Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
So genuinely curious has anyone ever confronted her directly with their concerns?
A couple people brought up their concerns on her SubStar. Here's the most recent example:

1655127885059.png

MercurialQuark did indeed make a similar (and even more polite) comment on an older post, but I can't seem to view that without becoming a subscriber. I think they actually received more backlash than this, so maybe attitudes are shifting.

Additionally, Inno's blog used to have comments. She disabled them during 0.4.0's development cycle so that she could focus on updating the game, promising to turn them back on when 0.4.0 was released. To this day, comments are still disabled.

CatPerson 25

May 8, 2022
Is it just me,or are H-games just terrible at PR or even basic human interaction as a whole? When it comes to crowd funded things like this I always say it's only a matter of time before they slow down production to a crawl to maximize profits, on the surface crowd funding looks great,but it incentivizes to never complete anything and just keep the project ongoing .

Defterios

May 27, 2020
Bro its been how many months and all we get is one TAVERN filled out and no MSQ progression? This game is pretty much guaranteed to never be completed. Sad!

Reactions: Gojii
Oct 29, 2020
I wonder when/if the game is finally gonna be cancelled because lets be honest: it will never get finished. I'm guessing that it will maybe be put on "hiatus" but actually be abandoned once there isn't enough money coming in anymore.
(Also: I've seen some comments mentioning how it's been in development for years; when did the first version come out?)

Reactions: Parthornax

quanticnoob

Jul 25, 2018
OK legit, I know I am not crazy I was able to get two saves and compare them. The game seems to be swapping Slaves between rooms, and deleting some of them. Is this some mechanic I don't know about, or are slaves broke?

I think this might be related to the problem I had before where Scarlet entered a Limbo state of being owned by me and not being owned by me.

I didn't realize this bug for a while as everytime a slave disappeared I my own memory was at fault, but there something wrong with the game's slave tracking. Also Scarlet went from loving me 100% to despising me out of nowhere. Anyone know a fix? I think it has something to do with me putting slaves into quadruple bedded rooms.

anon8525

Mar 26, 2021
I wonder when/if the game is finally gonna be cancelled because lets be honest: it will never get finished. I'm guessing that it will maybe be put on "hiatus" but actually be abandoned once there isn't enough money coming in anymore.
(Also: I've seen some comments mentioning how it's been in development for years; when did the first version come out?)
you've made me curious so i went to her blog and searched the oldest entries and omg even in 2016 she already had delay after delay
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
source:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah this is nothing new. I stopped following this thread so long ago, and I just check in once in a while to see the same complaints about the dev and game development lol. Humans by default do the bare minimum to get by, we're basically programmed for it. It takes constant active effort to do more most the time. If people are paying you to do nothing, why would you work harder? They set the stage for doing the bare minimum super early on, I dunno why anybody would expect a change at this point. A fool and their money are soon parted, etc, etc.

That's one extra benefit of a team, you have people counting on you to get your parts done so they can finish their shit often. I mean sure, they can all choose to be lazy, but I feel like there's some guilt there or expectations from your partners to keep things moving most the time. Almost any one man team I see working on projects ends up taking for fucking ever and we get excuse after excuse. But everybody thinks they'll be the 1% that can actually do shit on their own, lol. I love how everybody calls out the Stardew Valley dev for being a one man team and like nobody else.

If you don't want to play with others, probably an open world sandbox rpg isn't the way to go. Stick to sidescrollers, VNs, and RPGmaker games, lol. That shit is at least reasonable to solo.

Last edited:

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
Yeah this is nothing new. I stopped following this thread so long ago, and I just check in once in a while to see the same complaints about the dev and game development lol. Humans by default do the bare minimum to get by, we're basically programmed for it. It takes constant active effort to do more most the time. If people are paying you to do nothing, why would you work harder? They set the stage for doing the bare minimum super early on, I dunno why anybody would expect a change at this point. A fool and their money are soon parted, etc, etc.

That's one extra benefit of a team, you have people counting on you to get your parts done so they can finish their shit often. I mean sure, they can all choose to be lazy, but I feel like there's some guilt there or expectations from your partners to keep things moving most the time. Almost any one man team I see working on projects ends up taking for fucking ever and we get excuse after excuse. But everybody thinks they'll be the 1% that can actually do shit on their own, lol. I love how everybody calls out the Stardew Valley dev for being a one man team and like nobody else.

If you don't want to play with others, probably an open world sandbox rpg isn't the way to go. Stick to sidescrollers, VNs, and RPGmaker games, lol. That shit is at least reasonable to solo.
I think most people are mad more so that they not only refuse to hire people to make content for them, but that they allegedly have in the past targeted people for trying to make content for the game without permission.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
So genuinely curious has anyone ever confronted her directly with their concerns?
People have been voicing their concerns for years.

I started following this game back in 2017 - which was a damn long time ago to be remembering all that happened with this community - but I feel like it wasn't always this bad. There were all sorts of posts about Inno's shortcomings and the game's, some gentle, others not so much. When people started to realize all of their comments were falling on deaf ears, that there was no improvement (on the contrary, sometimes it got worse), things devolved from there, occasionally into full blown toxicity.

Nowadays, the community has split into two groups I know of (there are other forums but I'm not wholly familiar with those). Those of us here on F95 and Discord. Neither side gets along with each other. If you go on Discord to talk about the problems this game has, chances are you'll be told to bugger off. Same applies to any Discord-er who comes here to defend Inno and silence us. Inno wrote a long time ago that she reads this thread but I don't know if that's true anymore. She hangs out exclusively on Discord.

I believe Inno as dug herself into a hole she doesn't know how to get out of and it's affecting her health and motivation to work on this. On the other hand, she doesn't necessarily make it easy on herself; she could have hired a team but doesn't want to. She could be more transparent and communicative but isn't. She could learn from her mistakes but doesn't. A chunk of the community lost a great deal of respect for her and her capabilities and there's not a whole lot can she can do (or not do) at this point that won't be criticized either way.

I'll admit our attitude towards the dev isn't exactly healthy nor motivational but I feel like things could have been avoided had Inno been a little more sensible about her methods. Free game or not, it doesn't hurt to have some standards and professionalism, especially when you're being paid to work on this... +7.000$ a month isn't an insignificant amount. At least she doesn't have the crappy attitude YanDev does, and is friendlier towards her fans at Discord. I'll give her that much.

Last edited:

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
I'm really disappointed. As someone who works in minimum wage bullshit due to a wide variety of factors both in and out of my control, I've never had the luxury to tell my boss "Hey my depression is acting up again, so I'll be taking a few days off of work. No, no, I'll call you when I'm ready to return. You still got my paycheck, right? Cool!"

The way she's abusing mental issues to put extremely minimal effort into the project that pays her rent, buys her groceries, fills her savings account and keeps a torrent of toys from Amazon flowing to her doorstep is gross. If she's really so depressed, then she should just shelf the project already and stop taking people's money to do basically nothing all year. It's clear she's not enjoying actually working on it, and for the sake of good faith I'll assume everything she's saying is true, then it's ruining her life. Not enough for her to find an alternative source of income, however...

If she could find an alternative source that paid as much and took as little effort, I guarantee we'd never hear from her again.
Been working a state job as a correctional officer for 14 months now and even in my job you don't get paid on-time or at all if you don't work enough hours. I could theoretically call in as often as I'd want to and even then I'd still be risking a paycheck. It's just too easy and tempting for a lot of these content creators to malinger and get complacent with their working efficacy without any risks to keep them in check. Hell, I'm admittedly lazy as shit and about as disorganized as anyone with AD/HD and this age of Patreon lunacy frustrates the hell out of me.

Reactions: Sarkath

Midas24

Sep 8, 2017
Originally, my draw of the game was that it wasn't Fen, and I wasn't really happy with TiTS, which I still think is a shitty game, and that Fen is a psychopath, and has been documented as a psychopath. Beyond that, I just really liked the character creation and the ability to make slaves into characters I like to violate. I think I spent more time raping people and fucking with slaves than the game itself.

I think part of the reason I'm not complaining too much is that I get sidetracked easily, and I still don't think I've actually explored all the content. I just keep going back to obsessing who I'm gonna make next. Maybe that's why I liked Custom Maid so much.
Woah, what the heck did I miss? Psychopath? The heck did that come from?

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes