anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Does anyone know how to use Lasielle's ability cause I've been playing around with the game mechanics(debug mode) and I've had no luck in using it since activating it.
Most likely you can't use it. The various Elder Lillin perks were added more so people could transform into other forms than just human. I doubt that Lasielle's power will be coded into the game until sometime in 2135.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
You are implying that there were multiple lawsuits between 1985 to 2004 which GPL lost, but rather there just were not any lawsuits on it during that time period. Generally speaking, companies actually adhered to the license, as per apple.
No, I implied "is that really the only court case?"

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
And you not explained what " I'd want to get modifications of the code back in this case. " means here. Get modifications back to where? Get modifications from fork into main?!
What they mean is 'Copyleft' licensing, like most lefty things, is 'freedom' with strings attached.
Unlike MIT or BSD where you have absolute freedom to use the given software as you wish, including making closed forks, GPL/etc requires that any code built off it is required to also be open source so that modifications downstream can backflow to the main fork.

Does it? I know it chased me away from modding the game. Maybe this was Inno's best option for her goals but it left a sour taste in my mouth.
Yes it does.
By default the author of a contribution maintains Copyright on a submission, the Projects gets to use that under license.
The issue is though is that as the Copyright holder they can revoke that license (though that is one of the 'loop holes' that AGPL plugged - GPL2 does still have this loop hole in theory (there was a big thing a few years ago where several big Linux Kernel contributors threatened to pull their commits because of all the political BS that was infesting the project (they didn't bother though - go figure))).
So what smart community projects do is have a Contributors Agreement to prevent this: usually either its a full on draconian one where the submitter agrees to transfer Copyright and Ownership to the Project; or a mutually fair one where the original Author/Owner maintains their Copyright but agrees to grant the Project an unlimited and perpetual usage license (that way the contributor can use their creation elsewhere/other projects, and the project doesn't risk suddenly having the asset rug pulled out from under them)

Bicocklover5656

Apr 11, 2021
Please, for what's left of my sanity's sake, learn to use punctuation.
I am Sure that I Apologized For this flaw of mine...So I will take this the time to Apologize once more
And add one other Apology and say that I am Sorry but I dont think my brain will suddenly just be able to Catch up and Comprehend to fix my flaws Just for the sake of Your Sanity

Hope you and everyone else has a wonderful day

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
I am Sure that I Apologized For this flaw of mine...So I will take this the time to Apologize once more
And add one other Apology and say that I am Sorry but I dont think my brain will suddenly just be able to Catch up and Comprehend to fix my flaws Just for the sake of Your Sanity

Hope you and everyone else has a wonderful day
Not to piss in your cornflakes, but I really would take the time to practice some.
I won't demand you copy me comma for comma, but if you add some in to clarify and partition your thoughts, it'll make people far better inclined towards you later. Especially if you drop another monolith like you did earlier.
I'm not asking for my sake, but yours, and for the quality of your interactions going forward.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
as just a lowly basement dweller who likes to write code to help others and geninuely only really wants name reconition for helping out. What copyright thing is for me?

Reactions: H8MyselfLoathing

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
as just a lowly basement dweller who likes to write code to help others and geninuely only really wants name reconition for helping out. What copyright thing is for me?
That's not really something a license guarantees. Realistically, you can get this sort of recognition if you contribute to a project with a proprietary license.

The thing you need to be mindful of is how a given project's management credits contributors. Some rely solely on commit history (not particularly visible, but it's basically set in stone as long as they don't use a squash commit merge style), while some might have a CONTRIBUTORS file listing everyone who helps out (this is how it's done in the Linux git repo, for example). There isn't a one-size-fits-all solution, and you'll have to do some quick scouting in order to get a feel for how each project handles it.

SheepPun

Mar 30, 2021
It's always fun to watch this thread derail into talks about coding, writing and legal antics for creative works

Insert obligatory "because there's nothing else to talk about" joke here

Skooky

Nov 3, 2021
And now for the second half of finding Lilith's Throne.
It sounds gross, but I cannot wait to watch that apple-cheeked enthusiasm fade. One of us... one of us...
As someone who started with CoC, I've build up a resistance for disappointment.

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
As someone who started with CoC, I've build up a resistance for disappointment.
are we trying to out hipster eachother.
I started with um um um.... untitled game.
Honestly i'm not sure how i started with untitled game since i remember find a thread called Champion of Corruption (yes, it's backwards) on ULMF and somehow that led to untitled game rather than CoC

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
It's always fun to watch this thread derail into talks about coding, writing and legal antics for creative works

well tbh thats pretty true and for me I generally only try to step in during these derailment points when I honestly have a question and I can see the people here know what they are talking about.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018

Beats the circle hate jerking, and is potentially productive. After all most people here seem to suffer from "bitch eating crackers" as it's called. Lurk for long enough you see people complaining no story content was added, then when it is added they complain the coding isn't being optimized, then when it is being optimized you see people complain that... etc.

Argentus67

Nov 19, 2021
Guys is there a way to disable the tooltip pop ups such as this one? for most of the time it's obscuring the item and pervents me from using/clicking on it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

blackchimaera

Jun 7, 2019
How hard would it be to mod in more 'sex moves'? Basically, I wish there were both dominant and submissive smothering fetish actions like:

Breast Smother/Breast Worship, Butt Smother/Butt Worship, Pussy Smother/Worship, Cock Smother/Worship, Thigh Smother/Worship, Foot Smother/Worship and even Armpit Smother/Worship,

to fit in under the established Fetishes.

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
Beats the circle hate jerking, and is potentially productive. After all most people here seem to suffer from "bitch eating crackers" as it's called. Lurk for long enough you see people complaining no story content was added, then when it is added they complain the coding isn't being optimized, then when it is being optimized you see people complain that... etc.
can show there's reasonable progress being able on either story or infrastructure?
New Version.

v0.4.6.7 Patch Notes
FriendlyAlienFriend's Artwork ( ):

• Added artwork for Astrapi, including pregnant and crotch-boob variations. (Crotch boobs will be shown if your 'Crotch-boob & Udder Content' content setting is turned on.) Astrapi can't be impregnated at the moment, but I'll add pregnancy content for her for the next update!
  • Added artwork for Vronti.
Contributors:
  • Fixed a significant amount of typos and grammatical errors. (PR#1701 by Lis)
  • Significant rework and refactor of Controller classes, improved UI handling, and added a 4th +/- button to the fluid storage and regeneration transformation menus. (PR#1713 by Maxis010)
  • Fixed issue where subspecies changes for dragons, coatls, and gryphons didn't account for taur/lamia leg configurations when assigning minimum wing size. (by MintyChip)
  • Added 'banana' as a new fluid flavouring. (PR#1696 by DSG)
  • Added mythical 'salamander' race, with two subspecies; 'flame salamanders' and 'frost salamanders'. (PR#1707 by MintyChip)
  • Added 'panda' as a subspecies to the 'bear' race. (PR#1697 by DSG)
  • Balanced the flame value calculations for enchanted items, clothing and weapons. (PR#1695 by Maxis010)
  • Improved error reporting for parser state errors and improved the parser so that it skips svg files within the parsed input. (PR#1690 by CognitiveMist)
  • Added a specific flag to indicate the player's lilin heritage rather than just checking if they are a demon. (PR#1688 by MintyChip)
  • Added fetish selection options to sexual experience menu during the prologue's character creation process. (PR#1687 by MintyChip)
  • Added Java vendor and basic OS information to error.log to help improve troubleshooting. (by CognitiveMist)
  • Fixed grammatical issues in the alligator-morph's racial descriptions. (PR#1685 by Maymay)
  • Fixed a cause of the issue where NPCs self-equipping condoms would react as though someone else had equipped the condom. (by Maxis010)
  • Fixed bug where a character with an aquatic-tailed lower body would have their leg and feet equipment incorrectly blocked and unblocked, due to the wrong status effects being checked. (by Stadler)
  • Added 'latex leggings' (feminine, leg slot, sold by Finch, latex lover set). (by Sage)
  • Fixed issue with some buttons in Kate's cosmetics dialogues being unresponsive. (by Maxis010)
  • Made LT runnable directly on the most recent Java LTS (17) and created an automatic build and release pipeline to reduce workload using Maven. Also fixed several opaque elements which were supposed to be transparent. (PR#1684 by Tazze)
  • Added the ability to choose either the feminine or masculine Enforcer's uniform when progressing past Brax's stage of the main quest. (PR#1721 by Nonny5Mouse)
  • Enabled setting furry level for salamander spawns. (PR#1730 by Stadler)
  • Replaced an instance of a deprecated newInstance() method. (by AceXP)
Gameplay:
  • Added bad ends to losing combat against the harpy matriarchs in the Harpy Nests.
Sex:
  • Characters with a spinneret can now only apply webbing to themselves or their sexual partners if they have the related permission to manage their own/others clothing.
  • NPCs will now only equip condoms to themselves or their partners if they dislike the associated 'cum stud' or 'cum addict' fetishes. Previous behaviour was to equip if they disliked or were neutral to the fetishes, so this should reduce the amount of NPCs wanting to equip condoms.
  • NPCs will now only equip BDSM or latex gear onto their partners if they like or love the 'bondage applier' fetish.
  • If Meraxis doesn't have a fetish that's associated with her post-duel sex scenes, she will now end sex after she's orgasmed once, instead of when the player has orgasmed once, thereby always giving you the opportunity to influence her fetishes when she orgasms.
Other:
  • The 'Crotch-boobs & Udders' body setting now only applies to randomly-generated NPCs at the moment of their creation (as was stated in the option's tooltip), allowing all characters to gain crotch-boobs/udders via TF no matter the setting.
  • Added a new 'Crotch-boob & Udder Content' setting in the 'Sex & Fetishes' content options to enable/disable udder-related sex actions and udder transformations to be inflicted upon the player. (Enabled by default.)
  • Darkened inventory slot icons in the tattoo view panel to differentiate it from normal inventory view.
  • Added finer control over sex experience count in character creation and custom slave ordering screens, added anilingus experience, and made it so anal sex experiences are hidden if anal content is disabled.
Bugs:
  • Parsing fixes.
  • Fixed several rendering issue with the buyback menu.
  • Fixed issue where the women's watch in character creation had random primary and secondary colours.
  • Fixed bug where penile virginity losses would be reset at the end of character creation.
  • World and place names in the UI are now correctly parsed.
  • Fixed issue in the 'owned by random NPC' content, where when the NPC took you to get tattooed, the tattoo in the 'lower abdomen' slot would work fine, but the one in the 'lower back' slot would never be given.
  • Fixed bug in the post-fight scenes when encountering centauresses in Themiscyra, where sometimes Aurokaris would be identified by the game as being one of the two centauress attackers.
  • Fixed issue where unequipping clothing when multiple layers were covering the clothing to be unequipped would sometimes not work correctly. (This is likely still slightly bugged, but I will properly fix it for the update.)
  • Fixed issue where imported characters would sometimes fail to load in correctly.
  • Fixed causes of the issue where Dominion-alley-demons, cultists, Kate, and Ralph would react to self-equipping condoms as though someone else had equipped the condom.
  • The special 'beer barrel' and 'Hazmat Rat Vending Machine' clothing items will no longer potentially be equipped to randomly spawned NPCs, or show up as random loot in alleyway tiles.
  • Fixed issue where Rose's sex preferences would ignore your anal content setting in the sex scene after being discovered by her in Lilaya's room.
  • Fixed bug where molesting a slave who has the 'unwilling fuck-toy' or 'submissive' fetishes would cause an affection loss, despite the description saying otherwise.

This can be broken down to
Code:
By FAF

01) art work added for crotch boobs

By contributors
02) grammatical errors
03) refactor on controller class / infrastructure UI
04) shippable-bug fix
05) fluid fluff
06) race fluff
07) race fluff
08) economy balance
09) parser bug fixing and infrastructure
10) a flag.... (why?.... i honestly don't know, and there might be a good reason)
11) Character creation infrastructure / fetishes
12) Bug fix infrastructure
13) grammatical errors
14) condom grammatical/logic errors?
15) Bug fix related to body parts
16) body part part fluff
17) UI bug fix
18) makes the game runnable on recent and secure version of Maven / ui bugs
19) single story option for clothing

20) race spawn option
21) replaced a single line of code?

Inno ( i think)
22) Bad ends
23) new sex interaction based on a body part
24) AI change
25) AI change
26) NPC ends sex based on condition

27) NPC spawn with random body parts
28) add option for a body part spawning
29) darken the UI in spots
30) add fine controls to Character creation

31) Parser Bugfix
32) Render bug bugfix
33) Fix women's watch having a primary and secondary color?
34) NPC not able to force you to get Tattoo - bugfixed
35) NPC in a fight not being detected as right race - bugfixed
36) NPC failing to load - bugfixed
37) NPC reaction to self equipping condoms - bugfixed
38) shippable-bug - bugfix
39) content filter - bugfix
40) fetish bug - bugfix
a lot of this is padding and here's the lines i'd use in an argument for switching versions.

Code:
By contributors
01) parser bug fixing and infrastructure
02) Bug fix infrastructure
03) Bug fix related to body parts
04) UI bug fix
05) makes the game runnable on recent and secure version of Maven (y) / ui bugs

Inno ( i think)

06) new sex interaction based on a body part
07) NPC spawn with random body parts (You can really chalk up the next bullet point in the OG list as also this)
08) Parser Bugfix
09) Render bug bugfix
10) NPC failing to load - bugfixed
11) content filter - bugfix
I think i'm being kind here. Bug fixes and fluff are neat, but don't show progress to anything.
This looks like the project is going no where, since.... the project is going no where... fast.
If you want a project to compare this to, good look at Degrees of Lewdity. It has a lot of fluff just like LT, but it makes progress every month. I don't have to look at the changelog to tell you there's new content since i last played in both new and old areas because.

Reactions: chichong

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
can show there's reasonable progress being able on either story or infrastructure?
Yeah, like 2-3 updates ago they added the begin of the new chapter, the update before this last one optimized saves and one of them started the engine migration to the latest javascript from what I recall alone. Now before you tail on "reasonable" aspect, this is a TFGame, and thus expecting more then 4 updates a year is often unrealistic (and that's normally for HTML5 games...), so for them having released like 6 updates this year puts them in the top 20% at least for active deployment.

This all said, no this update didn't do a whole lot, it is clearly a filler update, and that's fine and all, and if people only complained about the filler updates no one would likely even be annoyed with all the complaining.

DoL is an HTML game made for a different kind of audience (mainly the loli/shotacon one in DoL's case), while this is a TF Furry RPG in Java. Which is to say CoC2(?) is likely closer, no real apples to apples comparison, since so few things use Java.

Marlin Brandy

Aug 18, 2018
Now before you tail on "reasonable" aspect, this is a TFGame, and thus expecting more then 4 updates a year is often unrealistic (and that's normally for HTML5 games...), so for them having released like 6 updates this year puts them in the top 20% at least for active deployment.
I don't understand how it being a TFGame leads to 4 updates a year being unrealistic

Reactions: Draupnir7
4.10 star(s) 119 Votes