MangaKing

Oct 16, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But until Inno gets off her duff and writes content, I can only hope modders add some more interesting bits to the world.
Every actual content update has thus far been delayed in favor of PolkadotPumkinspiceDickButts and EarPregnancies.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I don't know if there's a Java tool, sorry. I don't know if Sarkath is still around, but he was always the expert on Java I'd turn to here. Haven't seen him in awhile though.

Odds are if there is one, it'll be sketchy with the game. Everything is sketchy with this game.

And no, it won't run in-browser. It likely never will, sorry.
I'm still a-lurkin'. :) I usually check in daily, but I haven't had much to contribute lately.

Thanks, but I definitely wouldn't call myself an expert on Java, haha. No issues with the language and stuff like that, but I haven't had enough experience with its build system and overall ecosystem to go beyond "semi-confused intermediate."

As for this specific inquiry: from what I understand there are ways of making JavaFX applications work in-browser, but given LT's thirst for memory I can't imagine that working out well in this case. Even with some of the performance enhancements it still tends to make a lot of large allocations between turns, does the calculations, then releases a bunch of memory. I'm not sure that WASM engines would handle that particularly well, and it's likely that it would slam into browser memory caps in the process.

Reactions: jfmherokiller

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
I don't know if there's a Java tool, sorry. I don't know if Sarkath is still around, but he was always the expert on Java I'd turn to here. Haven't seen him in awhile though.

Odds are if there is one, it'll be sketchy with the game. Everything is sketchy with this game.

And no, it won't run in-browser. It likely never will, sorry.
I missed this. So i can add some input here.
The major problem with translating this game with an automated tool is that the text being translated isn't stored as data but with the code as string literals. You might be able to edit the string literals but this might also cause the application to crash for no logical reason.

That said..... the source code is provided. In theory, you could just translate the source code. You just have to find string literals and translate them. This is something that can be automated. Someone will likely have to make the tool but it's average humanly possible if not time consuming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarkath

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
I heard Inno tried switching the game to Java 17 only to revert to Java 8. How true is this?
Inno never bothered switching to Java 17, only adding an implementation that someone else provided. Then she "fixed" it by making Java 8 the default and leaving the Java 17 support from the implementation. However, this did not work, so now it is Java 8 only again, but with the added insult to injury that the build process is a mess now, and you can no longer locally pull that original Java 17 implementation to run it on the local machine.

I am hoping that the contributors can figure out the build process so that Java 8 and Java 17 can exist together, because Inno will probably never move on from 8. I've seen some improvement on the pull requests already, so hopefully it will get solved soon.

Reactions: BaloneyAmone

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Thanks, but I definitely wouldn't call myself an expert on Java, haha.
Still wayyyyy more so than me lol

I've somehow completely avoided every using Java. I've played with every other popular language from the last 30 years, a bunch that definitely are not popular, some that only exist as jokes (as a guitarist, the rockstar programming language is still my favorite functional joke language), but I've still *never* used Java lol

I can't think of the term all the sudden, but I used to love those programming projects where you build a program that produces its own source code. And I'd try and create them for every weird language I could find.

Ninja edit: And my ADHD ass brain just remember, there's a great youtube video about people working on those projects. I remember one dude made a fully working one that would rotate through like 50 languages before ultimately coming back to the first in a perfect loop. That shits so fucking cool, and makes me feel so fucking stupid.

I missed this. So i can add some input here.
The major problem with translating this game with an automated tool is that the text being translated isn't stored as data but with the code as string literals. You might be able to edit the string literals but this might also cause the application to crash for not logical reason.

That said..... the source code is provided. In theory, you could just translate the source code. You just have to find string literals and translate them. This is something that can be automated. Someone will likely have to make the tool but it's average humanly possible if not time consuming.
Instead of trying to translate the game source like a sane person, you'd almost have to translate it on the fly. You could probably write a mod that'd hijack the game's output, but fuck that would suck. Which is probably why that guy wanted a browser version instead, since there's already extensions that'll take care of this for you.

I heard Inno tried switching the game to Java 17 only to revert to Java 8. How true is this?
That sounds like something that would require work, so the only way that ever happened is if Inno was trying to avoid writing content.

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
I can't think of the term all the sudden, but I used to love those programming projects where you build a program that produces its own source code. And I'd try and create them for every weird language I could find.

Ninja edit: And my ADHD ass brain just remember, there's a great youtube video about people working on those projects. I remember one dude made a fully working one that would rotate through like 50 languages before ultimately coming back to the first in a perfect loop. That shits so fucking cool, and makes me feel so fucking stupid.
I know what Youtube videos you've been watching.
It's the conference talk with the dude that made the Rockstar programming language.

I think he gives that specific subset of programs a name in this video, but i don't know where.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I know what Youtube videos you've been watching.
It's the conference talk with the dude that made the Rockstar programming language.

I think he gives that specific subset of programs a name in this video, but i don't know where.
Damn, I should have guessed that. That's undoubtedly the reason I thought of it lol

?
Yes! That's the one!

It's super easy to do with most normal languages once you figure out the tricks, but once you get into the languages that have completely wackjob syntax it gets super complicated. It's a great project for anyone who's learning to program and wants something goofy to try.

I was looking at my old git going through the various quines I attempted. The one I never finished because it was, honestly, just to fucking hard was using Piet. That's that goofy language that you code using images where the changes in color determine what happens. I spent like 50 hours trying to make it work and never did.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
I am not sure if you do this or not already, but play with Enchantment Limits enabled.
It restricts how much defense, damage, spell efficiency, and stats you can stack up on your character, without penalties. Plus, you end up using some of those precious Perk points (in the beginning), boosting your enchant limit, instead of just going straight for 'the good' perks.
Of course. That option was on by default, and I never thought to change it. Also, I'm rarely at the capacity cap, cause I have a weird OCD issue about having numbers end in 5 or 0, so that my bonuses are easier to track and look cleaner in the stats (e.g. most of my bonuses are multiples of ten).

So far did get far enough to go full bore Demon, and combined with the Aristocrat background and the Arcane elemental, even with 100 Corruption I still manage 16 Lust Shielding. So, that's fun. Decked out in the full traditional Japanese garb set you can buy from the Reindeer-morphs, and combined with a paired Katana/Wakizashi, has given me both the Ronin and Daisho set bonuses (+10 Physique, +15% Physical & Weapon damage). Enchanted all of the clothing to be better and just cap their existing bonuses at 5 or 10. Ditto for a complete set of sarashi bands across the torso and arms, but enchanted for Physical Shielding instead. So I'm sitting at Lv31 with 76 Physique, 71 Arcane, +64% Weapons / +73% Physical Damage, 46 Physical Shielding, and only 63/91 enchantment capacity. I'm not min-maxing (e.g. Elemental is set to Arcane, not Earth), but nothing can really challenge me either. Getting the Doomguy unique perk by taking on all 30 Imp's in Meraxis' tower was no trouble at all.

Last edited:

Wolfdragon20

Nov 8, 2021
anyone know if there's any instrument weapon mods? need it for a character to be complete. also does anyone know if the breeder mod comes with a tf item? because i can't find one of there is

Last edited:

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
anyone know if there's any instrument weapon mods? need it for a character to be complete. also does anyone know if the breeder mod comes with a tf item? because i can't find one of there is
Looking at discord the breeder race should have a TF item and logically it is probably sold at Ralph's but I don't have that mod to check myself.

I didn't get any meaningful results looking for instrument in mod sharing or mod discussion.

khalinki

Jan 27, 2019
hey everyone,
I haven't been following this game for like 2 years now i just stumbled upon it again. Can someone catch me up to speed? Checked out inno's blogspot to see that 0.4 finally came out, but does innoxia still do her usual thing of mod-feature-creep development hell laced with bullshit sauce? Does your unjustified toxic evaluation of her precious hard work still cause virtual earthquakes 0.6 magnitude on the ICSTOR scale? And finally, is the game on the trajectory to be finished within this decade?

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
hey everyone...
2 years? Thats about 15 extra main story minutes.
A Catgirl Mogul demanding we play a Cuckquiz game.
Orange Trump Dicks.
30 "new" races.
An Nerfed Economy that made owning slaves a net loss.
A single unfinished 3rd town with minimal functionality.
95% of the added content being literal mods Inno slapped her stamp on so she could get paid.

Unfortunately, She got a headache and refused to finish her Halloween and Christmas commissions.

So you basically missed nothing.

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
hey everyone,
I haven't been following this game for like 2 years now i just stumbled upon it again. Can someone catch me up to speed? Checked out inno's blogspot to see that 0.4 finally came out, but does innoxia still do her usual thing of mod-feature-creep development hell laced with bullshit sauce? Does your unjustified toxic evaluation of her precious hard work still cause virtual earthquakes 0.6 magnitude on the ICSTOR scale? And finally, is the game on the trajectory to be finished within this decade?
The mod support improved from clothing, weapons, and tattoos to a number of other categories but I think that ewould be falling under mod-feature-creep where Inno hopes that good things will show up and can get folded in to pad out releases.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes