IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Ya know, part of me feels guilty for kicking down a person when they are going through a rough phase, we all have moments like that and it sucks. Under most circumstances, one's personal life and health should always take priority, but it's hard to empathize with her -because- of her miserable track record. It's always one thing or another with Inno... all the little (and not so little) things that have piled up over the years about her and this project.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Since there isn't a whole lot going on upstream, how about we talk about how LT will happily allocate a total of 41GB of RAM for about two minutes of gameplay?

1635827923012.png

Granted, that was using my and I was doing a lot of travel, but still. It's no wonder people with lower spec machines have issues getting this thing to run.

I'm going to see if I can do something about this. :HideThePain: Kinda seems like most of the allocations get done during the save process (i.e. converting NPC data into XML).

Edit: Jesus tap-dancing Christ, why is multi-cock implemented like this?

1635829010780.png

Edit²: Some explanation is probably warranted for this outburst/tangent.

There's a few reasons this is bad. For one, you're limited to two penises. Second, what happens when something can have four dicks? There's only two Penis variables!

In programming, there are constructs called lists. These allow you to store an indeterminate number of objects in a single variable, and also gives you the ability to dynamically add and remove items from the list to your heart's content. If you want to give your character another cock, just add it to the list. If you want to emasculate them, just clear the list and all the schlongs be gone. Plus, it makes it really simple to save your willies: just loop through the list and…that's it, really.

Using the current system, you have to be careful to assign your new dong to the right variable, and clean up after yourself if you remove one. Instead of simply calling an add function, you have to check both values to see which one is free. When you remove them, you need to make sure you move the tallywhacker stored in secondPenis into the main penis variable, otherwise the game might skip over your remaining meat and two veg.

tl;dr this should be a list why the fuck isn't it a fucking list

Last edited:

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
Man, it's weird to think of how long this has been updated for.
And I still have this weird love-hate with it. On the one hand, its actually kinda fun. But then I run into my real dilemma:
I prefer female protagonists for some things, and dressing up. But the male protagonist also has a lot of content I enjoy, but then I can't have fun with dressing up! Tch. Same thing with Degrees of Lewdity for me, really.
And yes I guess futa is an option, but that's kind of a cop-out.

Also still surprised there isn't like, a strip dice game or something. or any kind of mini-game in that vein.

Reactions: Jrar

Dr.Feelgood

Sep 21, 2018
Pretty sure this is a clear indicator that Inno is throwing things at the wall and running with whatever doesn't immediately blow up in her face. I can't possibly imagine how a few YEARS of coding with this mindset led to the problems she is facing today.

Now, in regards to the content implemented in update 4.2... who the fuck are Monica and Kay? I want to say Kay is somehow involved in Nyan's updated clusterfuck of a romance quest, but I got nothing for Monica. Seriously, which one of the two dozen unremarkable and redundant NPCs in Ellis was she? A merchant? Guard? Centaur? 4.1.19 addition that anyone who feared an update even Inno described as 'unstable' wouldn't know about?

Bocoboco

Jan 18, 2018
Pretty sure this is a clear indicator that Inno is throwing things at the wall and running with whatever doesn't immediately blow up in her face. I can't possibly imagine how a few YEARS of coding with this mindset led to the problems she is facing today.

Now, in regards to the content implemented in update 4.2... who the fuck are Monica and Kay? I want to say Kay is somehow involved in Nyan's updated clusterfuck of a romance quest, but I got nothing for Monica. Seriously, which one of the two dozen unremarkable and redundant NPCs in Ellis was she? A merchant? Guard? Centaur? 4.1.19 addition that anyone who feared an update even Inno described as 'unstable' wouldn't know about?
Monica is the cow girl in at the Wall's End in Elis, and the reason for the delay before this most recent delay.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018

View attachment 1480372

Edit²: Some explanation is probably warranted for this outburst/tangent.

There's a few reasons this is bad. For one, you're limited to two penises. Second, what happens when something can have four dicks? There's only two Penis variables!

In programming, there are constructs called lists. These allow you to store an indeterminate number of objects in a single variable, and also gives you the ability to dynamically add and remove items from the list to your heart's content. If you want to give your character another cock, just add it to the list. If you want to emasculate them, just clear the list and all the schlongs be gone. Plus, it makes it really simple to save your willies: just loop through the list and…that's it, really.

Using the current system, you have to be careful to assign your new dong to the right variable, and clean up after yourself if you remove one. Instead of simply calling an add function, you have to check both values to see which one is free. When you remove them, you need to make sure you move the tallywhacker stored in secondPenis into the main penis variable, otherwise the game might skip over your remaining meat and two veg.

tl;dr this should be a list why the fuck isn't it a fucking list
If it's any consolation, that code is ancient so there's at least a chance the actual implementation will be saner.

Reactions: Sarkath

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
If it's any consolation, that code is ancient so there's at least a chance the actual implementation will be saner.
Yeah, I know. From what I've gathered, GameCharacter is one of the oldest classes, so it's one of the most likely to have nuggets like this scattered around. It's just that seeing that while mucking about with thousands of lines of XML and hand-spun serialization code just kind of broke me. :p

In fairness, I suppose at this point in development this bit of low-hanging fruit would be a bit deceptive. Updating this to use a list would require saved games to be handled with care, otherwise NPCs/players could very well lose their package(s), and it would require the alternate load routine to stick around for a while since all previous saved games would need to be converted to use an array/list. Ugh.

That said, I do kinda think that saves are going to have to break at some point. I don't think the current serialization system is really tenable as the game world expands, and the more I look at it the more I suspect that the current system is going to have to be gutted and replaced with something more memory efficient.

BBGunna

Aug 27, 2018
Wouldn't be enough. 0.3 released back in late 2018 and we've only reached 0.4 this year.

Inno is a freeform developer; instead of taking a formulaic approach to development and planning ahead, she just goes with the flow and works on whatever strikes her fancy at the moment. This is both good and bad. It can good do something else when you're at a roadblock and need to take a break. On the other hand, too much of it and before you know it 6 months have passed and you're still going side-ways, adding minor content that is probably going to require you to refactor the code on top of it just to make it work. This has been LT in a nutshell since 2018.
My god Inno really is the George R.R Martin of h-game development eh

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020

View attachment 1480372
From what I get from reading source, its made (game I mean) by "professional enterprise programmers", which strictly follows task. I.e. "how much dicks should we implement? 2? Okay.
private PlayerDick first_dick;
private PlayerDick second_dick;

Damn Im good. Let get some coffee."

Updating this to use a list would require saved games to be handled with care, otherwise NPCs/players could very well lose their package(s), and it would require the alternate load routine to stick around for a while since all previous saved games would need to be converted to use an array/list. Ugh.
Introduce save versioning system and create additional class (or how it named in Java, interface?) SavesCompatibility, which would fix all "serialized errors", before passing save game data furter into the deeptness of a game.

• Haha
Reactions: oracle255 and Jrar

BobaTheOrc

Nov 21, 2018
Not pleased with her output. At all. My job piles more and more responsibilities onto me by the day while median wages and benefits refuse to budge and the cost of living explodes out of control, all while I have little to no time for myself. I'm writing this while on the bus. She's not the only one with problems to deal with, and we certainly don't get paid nearly as much as she does to handle them from the privacy and safety of our own home 24/7.

I know it's cruel, but I hope someone reverse engineers her code, rewrites it to avoid all the pitfalls being used as an excuse to do nothing, and then just steals all the attention being given to her project out from under her. The groundwork for a really good game is in the works here, and she keeps bungling it for an ever-increasing variety of excuses, despite how much she's receiving on Patreon.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes