Others Abandoned Lily's bizarre adventure [Act 1 v2] [PontiffPomelo]

Dix Dark

Sep 28, 2019
Got blackmailed by a cat... the new low for me... (feels like very familiar low tho)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For that sort of things I would get your harddisc checked, it could be the sign of a harddisc starting to fail
I use SSD, it's in perfect condition, and I'm sure it's some driver's problem since right after installation from backup windows didn't want to start the second time at the same SATA port all, showing disk read error. I don't remember what exactly it was saying and how I fixed it, just the fact that windows from backup somehow isn't functioning right.
The other problems were are also with drivers but I just reinstalled almost all of them.

Is this amount of load dangerous to the gpu? I'm tempted to just chalk it up to "Godot is Godot" and leave it at that :D
Weeeeell... not really if the card made by a reliable manufacturer, tho it will make memory cells degrade faster and consume more power... it will be good if you find a way to fix this problem, but 99.99% of users wont even notice anything(except those whose cards will make similar sounds).

upd: Didn't crash the second time.
Well, that was short, but promising.
I really liked the parts with tentacles, hope to see more of them...

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: PontiffPomelo

PontiffPomelo

Jun 5, 2020
Got blackmailed by a cat... the new low for me... (feels like very familiar low tho)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Does that happen consistently? I should really add a quicksave...

Is there anyway of skiping rewind part? Game crash on me, all the time at this part .
That's pretty much the end of this version anyways. It was just a small content release to see what people thought I could do better, and to check if it runs well on all platforms. Act II should be twice as long as Act I and coming in a month or two.
People getting segfaults (crashing) is problematic. It's an engine bug of some kind. It'll be a priority to fix. Thank you for letting me know!

I really liked the parts with tentacles, hope to see more of them...
You will! It's her defining feature. She's totally obsessed with tentacles and will go out of her way to interact with them, even if it's to her or other's detriment. An act without tentacles is no act to Lily.

Last edited:

Dix Dark

Sep 28, 2019
Does that happen consistently?
Nope. Just a random crash in the background(also, not a fan of "the topmost window").

You will! It's her defining feature. She's totally obsessed with tentacles and will go out of her way to interact with them, even if it's to her or other's detriment. An act without tentacles is no act to Lily.
That should be fun.

I like games where MC(or others) don't have gigantic mutated tits with sausage nipples, it's a rare treat :|

Also, I would offer my assistance in translating the game to russian(yeah, sorry, I'm one of those guys - a russian), although I doubt that it will be in demand.

Last edited:

MEMEACCOUNT

Jul 27, 2020
Haven't played yet, but it's always great to see Godot getting used, makes a nice distinction from the usual RPGM/Ren'Py stuff you see here;
Good luck with the game, dev.

Last edited:

PontiffPomelo

Jun 5, 2020
not a fan of "the topmost window"
Noted, part of next hotfix.

I like games where MC(or others) don't have gigantic mutated tits with sausage nipples, it's a rare treat :|
Transformation spell is in the plans. The render pipeline is already built. To each their own, and to me all the tags I could possibly get my grubby little hands on :D
But yeah, I figure if the majority of people liked huge breasts the real world average would be higher. Big-boob fanatics are probably just a vocal minority. I might be wrong though. Evolution is complicated.

Vinter72

May 17, 2019
so yeah i've been lurking for a while now and thought this has potential, so here are my notes if you read it.
1. I've found a bug during the cat blackmail if you try to seduce the cat you get +1 insanity and +1 charm at the second message, this means you can scroll back and click forward again gaining the stats again. So if you dont want this to happen you can either always set stat gain at first message box after choice or remove scroll back(whicever works for you). i got +100 stats wit this it is really broken.
2. i fucked around and clicked everything and ran in circles exploring (kinda expected really) you know having fun and that wasn't the problem but when i got to rewinding it took around 30 seconds to a minute to rewind time, i'm just worried that it would take longer once the game really gets going, and also about the way it retraces steps that's gotta take a lot of cpu so idk could you use smaller clips or screenshots with effects later on?

that was all i really think this has potential so good luck.

PontiffPomelo

Jun 5, 2020
so yeah i've been lurking for a while now and thought this has potential, so here are my notes if you read it.
1. I've found a bug during the cat blackmail if you try to seduce the cat you get +1 insanity and +1 charm at the second message, this means you can scroll back and click forward again gaining the stats again. So if you dont want this to happen you can either always set stat gain at first message box after choice or remove scroll back(whicever works for you). i got +100 stats wit this it is really broken.
2. i fucked around and clicked everything and ran in circles exploring (kinda expected really) you know having fun and that wasn't the problem but when i got to rewinding it took around 30 seconds to a minute to rewind time, i'm just worried that it would take longer once the game really gets going, and also about the way it retraces steps that's gotta take a lot of cpu so idk could you use smaller clips or screenshots with effects later on?

that was all i really think this has potential so good luck.
Thank you for helping me out!
1. That's quite an exploit you found there. I'll have it resolved in the next hotfix!
2. You're right. Maybe ramping up the timetravel speed over time might work better. If done exponentially, it should be fairly quick even on long runs. And it shouldn't be too cpu intensive, since most times all the data that was stored was player movement anyways. The game should be able to revert hundreds of seconds in one revert frame, it's the subsequent scene updates and render that take the performance. I'll also add a skip button, which doesn't even need to retrace the scene to work and will help against crashes. But all of that is Act II territory.

Again, thank you for playing. People like you literally make my day :)

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
Transformation spell is in the plans. The render pipeline is already built. To each their own, and to me all the tags I could possibly get my grubby little hands on :D
But yeah, I figure if the majority of people liked huge breasts the real world average would be higher. Big-boob fanatics are probably just a vocal minority. I might be wrong though. Evolution is complicated.
Hard to say if the majority like the big boobs or not, I mean a lot of H-material boobsizes in the real would would cause severe back pains and the like, which probably is a reason we dont see it much IRL ;)

Personally I do prefer the boobs small, and I love me some tentacles even more, so sure gonna check out your game when it got a bit more content (from the sound of it, it is just too short currently that I can be bothered to download and play it yet), but certainly are keeping an eye on this

robothehobo

May 11, 2020
This game has potential but you should probably change the character art, her face, her eyes, her hair fringes, even her cleavage is the same as Rodinka. I'm not saying this as criticism, just some advice to prevent conflict with the dev of Rodinka.

PontiffPomelo

Jun 5, 2020
Last update for the day
1601654155456.png

Replacing the eyes is turning out to be very difficult. I recreated them from scratch, keeping in mind the original style.
I thought the originals were very similar to these , but those all turned out to look way too aggressive for what I had in mind for Lily.
So now they look very similar to the originals, only worse, yay.
I think my best bet to keep a similar yet distinctive style is to work on those irises. I've seen plenty other anime artists use random highlights and flecks to make the iris more intricate and interesting. That might be something where I could distinguish myself.

PontiffPomelo

Jun 5, 2020
This game has potential but you should probably change the character art, her face, her eyes, her hair fringes, even her cleavage is the same as Rodinka. I'm not saying this as criticism, just some advice to prevent conflict with the dev of Rodinka.
Yeah I just released without thinking before I made the necessary changes. I'm in the process of redoing the art. It'll take some time though, I'm not a 2d artist, I just fumble my way through it all...
If I had the ability, I would've already taken the game down until everything's fixed. But I can't.

stansalino

Jul 18, 2017
I honestly dont mind if this game has similar art to Rodnika. the developer for that game works so fucking slow its nice to see something actually happen with the character.

laddiestlad

Nov 23, 2017
I don't understand why so many people are getting upset about a game using the same/similar character models in their games. I've played a lot of games (RPGM and Ren'Py) and I saw the same character models. This sort of thing happens all the time. Some of the most popular games on this site took the same character model from other games. The thing with this game, the creator said he/she is going to change her appearance.
people got upset because, in their eyes, they're stealing art from another dev who's also active on this site and while the mention that it's a placeholder/"similar" was in the OP, it was in a spoilered text that maybe 2% on this site actually click and read
like another guy said before, honour among thieves

also OP, I'm gonna be honest, unless you completely change the character it'll continue to look like rodinka in my eyes
same eyes, same nose, same mouth, same facial structure
different hair (colour) doesn't really make a difference
also, why blender for 2d? wouldn't photoshop/krita or some vector art program make more sense?

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Even pirates have an honor codex.
FYI this is a codex:
Devil_codex_Gigas.jpg

Also known as bound manuscript (technically any bound book, but the term is customarily used for older stuff).

You're thinking of which is not the same thing at all.

• Thinking Face

coffinbag

Oct 21, 2018
going through your description of the game, especially since you stated that: A) you do not have a good idea of what the title should be, B) this is not a jojo's reference, and C) this involves time travel; you might try something that involves the time travel mechanic in the game.

Like Lilly's Paradox, Lilly's Quantum Journey, and Chronal Distortion: Lilly's Story. But, those titles depend on the idea that time travel is the important part of the game. honestly the title wouldn't even need to have Lilly's name in it. it could just be Quantum Paradox, Temporal Journey, or Chronal Distortion. I did not go with Chronal Shift as it was too close to Chrono Shift.

Hell Lilly's Story or Journey would work too.

I wish you the best of luck and I am excited to see future updates to the game.