Annon-kun

Feb 16, 2022
Im confused about the translation. 0.4 so the game is only translated like 40%?
Should I wait for translation 1.0?

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Im confused about the translation. 0.4 so the game is only translated like 40%?
Should I wait for translation 1.0?
No, the game is pretty much 100% translated. 0.4 is simply the version, in each version the translator kept up with a new patch or was simply improvements(fixing misspellings, fixing the font, rephrasing things, etc) on the translation. From a quick "turning Japanese into English as quickly as possible" into "making the translation look and sound like it has always been there" 0.4 is the third revision of a complete translation.

Reactions: Annon-kun

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
No, the game is pretty much 100% translated. 0.4 is simply the version, in each version the translator kept up with a new patch or was simply improvements(fixing misspellings, fixing the font, rephrasing things, etc) on the translation. From a quick "turning Japanese into English as quickly as possible" into "making the translation look and sound like it has always been there" 0.4 is the third revision of a complete translation.
I dunno about 100%, the "stats" / panty screen is still not fully translated.

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
I dunno about 100%, the "stats" / panty screen is still not fully translated.
But how often does one read the panty screen during play? It is not necessary to complete the game or access any features, it is simply flavor text. Everything that you would desire to know or need to read during the course of a playthrough has been translated. That is why I said "pretty much" 100%, a few hold-outs remain but none of them are truly of consequence and are shrinking with each update.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
But how often does one read the panty screen during play? It is not necessary to complete the game or access any features, it is simply flavor text. Everything that you would desire to know or need to read during the course of a playthrough has been translated. That is why I said "pretty much" 100%, a few hold-outs remain but none of them are truly of consequence and are shrinking with each update.
The stats are one thing I need to look at 'coz some o' those stats are needed to get some scenes and I've no idea what any of them mean.

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
The stats are one thing I need to look at 'coz some o' those stats are needed to get some scenes and I've no idea what any of them mean.
This is what you need for progress, as you can see, everything is translated.
ScreenShot_2023_0211_10_59_34.png

This is flavor text, the panties have been translated, but the stats that show your record are not required but what they mean hasn't changed since Imouto Life Monochrome so it is easy to use that as a reference.
ScreenShot_2023_0211_10_59_51.png

Reactions: torresm

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
This is what you need for progress, as you can see, everything is translated.
View attachment 2383355

This is flavor text, the panties have been translated, but the stats that show your record are not required but what they mean hasn't changed since Imouto Life Monochrome so it is easy to use that as a reference.
View attachment 2383378
In that case, time to download monochrome just for the f-ing second panel 'coz OCD.

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Yes, 100%.
Would be better if it's in the dam- downloadable one.
In the game folder in data>picture there is a file called "p_stats" which is basically that screen but blank, it can be taken to MS Paint or photoshop or whatever image editor you want to use and you can write the translation in and it will display in-game.

As you can see, it is blank, but can be edited and if you take the edited screen and replace the one there, you will have a translated status screen.
p_stats.png

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
In the game folder in data>picture there is a file called "p_stats" which is basically that screen but blank, it can be taken to MS Paint or photoshop or whatever image editor you want to use and you can write the translation in and it will display in-game.

As you can see, it is blank, but can be edited and if you take the edited screen and replace the one there, you will have a translated status screen.
View attachment 2383537
A'ight*, now I know how to turn the game to a sh-post when I feel like it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: torresm

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
View attachment 2378033

A beautiful illustration of inusuku,

I am very happy that he has reached this amount of downloads in his games and is excited to work even more..

Note: The sister's hair color in this illustration is even lighter than what I've been painting in my mod ._."
I have a question, would you ever consider doing a coloring of Monochrome as well or are you just hoping to finally be done with Fantasy? I've posted the horror show that is the current mod, so I was wondering if you might fix that game as well.

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
I have a question, would you ever consider doing a coloring of Monochrome as well or are you just hoping to finally be done with Fantasy? I've posted the horror show that is the current mod, so I was wondering if you might fix that game as well.

The truth is I was thinking of coloring the remake when it comes out, of course if no one else does it as was the case with fantasy,

Really, the coloring of monochrome I have always tried not to comment on it because although people say that it is ugly, I more than anyone else, recognize the work of coloring a game, it is not something that happens from one day to the next and that person really put an effort into it.

I would think that if the remake hasn't come out when I finish fantasy I could try it, really this has become a kind of routine for me hehe I go out to work in the mornings I study in the afternoons I get home and color a little...

I really like it a lot and even more when in this forum they give me positive comments about the work I do...

As always thank you very much everyone :giggle:

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
The truth is I was thinking of coloring the remake when it comes out, of course if no one else does it as was the case with fantasy,

Really, the coloring of monochrome I have always tried not to comment on it because although people say that it is ugly, I more than anyone else, recognize the work of coloring a game, it is not something that happens from one day to the next and that person really put an effort into it.

I would think that if the remake hasn't come out when I finish fantasy I could try it, really this has become a kind of routine for me hehe I go out to work in the mornings I study in the afternoons I get home and color a little...

I really like it a lot and even more when in this forum they give me positive comments about the work I do...

My parents were old school and I was taught that effort alone, no matter how strenuous, was not enough to garner praise unless the results of that effort produced something of value. If that was not the case then doing something halfway then walking away leaving it unfinished would be a praiseworthy endeavor.

You put a lot of effort prior to this game into refining your artistic ability then when you undertook the task of coloring the game it resulting in a beautiful looking images. You do not receive praise simply because of your efforts alone, you receive praise because your efforts allowed you to create something unique and valuable.

That is the difference between you and the guy who did monochrome, the person who did monochrome did not put in enough effort to develop his artistic sense prior to starting and thus the results were not aesthetically pleasing. It's simple cause and effect, you worked hard, and made something amazing, he was lazy, thus the result. You did not put in the same amount of effort, not by a long shot.

Daseson

Dec 30, 2020
My parents were old school and I was taught that effort alone, no matter how strenuous, was not enough to garner praise unless the results of that effort produced something of value. If that was not the case then doing something halfway then walking away leaving it unfinished would be a praiseworthy endeavor.

You put a lot of effort prior to this game into refining your artistic ability then when you undertook the task of coloring the game it resulting in a beautiful looking images. You do not receive praise simply because of your efforts alone, you receive praise because your efforts allowed you to create something unique and valuable.

That is the difference between you and the guy who did monochrome, the person who did monochrome did not put in enough effort to develop his artistic sense prior to starting and thus the results were not aesthetically pleasing. It's simple cause and effect, you worked hard, and made something amazing, he was lazy, thus the result. You did not put in the same amount of effort, not by a long shot.
Thank you very much for your words,

For now let's wait and see what happens, if when I finish this project the remake still doesn't come out I would like to try coloring the other game.

Reactions: ChaosOpen

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Thank you very much for your words,

For now let's wait and see what happens, if when I finish this project the remake still doesn't come out I would like to try coloring the other game.
Yeah, to be perfectly honest when I asked I had completely forgotten that there was a remake. If forced to choose the remake sounds more appealing, unless it turns out to be worse than the original.

Shadow091

Jan 9, 2021

would absolutely LOVE if you color the monochrome remake your coloring is pretty much the best out there (or course there being minor amount of people who tried)

• Red Heart
Reactions: akapp and Daseson
4.70 star(s) 84 Votes