Gregorian24

Jul 24, 2020
and oh boy... mods made a mistake... they just updated the wrong thread :

View attachment 3471659

I sincerly hope they didn't just overwrite all of the original's links...

proof of Kagura's silly naming policy causing confusion.
Couldn't really blame the mod as the title of the game by Kagura can be confusing with the Monochrome one.
Luckily the original link is still available at "older version" section.

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
can we use the mods on this steam version?
apparently, daseson's colour mod works? not too sure.
I'll get back to you on that soon.
Yes, the color mod works without problems.

You just have to unzip the folders with Wolf Extractor.

Since the color mod has an installer, I think I could play with it to make an easy-to-install version, but the bad part is that I would have to do it every time Kagura updates so it would be a little extra work.

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
can we use the mods on this steam version?
Yes, but FFFox Mod and Godly Brother Mod both alter the very files that the translations are in, so most of the translation would be overwritten by Shadesishere's translation. Only the translated images would be left after using the mod (and not for long for those, either). Essentially, all using the steam version with those two mods gives you is the official uncensored images and a few changed ui pics, along with resetting your saves.
Also, to use mods, the wolf files need unpacked, which is pre-done in Shadesishere's version, but will need to be done manually with Kagura's. (Really easy, just search WolfRPG Decrytper.)

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Yes, but FFFox Mod and Godly Brother Mod both alter the very files that the translations are in, so most of the translation would be overwritten by Shadesishere's translation. Only the translated images would be left after using the mod (and not for long for those, either). Essentially, all using the steam version with those two mods gives you is the official uncensored images and a few changed ui pics, along with resetting your saves.
Also, to use mods, the wolf files need unpacked, which is pre-done in Shadesishere's version, but will need to be done manually with Kagura's. (Really easy, just search WolfRPG Decrytper.)
quick q, because I haven't bothered digging into Kagura/Steam ver yet, but the decrypt key still the same as before?

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
I think the best thing would be to extract the game as was done with the Shade version and then upload it to mega and update the download link in the first post.

This way everyone could install the mods without many complications.

Shadesishere How do you like the idea?

Last edited:

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
I think the best thing would be to extract the game as was done with the Shade version and then upload it to mega and update the download link in the first post.

This way everyone could install the mods without many complications.

Shadesishere How do you like the idea?
I could do that, but right now there I'm trying to get the mods to fix the Monochrome Thread

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
quick q, because I haven't bothered digging into Kagura/Steam ver yet, but the decrypt key still the same as before?
It's the same base coding as Inusuku's 1.4.3 with a manual translation added in, so it should act the same as the Japanese version. Can't guarantee it, though, since they were touching the code in the editor in areas. Most of it appears untouched, but a few of the unnamed common events still have their wip leftovers for certain parts of the translation, so some of the lines of code might not match up line to line.
Not only are there a few wip leftovers in the code (unseen and not game effecting, so fine as-is), but they left in three extra unneeded wolf files they had been using for testing, as well as an extracted commonevent file for the Comicket event in their game? Did they not think to clean up the project before just packing it and sending it out?

Samenbank

Oct 27, 2020
Decrypting the game and putting the mods over it seems to work.
Even the unreadable font will be replaced by doing that :)
Savegames are working too.

I just hope that the addon-content is not overwritten by replacing tons of files with older versions... :p

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Decrypting the game and putting the mods over it seems to work.
Even the unreadable font will be replaced by doing that :)
Savegames are working too.

I just hope that the addon-content is not overwritten by replacing tons of files with older versions... :p
well, as add-on content (dlc) isn't out yet, no problem there for now.

also, Kagura version... is 1.4.0? have to double check that, only caught a brief glimpse while I was doing other things.

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Played the Kagura version last night. My qualms with the font choice still remains, but the translation itself is superior as far as I'm concerned.
Yes on story front.
No on terminology front.

A few of the word choices don't make the least bit of sense.

Really mods? REALLY?

View attachment 3471821
I have proof to the contrary.
"How dare you point at our mistakes, criminal scum!"

Reactions: Fuku95

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Actually, that's a question... can we fix that?
also, Monochrome thread is fixed (yay)
Here's a quick code switch. Literally just needed change to >10, etc, instead of 0>=.
*Edit: Added a version for Shadesishere's version.

Warning: Does not work with my FFFox Mod. The mod itself will have it's own fix with the next update. Was just sharing this fix for the regular versions without the mod for others.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 85 Votes