tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
They're right. She needs to take care of herself first. It's not like there's anyone left still waiting for her to release something more than placeholder anyway
Hey now, that's not true, I'm still here waiting. Not for, like, good reasons. All the recent[1] writing has been something extra special[2] and I'm really excited to see just how the new stuff turns out lol

I mean, seriously, it took Inno four or five months to write a single encounter. The last time she had trouble writing we got the second half of Nyan's rework. And by now everyone knows my thoughts on that mess.

[1] Recent, in relation to previous writing in this game. Since, you know, it takes like 6 months to get one scene written and released.

[2] Special as in 'impressively bad.' So bad that it actually impressed me with how bad it was. Like I had already buried my expectations, and they broke out the heavy equipment to dig them up and bury them even deeper. So bad that I still seriously think it was pawned off to someone else on discord who's obsessed with badly written fanfiction and just ripped off the most cliche shit they could find. And no where during the writing process were basic RPG concepts like "player agency" or "immersion" even considered.

Ever use footnotes for snark? Kinda fun. But I couldn't get the formatting correct. Ah well.

Oct 26, 2017
This has likely been asked countless times, but...
- Are there consequences for literally looting an entire NPC's inventory after defeating them? (Playing on Lilith difficulty and every little bit helps.)
- Aside from the export option, is there a way to just casually leave them here without them being "permanently gone from the game"?

Thanks!

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
- Are there consequences for literally looting an entire NPC's inventory after defeating them? (Playing on Lilith difficulty and every little bit helps.)
Nope. Encounter them again and their inventory will have respawned. May cause performance issues due to how the game handles your inventory, though.

- Aside from the export option, is there a way to just casually leave them here without them being "permanently gone from the game"?
Just hit the Continue button after defeating or fucking an NPC and they'll continue to occupy that tile.

Oct 26, 2017
Nope. Encounter them again and their inventory will have respawned. May cause performance issues due to how the game handles your inventory, though.

Just hit the Continue button after defeating or fucking an NPC and they'll continue to occupy that tile.
Thank you for answering both questions this fast! :)

The in-game warning made me worry it would be permanent. As for items, guess I'll just sell them to prevent lag. :sneaky:
No you can beat and loot even enforcers without consequences.
Cop mugging time! (Thanks for this as well.)

Last edited:

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
This has likely been asked countless times, but...

Thanks!
You're way too merciful to play at Lilith difficulty imo. I play at Demon and just remove everyone from the game after clearing out their entire inventory (leaving the NPC alone will indeed respawn their inventory items, but it takes some time and the flame will rise very slowly, I once left a wolf girl at her spot for more than a week after robbing her clean, and when I came back she managed to hoard like only 1/3 of what she had before. It's better to just remove them and find new encounters). The vicious circle of robbers robbing robbers continues on until I can set my milk shed up properly lol.

Reactions: NODOGAN

SordidDreams

Jul 27, 2019
Wait, what? NPCs slowly regain their items over time? Huh, I never found that out! I guess I just never waited long enough between fights for that to kick in. The lesson I learned from beating an NPC repeatedly and seeing its inventory as empty as I left it was that I should remove NPCs so that new ones can spawn with full inventories.

Oct 26, 2017
You're way too merciful to play at Lilith difficulty imo. I play at Demon and just remove everyone from the game after clearing out their entire inventory (leaving the NPC alone will indeed respawn their inventory items, but it takes some time and the flame will rise very slowly, I once left a wolf girl at her spot for more than a week after robbing her clean, and when I came back she managed to hoard like only 1/3 of what she had before. It's better to just remove them and find new encounters). The vicious circle of robbers robbing robbers continues on until I can set my milk shed up properly lol.
Thanks for the information and your thoughts on how you play the game. I'm completely new to LT and only have experience with CoC so I just wanted to see if "max" difficulty really was a challenge, but I'll admit I didn't take this into consideration. Then again, it apparently can be changed at any time in-game so I guess I'll just take a look at the code as usual (and probably spend more time breaking the game and debugging it than actually playing it, lol).
Wait, what? NPCs slowly regain their items over time? Huh, I never found that out! I guess I just never waited long enough between fights for that to kick in. The lesson I learned from beating an NPC repeatedly and seeing its inventory as empty as I left it was that I should remove NPCs so that new ones can spawn with full inventories.
Yeah, I didn't know that either but I just landed in Dominion so... I'm kind of 4 years late on the lore even after a full wiki read. Fitting in a roleplaying way. :sneaky:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
They regain their *MONEY* over time, sometimes. It doesn't always actually function like that, but lets ignore the exceptions because trying to farm money like this is awful. Everything else respawns immediately.

And if you're robbing them for their raw cash you're taking the hard way. Their clothes are generally worth more than the money they have on them when its maxed out. Just spam encounters on the same NPC and steal their clothes over and over.

And then enjoy carpel tunnel, because you're going to be spamming "M1 > 3" over and over and over and over and over. And oops, you accidentally sold the stuff you care about. And the rebuy menu may or may not work depending on how much you sold.

The inventory system in the game is shit, and I'd really recommend literally any other money making method. Farming encounters is the slowest IRL time-wise, and selling large quantities of items is just not fun. If you're going to focus on that, I highly recommend getting yourself an auto-clicker that allows for repeating macros.

Reactions: B2B2

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Amen, only one i don't do that to is the slime girl on Submission to start Slime Queen Quest and that's only because they are a very reliable way to farm Biojuice Canisters even after you're done with said quest, everyone else? Removed, you're eating at the speed this game goes and i wanna be able to complete a quest before Inno Updates thankyouverymuch.

• Haha
Reactions: tehlemon

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
i wanna be able to complete a quest before Inno Updates thankyouverymuch.
Are we talking "Inno puts out an update" or "Inno puts out an update that actually includes the updates content"

Because those are wildly different metrics these days.

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
Are we talking "Inno puts out an update" or "Inno puts out an update that actually includes the updates content"

Because those are wildly different metrics these days.
Looking at what she just posted, I think he's still got plenty of time.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
The update we all knew was coming, because it was literally going to be this or an update that's all placeholders lol

Inno: Another Couple Days (again) said:
I'm really sorry about this, but I seem to have once again invoked the curse of incremental delays by giving out an optimistic release date. I've been working as fast as I can on the Meraxis & centaur transport content, but it's simply taken me longer to get the dialogue frameworks implemented and tested than I expected.

I've got the aforementioned content frameworks finished, but I'll need another couple of days to get the demonic centaur encounters into a working state, and as soon as that's done I'll release the preview with placeholder dialogue. I'll then get a preview hotfix out as soon as possible after that to fill in the placeholders.

I'm sorry for not only how long this is taking but also for disappointing you all again with another missed deadline. I won't give a fixed deadline for 0.4.0.5, but it really shouldn't be more than 2-3 days now...
Just remember, the 'optimistic release date' she was talking about was actually a few weeks ago when she released the update without any of the content, which she's once again delaying after a year of previous delays. Not that anyone could forget. There'd have to be literally any progress on the game to actually give us something else to remember, which hasn't happened.

Also just remember, the demonic centaur fight is the single encounter she's been working on since February. One encounter, three months, still not done. I know I joke about her taking three months per scene, but she's a few days away from actually ruining my joke. She's the Trump of game development. It's hard to even make fun of her, because she keeps lowering the bar even further.

And before anyone tries to say "oh no, that was the meraxis fight! she's not slow, you're making stuff up", she literally said she was working on the demonic centaur fight specifically, months ago.

Not that completing two encounters in three months when it's your full time job is any better.

I really can't wait to see the writing for this encounter that's taken three months of full time work. I'm not going to spoil myself by peeking at the update sources for the partially written stuff, I want to really enjoy it when it releases. Either way "enjoy it" could mean lol

Dr.Feelgood

Sep 21, 2018
I don't know about the rest of you, but at this point watching the absolute shit storm that is this game's 'update schedule' and the reception its getting is as entertaining as the game itself right now. I remember first downloading this game two years ago and after seeing it has go nowhere outside an hour or two worth of side quests and the addition of an absurd amount of extra races and clothing options, it really makes you wonder exactly what kind of spaghetti code is causing this whole mess if it isn't complacency causing the lack of progression. I never thought someone could fail to deliver as hard as the No Man's Sky creators did, but I am more than happy to watch every second of this train wreck.

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
During weekends...

"Hello everyone, Inno here. I published 0.4.0.5 so stop whining.
Changelog:
- Re-enabled World Travel.
- Field contents are not in a state that I can feel comfortable presenting to you yet so there're nothing new.
- Literally just reenabled World Travel.
- Oh here are modders' contents too.
Thank you for your continued supports. 0.4.1 will be delayed again since I haven't even finished 0.4.0.5 yet, maybe next month. And don't expect me to come back to the weekly patch schedule anytime soon, although I said that I would in the past."
I'm so sorry to everyone who've read this post of mine. I foolishly placed hope in Inno, only for it to crumble like a tower of jelly Jengas. Please let me amend myself:

During weekends Sometimes next year...

"Hello everyone, Inno here. I published 0.4.0.0.5 so stop whining.
Changelog:
- Re-enabled World Travel.
- Field contents are not in a state that I can feel comfortable presenting to you yet so there're nothing new.
I felt uncomfortable with everything I've (or haven't) done so I just decided to stop doing anything.
- Literally just reenabled World Travel.
- Oh here are modders' contents too.

-
Thank you for your continued supports. 0.4.0.5 will be delayed again since I haven't even finished 0.4.0.0.5 yet, maybe next month decade. And don't expect me to come back to the weekly patch schedule anytime soon, although I said that I would in the past. be on any kind of schedule anytime soon.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
After three all-nighters of testing stuff like a casual player, back with some more questions as I haven't had time to take a good look at the code...
- Objectively speaking, is the wiki worth the time to update for others to read? (For some reason, most of the information is omitted "to prevent spoilers" but the entire thing is open-source and even though the github branch isn't the latest release, java and extended markup language aren't exactly super complicated formats.)
- Buyback: Are the items sold to NPC permanently stored in the "world", just the buyback ones or none and they randomly vanish? The shared database entry is more than enough to players to re-generate items they want back, and the shared encyclopedia is just one line of XML per item for the basic template so that's more than enough.
- Is it possible to literally store 120 "unique" items on every safe (or even non-safe) map tile? Because that would make things go south really fast in a save if the player forgets to "wipe" it clean. Even a timer argument change should be enough to make them unique and unstackable to boot, so you'd effectively have 120 copies of the same item in the same tile with no visual difference whatsoever.
- Illegal/highly illegal items: I've been hanging with Lilith's World cops, SWAT and FBI and they didn't go batshit crazy on me even though we were not acquaintances. Is this just for roleplaying? I'm a bit too accustomed to Neocron where even drawing a weapon or remote-controlled drone in public would get the poor player instantly shot by a literally invulnerable copbot (because those were bugged as hell and sometimes issued a warning to drop weapon and then shot beams before you could even react, even though RC drones and PSI gloves aren't even weapons by themselves so to speak; PSI monks and spies have fallen countless times to this).
- Literally invulnerable: Is this a bug or a feature? If you have more than 500 total shielding for an element, you become literally immune to everything using that element. I'll just see it as a feature for now. ;)

Again, thank you very much! And since there's open modding for the game, even though I've had a very, very bad experience with the CoC modding community in the past, since F95 community is chill and all, I don't mind helping other modders with content that's not art (since I can't draw shit at all, not even stick figures). :)

edit: Casual players aren't supposed to play at Lilith difficulty but this seems to help here. Playing on Normal would have made me unable to break many things.

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
After three all-nighters of testing stuff like a casual player, back with some more questions as I haven't had time to take a good look at the code...
- Objectively speaking, is the wiki worth the time to update for others to read? (For some reason, most of the information is omitted "to prevent spoilers" but the entire thing is open-source and even though the github branch isn't the latest release, java and extended markup language aren't exactly super complicated formats.)
I don't think the wiki isn't updated to prevent spoilers. That sounds like what people say to avoid updating the wiki.

I'm not going to bother, but if anyone still cares enough they could. It'd probably be easy to update, give that nothing ever changes with the game lol

- Buyback: Are the items sold to NPC permanently stored in the "world", just the buyback ones or none and they randomly vanish? The shared database entry is more than enough to players to re-generate items they want back, and the shared encyclopedia is just one line of XML per item for the basic template so that's more than enough.
I don't believe buyback is permanent.

- Is it possible to literally store 120 "unique" items on every safe (or even non-safe) map tile? Because that would make things go south really fast in a save if the player forgets to "wipe" it clean. Even a timer argument change should be enough to make them unique and unstackable to boot, so you'd effectively have 120 copies of the same item in the same tile with no visual difference whatsoever.
Yes, it's possible. But its unreliable.

And yes, just like most things in the game it would absolutely destroy your save file. The games got performance issues lol

- Illegal/highly illegal items: I've been hanging with Lilith's World cops, SWAT and FBI and they didn't go batshit crazy on me even though we were not acquaintances. Is this just for roleplaying? I'm a bit too accustomed to Neocron where even drawing a weapon or remote-controlled drone in public would get the poor player instantly shot by a literally invulnerable copbot (because those were bugged as hell and sometimes issued a warning to drop weapon and then shot beams before you could even react, even though RC drones and PSI gloves aren't even weapons by themselves so to speak; PSI monks and spies have fallen countless times to this).
It's mostly just half assed. There's a volunteer contributor that's adding what content is there, but they're only able to do so much on their own. This is mostly just a failing of the game dev. Add it to the list of things that might become interesting some day, but what you're seeing is what you get.

- Literally invulnerable: Is this a bug or a feature? If you have more than 500 total shielding for an element, you become literally immune to everything using that element. I'll just see it as a feature for now. ;)
Yeah, the stats are like that. But you'll only manage to max them if you turn off enchantment capacity. The game has zero balance done whatsoever, so with the limit turned off the entire game is basically just broken.

Again, thank you very much! And since there's open modding for the game, even though I've had a very, very bad experience with the CoC modding community in the past, since F95 community is chill and all, I don't mind helping other modders with content that's not art (since I can't draw shit at all, not even stick figures). :)
The modding scene for this game doesn't compare to CoC's. Hell, it doesn't compare to CoC1's *current* modding scene. If it did, we'd probably actually see content added to the game.

But the game has so many flaws that most of us that would likely be writing mods for it are just kind of not. Personally, this was the inspiration needed to start my own project instead. And at the current rate, it'll be done before we even get half the modding tools out lol

Oct 26, 2017
very detailed post
Thank you very much for the reply and taking the time to address everything!

Figured the wiki spoiler thing was a bit weird. I take it the game has lost a lot of interest over time so I guess I'll go back to being casual and enjoying the content until I get bored - and mess with the code. :)

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Thank you very much for the reply and taking the time to address everything!

Figured the wiki spoiler thing was a bit weird. I take it the game has lost a lot of interest over time so I guess I'll go back to being casual and enjoying the content until I get bored - and mess with the code. :)
No worries at all. It's another extra boring Monday, and I'm bored as hell, so any distraction from work is great.

I wouldn't be surprised if general interest has waned, but the "0.4.0" release brought a lot of attention back to the game. Which was pretty much the point. Somehow this game still has plenty of followers and gets plenty of attention, both the good kind and bad. I saw so many people coming back to the game asking about new content in that update, and the confusion was real after.

But projects like keeping wikis updated usually require a minimum amount of passion, and outside of a very small number of people on discord, I don't think that passion exists anymore. It usually takes fresh content and whatnot to keep it going, but this game has mostly just been on the burner for two years.

And once you get bored, you're welcome to join us in laughing at the whole situation. The game's development is like, a funny train wreck you just don't want to stop watching lol

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes