PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
the development is so fucking slow,that it would take another 15 years to get first part of the game to semi-finished state,and that's just some text game with visual UI and it have like 4 or something regions with global map. his offspring and their children would have to finish what their progenitor started at this rate.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Yeah, outside of slight perk bonuses there's no real racial interaction within the game outside of "Demons = cream of society" and "Imps = bane of existence". I'd expect more seeing how poorly humanity can treat each other based on ethnicity and nationality. Which to a degree makes sense due to pride and prejudice. You'd think Being a catgirl/boy would mean trouble dealing with a dogboy/girl. Maybe the shop owner Ralph is an ungulates purists. So if you're a centaur or mixed he hikes the price, and if you're a mare or normal ungulates morph you get cheaper prices. You can have dog morphs have good relationships with sheep and rabbits morphs because like in the real world they would be shepherds; Protecting them from threats that would harm them. While wolf morphs receive prejudice from prey morphs based solely on appearance and past history. You know, make the world a little more alive?
This was ""sort of"" implemented into the game.
IIRC dogs get a buff when fighting cats, wolves get a buff against sheep, etc. Not all species have such buffs, only when it makes sort of sense. It's kind of sad that the only thing that really spices the world is a couple of stat changes between the races...

Last edited:

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Anyone has a build for 0.4.4.5 ?
You can download the .jar version from the OP.
I personally can't get it to run, the .bat file doesn't do jack and neither does messing around with the java files. Maybe you'll have better luck.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
I just downloaded and extracted it, there both a LilithsThrone_0_4_4.jar and a lt.bat in my folder so I have no idea what you did to your files.
The .bat file is a hacky workaround if running the .jar doesn't work on double-click, but Java is otherwise working properly. If the .jar works for you, you can just use that, and you won't need the .bat file; otherwise, running the .bat will make the game run.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Hey weird Question guys, but how do I let my slaves fight and follow me or hell anyone I'm friends with?
The only NPCs that can follow and fight for you are your elementals (exceptionally, other NPCs may follow you as well, temporarily, as part of a quest). The companion system that allowed you to team up with any NPC was deprecated a long time ago but you can still enable it in the game's options if you so choose. Just be aware that doing so is liable to break shit in your game. If bad stuff happens don't expect much in terms of support...

Last edited:

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
I'm very sure someone has done this before, but I have a bit of free time rn and got to thinking again about just how much you could theoretically cut out of the race type system if you were cleaning it up. Looking at the furry preferences menu, I'm thinking:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Eleventy million races down to between, what, 18 and 21, depending on whether any of dragon, youko, and harpy really need to be their own thing for reasons of unique cultures and/or major mechanical distinctions that can't be handled by existing mechanics (like making youko NPCs be canines with appropriate part choices and perk points in magic). And it would be open-ended enough to cover a lot of future development; there's no need for a "moose" race to ever exist when you can just add a "moose antler" part to the cervid race and the player can use moose furry art if they want. No more special subtypes to change your race name and stats because your bunny ears hang down instead of standing up or you made your fur white.

As far as demons go, I checked and imps do already have an option to disable their wings (and tail!) so you can indeed make one bald and green and wingless and put goblin art on it if you want a character to be short and weak/low-status and look like that. So "goblins" are already in the game in every way that matters, unless the player can't become an imp by becoming a demon and transforming to be short (don't know, never been a demon).

The only things that would actually still merit special subtype names are, I think, half-demons. Some of the half-demon special names like "hellhound" are kind of cute, and even though they're statistically identical the game does already track which half-demons have access to which species parts so you may as well acknowledge it. Redundant things like having both "hellhound" and "vargr" would be cut down, though.

Anyway, just having fun and thinking out loud for a few minutes, I know for a fact none of this will ever happen and I'll probably never be in a position where I'm seriously working on a game of my own either. But things like LT's furry preference menu would definitely bug me a lot less if someone took a hatchet to it.

Last edited:

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I'm very sure someone has done this before, but I have a bit of free time rn and got to thinking again about just how much you could theoretically cut out of the race type system if you were cleaning it up.
While the number of races is pretty silly, I completely understand why the dev is keeping all of them and even introducing more.

Her main audience are Furries after all, who are known to spend hundreds, if not thousands, on personalized drawings of their fursonas and such. So a system that allows her patrons to create their favorite tiger-fennec-dragon hybrid bullshit will make her a lot more money than a streamlined one that would make for better gameplay.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I would be completely fine with this. To make hybridization easier, I feel like wings and maybe horns should be considered species-neutral rather than associated with a particular genus. That way you can become a pegasus without the risk of becoming part avian. You have leathery wings (for bats and demons), feathered wings (for birds and angels) and insectoid wings (for bugs).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: H8MyselfLoathing

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
I would be completely fine with this. To make hybridization easier, I feel like wings and maybe horns should be considered species-neutral rather than associated with a particular genus. That way you can become a pegasus without the risk of becoming part avian. You have leathery wings (for bats and demons), feathered wings (for birds and angels) and insectoid wings (for bugs).
True, there would definitely need to be some kind of wiggle room like that, I'm about to have to dash out the door so I didn't have more time to doodle anything about it. I think wings and horns being neutral would be a great, simple patch idea, though for the one example I remember mentioning I think calling the part "moose horns" would still be good as a descriptor even if it doesn't literally count towards being a cervid.

And maybe if you mixed together enough non-neutral parts you fall into the catch-all "chimera" (or whatever) so the game has something tidy to refer to you with. I forgot to consider complete patchwork choices.

FamousPotato

Jan 7, 2018
For those who can't run the game from the .bat file, you need java installed for it to actually work. ( if you start a command prompt and type in "Java", you should get something that isn't "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command"

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes