anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Gotta say out of all the species added i'm surprised we've gotten things such as Spiders and Snakes but no Monkeys yet, i'd imagine that they would be easy to flavor when it comes to the racial bonuses (either making them all combat centered since "Saiyan/Sun Wukong" inspiration, or all tease/lust based after Bonobos/Monkey races which are very sexually active)
I just downloaded a mod from the discord that adds ape-morphs. There are three subspecies, Chimp (the main), Gorilla and Orangutan.

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
So, after faffing about on 3.20 for a solid few days, I went to clean up my files... and found that LT had somehow become a 25 gigabyte folder... I had somehow accumulated a single NOTEPAD file marked "error" in LT's data folder that was 23.4 gigabytes.

Was this always happening and I just did not notice? Because... that's a lot of error... 23 gig notepad...
For reference LT's README is 82 kilobytes...
holy shit you're not kidding, how did this become nearly 20 gigs?
LT.png

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Marlin Brandy If you have a log file taking up that much space - delete it. Personally, I would investigate it as much as possible (imagine opening a 20GB text file) to try and figure out how the file came to be, exactly. And then backup the gamesave and nuke the whole game from orbit before downloading it anew and firing it up again. Just in case. :whistle:

If you have no "how dare you fat shame me" file...well, technical details aside: you have a problem. While the difference between "Size" and "Size on disk" is almost always present, 20GB difference for a 550MB folder (of ~2500 files) would be akin to winning quite the lottery (not as big as the "Size and Size On Disk match to the byte" lottery, though).

Last edited:
Reactions: Marlin Brandy

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Well, the previous person had a huge log file because the game was throwing errors left and right due to mods they installed and then deleted. The game was trying (and failing) to load all those missing references. There's a good chance the save has been "contaminated" and will just throw more errors, so better just nuke everything and start a new game.

Reactions: Sarkath

Fanthrose

Apr 26, 2019
So is it safe to assume that the actual story STILL hasn't been continued? Is this game still in a hell whirlpool of fixes that it seems to just keep sinking deeper and deeper into?

RyukXaos

Aug 29, 2020
So is it safe to assume that the actual story STILL hasn't been continued? Is this game still in a hell whirlpool of fixes that it seems to just keep sinking deeper and deeper into?
most of the "fixes" just seem to be finetunning some of the racial things. Though the main story hasn't been continued yet (it's being worked on to my understanding) the latest patches did add a bit more side content. I haven't ran into any bugs in the game yet (well aside from the spider-morphs being spiders) and I've put in more than a few hours into the game since it allows you to basically play and take any path you want while still having it's main narrative.

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
IvoryOwl
I am running a vanilla version of the game, so I think it's a different problem. The version I'm using (0.3.15) was built directly from the github.

Marlin Brandy If you have a log file taking up that much space - delete it. Personally, I would investigate it as much as possible (imagine opening a 20GB text file) to try and figure out how the file came to be, exactly. And then backup the gamesave and nuke the whole game from orbit before downloading it anew and firing it up again. Just in case. :whistle:

If you have no "how dare you fat shame me" file...well, technical details aside: you have a problem. While the difference between "Size" and "Size on disk" is almost always present, 20GB difference for a 550MB folder (of ~2500 files) would be akin to winning quite the lottery (not as big as the "Size and Size On Disk match to the byte" lottery, though).
So I've done some digging, and the size seems to be slightly spread out into different folders, all of them with a noticeable difference between size (S) and size on disk (SD);
- src S:27.7MB | SD:2.23GB
- res S:113MB | SD:1.80GB
- bin S:46.1MB | SD:12.7GB
within bin\com\lilithsthrone\ , two big folders stand out:
- game S:38.8MB | SD:10.4GB
- dialogue S:16.3MB | SD:5.55GB

I don't think my bloat is coming from an error log file. It seems the game is simply delving into some serious inflation kink. Idk, I'm rarted when it comes to anything around code. Is there a reason for this to be the case? Am I swinging at windmills?

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
All this talk of bloated game folders... for some reason it reminded me of when Cyberpunk had to be patched to prevent players from getting hacked/malware through mods. I wonder, what are the chances all this is being caused by faulty coding a modder wrote, and later Inno merged unto the game (without noticing the issue)?

I mean, she has been adding a lot of player contributions lately, so it's feasible something could slip. But yeah, I think it's something that should definitely be looked into. Someone less aware could easily have their computer filled to the brim and not really noticing where the issue stems from.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
So I've done some digging, and the size seems to be slightly spread out into different folders, all of them with a noticeable difference between size (S) and size on disk (SD);
- src S:27.7MB | SD:2.23GB
- res S:113MB | SD:1.80GB
- bin S:46.1MB | SD:12.7GB
within bin\com\lilithsthrone\ , two big folders stand out:
- game S:38.8MB | SD:10.4GB
- dialogue S:16.3MB | SD:5.55GB
There's normally a bit of a disparity between the actual size and the "size on disk" fields, but that's pretty extreme.

Basically, the reason there's a disparity at all is because file systems are divided into allocation units, or block sizes. Usually this sits around 4KiB (on modern systems like NTFS, APFS, and ext4, at least), so every file on the disk, regardless of how small, will consume at least that much space. My guess is that you just have a metric ton of tiny files floating around in your local repo.

If your repo lives on a largeish FAT32 volume (some external drives still ship formatted as FAT32 for maximum OS compatibility), that would also cause a greatly inflated size on disk figure (edit: the reason being that on larger drives the block size for FAT32 is a whopping 32KiB).

It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but on my Mac (on an APFS volume with a 4KiB block size), my LT repo comes out to around 530.8MB (580.7MB on disk) with 20,848 files in the directory. I'm not at my Windows box right now, but I don't think it's too far off from that (edit²: Just checked my Windows rig. S: 512MB, SD: 551MB)

If you're desperate for a quick fix and/or your disk space is at a premium, right-click the Lilith's Throne directory, click "Properties", click the "Advanced" button, and select the "compress" option. Hit OK a bunch of times, wait for it to think for a while, and the size on disk will likely dip below the actual size, at the expense of some performance (probably won't even be noticeable in practice).

Last edited:

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
specify the full path
At any point in the game when you can move freely, tap the keys B-U-G-G-Y. You don't need to open a menu or anything first. You can be at the movement screen, the phone menu, the inventory menu, etc.

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
Unless I'm misreading (possible, it's late), it sounds like NPC mods might be in our future after all. I hope it works out, I still kinda want to try making at least one.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes