Others Abandoned Lily's bizarre adventure [Act 1 v2] [PontiffPomelo]

PontiffPomelo

Jun 5, 2020
also OP, I'm gonna be honest, unless you completely change the character it'll continue to look like rodinka in my eyes
same eyes, same nose, same mouth, same facial structure
different hair (colour) doesn't really make a difference
also, why blender for 2d? wouldn't photoshop/krita or some vector art program make more sense?
I was afraid of that. I'll try my best, and won't stop the changes after this first hotfix.
I've been planning to replace it bit by bit. The mouth for example I've already replaced in most expressions in the current version to a more generic version. It's really hard to get right on all resolutions though. I'll change the facial structure a bit today. Nose will probably stick for a while, I'm sorry to say. Very little to change there, until I find some fitting alternatives from other artists. The usual anime "line-nose" does not fit at all, I've tried.

And this also gets me to why I'm using blender. I've made this in blender because I can write plugins for it that help me manage changes to the character. For example, all those changes you see in my last update picture are automatically inherited to all other poses I've created before. Then I just need to hit a single button, and all of those poses get rendered out at once. This means I can make massive changes like the ones I'm doing now later in the project, with barely any extra effort.
I also plan to add animation capabilities at some point.
Another upside is the shading system. I can create more powerful effects in blender than in any other 2d software I know. It might even be possible to export some shaders to Godot automatically.
The only downside so far is the lack of masking. I know a dude who might be able to write a 2D boolean modifier, but he tells me it's a nightmare to work with curve data in modifiers, so I don't know if that's ever going to be a thing.

(I'm also working on with a bunch of unofficial blender patches that make it easier to work with curve shapekeys and fill/outline stuff, so it's not all that bad to work with.)

Liking your art efforts here. Good work.

How about the content? How much tentacle material is there?
Thanks!
At least 1 tentacle event per Act, and this one's is just the setup/techdemo, so it's only the mandatory first act teaser tentacle scene. Come back in Act II or III if you want to consume proper tentacular extravaganzas.

going through your description of the game, especially since you stated that: A) you do not have a good idea of what the title should be, B) this is not a jojo's reference, and C) this involves time travel; you might try something that involves the time travel mechanic in the game.

Like Lilly's Paradox, Lilly's Quantum Journey, and Chronal Distortion: Lilly's Story. But, those titles depend on the idea that time travel is the important part of the game. honestly the title wouldn't even need to have Lilly's name in it. it could just be Quantum Paradox, Temporal Journey, or Chronal Distortion. I did not go with Chronal Shift as it was too close to Chrono Shift.

Hell Lilly's Story or Journey would work too.

I wish you the best of luck and I am excited to see future updates to the game.
Those are wonderful suggestions. Paradox in particular might be nice, because the cause of her powers as well as her existence itself represents quite the paradox. And yes, time travel is the crux of the game and the most distinctive mechanic the game has to offer.
I'm not so sure on Quantum, it sounds very sci-fi and even if the concept behind exploring differently collapsing super positions fits the time travel, it does not really account for her taking her memories back with her in time (which I think may literally be an impossibly complicated quantum event to happen by chance, at least in a universe similar to ours, but we'd have to ask a quantum physicist to be sure :D )
The name will also need some component to represent the sheer lunacy. It currently emerges from the reference to Jojo's, so nobody questions it, but Lily is not particularly stable.
Maybe "Lily's paradoxically chaotic journey through time".. I'm just kidding, that's quite the mouthful.
Thank you very much for your suggestions. It helps a lot, sometimes the mind just gets stuck in a mire and you need some outside help to get it moving again ! Sorry for blabbering, writing down my thoughts helps me think. I'll note down your suggestions and will have something proper for Act II I hope.

>goes to fucking egypt
Urban dictionary tells me this is an If so, then I'm glad you enjoy the game with the intended mindset :)

PontiffPomelo

Jun 5, 2020
Do not judge Lily's ear-hat. Can't you see how shyly proud she is?
1601726988234.png
Alright,
- Early work on pupils progresses slowly. Introduced radial gradients to both iris and pupil. Introduced slight reflection to pupil. Introduced weird anime style halo methingy to iris. Introduced noise. Looks bad up close, but that can be fixed when necessary.
- Completely redid the jawline (without tracing this time), amount of awkwardness introduced is still within margin of expectation. Face should be a bit longer now, so I have more space to create giant manic grins on.
- Removed the slump from Lily's neck. It would make sense, given that she's essentially a hikikamori, but she's also a trained spearwoman, and I'd assume posture is important for that kind of thing.
- Rendered with the mouth style the game uses most of the time anyways.

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
Do not judge Lily's ear-hat. Can't you see how shyly proud she is?
View attachment 842843
Alright,
- Early work on pupils progresses slowly. Introduced radial gradients to both iris and pupil. Introduced slight reflection to pupil. Introduced weird anime style halo methingy to iris. Introduced noise. Looks bad up close, but that can be fixed when necessary.
- Completely redid the jawline (without tracing this time), amount of awkwardness introduced is still within margin of expectation. Face should be a bit longer now, so I have more space to create giant manic grins on.
- Removed the slump from Lily's neck. It would make sense, given that she's essentially a hikikamori, but she's also a trained spearwoman, and I'd assume posture is important for that kind of thing.
- Rendered with the mouth style the game uses most of the time anyways.
yes, I like her, I prefer her that way than before.
I've always liked this style of drawing.

PontiffPomelo

Jun 5, 2020
Hi,

Act1v2 is out, which is the promised "hotfix" update. All 2dcg is replaced with the new face, and some poses were cleaned up. Unless people still find the changes to the character insufficient, or a major bug pops up, this will be the final version for act1.
Development on Act2 will now commence, with expected release in 1-2 months.
Thank you for all the support thus far.

Cheers,
Pomelo

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

PontiffPomelo

Jun 5, 2020
Soo....what should i do at the beginning of the game after leaving the room?

Deja vu
Father should have asked you to have breakfast with him (in his room), and the quest log (Q) should mention that. If it doesn't it's a bug. A savefile would help fixing it.
How did you even find this game at this time? It's like 10 pages deep in any search/update/comment list :D ( And it has very little content, certainly no more lewd tentacle content after leaving the room)

------

To everyone who's checking out the notification, sorry for the lack of update thus far. I had planned to just churn out a story-only update, but really didn't like how it turned out. This should be an RPG, not a visual novel walking simulator. So I'm adding a bunch of gameplay features at the moment, which will take some time.
My current inspirations are The Elder Scrolls and Hitman. I think TES makes exploring very fun by allowing you to loot and steal almost everything. I want to incorporate that, even if it is somewhat futile within the timeloop. Hitman makes sneaking exciting via disguises, trespassing, and predictable movement/action cycles. Since costumes are already a part of the game, it's no far stretch to implement the trespass system as well.
I'm also working on 3d pipelines for the cg body and body sprites. Both will only be implemented once they exceed previous 2d quality, so don't worry about the quality, it will look indistinguishable from 2d and will in fact be a weird mix of 2d on 3d, but it will hopefully increase development speed. I'll give you guys a heads-up so you have the opportunity to shoot the idea down when I have finished the pipeline, but I think you will be impressed by how 2d 3d can look, if you put enough work into it. If you're not, I'll just discard the entire 3d effort.

All in all I wouldn't get my hopes up before January 1st.

teri teri

Jun 18, 2020
Father should have asked you to have breakfast with him (in his room), and the quest log (Q) should mention that. If it doesn't it's a bug. A savefile would help fixing it.
How did you even find this game at this time? It's like 10 pages deep in any search/update/comment list :D ( And it has very little content, certainly no more lewd tentacle content after leaving the room)

------

To everyone who's checking out the notification, sorry for the lack of update thus far. I had planned to just churn out a story-only update, but really didn't like how it turned out. This should be an RPG, not a visual novel walking simulator. So I'm adding a bunch of gameplay features at the moment, which will take some time.
My current inspirations are The Elder Scrolls and Hitman. I think TES makes exploring very fun by allowing you to loot and steal almost everything. I want to incorporate that, even if it is somewhat futile within the timeloop. Hitman makes sneaking exciting via disguises, trespassing, and predictable movement/action cycles. Since costumes are already a part of the game, it's no far stretch to implement the trespass system as well.
I'm also working on 3d pipelines for the cg body and body sprites. Both will only be implemented once they exceed previous 2d quality, so don't worry about the quality, it will look indistinguishable from 2d and will in fact be a weird mix of 2d on 3d, but it will hopefully increase development speed. I'll give you guys a heads-up so you have the opportunity to shoot the idea down when I have finished the pipeline, but I think you will be impressed by how 2d 3d can look, if you put enough work into it. If you're not, I'll just discard the entire 3d effort.

All in all I wouldn't get my hopes up before January 1st.
No,i mean when i'm eat breakfast with him,he invited me to go upstair and going through the portal,i'm keep getting deja vu after that

PontiffPomelo

Jun 5, 2020
No,i mean when i'm eat breakfast with him,he invited me to go upstair and going through the portal,i'm keep getting deja vu after that
Deja Vu? Do you mean you can't climb the stairs, but end up at the bottom of the stairs over and over? That used to be a bug, but it should've been fixed long ago... Changing world size / zoom in the Options used to fix that I think.

(Without bugs you should definitely be able to use the stairs at all time)

PontiffPomelo

Jun 5, 2020
I'm try to find a way too go to this place
I'm sorry. I think you found a bug. Have you tried saving + closing the game + opening the game + loading ?
Also, do you use Windows or Linux? It's really weird how no one else encountered this issue...

PontiffPomelo

Jun 5, 2020
....Have you update the download links?
Last update was October 4th, the hotfix-update. I just downloaded and checked that version on windows 10 and can't reproduce your bug. This is frustrating, and I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Maybe check out Act2 when it's out? I changed the way new maps are loaded in Act2. You should get a notification when I release it, and you'll have more content to play with.

And thank you for taking your time to comment here. Even if we couldn't solve the problem this time...

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
The Dev was very helpful and offered that they do intend to continue work on the game, though personal commitments make that a challenge.

Status changed to OnHold.