Mod RPGM Liz ~The Tower and the Grimoire ~Enhanced~ [v0.3.2]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

What content regarding DLC for this game would you like to see.

• DLC: Focus on Aisha

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • DLC: Focus on Liz

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • DLC: Focus on Liz + Aisha (Equal Amounts)

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • Don't create DLC and focus on expanding the current game.

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Olakin

Feb 3, 2021
That will be the next thing to be added ;)
Real shit, you returning to work on the mod again is really exciting. The sheer quality of this mod is amazing, like the sex scenes changing/adapting to the clothes you're wearing is some AAA stuff and something you rarely see in NSFW games. Really can't express how much I'm looking forward to your future work on the mod given how amazing it already is.

Reactions: -Joeb-

lilylunar

Oct 18, 2019
I've noticed that about every 5 minutes or so of gameplay that everything will freeze visually. I can still send inputs, and even make my way to saving so I can restart, but it is very frustrating. No idea what causes it, it's happened both in cutscenes and outside of them.

Zanagets

Oct 15, 2017
I've noticed that about every 5 minutes or so of gameplay that everything will freeze visually. I can still send inputs, and even make my way to saving so I can restart, but it is very frustrating. No idea what causes it, it's happened both in cutscenes and outside of them.
Do you have a HHD or SSD?

Reactions: spokkimax

Zanagets

Oct 15, 2017
I am aware of possible performance issues. This is happening for several reasons.
RPG Maker MV "tries" to be smart and load the appropriate assets before the scene. Unfortunately, this is not necessarily a good option in this game, since one Event is responsible for showing the standing CGs. As a result, the engine loads literally all variations of a given CG. So the best solution is to simply load all standing CGs in advance.
This is not very noticeable if you have an SSD, because it handles a lot of small files much better, but with an HDD (which I have for example) the problem is more noticeable.

Reactions: spokkimax

Olakin

Feb 3, 2021
I am aware of possible performance issues. This is happening for several reasons.
RPG Maker MV "tries" to be smart and load the appropriate assets before the scene. Unfortunately, this is not necessarily a good option in this game, since one Event is responsible for showing the standing CGs. As a result, the engine loads literally all variations of a given CG. So the best solution is to simply load all standing CGs in advance.
This is not very noticeable if you have an SSD, because it handles a lot of small files much better, but with an HDD (which I have for example) the problem is more noticeable.
It's made with Java and not RPG Maker, but the game Tales of Androgyny does a similar thing. At the start of that game, you can press P and the game lags up for about a minute, but it loads every single CG and allows the player to seamlessly go into encounters with no lag or wait time. Otherwise if you don't do that, anytime the player comes across an encounter, the game will freeze for a few seconds and a loading screen appears while the CGs are loaded for the encounter.

No clue if it's possible in RPG Maker, but letting the player pre-load the CGs in the main menu would (I assume) resolve that issue entirely.

Last edited:

Zanagets

Oct 15, 2017
To some extent.
The problem is that a great deal of CG is "repeatable". Normally, creators insert a body as a base for the image, to which clothes and facial expressions can be added. Then many variations can be loaded. In this case, for example, the amount of CG for Liz alone (standing CG only) is 250. And from my experience, you DO NOT want to load that amount into the cache. Most likely, the best solution would be to increase the small cache limit and add a plugin that makes sure the CGs are loaded before the scene itself, while the large cache limit will reduce the number of loads.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Asus10x

Nov 2, 2018
Ehm, developer still work or abandon? Anyway, you do great job, but if i can say my opinion, well: i think most people prefer content for protagonist and less people prefer npc-npc interactions. Maybe you need to concentrate your talent for Liz content first? That's your work anyway, do as you see fit. (Ha-ha, my prefer is just remove Aisha as support character and swap all her CG's with Liz model)

Last edited:
Reactions: garuda1

Zanagets

Oct 15, 2017
Progress has slowed down for a few reasons (mostly IRL crap), but I think the next update will be the end of, you could call it, crap-updates, which are updates that only change the game slightly and add things like quality of life changes, bug fixes, etc.
I've been playing around with the plugins quite a bit and I think I know what direction I'd like to take the story and the engine.
First of all, I really love the RPG Maker engine, but just the thought of 90's style turn-based battles makes me want to turn off every game I play that contains them. So... Action Battle System sounds like a good idea.
And as for the story, a little spoiler.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Asus10x

Nov 2, 2018
Heey, Developer! What you think about add mini-events for every male-NPC in the Bramach? I tried use notepad++, ctrl+C and ctrl+V for add mini-event for every male in the bar, it works and looking fun (for me), but i don't understand how to add a one-per-day condition for the H-scene. (Customer in the bar have condition, but copy/past crash the game, Ha-ha!)

Last edited:

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Aisha is the best waifu, no way :whistle:
Really wish Aisha got her own game with this design, the game Luxuria use different art style so she didn't look as beautiful and sexy as in this one which is a shame really. Maybe we will got it in the future but who's know

tldrsteel

Jul 22, 2018
Does anyone have a full save for this? I beat the original game and can't figure out how to convert that full save over, if it's even possible!

Never mind: I'm dumb and didn't see the unlock all button. Thanks Zanagets - you've really thought of everything!

Last edited:

Zanagets

Oct 15, 2017
Heey, Developer! What you think about add mini-events for every male-NPC in the Bramach? I tried use notepad++, ctrl+C and ctrl+V for add mini-event for every male in the bar, it works and looking fun (for me), but i don't understand how to add a one-per-day condition for the H-scene. (Customer in the bar have condition, but copy/past crash the game, Ha-ha!)
I think it's probably better to just make a larger number of NPCs, instead of a scene for each one. You know, less predictability and repetition.
I tried use notepad++, ctrl+C and ctrl+V for add mini-event for every male in the bar, it works and looking fun (for me), but i don't understand how to add a one-per-day condition for the H-scene. (Customer in the bar have condition, but copy/past crash the game, Ha-ha!)
Easy to do!
But, I wouldn't use a notepad for this if I were you. Just download RPG Maker MV, create a new project and replace all the files in the folder with the files from the mod. The structure of the project looks identical to the structure of the game itself. (almost, .exe is not the game but the project, so do not delete this)
The engine is very simple when it comes to such things and the project itself is translated by me. In case of scenes, there are 2 switches; one responsible for showing the event in the gallery and the other for not showing the event on the same day, which resets after sleeping. (in common events)

Asus10x

Nov 2, 2018
I think it's probably better to just make a larger number of NPCs, instead of a scene for each one. You know, less predictability and repetition.
Yeah, i understand your position. But i saw original H-ending, my position is just - Liz need to "work" hard with every NPC before that ending (yeah, i know, corruption points only need for that). And repeatable mini-events with every non-used in original game male-NPC looking good as way of her corruption. He-he-he. I just reduced contribution-points that are given for H-events, and my Liz work "as fuck paver" for bronze. Anyway, i think dialogues is real problem, 36 male-NPC available before bronze and i give all of them mini-events, but come up with an individual dialogue for everyone is true hard.
P.S.: i mean, that my view only, heh
P.P.S.: oh, God-Developer, can you create Major and repeatable maid-events and maid-outfit for Liz in the future? everyone love maids!

Last edited:

Fleroxius

Dec 16, 2020
Just started the game and Aisha is naked on the Status screen for some reason, even though nothing happened yet. Doesn't happen in conversations Screenshot 2021-11-24 112440.png

AH-64E

Nov 2, 2017
This isn't a game/mod issue, it's an RPGM issue. You'll probably get the same freeze with sound in other games, too. I haven't been able to figure out a fix for it, there's some people out there with the same issue but no one ever seems to be able to help them.

Is the best information I've found about the issue, but I don't have any idea what to do with it.

Reactions: Necronlord3
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes