worked on. That's an improvement. Credit where credit is due, this is the first update in a long while where like, it's actually clear what content and systems are being worked on, and how much has been done. I'll save criticism about how long it should take to write a single encounter for now, because specifics are nice.

Of course, the last update said that the city's map hasn't been started and this pretty much confirms it. So we're probably a month or two away if re-working the entire map system is the new distraction. For once, I'm in favor of the distraction. If you're going to do a rework, getting the rework done BEFORE adding new content that'll complicate the process is a smart move. But fucking make that the priority, and fucking communicate that intention.

As a counter point, remember when 4.0 was supposed to be coming out at the end of February? Or August... Maybe at this point it needs to be done first, but with future proofing in mind.

Amarok909

Oct 31, 2019
producing imps is apparently some big deal yet demons like kate or amber or the ones in submissions dont seem to give a damn at all.
Full demons and Half-demon morphs don't need to worry about imps unless breeding with an imp, half-demon humans like Lilaya do as .

but yeah, it is weird that for someone so concerned with imps, she doesn't mind filling you with them. Maybe in LT society, the 'mother' of imps bears all the social stigma while the 'father' gets off scott free; But that's just a theory until word of god has anything to say on the matter

Reactions: NODOGAN

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
So, after faffing about on 3.20 for a solid few days, I went to clean up my files... and found that LT had somehow become a 25 gigabyte folder... I had somehow accumulated a single NOTEPAD file marked "error" in LT's data folder that was 23.4 gigabytes.

Was this always happening and I just did not notice? Because... that's a lot of error... 23 gig notepad...
For reference LT's README is 82 kilobytes...

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes