Cliff_Edge

Jul 26, 2021
I helped in MTL translating a mobile port of monochrome and it still took forever. I understand your pain lol.
It is indeed very hard work. Fortunately, Shade has already translated a general majority of the content which will be in the 1.4 release (read: all of the content from 1.3.1, which he translated months ago, will be in 1.4.x).

Most of the work he'll do once 1.4 releases is translating the new content, proofread the already translated stuff from 1.3.1 if necessary, and putting the translated text into the appropriate places in the code (which apparently is a right proper bitch of a task).

NekoRush

Aug 25, 2017
I'd like to know which is better to play? the Official English version or Fan Translated version and what make' them different. Also which mod's do you recommend downloading?

Cliff_Edge

Jul 26, 2021
I'd like to know which is better to play? the Official English version or Fan Translated version and what make' them different. Also which mod's do you recommend downloading?
As of right now, the fan translated version is better by default. The official English version has not been released yet.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
I think you're confusing this one with Monochrome? There is no official translation yet.

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
It is indeed very hard work. Fortunately, Shade has already translated a general majority of the content which will be in the 1.4 release (read: all of the content from 1.3.1, which he translated months ago, will be in 1.4.x).

Most of the work he'll do once 1.4 releases is translating the new content, proofread the already translated stuff from 1.3.1 if necessary, and putting the translated text into the appropriate places in the code (which apparently is a right proper bitch of a task).
I remember far back in the thread someone wrote a python script that would supposedly automate the porting of the existing older translation to the new versions but shade never responded to it so I have no idea if it even worked

EDIT: Ahh here is the post https://f95zone.to/threads/imouto-life-fantasy-v0-4-inusuku.104365/post-8410657

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Tomorrow.
FK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-
--
Actual release date: When the translation is out.

kengador

Aug 6, 2020
Normally i don't care about translation but this game is cute enough to care. I'll wait for slimshadesishere supreme lyrical translation this time.

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
What software are you using for translations? I took a look at AdventCirno's tool and with it you can get an export file with all the used text in the game (attachment). This way you can also get the updated game's text, and by comparing the old and new just fill in the gaps with changed text.
I was using Translator++ to translate and examine translations, also WolfRPG to export script's pseudocode with embeded strings. The reason being you can clearly see the context of the string + you can see how context (or/and string) is changing from version to version.

In both approaches (AdventCirno and WolfRPG export) you can dump result files in version control software (like git) and make appropriate changes.
That's the main reason I dropped my project halfway, unlike git, it was very extremely limiting and felt like reinventing wheel all over again. Second reason was the quality of the script itself.
During gameplay most lines are repeating (it's grindy game) so you glance over them without reading so the issues are not so obvious, but once I launched Translator++ I got assaulted with pure MTL. This is completely not worth carrying over to the next version. Especially when I hear most of the good translation is not in game but in Shadesishere's famous and mysterious notes. When the whole idea is to carry over the good stuff smoothly onto the new version it all breaks apart when you need to apply additional elbow grease not only to lines that changed but also old lines as well. From my perspective, at this point, it'll take less effort to make translation from zero than appempt to fix it.

On side note, if anyone is willing to suffer through MTL you can download Translator++, open new Imouto there and apply DeepL translation. Just skip translating all system dialogs and default WolfRPG stuff, these will (most likely) break your game.

Reactions: Mczipper
4.70 star(s) 79 Votes