tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Natural dragon (as in standard Western dragon) spawns are intended for mountain and desert regions. Dragon variants will spawn in highlands and jungle regions.

In hindsight, it was probably a mistake for me to add dragons this early and make their items available so easily, but I am working on a Fields NPC that will partially rectify this.

Encounter and map modding have been added although feature parity with source modding is not yet achieved, at least in my experience.
I hope you're getting paid for all this. I swear you and ace have put more effort into this game than anyone else.

And if you waited for the mountains and desert areas, dragons wouldn't be in the game for years. Might as well add them now. Just look at how much vocal "feedback" was required to get fields actually worked on, and after almost five months we might finally see some of it. And that was after straight up a year of "feedback."

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
In hindsight, it was probably a mistake for me to add dragons this early and make their items available so easily, but I am working on a Fields NPC that will partially rectify this.
Rectify how? You're not taking away those awesome dragon TFs, are you?

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
How would introducing an NPC remove the TFs?
Unique transformations (like dragons) are meant to be gated behind special quests. The TF items we have for them now are not permanent, just a form of "debug" before their content is properly implemented. Back in the day, you'd enchant and drink "Innoxia's Gift" to become a demon, now the only way to become one is to through the first Lilin you encounter.

Last edited:

DSGMods

Jan 26, 2018
And if you waited for the mountains and desert areas, dragons wouldn't be in the game for years. Might as well add them now. Just look at how much vocal "feedback" was required to get fields actually worked on, and after almost five months we might finally see some of it. And that was after straight up a year of "feedback."
It is true that the popularity of dragon TFs has helped expose bugs and shortcomings, but that same demand also created some other issues. Well, one wins some and loses some I suppose.

Regions may become available earlier than their respective cities. It is too early at this time to tell.

Rectify how? You're not taking away those awesome dragon TFs, are you?
IvoryOwl has the right of it, mostly. The genie is out of the bottle, or in this case the dragon is out of the cave. There is no going back with the TFs themselves. Items will be (somewhat generously) gated instead.

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
A rather important edit was made to the last update on the blog. I, for one, was entirely surprised to see it.

Hello once again,

I don't really have too much to report tonight, due to feeling ill over the weekend and not being able to get much writing done as a result. I'll get the preview of 0.4.0.5 released this Friday night no matter what state it's in, so I'll see you again then!

Edit: 0.4.0.5 will be on Saturday or (more likely) Sunday night now.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
A rather important edit was made to the last update on the blog. I, for one, was entirely surprised to see it.
Considering the recent patches, that edit means nothing. Because now Inno puts out patches regardless of whether they're complete, and just disables or puts in placeholders covering all the work that was promised.

0.4.0 came out simply to say it came out, with none of the content that was promised for 0.4.0 over the previous two years.

Saying a patch will come out "probably" on Saturday doesn't mean shit unless we know what's in it.

Edit: And frankly, at this point, what Inno says is going to be in a patch doesn't mean shit either. At this point I've completely lost all trust and respect with her. We're 100% in 'actions speak louder than words' territory. After two straight years of this shit, not a single person should believe anything she says she's working on until it's actually publicly released.

Last edited:

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
Saying a patch will come out "probably" on Saturday doesn't mean shit unless we know what's in it.
During weekends...

"Hello everyone, Inno here. I published 0.4.0.5 so stop whining.
Changelog:
- Re-enabled World Travel.
- Field contents are not in a state that I can feel comfortable presenting to you yet so there're nothing new.
- Literally just reenabled World Travel.
- Oh here are modders' contents too.
Thank you for your continued supports. 0.4.1 will be delayed again since I haven't even finished 0.4.0.5 yet, maybe next month. And don't expect me to come back to the weekly patch schedule anytime soon, although I said that I would in the past."

• Sad
Reactions: srg91

AlphaError

Nov 7, 2018
Okay, I know how to edit the save to get the dragon and wyvern. But what traits does a dragon have to have to be Ryu and Couatl?

Kallumin

Jan 2, 2018
During weekends...

"Hello everyone, Inno here. I published 0.4.0.5 so stop whining.
Changelog:
- Re-enabled World Travel.
- Field contents are not in a state that I can feel comfortable presenting to you yet so there're nothing new.
- Literally just reenabled World Travel.
- Oh here are modders' contents too.
Thank you for your continued supports. 0.4.1 will be delayed again since I haven't even finished 0.4.0.5 yet, maybe next month. And don't expect me to come back to the weekly patch schedule anytime soon, although I said that I would in the past."
Anyone who expects weekly updates from Inno ever again should be checked into a mental institution. How many delays does it take to understand that there Inno is incapable of keeping a regular update schedule?

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
Okay, I know how to edit the save to get the dragon and wyvern. But what traits does a dragon have to have to be Ryu and Couatl?
Actually you can edit the dragon xml files inside the res folder to make them spawn randomly like other generic npcs. The files also contain requirements to become each subraces.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
You're doing it the hard way.

Start a new game, use buggy to create the dragon you want, then export the character. It'll give you all the info you need.

Or just use buggy on the save you're working on. You're also save editing, just do it the easy way.

Reactions: Carl0sDanger

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
IIRC what I did when I was browsing the new subraces that weren't on the wiki yet was go to res -> race and found the race files you can open in notepad. I think you can see the code for subrace requirements in those, I don't have time to go digging rn but it's worth a look. Or you can just do what the other comment said.

Reactions: Simp Cattu

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017

Hello once again,

I don't really have too much to report tonight, due to feeling ill over the weekend and not being able to get much writing done as a result. I'll get the preview of 0.4.0.5 released this Friday night no matter what state it's in, so I'll see you again then!

Edit: 0.4.0.5 will be on Saturday or (more likely) Sunday night now.
I legit went and check to see if this was what the Blog Update said...dunno if i'm stupid or just have THAT little faith on Inno's ETA lol.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes