Shorsey

Jun 3, 2017
Yeah it's just a insignificant buff

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I googled fox+happiness and it brought up a russian instagram account from a girl who's running some kind of "find happiness in your life" consultation business. Part of the description translates as "help you finding happiness".

Looks like it was a commission from a patreon.

DR3M3R

Jul 7, 2021
From what I've seen, development goes through different, long-lasting phases.

Inno prefers to finish off areas before moving on and that means being stuck in one particular place for several years - a portion of that time is dedicated to progressing the story and then another (perhaps the biggest) chunk used to fill it the area with side-content. This coincides with the timeline of the game - the early game felt like a story-oriented rpg and eventually turned into a sandbox experience when development shifted focus.

We're once again in the phase of extending the story, which should be followed by another long period of side-content being added... assuming history repeats itself and Inno's motivation and interest doesn't run out. There's a chance she may go back and revamp or fill in areas that need it but do keep in mind we're talking about a timespan of literal years. There's an equal chance that things will never go back to what they once were, in which case you're probably better off only checking this game once a year or scratch it off your list of interests.

One could argue that the success of the project has become its own prison. 7k a month is nothing to sneeze at and she gets it regardless of her shortcomings and excuses. What incentive does she have to change, really? If the issue here is her mental health and exhaustion, then she is screwed. She's her own boss - when and how much she works is up to her. There are few jobs out there that offer the same flexibility, benefit and compensation as this. If she's struggling with her own project, with all these advantages, then it's safe to assume she wouldn't last long in an ordinary job unless she's one of those people that perform better under pressure, with supervision and real consequences for failure.

This game has become her lifeline to put food in the table and pay the bills. It's draining every ounce of her will but she cannot let it go because the alternative is scarier. Better pay doesn't always mean better conditions and a happier disposition, it just means it will be harder to let go when shit hits the fan... which it did and still does. And she can't delegate tasks to an official team because then she'd lose agency and ownership over the game and its content. There were projects in the past that got ruined because of disagreements in the dev team.

I think I understand a bit more about the dev now. She has no urgency to work on the game because she's her own boss - no repercussions and all that. She's a chronic procrastinator. It's unfortunate really. LT had potential but I think when a project gets bigger, the person behind the project should also start expanding. Meaning, she should've started hiring people to work on the game a LONG time ago. And i'm not talking about handing the project over to a separate team but hiring people as employees. This way the main dev could've still be on the team to direct where she wanted the game to go while not being stressed about having to work on the game all by herself.

I still have some hope left for the game somehow so I'm gonna keep an eye on this until v1.0 which idk will prolly take decades at this rate

Reactions: FFFFFACK

Sharo

Jan 29, 2018
I still have some hope left for the game somehow so I'm gonna keep an eye on this until v1.0 which idk will prolly take decades at this rate
v1.0 sounds like an impossible dream. v0.3 released December 2018, v0.4 released May 2021, plan for 0.4.4v (current build) was posted January 2022 and released June 2022. So decades might be actually an unrealistic short time frame. If I blow a fuse these days I might chart the progress

DR3M3R

Jul 7, 2021
v1.0 sounds like an impossible dream. v0.3 released December 2018, v0.4 released May 2021, plan for 0.4.4v (current build) was posted January 2022 and released June 2022. So decades might be actually an unrealistic short time frame. If I blow a fuse these days I might chart the progress
Welp, hopefully my grandkids will get to play the v1.0

Sharo

Jan 29, 2018
I recommend using a compass.
A protractor works as well, depending on how big the angle is. I mean if it's REALLY big then I would go with the compass, worst case might have to use a sextant, but that's some next level stuff

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
A protractor works as well, depending on how big the angle is. I mean if it's REALLY big then I would go with the compass, worst case might have to use a sextant, but that's some next level stuff
PROTRACTOR!

That's the word. I couldn't think of it.

I'm very tired... someone in my neighborhood has decided that they're going to set off a firework every hour, all night long.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Just a short question How do we find a angle ??
Angels, though built into the game and seen in a couple of flashback NPCs (and the NPC that runs the gift shop is an angel if you peer through the code), aren't accessible in normal gameplay. The only way to become an angel is via the debug BUGGY menu, and AFAIK there isn't even a cheat item that can turn someone else into an angel, so outside of mods you'd have to do save editing and/or character import antics to create more.

Sharo

Jan 29, 2018
Angels, though built into the game and seen in a couple of flashback NPCs (and the NPC that runs the gift shop is an angel if you peer through the code), aren't accessible in normal gameplay. The only way to become an angel is via the debug BUGGY menu, and AFAIK there isn't even a cheat item that can turn someone else into an angel, so outside of mods you'd have to do save editing and/or character import antics to create more.
You can transform slimes into angelic slimes without any debug menus or mods IIRC

Reactions: BaloneyAmone

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Honestly, I'm a little disappointed in the whole elemental system being considered even remotely a suitable replacement for companions. They sound more like specters or spirit forms rather than material beings, which makes finding the right images to use for them oddly difficult. I haven't played with them much (pun intended), but so far they are not as appealing as having the old companion system. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm just missing something, but still.

Also, angels I feel pretty much characterize this game in nearly every facet of it...untapped potential, built in long ago, but is either seldom utilized in even the most fundamental or rudimentary fashion or is so horribly broken, unfinished, or unoptomized that it may as well be long forgotten anyways.

Last edited:

Skooky

Nov 3, 2021
Also, angels I feel pretty much characterize this game in nearly every facet of it...untapped potential, built in long ago, but is either seldom utilized in even the most fundamental or rudimentary fashion or is so horribly broken, unfinished, or unoptomized that it may as well be long forgotten anyways.
I thought that Angels not being in the game yet is because the plot just hasn't progressed long enough for them warranting showing up.
It's stated that the demons won and kind of genocided them, so if some remain they'd definitely not be in Dominion or probably the demon UK in general.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I thought that Angels not being in the game yet is because the plot just hasn't progressed long enough for them warranting showing up.
It's stated that the demons won and kind of genocided them, so if some remain they'd definitely not be in Dominion or probably the demon UK in general.
One of them is in Dominion, the statue in slavers alley. Go look at it after you've talked to Lily's mom. And yes I know that the gift shop owner is also technically an angel but that's a holdover from some long forgotten insert of one of Inno's friends.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes