flynn1986

Dec 4, 2022
So, in case anyone is wondering...

I'm currently enjoying some downtime (probably for the next week or two) while compiling "THE (NEW) LIST" of things that people bring to my attention regarding the translation.

I am fully aware of issues regarding... pretty much ALL the sex scenes, as I stupidly overwrote the save I was going to use to check and if needed, rewrite those scenes with.

So I decided to put them aside for the next translation release, as I didn't want you guys waiting forevermore because of a problem of my own making.
Ahhh okay, that's good because I was worried the rough and untranslated parts of the sex scenes wouldn't be properly translated, but if you're getting them next tl release, I'll probably just wait until that version before I install. Hope your cold goes away soon, man. Sleep and plenty of vitamin C(unny).

• Haha
Reactions: torresm

Layle FACT

Apr 17, 2022
do not know why,

But seeing them use my mod excites me a lot.

View attachment 2711272
Well to be honest I only used mello.second until now (I'm fond of the blue ambiance of the cutins..), but once ingame, trying it is adopting it ^^

Actually the hair coloring of Yui and Kana allows me to distinguish them which makes the whole game much more readable

Overall it's pretty much like switching from 2d to 3d, so thank you for the great work

Also, the non colorized scenes do not "break the immersion", but i'm curious of what you are going to do of this one:

1687288677863.jpeg

(I did put it as my wallpaper ^^)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Daseson

Bawunga

Dec 19, 2019
Is getting injured after doing a subjugation guaranteed or something? Has happened to me every time so far, and just now I beat the enemy in one hit before they even attacked. Did I pull a hamstring or something?

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2022
just now I beat the enemy in one hit before they even attacked. Did I pull a hamstring or something?
Usually the injury is scratches, so you are just...really bad at holding your sword, or seriously messed up when sheathing it. ;)

On that note, I tend to get injured more often than I would like in 1.4, but I guess it could also mean I'm pretty clumsy and fall, or it gets hard carrying Yui around all the time. <3

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Shadesishere

View attachment 2711219 minuscule detail but i seem to understand you're the perfectionist type ^^ (Found after beating gourmet club the 2nd time and akatsuki's bragging)

Also, I have a suggestion about the FAQ:

Put something like FIRST OF ALL LOOK AT THE INGAME TIPS MENU (●o≧д≦)o

It is pretty well made and i see many silly questions (including some I might have asked ><) that are answered in detail

I'm 50+ days in my run and so far i think the translation you made is of very good quality, the style is simple yet efficient

Thanks again and enjoy your well deserved free time/ good recovery

This game has such a soothing effect on my mind xD
If it's in the tips menu, does it really need to be in the FAQ...? also I have found a lot of question askers don't look at the FAQ anyway.

Is getting injured after doing a subjugation guaranteed or something? Has happened to me every time so far, and just now I beat the enemy in one hit before they even attacked. Did I pull a hamstring or something?
It's chance based, you could get really lucky and avoid getting injured for most of the game... and then get into a fight, 1-hit KO the enemy, and still become injured. it's weird that way... personally, as I use Adventure books when possible to raise stats, I never have to worry about the Injury status (and I am starting to think the Healing skill actually reduces the chances of becoming Injured as a hidden effect... not sure though)

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
on a side note... I don't if its because of doing the translation or not... but I never seem to actually want to play the game... for fun.

right now I'm chilling, reading some stories, and when I'm not reading, I'll play something else.

Guess I'm subconsciously thinking of the game as "work"... I actually appreciate game developers that say they don't play the games they make... I know why now.

(also, can some H game devs please get their crap together? looking at STS and thinking "just get that damned update done already")

Oct 14, 2022
Mkay, Shadesishere, I've got more text suggestions, but a majority are sex scenes. I debated even posting these because you already know, but am thinking it might at least help in some small way, so I'll just put them all in one spoiler tag for conciseness and you can ignore or save at your leisure.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are a couple funny ones that I want to mention, though also ask that they don't change. When you ask your sister to strip naked, the line at the end says something like, "I had my sister show me naked." Clearly could be worded better, but it makes me chuckle when I see it and like that it's that way.

The legendary cook visit...did you name him? :ROFLMAO: Or was that Inusuku? Either way, that simple humor is always appreciated. I want to find your little Easter eggs that you sprinkled in, but I'm not always great at references.

Oct 14, 2022
on a side note... I don't if its because of doing the translation or not... but I never seem to actually want to play the game... for fun.

right now I'm chilling, reading some stories, and when I'm not reading, I'll play something else.

Guess I'm subconsciously thinking of the game as "work"... I actually appreciate game developers that say they don't play the games they make... I know why now.
Damn, that's both a sad take, but also super understandable. It makes perfect sense that this labor was work. You've been hounded since doing the first translation to do more (I'm not helping there). Sad that the labor kills the joy of the game. I also think some of the blame can go to the game for trying to find those random encounters...the amount of F12's I do just for my own in-game needs makes me wonder if that key is currently on it's last legs on your keyboard ;)

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Mkay, Shadesishere, I've got more text suggestions, but a majority are sex scenes. I debated even posting these because you already know, but am thinking it might at least help in some small way, so I'll just put them all in one spoiler tag for conciseness and you can ignore or save at your leisure.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are a couple funny ones that I want to mention, though also ask that they don't change. When you ask your sister to strip naked, the line at the end says something like, "I had my sister show me naked." Clearly could be worded better, but it makes me chuckle when I see it and like that it's that way.

The legendary cook visit...did you name him? :ROFLMAO: Or was that Inusuku? Either way, that simple humor is always appreciated. I want to find your little Easter eggs that you sprinkled in, but I'm not always great at references.
Yeah, I'm aware of pretty much all the sexual scene issues, still added your list to mine..
As for the Chef... well what can I say... I had to westernize it, And i couldn't NOT pay a small homage to a fellow scotsman.

Damn, that's both a sad take, but also super understandable. It makes perfect sense that this labor was work. You've been hounded since doing the first translation to do more (I'm not helping there). Sad that the labor kills the joy of the game. I also think some of the blame can go to the game for trying to find those random encounters...the amount of F12's I do just for my own in-game needs makes me wonder if that key is currently on it's last legs on your keyboard ;)
My keyboard is super sturdy... but having said that, the F12 key is certainly showing a bit more wear and tear these days

Reactions: noodler1300

Clusterfucced

May 3, 2023

(also, can some H game devs please get their crap together? looking at STS and thinking "just get that damned update done already")
I relate to this in a different way.

Something like Skyrim, Counter-Strike Source, L4D2, and whatever game that can be heavily modded.
I spend more time searching for mods, making it all look good and/or work better; by the time I actually start playing, I don't have fun anymore and just look for more mods or just abruptly stop playing the game.

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
Well to be honest I only used mello.second until now (I'm fond of the blue ambiance of the cutins..), but once ingame, trying it is adopting it ^^

Actually the hair coloring of Yui and Kana allows me to distinguish them which makes the whole game much more readable

Overall it's pretty much like switching from 2d to 3d, so thank you for the great work

Also, the non colorized scenes do not "break the immersion", but i'm curious of what you are going to do of this one:

View attachment 2711308

(I did put it as my wallpaper ^^)
I've been wondering about that one as well, and this one too:
View attachment 2711429

This looks like some other little sister blew up or something though, lol.
It also reminds me of Gurren Lagann.
They are not colored yet, but in the future they should be hehe, I just hope I live up to your expectations :giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Layle FACT

Layle FACT

Apr 17, 2022
It's like elden ring. Wait for the DLC x)

Added quality content makes what was once known shine in an other light

Seeing your investment so far, i guess you'll be up for another translation work when it comes out..... And to be made with the best quality, it will be necessary to "truly" play the game, but with other stakes and thus a renewed pleasure ; D

Besides I think many would be glad to help when the time comes, this is just a matter of organization that we have plenty of time to think about

Can't wait for the Yukari - Akatsuki - Onii chan "love triangle" . (But will require the NTR tag lol)

Reactions: AlexnChaos

Clusterfucced

May 3, 2023
By the way, Shadesishere.

Words like 'Chuu' & 'Rero', if I remember correctly, are meant to be words for sound effects of Kiss and Lick.
Though, I don't really know if it's better to translate that and put something like **; considering that it's in the dialogue as if the sister actually says it.

I have seen it actually being said in some animes.
(Rero in that popular scene from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and a character in D.Gray-Man who uses that as a suffix or something after every word/sentence.)

Can't read japanese, so this isn't certain, but these could actually be one of the sfx that pops up in sex scenes.

(Also, could you capitalize the 'no' in the Yes or no when peeping on the sister when she goes to the toilet? Just a little nitpick but it bothers me, so I just really wanna say it.)
ScreenShot_2023_0621_04_28_33.png

Reactions: Layle FACT

Layle FACT

Apr 17, 2022

Words like 'Chuu' & 'Rero', if I remember correctly, are meant to be words for sound effects of Kiss and Lick.
Though, I don't really know if it's better to translate that and put something like **; considering that it's in the dialogue as if the sister actually says it.
I think it's cute actually, and is part of the unique atmosphere

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020

I have seen it actually being said in some animes.
(Rero in that popular scene from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and a character in D.Gray-Man who uses that as a suffix or something after every word/sentence.)

Can't read japanese, so this isn't certain, but these could actually be one of the sfx that pops up in sex scenes.

(Also, could you capitalize the 'no' in the Yes or no when peeping on the sister when she goes to the toilet? Just a little nitpick but it bothers me, so I just really wanna say it.)
Nitpick away, I'm happy for anything that can improve the translation.

Also, regarding the chuu and rero's... I'm debating how to actually word these things so that it's more natural... I could go for *kiss*/*lick* style.. but I think that would look weird overall, and using something like smooch just wouldn't work either... maybe bracketing them? ehh...

and honestly... the chuu and reros themselves don't bother me or break immersion too much...

#TranslatorProblems

*edit* weather just decided it's time for rain thunder and lightning... joy... hope I don't need to shut off my pc...

4.70 star(s) 76 Votes