CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Any 3d people in the thread? I'm making a model of Meraxis and I'd like feedback.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I am not sure what you mean by 3D people, but I can offer my personal thoughts if you like.

I would recommend that you tone down the red on her nose. It makes her look like Roudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
This is just my opinion and I know the drawn character has big ears, but it doesn't look quite as well on that model, I would suggest that you make them about half the size they are right now, they look a little silly to me.

Does the game have any cheats?
Type in the word BUGGY (not case sensitive) on any empty tile in the map. It gives you options to transform yourself, add money, essences, items, spawn various enemies (on alley tiles), and you can view information about any kid you have whether you have met them or not.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
how did inno manage to break the whole ui while doing bugfixes? or did someone screw up compiling 4.4.2?
Well, it works kinda like this...

First, take a few months off to fuck around and play video games. You don't want to do the small amount of writing that you need to do, so lets do something else.

Then after a long ass delay, you come back and say things are going to be coming next week. But you don't feel like it, so you delay another week and say you have covid. No one's going to question covid, even if you do apparently have it bad enough that you can't work but it still magically goes away in less than a week leaving you with only a cough.

But then you have to finally put something out. But not the writing you don't want to do, fuck that.

So you go through your change requests. Some of the descriptions look neat, so you add them. But the change log is still too short for three months of work, so you start adding a few extra. Still too short, add a few more. Oh but now we don't have time to test everything, assuming we bothered doing boring testing anyways.

Eh fuck it. You got away with releasing a major multi-year long huge release without any of the content, lets just put this out. The slaves will fix the bug next week and we'll have something else to post without having to do that writing we hate.

The important part is that the writing got put off again. Maybe next year.

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017

First, take a few months off to fuck around and play video games. You don't want to do the small amount of writing that you need to do, so lets do something else.

Then after a long ass delay, you come back and say things are going to be coming next week. But you don't feel like it, so you delay another week and say you have covid. No one's going to question covid, even if you do apparently have it bad enough that you can't work but it still magically goes away in less than a week leaving you with only a cough.

But then you have to finally put something out. But not the writing you don't want to do, fuck that.

So you go through your change requests. Some of the descriptions look neat, so you add them. But the change log is still too short for three months of work, so you start adding a few extra. Still too short, add a few more. Oh but now we don't have time to test everything, assuming we bothered doing boring testing anyways.

Eh fuck it. You got away with releasing a major multi-year long huge release without any of the content, lets just put this out. The slaves will fix the bug next week and we'll have something else to post without having to do that writing we hate.

Sorry but that's a weird to see people stating that she doesn't like to write... Writing is the basics of creating a text game. You need to love writing, creating stories, worlds and characters, or you'll just get burned.

For me, I can't imagine creating a text-game with intresting story and do a good job at the long-run without loving writing.

I'm not defending the dev, just saying that if she doesn't like writing, she might have chosen the wrong path.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Polarthief

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
I would recommend that you tone down the red on her nose. It makes her look like Roudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
This is just my opinion and I know the drawn character has big ears, but it doesn't look quite as well on that model, I would suggest that you make them about half the size they are right now, they look a little silly to me.
Yeah... I overdid the redness on the quick texture paint. Defiantly toning it down in the final model. The sword ears too.

I'm a 2D being, sorry.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I though about the glowing eye, but it eats so much render time for such a subtle effect. My potato can only handle so much before overheating.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Sorry but that's a weird to see people stating that she doesn't like to write... Writing is the basics of creating a text game. You need to love writing, creating stories, worlds and characters, or you'll just get burned.

For me, I can't imagine creating a text-game with intresting story and do a good job at the long-run without loving writing.

I'm not defending the dev, just saying that if she doesn't like writing, she might have chosen the wrong path.
If you go back through all the delays for the last few years and look at what specifically doesn't get done on time or what what the current thing that needs to be done is when a delay happens, it's always writing. Programming, mechanics, features, these all seem to get worked on normally. But the moment that we just need to knock a few scenes out, all progress halts for months.

Just look at the tavern content, for the recent example. Or the super long, constant delays while trying to fill out placeholder content for both Nyan and Helena's quests. Or the main story.

And not even like, a lot of writing. LT is pretty writing light compared to most text adventure games thanks to constantly re-using scripts. But anytime writing is the roadblock, you can expect a long delay.

Shorsey

Jun 3, 2017

Inno said she is tired of writing and burned out because she forced herself to do it.
I can't remember where she said it, was quite some time ago, but you'll probably finde some sauce for it here if you search.

Airell

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
If you go back through all the delays for the last few years and look at what specifically doesn't get done on time or what what the current thing that needs to be done is when a delay happens, it's always writing. Programming, mechanics, features, these all seem to get worked on normally. But the moment that we just need to knock a few scenes out, all progress halts for months.

Just look at the tavern content, for the recent example. Or the super long, constant delays while trying to fill out placeholder content for both Nyan and Helena's quests. Or the main story.

And not even like, a lot of writing. LT is pretty writing light compared to most text adventure games thanks to constantly re-using scripts. But anytime writing is the roadblock, you can expect a long delay.
Inno said she is tired of writing and burned out because she forced herself to do it.
I can't remember where she said it, was quite some time ago, but you'll probably finde some sauce for it here if you search.
So... I will consider that Innoxia doesn't like to write. In that case, there aren't many options left. You can't keep a text game like that, no matter how small the writing is. Writing will always be torture if you don't love it, and you'll always have to force yourself to do it.

What is the expected quality and productivity? Either she hires a writer for the game, or I'm sorry to say, but it's likely you guys are going to be here forever without ever getting any meaningful content.

My point of view is biased as I understand well how development works. It's not easy, and if you don't love what you do, it's simply unbearable.

Edit: She's also very lucky to have so much help with the code, and such an active modder community.

Polarthief

Dec 29, 2021

My god, you just won the thread with this post. Well done.

She liked it at some point and then decided to stop giving a fuck once the full time job bucks rolled in, and for some reason, the simps just keep giving her money because they're fucking stupid.

What is the expected quality and productivity? Either she hires a writer for the game, or I'm sorry to say, but it's likely you guys are going to be here forever without ever getting any meaningful content.
I mean, it's literally been over a year (closer to 2 years) since we got any meaningful content. At this point we can consider the project all-but-abandoned-yet-still-being-"worked-on"-and-overpaid-for.

My point of view is biased as I understand well how development works. It's not easy, and if you don't love what you do, it's simply unbearable.
She's making over $7,000 a MONTH to have done virtually nothing in the last 2 years. That's $168,000 she was paid to do maybe a week's worth of actual work. There's literally no excuse. The game's just a front for her to pretend she's actually doing something, when in reality, she's living off the simps throwing money at her to do nothing.

PS: That 168k is a very lowballed number too because I know it's higher than 7k, but I'm too annoyed/lazy to go check how much the game is making now.

Shorsey

Jun 3, 2017
Either she hires a writer for the game,
She refuses to do that. Officially, she doesn't want anyone screwing up her world building.
Personally i think, considering her general attitude and discord massages, it's more of a pride thing. She hates the thought of someone doing a better job at writing than her.

or I'm sorry to say, but it's likely you guys are going to be here forever without ever getting any meaningful content.
I'd say 90% of people here don't expect this to be ever finished. Just glance over the last 40 or so posts and you'll get a general idea of mosts people attidude towards Inno and the game.
And there are of course a lot of people who are just here for the running joke about her constant delays or posts like "i stubbed my toe, can't work for 3 months.
[/QUOTE]

Edit: She's also very lucky to have so much help with the code, and such an active modder community.
That's sadly all this game is nowadays. Let others do the work, be lazy and let them stuff their money down your throat.

Reactions: FFFFFACK

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Just popping in to ask if anyone has a working version of the newest patch?
And I know someone put up a jar version but...
1) jars don't works for me ever.
2) the fact the jar version is missing folders anyways so it doesn't work!

Airell

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
She's making over $7,000 a MONTH to have done virtually nothing in the last 2 years. That's $168,000 she was paid to do maybe a week's worth of actual work. There's literally no excuse. The game's just a front for her to pretend she's actually doing something, when in reality, she's living off the simps throwing money at her to do nothing.

PS: That 168k is a very lowballed number too because I know it's higher than 7k, but I'm too annoyed/lazy to go check how much the game is making now.
I know, my friend. I'm not justifying Innoxia's behavior or defending her. If a dev is neglecting the work or seriously lacking in commitment, this should be criticized. Especially when it comes to high support values.

Shorsey

Jun 3, 2017
Just popping in to ask if anyone has a working version of the newest patch?
And I know someone put up a jar version but...
1) jars don't works for me ever.
2) the fact the jar version is missing folders anyways so it doesn't work!
Have you tried starting it through a bat file?

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Have you tried starting it through a bat file?
I've been trying but the directions make no sense. I can't figure out what it actually wants me to type.

I think the fact that the ENTIRE Data folder is missing is also a major issue.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
I've been trying but the directions make no sense. I can't figure out what it actually wants me to type.

I think the fact that the ENTIRE Data folder is missing is also a major issue.
You should probably redownload/re-extract it then, optimally using a different mirror since you should probably have a data folder.
In terms of a .bat file to brute-force, you'll need all of two lines:
Code:
@ECHO OFF
start javaw -jar LilithsThrone_0_4_4_2.jar
Also, you may need to manually define where java is if it doesn't work.
Once it's done, just save in the same directory where the jar file is, and it should hopefully be good to go with a double-click.

Reactions: Shadowmaset

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
You should probably redownload/re-extract it then, optimally using a different mirror since you should probably have a data folder.
In terms of a .bat file to brute-force, you'll need all of two lines:
Code:
@ECHO OFF
start javaw -jar LilithsThrone_0_4_4_2.jar
Also, you may need to manually define where java is if it doesn't work.
Once it's done, just save in the same directory where the jar file is, and it should hopefully be good to go with a double-click.
That's good to know. But I can't do anything about the data folder since I got it from an earlier post on here. And for some reason, every mid-point update like this one, they NEVER ever have the data folders.

Shorsey

Jun 3, 2017
That's good to know. But I can't do anything about the data folder since I got it from an earlier post on here. And for some reason, every mid-point update like this one, they NEVER ever have the data folders.
The data folder contains saves, settings and stuff like that and will be created after you started the game ones. Don't copy it from someone else.

Make sure the bat file is in the same folder and the name is correct.

kinka

Aug 7, 2017
IDK where i should put this, but having a option to tie Content options to a save file would be nice.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes