DiscipleOfVirginia

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fine you can have two

Truth5eekker

Nov 26, 2020
Allthough it is very tempting for me to respond with several memes, let me respond properly.

Before I respond, let me be clear here. I have no issues with criticisms, I need to know what I am doing wrong so I can correct it. So thanks guys and gals for your comments, it does really help <3

I will respond to the AI- Voices further down.

Putting in the output render noise (White Noise) was a risk I did. The response to it, has been either no comment, or that its literally the worst thing I have ever done in my entire life and that I should roblox myself and how fucking even dare you still draw breath Virginia???? cringe (Not saying you did this by the way Ennoch, its just that f95 isn't the only place I receive criticism)

I am being slightly hyperbolic here of course.

I had no idea that people hated white noise this much. With that said I like your idea about putting it into the story more sparringly. And I will look into using another VHS background noise.

The VHS overlay has to be there, because I wanted this VN to feel like a VHS tape. But I will look into using what blend mode to use where ^^. If people have suggestions, please let me know.

The sound channel for the voices will be tied to a certain slider for v1 (Next version), so people can turn them off if they want. Because if my Patreons overwhelmingly likes the voices, I will keep them. The narrator's voice, Mrs Vain, will be kept regardless (But again, tied to a slider so people can turn it off if they want) ^^

Yeah, Mr Vain and Mrs Vain will always be voiced ^^

As I said above, I will tie the dialogue voices and the Narrator voices to seperate sliders. The narrator voice is what I am using for the hypno sections for my sissy horror game I am developing. So I need to keep doing it, so I get better at using it :)

Now, the reason why this demo was so short should be apparent. I needed the feedback, so when I start doing the proper v1, I can make it better than the demo.

All in all, let me be clear here. I have no issues with criticisms, I need to know what I am doing wrong so I can correct it. So thanks guys and gals for your comments, it does really help <3

Yeah i have always liked about that mr. vain and mrs. vain where voiced and their Ai voices fitted the context. Maybe narrator voice was okeyish too but those dialogue lines and exchanges between characters were Ai lvl bad and i wouldn't recommend putting them on V1 because its going to probs put off more people that it gains to its side. (tho if patreons are liking fully voiced exchanges between characters so be it) What I am trying to say that this might turn off some potential new and returning patreons because they can't stand the AI voice acting. Personally im going to play it ether ways and re sub at some point but as general design choice I would really think hard on it if its good for the project.
I didn't really have a problem with white noise but i can see why it makes some mad, and maybe when game is finnished or you would play it on longer session i can imagine it can become annoying. So maybe look in to putting bit less of it in the final game.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiscipleOfVirginia

DiscipleOfVirginia

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Yeah i have always liked about that mr. vain and mrs. vain where voiced and their Ai voices fitted the context. Maybe narrator voice was okeyish too but those dialogue lines and exchanges between characters were Ai lvl bad and i wouldn't recommend putting them on V1 because its going to probs put off more people that it gains to its side. (tho if patreons are liking fully voiced exchanges between characters so be it) What I am trying to say that this might turn off some potential new and returning patreons because they can't stand the AI voice acting. Personally im going to play it ether ways and re sub at some point but as general design choice I would really think hard on it if its good for the project.
I didn't really have a problem with white noise but i can see why it makes some mad, and maybe when game is finnished or you would play it on longer session i can imagine it can become annoying. So maybe look in to putting bit less of it in the final game.
I will put in a volume slider for the dialogue voices, and the narrator voices. So people who rly hate it, can turn them off ^^ There is however, some voices that need to be in there, for some of the ehm "creatures", and there is one line Linnéa says that has to be there too.

And yeah, the white noise is more just strange to me that I got such a strong reaction to it but ah well xD

Truth5eekker

Nov 26, 2020
Nope that's why i asked what kind is it
You should play AB first then, all smut that mc takes part is optional as far I remember and over all lore and themes that are part of AB, OBB and Ljus worlds are easier to understand if you start at the beginning.

Zairus

May 25, 2017
Ok, while i like this demo, it's stylish and cool, pretty intriguing, also i liked animated loops, but obviously the white noise like other folks mentioned need to be fixed somehow, maybe to fill some important moment with it, hard to say, it's really annoying to hear it all the time. The ai voice over, some moments was not bad, but honestly speaking it's bad. Lack of emotions, sounds too fake and separations also, when like 3 girls are talking(basically two, but there is also a narrator speaking beetwen) so things become chaotic. Well the simplest way is just to allow us to turn voice off, but maybe it could become better at some point. Anyway, things look promising, good luck!

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes