BianTheGreat

Jan 3, 2021
The new version is up on Inno's blog. Here's the change log.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Imagine we got an update like that once a month. Yes it is dissapointing, but at least you know that there is a chance for something good next month and patreon subscribers have some justification to keep giving her money.
She promised that next update will be done much faster this time, I only recently found out about this game so I still haven't lost hope.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
You know, we really ought to make a bingo card for what the next update post is going to be like. That would be very entertaining to play around with. Also...
I don't think a bingo card would work. There's absolutely no way I could remember where I saved it six months from now.

Imagine we got an update like that once a month. Yes it is dissapointing, but at least you know that there is a chance for something good next month and patreon subscribers have some justification to keep giving her money.
She promised that next update will be done much faster this time, I only recently found out about this game so I still haven't lost hope.
Yeah, that's kind of a big deal. Like, with most games I follow there are eventually updates I don't care about or don't like. Sometimes multiple in a row. But they also get content monthly, so even if I'm not interested, I know eventually I will be.

I'm much, *much* more willing to give someone money if I know that I'll eventually get something from it. Paying Inno is just a crapshoot. There was only one patch with content in the last year that I'm guessing most of us care about. And that was true the year before too. Like, no way I'm going to pay for four months straight without knowing if or when an updates going to release. Specially when I already know that the content that's going to take four months to make is... boring. Did anyone expect a new stereotypical tavern to be anything besides boring?

abithig

Apr 12, 2021
Y'all ever notice that she's always "going through some bad times" and "almost back to 100%" yet she never says what the fuck is going on?

And that the ways she describes whats going on is never consistent to what it might be? Like, she describes it like there's a family of financial emergency, and then like it was an illness, and then like some mental health issue.

I'm starting to think she's making it up.

Starting to. Yeah.

And was this update worth months? ehhh.... considering every other game updating this week, no. This is pretty shit.

Edit: Also, she keeps talking about weeks. The last few weeks. it's been like four months. She started working on the tavern at the beginning of February. Almost half a year went by, and this is the update. If I did so little for so long I'd be so fired lol
Eh, I think the actual answer is probably just boring and sad. Based on behavior patterns and they way she writes those updates, I'm leaning towards chronic procrastination coupled with poor stress management skills. Throw in the pressure to perform and possible imposter syndrome, or even just general confidence issues, and yeah, things start clicking into place.
Mind, none of this would excuse the actions Innoxia has taken thus-far, least of all collecting money from people without offering much in return. After all, it's usually common courtesy for creators to pause payment on their Patreon/SS if they feel they under-performed for the month. But if my suspicions are correct, she really needs to get some therapy, particularly to learn to better manage her stress, and find ways to focus on actually treating Lilith's Throne like her job. (cutting distractions by only logging into Discord after "work" would likely skyrocket productivity alone) After all, lord knows she earns enough to pay for the therapy, and I doubt she'd have trouble finding an hour a week to go.
But of course, these are just my suspicions. I wouldn't personally ascribe anything so-far as intentionally malicious or manipulative, but that doesn't mean they can't be. After all, it would probably be a huge weight off her back to have someone else at the helm with her to keep her on task and work with her on PR, but the fact that she only seems willing to accept help from contributors offering it for free (afaik) is... sketchy. Either way, yeah, it's really hard to justify supporting someone who is not giving their best, and isn't willing to seek professional help to better themselves and ensure steady progress moving forwards.

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
Quick summary of the tavern:

You meet the owner who is a 7 foot she-shrek with a stone elemental that fucks people with a stone dick when they're bad. She also has a TF'd slave called Beer Bitch who's just a senseless bimbo wearing a literal barrel except with boob cutouts. If you order a drink from her Beer Bitch, you get a token and with 5 tokens you can fuck the generic NPC Beer Bitch.
She-shrek gives you a quest that allows you to get her more beer bitches. You go to the other tavern and just go "something something good horsie" and he promises to deliver the barrels. You can see what they mean by this (it isn't hard to imagine) but I didn't care enough to go see the event. After you can go outside to the alleys and beat up people to turn into new beer bitches at she-shrek's tavern to add yet another generic NPC to get the same exact beer from but with a different name like Beer Slut or Beer Whore.

Oh and before you flirt with she-shrek, you need to have the martial artist perk or else you'll be locked into submissive sex the moment you press the flirt option. There's no backing out of it.

There's also dice poker, which is nothing different from the Gambling Den. You can get in a bar fight where you fight two random npcs and then watch (or don't) she-shrek's elemental fuck them as punishment.
There's a backroom with an NPC in it but you can't go back there and she-shrek tells you the gang leaders are back there and you most certainly don't wanna mess with them!!!! Maybe you need to prove to her you are the stronk by having the martial artist perk but I stopped caring and doubted it was implemented.

Last edited:

Shorsey

Jun 3, 2017

You meet the owner who is a 7 foot she-shrek with a stone elemental that fucks people with a stone dick when they're bad. She also has a TF'd slave called Beer Bitch who's just a senseless bimbo wearing a literal barrel except with boob cutouts. If you order 5 drinks from her Beer Bitch, you get a token and with 5 tokens you can fuck the generic NPC Beer Bitch.
She-shrek gives you a quest that allows you to get her more beer bitches. You go to the other tavern and just go "something something good horsie" and he promises to deliver the barrels. You can see what they mean by this (it isn't hard to imagine) but I didn't care enough to go see the event. After you can go outside to the alleys and beat up people to turn into new beer bitches at she-shrek's tavern to add yet another generic NPC to get the same exact beer from but with a different name like Beer Slut or Beer Whore.

Oh and before you flirt with she-shrek, you need to have the martial artist perk or else you'll be locked into submissive sex the moment you press the flirt option. There's no backing out of it.

There's also dice poker, which is nothing different from the Gambling Den. You can get in a bar fight where you fight two random npcs and then watch (or don't) she-shrek's elemental fuck them as punishment.
There's a backroom with an NPC in it but you can't go back there and she-shrek tells you the gang leaders are back there and you most certainly don't wanna mess with them!!!! Maybe you need to prove to her you are the stronk by having the martial artist perk but I stopped caring and doubted it was implemented.

And most of this stuff was finished over 2 months ago when she released the preview. All she did in this whole time was to add the missing text and a button that leads to a generic sex scene.

Halfcats

Jan 22, 2018
Y'all ever notice that she's always "going through some bad times" and "almost back to 100%" yet she never says what the fuck is going on?

And that the ways she describes whats going on is never consistent to what it might be? Like, she describes it like there's a family of financial emergency, and then like it was an illness, and then like some mental health issue.

I'm starting to think she's making it up.

Starting to. Yeah.

And was this update worth months? ehhh.... considering every other game updating this week, no. This is pretty shit.

Edit: Also, she keeps talking about weeks. The last few weeks. it's been like four months. She started working on the tavern at the beginning of February. Almost half a year went by, and this is the update. If I did so little for so long I'd be so fired lol
It feels like 9 times out of 10 when Patreon creators say they're "going through bad times" or "chronically sick" they're full of shit. They're just being lazy. Now some definitely do have this going on, but when its legit they tend to actually be less productive rather than not at all.

Shorsey

Jun 3, 2017
It feels like 9 times out of 10 when Patreon creators say they're "going through bad times" or "chronically sick" they're full of shit. They're just being lazy. Now some definitely do have this going on, but when its legit they tend to actually be less productive rather than not at all.
Ino already said that she is tired of writing and don't wanna do it anymore. But she also can't swallow her pride and hire a writer. So excuses are the next best thing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BaloneyAmone

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021

You meet the owner who is a 7 foot she-shrek with a stone elemental that fucks people with a stone dick when they're bad. She also has a TF'd slave called Beer Bitch who's just a senseless bimbo wearing a literal barrel except with boob cutouts. If you order 5 drinks from her Beer Bitch, you get a token and with 5 tokens you can fuck the generic NPC Beer Bitch.

So what's the new part? That all sounds like the same generic, cliche garbage that was added in the pre-release.

Also, I still absolutely find the dice poker game to be the fucking worst. It's a boring, stupid game, implemented in the most boring way possible.

Like, writing a generic five card poker game is something I had my intro to programming students writing. It's super fucking easy. Texas holdem can be more difficult to write, specifically writing an AI that doesn't suck on your own, but even that's not that hard since there's some really well written AIs that you can base yours off of. So why the fuck did she write this really, really boring dice poker nonsense? It's like, somehow more boring that five card. Or hey, maybe do liars dice. Liars dice is a fun game if you want to do something different than generic poker. And its also really easy to program.

And then second off, the way its put into the game... Could you come up with a more boring way to add a poker mini-game? You bet a meaningless amount of money, and either win or lose that money. Or if you feel like it, you can have sex with a random NPC (don't do that, because it'll start keeping that NPC in memory forever...)

That's so god damn bland.

Why not just like, build a full strip poker system? That would at least fit into the existing game world in a more interesting way. Shit, you could do all sorts of random things. Add new interesting bets into the mini-game. Loser is forced to drink a transformation potion. Maybe have dice poker be a thing your slaves will play in their free time, and you could join in. Maybe a slave will try and gamble for their freedom. IDK, you could do just about an infinite number of things with a mini-game that's just, shitty poker/shitty liars dice.

This youtube video is about to end, so I'm going to stop now.

I definitely think that's the case this time.

Ino already said that she is tired of writing and don't wanna do it anymore. But she also can't swallow her pride and hire a writer. So excuses are the next best thing.
It's pretty obvious she hates doing the writing. Every single delay in the last like, three years (ever since the the huge delays for converting species to xml) has simply been down to Inno being incapable of just sitting down and writing a few generic paragraphs. In some cases, it's literally just a few paragraphs.

And I definitely think this supports my opinion that she got someone else to write the second half of Nyan's train wreck.

Dr.Feelgood

Sep 21, 2018
After all, it's usually common courtesy for creators to pause payment on their Patreon/SS if they feel they under-performed for the month.
If Inno were to do this right here she would regain so much good will and support. It takes a lot of self-respect and discipline to not only reject but return money that donors would give no matter what. Actions speak louder than words, and Inno's don't paint a picture of someone genuinely seeking help. Rather, they're of someone wanting a cheap out to a problem of their own making.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Is that actually true though? How much more complicated is Skyrim vs morrowind. Yes it has more polygons, for every feature games add nowa days they just as eager to streamline and take things away.
Correct. games are vastly less complicated nowadays. they just have more polygons on the screen
they are dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.

• Red Heart
Reactions: throbzombie

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Correct. games are vastly less complicated nowadays. they just have more polygons on the screen
they are dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.
Screenshot 2022-06-12 152834.png

It absolutely is. Rendering APIs are closer to the metal than they have been in a long time (not to mention that while you can stick with Vulkan on Windows/macOS/Linux/Switch, you need to use GNM on PS4/5 and DirectX on Xbox One/Series), and as the world and characters grow increasingly detailed you have to spend much more time getting stuff like collisions, AI pathing, player movement, and similar stuff to be both fast and as accurate as possible across a variety of platforms. Physics engines also tend to make things far more complicated, especially when you throw multiplayer into the mix. Making the world more complex and detailed makes all of the tech driving it far more complex.

As far as streamlining is concerned, that's not always a bad thing. I mean, do any Monster Hunter players really miss having to collect whetstones? They certainly can go too far (the Morrowind vs. Skyrim comparison you brought up is a perfect example of a game getting too polished), but it's worth taking a good look at each title and seeing if the things that get cut really added anything to the gameplay or if they just added more busy work.

Then there's stuff like Doom Eternal, where the game becomes so mechanically complex compared to previous entries that it alienates certain groups of fans.

Jul 31, 2018
[...]
It's pretty obvious she hates doing the writing. Every single delay in the last like, three years (ever since the the huge delays for converting species to xml) has simply been down to Inno being incapable of just sitting down and writing a few generic paragraphs. In some cases, it's literally just a few paragraphs.
Do you know who else has too much pride to hire people with better skills than him and comes up with many excuses to delay the development of a game over the span of many years?

YandereDev.

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
In the era of cloud backups, it's just the new 'my harddrive failed and I had no backups' bullshit. It isn't reasonable to pretend you lost all your work anymore, so they just play the fake sympathy card and it seems to work every time. Inno just takes it to another level, calling in sick for half a year.

weetweet69

Feb 25, 2019
Instead, we get the all-important armpit sex.
Unless she had some suspiciously wealthy donor that requested it, I can't imagine any justified reason to add it in compared to content everyone else wants. But I guess you gotta milk money from the armpit fucking crowd.

She also could of swallowed that pride and get a couple people to help with development. This game has been in development long enough that if she had a team, we could of gotten more content than just a city and a barely fleshed out village with features not many of us were wanting like armpit sex. Even as a deviant in having a human put a furry into a mating press, I can't see an appeal in rubbing the dick between an armpit.

Do you know who else has too much pride to hire people with better skills than him and comes up with many excuses to delay the development of a game over the span of many years?

YandereDev.
Not far off that mark. All that's needed to make it more like YanDev is someone making a better Lilith's Throne that gets enough attention for a cease and desist demand.

BobaTheOrc

Nov 21, 2018
I'm really disappointed. As someone who works in minimum wage bullshit due to a wide variety of factors both in and out of my control, I've never had the luxury to tell my boss "Hey my depression is acting up again, so I'll be taking a few days off of work. No, no, I'll call you when I'm ready to return. You still got my paycheck, right? Cool!"

The way she's abusing mental issues to put extremely minimal effort into the project that pays her rent, buys her groceries, fills her savings account and keeps a torrent of toys from Amazon flowing to her doorstep is gross. If she's really so depressed, then she should just shelf the project already and stop taking people's money to do basically nothing all year. It's clear she's not enjoying actually working on it, and for the sake of good faith I'll assume everything she's saying is true, then it's ruining her life. Not enough for her to find an alternative source of income, however...

If she could find an alternative source that paid as much and took as little effort, I guarantee we'd never hear from her again.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes