username16492

Sep 20, 2020
I can't seem to get this to run at all I downloaded the Java in the Read Me but maybe that's outdated? Does someone know what the correct Java is?

Edit: defo have Java installed, might need to reset the "open with" thing, anyone know how to do that?

Last edited:

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
i think my question becomes 'why is everyone trying to run it through a .bat file when a standard .exe exists...i presume?

because i'm playing this from version 4.4.5 - yes, i finally gave in to see if anything new has been added...it hasn't - i genuinely dont get the .bat file issue.

then again, because i like to cheat whenever i can and just want to rush through to see new content, i'm playing on the Lolilith's Throne mod for that sweet sweet exp multiplier, and the only file in it is a .jar executable, so...yeah, i just dont get the .bat file issue

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
I can't seem to get this to run at all I downloaded the Java in the Read Me but maybe that's outdated? Does someone know what the correct Java is?

Edit: defo have Java installed, might need to reset the "open with" thing, anyone know how to do that?
the only way i know is a reinstallation, but that's pretty easy with java thankfully. or you could go into the nifty little setting tab it has and simply reset settings. whatever custom settings you have for it would need to be redone, duh, but it should work. or, if that doesn't work or you dont do it for some reason...hope?

EDIT: i remember there being an issue with Java and LT not liking each other all that much, and the way to fix it would be to either reinstall java, or go back an update or two.

FamousPotato

Jan 7, 2018
i think my question becomes 'why is everyone trying to run it through a .bat file when a standard .exe exists...i presume?

because i'm playing this from version 4.4.5 - yes, i finally gave in to see if anything new has been added...it hasn't - i genuinely dont get the .bat file issue.

then again, because i like to cheat whenever i can and just want to rush through to see new content, i'm playing on the Lolilith's Throne mod for that sweet sweet exp multiplier, and the only file in it is a .jar executable, so...yeah, i just dont get the .bat file issue
The default Windows download is a jar file accompanied by a bat file, jar files are not by default executable if you don't have java enabled. and if you don't have java enabled the .bat is the only one that is launchable, but the .bat file still needs java installed... so it fails. hence the people complaining about the game not launching where others see no issue.
1659828379037.png

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
--BIG FUCKIN POST--
The problem I have with all that is that it runs the risk of paring it down too much for a game relying mostly on text. It would probably improve performance and definitely reduce the game's size, which I ordinarily have no problem with, but it comes at the cost of easily IDing what you're looking at. And that's kind of a big deal, 'cause again, game's text-based.
What pops into your head when I say 'avian' versus 'owl-morph'? 'Feline' versus 'tiger'? And if you've got a rodent with a fat ass, you could be looking at a standard capybara or motherfuckin' Biggie Cheese.
Some of them can be condensed or removed, I'll give you that. Rabbits can be cut down, the only difference between the subtypes is the ears. Harpies can be taken down to just harpies because the only appreciable visual difference there is gonna be coloration - unless I missed it, bald eagle harpies don't all have the 'brave' trait. Keeping owls and eagles/hawks as noted raptor sub-species makes sense because there's enough of a difference between the two that you aren't just dragging a few color swatches around.

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
I just downloaded and extracted it, there both a LilithsThrone_0_4_4.jar and a lt.bat in my folder so I have no idea what you did to your files.
The only thing that I get from lt.bat is "Printing to error.log". Though I was successful at forcefully opening the winrar file through java and got an error prompt, but the game launched after that. My PC is just weird I guess.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
The only thing that I get from lt.bat is "Printing to error.log". Though I was successful at forcefully opening the winrar file through java and got an error prompt, but the game launched after that. My PC is just weird I guess.
Maybe you have winrar set as the standard program to open .jar files. Might explain why it looks like a winrar file for you.

username16492

Sep 20, 2020
the only way i know is a reinstallation, but that's pretty easy with java thankfully. or you could go into the nifty little setting tab it has and simply reset settings. whatever custom settings you have for it would need to be redone, duh, but it should work. or, if that doesn't work or you dont do it for some reason...hope?

EDIT: i remember there being an issue with Java and LT not liking each other all that much, and the way to fix it would be to either reinstall java, or go back an update or two.
Nope that didn't work. I reinstalled multiple times, both Java and LT. The .bat does nothing but open command prompt and immediately close without inputting or doing anything as far as I can tell. The .jar doesn't do anything. Damn why isn't there the .exe version half the time?

Aug 27, 2020
Nah, not just them, I've run the .jar and then the .bat, as well as a previously made run.bat file that has one line to correct the .jar not executing it's own script (go figure). Also, this seems to have the .jar and .bat files oddly named one version behind, that being 0.4.4, not 0.4.4.5, is this causing our issue? I'm even less than a script kiddy, so any advice would be greatly appreciated from our more technologically literate forum users

Last edited:

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
The problem I have with all that is that it runs the risk of paring it down too much for a game relying mostly on text. It would probably improve performance and definitely reduce the game's size, which I ordinarily have no problem with, but it comes at the cost of easily IDing what you're looking at. And that's kind of a big deal, 'cause again, game's text-based.
What pops into your head when I say 'avian' versus 'owl-morph'? 'Feline' versus 'tiger'? And if you've got a rodent with a fat ass, you could be looking at a standard capybara or motherfuckin' Biggie Cheese.
Like I kind of skimmed over in the reptile part, ideally this would be smoothed over by referencing the colors and names of some of the body parts (which the game can already do). Examples off the top of my head for my daydream revamp:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Describing a capybara specifically would admittedly be a little odd because they're not really physically distinctive animals with recognizable parts, it's their demeanor and behavior that anyone remembers them for. So for a randomly generated street mugger NPC with the same copy-pasted dialogue as everyone else, yeah, not so much. Your capybara mugger would just be another unmemorable blob of generic rodent, unless any given player knows that what sounds like a tailless beaver is probably a capybara instead. On the other hand, though, if you can meet the pre-written NPC Sheila Lastname in the public baths in the evenings, there's nothing stopping the writer from saying "you see a brown rodent-morph with a thick body, vestigial tail, and webbed feet relaxing in the water; you recognize her as resembling a capybara." Or alternately, "Oh, yeah, my family takes after capybaras. We just can't get enough of the water. You wanna join me?"

And having interacted with Miss Sheila Lastname, the player then might go "oh yeah, that mugger was another one of these I guess." It's not perfect, and not all possible animals would be immediately obvious (like a white bear is an obvious polar bear, but a generic alley ringtail and generic alley raccoon would only be distinguishable by the player picking specific furry art to use) but I think it could be handled more or less okay, maybe.

(Again, though, admitting that I also just personally really, really want to take a hatchet to that species menu. :ROFLMAO: )

Last edited:

Abuzze

Oct 22, 2020
Can't you just have a slime transform into a dragon and them unslimify them too?
Well, that, designer NPC shop and transform potions would work to to make any NPC into a dragon, legit without hacks.

However that wouldn't feel the same as finding a "trueborn" dragon - when anyone can be a super-rare elusive species, that species (and achievement of finding it) stops being super-rare and elusive.

Reactions: Bonezo

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Well, that, designer NPC shop and transform potions would work to to make any NPC into a dragon, legit without hacks.

However that wouldn't feel the same as finding a "trueborn" dragon - when anyone can be a super-rare elusive species, that species (and achievement of finding it) stops being super-rare and elusive.
Just breed more of them and release them back to nature.

Reactions: Gillern

Abuzze

Oct 22, 2020
Just breed more of them and release them back to nature.
I tried breeding a dragon (f) slave with dragon (m) slave. They produced a lot of fleshy dragons, but seems like this didnt affect the spawn rates or introduce new random encounters whatesoever.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
I tried breeding a dragon (f) slave with dragon (m) slave. They produced a lot of fleshy dragons, but seems like this didnt affect the spawn rates or introduce new random encounters whatesoever.
From what I know, breeding slaves doesn't really do anything. In fact, dragons can't actually spawn in the game yet, since they're only slated to exist in zones that have no encounters; to get them to spawn, you'll have to edit the dragon.xml file under res/race/dsg/dragon/subspecies and add DOMINION to the <regionLocations> tag in order for them to show up in the city.

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
Preeeetty sure that was a joke.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes