tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Unless I'm misreading (possible, it's late), it sounds like NPC mods might be in our future after all. I hope it works out, I still kinda want to try making at least one.
Maybe, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. It took like three to five months to get race mods in, and races are releatively simple and static compared to what you'd need for NPC modding to actually be meaningful. Adding a character is pretty pointless unless you can add interaction after all. You'd need to be able to add an NPC, and then also add scenes for the NPC. Just adding a random NPC with no interaction would be more boring than adding custom slaves, why even bother.

Both systems need to be completely redesigned and the game updated before you'll be adding interesting NPCs. And location modding, which sounds like it'll be next, is next up anyways. All of these are harder than race modding, which took months and outside help to get it working.

I'm absolutely expecting this next update to be fairly barebones (compared to other games, for LT this will be huge). We'll get the new map, which likely will be mostly empty. We're getting one encounter to enter the city, maybe an introduction scene, but I wouldn't expect much else. Hopefully filler content, but it'll probably be mostly just what we already have with new location descriptions. And if they're going to immediately jump to location modding, I'm not expecting the new areas to get filled out until modding is done, which will probably take months. So we'll probably get stuff like Nyan's quest line being finished (I wish I'd just be re-written from the ground up...) as filler to hold out, but even that will probably be a ways out.

With all that said, I wouldn't expect NPC modding for a year or more.

Oh, it update-....ehhh....
Yup, pretty much. Couldn't even bother saying anything positive or negative about it.

Amarok909

Oct 31, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Honestly, this is big. I completely get the fact that people will get annoyed by the delay to story that this entails, but I think this is a good move on Inno's part. If this is done right, then it will let modders like myself be able to create more content without having to push the parser to the limit.

I'm not a particular fan of jar mods, because it's near impossible to mix and match them unless you find all the right branches on github and do it yourself, unlike xml mods which are just drag and drop.
Inno's focus certainly should be on more main content (especially considering the main quest has been barely expanded since I first created my account here), but externalizing the code is also a worthy use of time. I'm exited for it and can already think how useful it's going to be.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Say correct me if i'm wrong but there ain't any TF that gives you a bonus to ranged weaponry as of yet is there? everything seems to give you either Arcane, Physique or damage type related bonuses (closest thing i've seen is the Tigermorph's bonus to unarmed combat)

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Say correct me if i'm wrong but there ain't any TF that gives you a bonus to ranged weaponry as of yet is there? everything seems to give you either Arcane, Physique or damage type related bonuses (closest thing i've seen is the Tigermorph's bonus to unarmed combat)
Racial bonuses tend to fit thematically with their race and right now there are no morphs that possess or use natural ranged abilities. For example, unicorns are a magical race so they get a bonus to Arcane, bulls are strong and bulky so they get extra Physique, etc. I can't think of many animals that make use of ranged abilities... maybe humans/monkeys for throwing stuff, porcupine who can shoot quills, velvet worm who spits sticky glue or whale/dolphins with sonic attacks.

Reactions: NODOGAN

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
With all that said, I wouldn't expect NPC modding for a year or more.
That's about was I was thinking, I guess I could have been clearer at 3 am lol. Just that "it's actually under eventual consideration" is an upgrade from "no plans to have it."

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Racial bonuses tend to fit thematically with their race and right now there are no morphs that possess or use natural ranged abilities. For example, unicorns are a magical race so they get a bonus to Arcane, bulls are strong and bulky so they get extra Physique, etc. I can't think of many animals that make use of ranged abilities... maybe humans/monkeys for throwing stuff, porcupine who can shoot quills, velvet worm who spits sticky glue or whale/dolphins with sonic attacks.
Right-O, so if i wanna use one of them weapons that use arcane essence as ammo my best bet is to pick a race that gives bonus to the elemental damage huh? probably a Phoenix for a fire rifle.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Right-O, so if i wanna use one of them weapons that use arcane essence as ammo my best bet is to pick a race that gives bonus to the elemental damage huh? probably a Phoenix for a fire rifle.
Yeah, pretty much. Instead of going for ranged specifically, just grab one that gives bonuses to the other related damage types.

Can someone tell me the difference between the jar vs the x32 and x64 versions of this game?
Jar version is slightly more annoying to run, but often has better performance for long term save files . At least, that's been my experience, but your miles will vary. And they'll vary heavily.

No game play differences, so it doesn't really matter which one you use. Saves can be transferred as well.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
say, there's no way to randomize the furry prefferences? (i.e: make Fox-Morphs have a chance to be anything from full furry to just have fox ears and tails)
as far as i've looked into seems impossible to randomize.

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
say, there's no way to randomize the furry prefferences? (i.e: make Fox-Morphs have a chance to be anything from full furry to just have fox ears and tails)
as far as i've looked into seems impossible to randomize.
If you look at the text descriptions of the options under Furry Preferences, it sounds like "Greater" should do what you want.

fuccboi2008

Oct 4, 2018
Alright I'm gonna guess now we're not getting 4.0 this year and if we do, it's not going to have Elis and it'll be pushed back to 5.0 or something.

Reactions: Arkus86

anon707

Jun 13, 2018
Yep, it's time to put our eggs in the modder basket or hope someone that won't just suck money make a similar project.
I dont mind folks making money doing this, but its a problem when devs get fat and lazy over the money they get, but whales are gonna whale.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes