May 10, 2020
my question is the same.... that's really all? i took the tram and the game fineshed... am i missing something or is it already finished? seriously???
another thing: if i am awake at the daycare during the night one of 2serveants take me and carries me to bed. if i say that i'm not tired they make me promise to be good, otherwise there will be troubles. i guess that there is no way to see the troubles isn't it?
As soon as you pass the first guard robot, rewind time to the morning.

Grippa

Feb 5, 2019
Is there anything at all you can do if the game goes into a gray screen and when you try to reload it fails to load the game at all? Currently stuck on the main loading screen with it just spinning.

Mayrun

Feb 12, 2019
Is there anything at all you can do if the game goes into a gray screen and when you try to reload it fails to load the game at all? Currently stuck on the main loading screen with it just spinning.
Have you tried any of the "Bugfixes" in the Bug Menu? While this hasn't happenned to me, the Teleport option usually fixes out of bounds bugs.

Grippa

Feb 5, 2019
Have you tried any of the "Bugfixes" in the Bug Menu? While this hasn't happenned to me, the Teleport option usually fixes out of bounds bugs.
I can't access the bug menu since I can't even access the save. I've tried the "force load" option or whatever it's called in the settings menu but that didn't work unfortunately. I never make it past the loading screen.

Mayrun

Feb 12, 2019
Hey everyone,
So I’ve been working on a bunch of bits and pieces but this week has been pretty disrupted. I didn’t get everything I wanted, which is a bit annoying.

I did start working on a new concept of the notebook. I’ve talked about this concept before but basically somewhere to store important quests and game notes. I think I found a decent way to integrate it into the game by reading the save file to give a note that is likely to be relevant for the current situation. I was thinking of separating it into one area for important quest and side quest notes.

The other section for important things to remember or that could be useful for important quests. I’m thinking it will probably only store 1 or two important lines for a quest, otherwise it will turn into a huge scrolling list which would probably be too big / long.
Once I get it working I’m going to need to play through the game constantly filling it out with basic hints so it might be a little while before I’ve got it fully integrated.

That’s probably the most interesting visual element I’ve been looking at.
I also think I found a way to nest inventories. I’ve been looking at how I could have an item contain an inventory. It’s a little tricky but I think I can create a special item that would open up a special inventory when you use it. This could allow better sorting and give you a pretty useful item.

This means I need to create a whole new “type” of inventory but could be worth it if it lets people organize things better.

That’s all for now I’m going to get back to work and see if I can’t get this cool inventory idea working!

1675547837290.png

Mayrun

Feb 12, 2019
Hey everyone,
So unfortunately I had a really bad week work wise. I got very little done so sorry about that. Just a bad run of personal and work stuff. It happens. The good news is I did manage to at least get the nested inventory’s working.
This turned out to be very easy to do right up until the end. So I created a new type of item called a bag. When you “use” a bag it will open up a small inventory on the left. Much like the cupboard in the dorm. So far so good.

The inventory screen is a little complex and wasn’t designed to access another menu from within it. The back button on the inventory is pretty important because it needs to remember context. You can use your inventory in combat and when using machines and other inventories rather than just while walking around. I had to write a new set of UI commands to store the old back state when accessing a new UI.

That’s just a long way of saying I got it working. I also updated the code to support inventories of different sizes. This way I can give you a small bag early on and then you can buy larger and more bags later in the game.

Currently you can carry the “bag” in the accessory slot but it’s mostly cosmetic; it functions just like a normal item. Given how many people have been running out of space it’s worth it to just let you carry a bunch of “bags”.

I think Bags could be a great prize to win in the arcade and give you a good reason to go back there.
I’m actually really happy with how useful this has been so I’m going to have a think on some more quality of life improvement items.
That’s it for now. I hope this week I’m going to have some more time and I have a big todo list to get on with.
1675547946516.png

Jul 27, 2020
I finally found out a way to have the push ability by putting this in the strings
"PushActive",
It acts like Relax but for messing instead.

bonkledonk

Feb 21, 2023
I can't seem to find the cave to progress the story... I'm using the latest version, I think. (I got it from the MEGA link a couple pages back). I already have the lantern. If anyone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Mayrun

Feb 12, 2019
I can't seem to find the cave to progress the story... I'm using the latest version, I think. (I got it from the MEGA link a couple pages back). I already have the lantern. If anyone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Southwest of the town, it has a van in front of it

Reactions: bonkledonk
Dec 2, 2021
You need the ability to pass through the fence at night, head to town and then there's another fence that you have to walk through. There's another van and an opening in the rocks behind it that is really hard to see.

can someone help me with the guard?

After you clear the caves you get the ability to pass time, use it inside the mall during the evening so you're inside during the night.
I did that. The guard is gone but the door won't open o_O HELP

Reactions: bonkledonk

Mayrun

Feb 12, 2019
You need the ability to pass through the fence at night, head to town and then there's another fence that you have to walk through. There's another van and an opening in the rocks behind it that is really hard to see.

can someone help me with the guard?

I did that. The guard is gone but the door won't open o_O HELP
It's been a while, so I don't really remember, but have you talked to the carpenter in the beach and the caretaker in the daycare?

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes