Elmithian

Jun 26, 2021
how to het ng+ ? i have bad ending and dont get this
If you progressed even mildly ahead, you will have gotten couple of "points" just start a new game and you should be able to add them to the equation to make the new game easier.

Well, unless you screwed up really early, and then I assume you went for the Hard difficulty which is not recommended on the first run exactly because these points you get from progressing certain things in the story make that difficulty more easy to deal with without save spamming.

Either way, you can press F12 to get back to the starting menu (atl if using the steam version) and then load a previous save if you don't want to start from the beginning.

If you got a bad ending where the sister goes... well, you will know what kind of ending that is, that means you were pretty awful brother and that is just a natural result of yer behavior. The sister has a mood gauge on the screen and if you go too low, that won't end well for anyone. That and if you let her remain sick for too long.

zeusdia

Oct 14, 2017
Love you for that link. Thank you! <3
...edit..how do I use this lmao
Download and run , then run the game (WINDOWED, do not use F11 to make it fullscreen), go back to Magpie and use the New profile button on the left to add the game to the list of profiles.
Then select whichever scaling mode you want to use (feel free to experiment, but Anime4k is a good start) and just alt-tab back to the game and BOOM! HD imouto achieved! :cool:
1711759357150.png

The basic setting has some artifacts, but you can improve that if you make your own custom scaling configuration here, just play around with it:
1711759430360.png
Once you make a new one don't forget to select it as active in the game profile you created before.

I've highlighted what I use for this game. It's Anime4k_Upscale_Denoise_VL together with Anime4K_Restore_VL.
Probably either might work quite well alone by itself, but I feel like I see slightly less artifacting with this setting.
Didn't try them all to find the most optimal one though. There's crapton of them and they can be combined so after half-hour of trial, error & endless screenshot comparison I landed on the aforementioned combo.

zeusdia How did you get the black bars in Magpie? I often find full-screen to be too full for me, and black bars seem like a good compromise since I can't have windowed-but-upscaled.
Yeah I feel the same with this game. It kinda fits together with the whole monochrome atmosphere. Plus it reduces the upscaling artifacts!
Anyway, I actually got them automatically with the setup screenshotted above (with my 1440p desktop resolution).
But if you want customized image size you can use one of the rescalers (highlighted here in the red box):

1711759777308.png

I use the one called Lanczos if I want total fullscreen without black bars, it works the other way too, so you can use it to shrink the image as you like:
1711760054593.png

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

huwala

Feb 5, 2023
been a while since i checked this thread, does fan and kagura version have the same save file location? since i want to migrate into kagura version and dont want to replay from the beginning

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
been a while since i checked this thread, does fan and kagura version have the same save file location? since i want to migrate into kagura version and dont want to replay from the beginning
Saves are incompatible between the versions. Saves are also stored locally within the game's directory and not in your app data like renpy games are.

Pervyfox

Mar 14, 2018
sorry if this was posted already but i didnt find it looking for the code, what caused this? 1711771666381.png

Im playing the fantranslation version

psychomad

Aug 1, 2020
Noticed that during an adventure when its supposed to be "your butthole itches" it instead says the path was a bit tough" I believe. minor thing, translation is still great :D
In that case, there might be variations of that event? I'm pretty sure I read "your butthole itches" in my playthrough.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
The saves are based on the internal name of the game. You can make them compatible by changing that part, since all of the variables and such are still the same. I made a post earlier with an upload of a changed file to allow you to use the JP saves with Kagura's version..
Here's the post: https://f95zone.to/threads/living-with-sister-monochrome-fantasy-steam-inusuku.104365/post-13283026

Ukelele15

Sep 15, 2020
I downloaded the Kagura version and I have been trying to cheat using Cheat Engine for easy money but I just can't find the right address/value using the first scan and next scan option.

Could someone please tell me what am I doing wrong (besides obviously cheating, kek) or direct me to some tutorial/instruction?

creampieguy64

May 13, 2020
Hey guys! i want to share my save game i think i did a lot of things and i don't know what to do anymore except for the monster hunts. The latest save is in 17

Reactions: kjtn77
4.70 star(s) 77 Votes