Sleepy_Sins

Apr 8, 2021
Hello every one, sorry for stupid question (abit brain dead of mine), so for now for PC ver. only v0.4.6.3, and 0.4.6.7 for PC will be somewhere near end of this year? o_O

Reactions: bigboy6220

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Hello every one, sorry for stupid question (abit brain dead of mine), so for now for PC ver. only v0.4.6.3, and 0.4.6.7 for PC will be somewhere near end of this year? o_O
Current version is v0.4.6.3. There is no way to tell when the next public release will happen.

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
Unknown.
Currently, non-exe versions are bugged to hell and back.
You can try to run the questionable .jar in Java...
But all signs point to critical game breaking errors.

She appears to be finally updating her Game to a Java Version with functional Security... and its not going so well.
All generic NPCs mass deleting, Game Crashes, and Memory Leaks.

TLDR: Inno is on vacation again, Expect AceXP to salvage a .exe by December.

Skooky

Nov 3, 2021
Unknown.

She appears to be finally updating her Game to a Java Version with functional Security... and its not going so well.

The .jar version is fucked beyond repair rn. It crashes constantly and the GUI is entirely unusable at the moment.

Sleepy_Sins

Apr 8, 2021
Unknown.

Okay.
I playing right now v0.4.6.3 the .exe one for PC (Win x64)
and tbh i like it, so i saw in patch note they have 0.4.6.7 ver. so a was a bit confused.
But anyway i hope dev will make it up and will be good to go.
Coz game pretty good.

Reactions: bigboy6220

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
The funny part about that is that I got the previous versions running just fine on Java 18 without those issues cropping up (getting it running on newer Java versions is honestly pretty easy). It really makes me wonder what the hell happened that caused things to get so busted.

The routines that keep track of NPCs literally don't need touched when bumping it up to a newer JDK. The only thing I can think of that would cause something like that is an optimization gone wrong.

Reactions: jfmherokiller

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
The funny part about that is that I got the previous versions running just fine on Java 18 without those issues cropping up (getting it running on newer Java versions is honestly pretty easy). It really makes me wonder what the hell happened that caused things to get so busted.

The routines that keep track of NPCs literally don't need touched when bumping it up to a newer JDK. The only thing I can think of that would cause something like that is an optimization gone wrong.
If i had to guess Inno probably tried to use newer java api stuff like what is seen in Jetbrains. and "optimized" without actually checking if it will break anything first.

Reactions: Sarkath
Jan 14, 2020
If its a .exe it should work "relatively" well.
If its the raw .jar? No.
But that's an "Inno can't code" problem, not a Win 11 problem.
I'm trying to open it now but it's not opening and on the error.log it says

this

Game Version: 0.4.6.3
Java: 1.8.0_172
Mod folders present: innoxia
Error! Fetish icon file does not exist (Trying to read from 'com/lilithsthrone/res/fetishes/fetish_bimbo')!
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.lilithsthrone.game.character.fetishes.Fetish.<clinit>(Fetish.java:31)
at com.lilithsthrone.game.Properties.resetFetishPreferences(Properties.java:1563)
at com.lilithsthrone.game.Properties.<init>(Properties.java:237)
at com.lilithsthrone.main.Main.main(Main.java:694)
... 11 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.lilithsthrone.game.character.fetishes.AbstractFetish.<clinit>(AbstractFetish.java:57)
... 15 more
Exception running application com.lilithsthrone.main.Main

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
is there any way to fix this?
Fresh install from the .exe in the OP Mega Link. Win11 is not the problem.
You either botched modding, tried to use a .jar, or used a corrupted download.

Looks to be trying to access a file not included in the .exe.
Also is having conniptions from Java in general.

Jan 14, 2020
Fresh install from the .exe in the OP Mega Link. Win11 is not the problem.
You either botched modding, tried to use a .jar, or used a corrupted download.

Looks to be trying to access a file not included in the .exe.
Also is having conniptions from Java in general.
it's still doing the same thing and still not opening even though i downloaded it right now to try it

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
If i had to guess Inno probably tried to use newer java api stuff like what is seen in Jetbrains. and "optimized" without actually checking if it will break anything first.
Yeah, that could very well be. The game doesn't have any sort of unit tests in place (and given the complexity of some of the class interactions, it really should have something). Testing seems to generally consist of playing the game for a while and observing.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Yeah, that could very well be. The game doesn't have any sort of unit tests in place (and given the complexity of some of the class interactions, it really should have something). Testing seems to generally consist of playing the game for a while and observing.
I mean, on one hand, its pretty hard to unit test games, since something that seems legit from the point of unit test could be wrong from the point of a game. "JUST WRITE UR TEST CORRRRECTLY!!!!!!" Than it wont be a unit tests, since exact testing for a 'correctness' from the point of a game require more information than x = "dummy data" and i = 34.
But on the other, it text game only, without some complex 3d math.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I mean, on one hand, its pretty hard to unit test games, since something that seems legit from the point of unit test could be wrong from the point of a game. "JUST WRITE UR TEST CORRRRECTLY!!!!!!" Than it wont be a unit tests, since exact testing for a 'correctness' from the point of a game require more information than x = "dummy data" and i = 34.
But on the other, it text game only, without some complex 3d math.
I agree that unit tests wouldn't work for most games (imagine writing extensive unit tests for Doom Eternal :LUL:), but LT is so data-driven and deterministic that I don't think it would be out of the question. Also, it would make more sense to test for data integrity than anything mechanical, since the latter is where most of the game's nondeterminism comes into play.

I think the hardest part in this case would be determining exactly what should be tested. A good place to start, IMO, would be automating common actions (switching between areas, moving in and out of combat, creating a new NPC, making babies, etc.) and verifying data integrity after each process. Basically, stuff like ensuring that when you add an NPC the total count doesn't go down or something stupid like that.

Even something more mundane like ensuring that saving the game actually preserves the game's state would be a good thing to include (that is: setting up a control state, saving and loading it, and comparing the loaded data against the control).

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
i'm familiar with her rep when it comes to... basically everything to do with this game, hopefully she'll get it done before new years
A few more years? Man, that's optimistic lol

Your commend made me think about this; I've now been watching the game off and on (mostly off) for like 5 years, and so far we've gotten only like two or three completed side quests, and half of one new zone (out of 8 or something). At the current rate, assuming she never stops to try and fix the fact that the game won't be able to support the end product, she'd be done with the final zone in 30 years.

But that comes with that massive caveat of the game engine not being capable of supporting the number of NPCs, zones, or encounters it'll need for a final product. And then my personal gripes with the game progression being non-existent which will get worse as time goes on. And that's assuming basically no side content or reworks.

This game won't be finished. Unless an entire team comes together to take it over, at the current rate it'll actually take close to 50 years. And I can't even exaggerate this point because progress has been so hilariously slow.

This game will not be finished.

For the last few years the only big content patches have been like, one in February with all work being stopped from November February, one in late summer, and then one half assed patch in the fall.

If a new patch happens, don't expect it to contain much. And everyone should fully expect radio silence to start back up in the new couple weeks through the holidays.

That's going to be a big problem moving forward. Eventually Microsoft and Oracle are going to kill the old versions as they become more and more problematic. And both companies have demonstrated that they're willing and able to do so. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually this version is just nuked entirely in Win11, if not Win10 as well.

If its a .exe it should work "relatively" well.
If its the raw .jar? No.
But that's an "Inno can't code" problem, not a Win 11 problem.
Yeah, the jar version just doesn't work. And the exe version barely works on my Win11 gaming rig. The game is unstable as hell, but that might just be the current state of things based on skimming this thread.

I guess I'll give it another try in late Feb when the next real content patch comes out.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I agree that unit tests wouldn't work for most games (imagine writing extensive unit tests for Doom Eternal :LUL:), but LT is so data-driven and deterministic that I don't think it would be out of the question. Also, it would make more sense to test for data integrity than anything mechanical, since the latter is where most of the game's nondeterminism comes into play.

I think the hardest part in this case would be determining exactly what should be tested. A good place to start, IMO, would be automating common actions (switching between areas, moving in and out of combat, creating a new NPC, making babies, etc.) and verifying data integrity after each process. Basically, stuff like ensuring that when you add an NPC the total count doesn't go down or something stupid like that.

Even something more mundane like ensuring that saving the game actually preserves the game's state would be a good thing to include (that is: setting up a control state, saving and loading it, and comparing the loaded data against the control).
Data integrity checks can be bypassed, most of a times, by spamming immutable wrappers for pretty much everything 'constant' that passed into a function. It reduce performance, but than again, its java....and its a turn based game.

And at least LT not breaks with each update like tits or coc2, due to strongly typed language.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes