Mod Abandoned LL Game mods for Lifeplay

After fixing and updating my mods. Which one would you like to see finished first?

• Dungeon and Harem Mod

• The Magic Mod

• Set Relationship V3

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
1- Thats a fuckup(My bad), will sort today.
2-Difficulty is a work in progress, will get more options as I go
3-Need clarification, please explain what you mean by this, it is a little buggy, and needs work.
4-Bug, when multiple tenants turn up, they are to view one room. It was supposed to exit the mod completly after choosing tenant, recruiting a second as you say does not work. will try and sort tonight.
I do like the ideas once base mod is stable, I will use some of these.
3- the person you interview is not the person who moves in.
4- One problem with exiting mod, is after choosing it takes a whole day to reset advertising, which can be very time consuming based on how people play.
Adding a option to ask someone to move in, outside the advertising thing, would be a good idea.
And the option to choosing of which apartment to show and have tenet move in could fix problem.
Plus could give option of having multiple people in same room, for threesome or other things(help raising rent cost, etc...)

Last edited:

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Re 4: This is actual by design, it lengthens the mod playtime, Although I suppose it could be linked to difficulty.
Asking people to move in has potential, however. I will always avoid changing base scenes if posible. Only one mod can change a base scene otherwise they overwrite each other. It would be possible to add the code to the selection choices within the 3D rooms though, will think about it as its a bit odd going up to random people and asking them to move in.
Multiple people in one room however is next to impossible and would mean making massive changes to the mod code which is already 2500 lines long, this wont happen unless I expand the code to make specific multi person rooms. Will codsider it again.

Reactions: Sathras

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
It would be possible to add the code to the selection choices within the 3D rooms though, will think about it as its a bit odd going up to random people and asking them to move in.
That is what I was thinking, because players can going on dates with people and asking them within the 3D rooms.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Wont update till I have more done but.

Exit now works in building disrepair. Another stupid mistake, it was done I just put Exit instead of "Exit" lol.(Missed the " ")

Main random scene launcher made and working.
Instead of adding dozens of scenes to the game I am just adding one random Master scene.
This master scene then launches sub scenes dependant on number of tennants, difficulty, Time etc. This will better allow me to control and monitor the scenes than the base game does. No constant repeats or inapropriate scenes etc.
Although Random scene's wont happen till I am satiafied with the base code.

Tonight I will be converting all generated tempory npc's to permanant ones and deleting the extras, this is quite a lot of work so will be off for a good 24 hours probabily.

Also seriiously considering Ravenger6660's Idea of Apartment quality for building and furnishing. This would work well with a satiafaction stat added to your tenant's and Potentialy a sort of apartment and furniture 'Health' that degrades over time dependant on quality and the tenant 'type' (Hidden variable maybe), let me know what you think Please! as this will be a Major code upgrade.

Also thanks for the comments and bug reports, sometimes on here it is impossible to know even if people are downloading, playing or enjoying a mod as you often get zero feedback.

• Love
Reactions: Ravenger6660

Vima

Modder
Jul 3, 2018
This idea is not bad.
It's just a question of how far you want to go with this system.
Assuming the apartment's interior is run-down... will the tenants walk away?
Or is it "only" going to involve increased restoration costs?

Because of feedback and bug reports i have to agree with you.
Sometimes I would like to have a little bit more of it, although this has a much higher weight for your mods.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Ok, after a 'brief' brainstorming this is my thought process on quality and how to work it.
I assign a hidden variable to all tenant's. Lets call it 'Pride', on generating a tenant I would randomise the 'Pride' between 1-10. The player (You) will not know or be able to change the pride variable. It is more or less how 'house proud' (neat) a tenant is.

A tenant with 'pride' of 10 eg will want to live someplace as tidy and nice as possible, they will be fussy but look after the apartment and get very happy, living in a nice place.
To oppose this a tenant with a pride of 1 would be a slob, they dont care about your apartment and as such the apartment 'health' would suffer more.

This wont just be displayed by extra cost, this would also be very usefull for triggering scene's and remember at the end of the day this mod will feed in the 'Harem' and 'Dungeon' If them mods are also installed. So it will also affect tenant stat's and relationship to the player character.

Scene examples:
Damageing apartments could put tenants into more debt, becoming reliant on the landlord(Harem)
Evicting bad tenants, and maybe forcing them into dungeon.
Increasing love etc by giving the tenant the quality they want.

It also adds more gameplay elements to the mod. Trying to find the best tenants, and getting rid of bad ones!
these are just initial thought, will refine later.
Sleep time.

Vima

Modder
Jul 3, 2018
This sounds really nice :)
I have to say... I can't wait to see the other mods, if they're working together like this ;)

Reactions: Highland_Hunter

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Going to get Landlord stable and fully functional before i move on too the "harem" base mod.
Today I will be working on the npc generation and tenant portion of the mod to make it stable and less buggy. should be an update tonight.

Reactions: Highland_Hunter

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Vima:

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on my " Horse Stable" Room idea.

After spending many Hours (over many days, due to eye-tiredness & brain-strain), I couldn't find anything really close to what I had in my mind :oops:. ( Sure wish I had some artistic abilities, then I'd just draw what I had in mind :( )

I'm still going to keep looking though, just not so intensively.( I'll be looking at other types of media, as in TV & movies).

Most of what I found, was very modern, and usually very large, as in more than say 2-3 stalls .

Though, a lot of what I did find, would have been, fairly good fits for the " Horse Stalls Rental & Riding Lessons/School" Business idea. So, that's still a possibility for the "future" .:whistle:

Reactions: Vima

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
FYI: The next update wont be tongiht after all.
NPC generation code rewritten and working better, NPC's now spawn as permanant and unused ones deleted, Although this isnt the mod causing the issue, it should solve NPC corruption.
If you advertise a room vacancy, it is for ONE room. There are issues why you cant assign two rooms in one scene. If you refuse a tenant or the tenant doesnt want the room, you can show another around and move them in. But you can only move one tenant in for each advert.

New Stuff:
Ok this will be a big update and make some large changes.(The reason for no update tonight)
The hire builders to renovate room has been replaced, this is how the new system works.
you will get 2 menus the first is 'build quality', and is as it says the quality of the apartment structure.
This is static and will never go down, It ranges between 10-50
The next is 'furnishings Quality' and at the start ranges from 10-50.
Combined this make 'Total Quality' and is how nice your apartment is,
to start with this will be between 20-100(build + furnishings) dependant on your choices.

Tenants now have a hidden stat called 'Pride', this ranges from 0-100 and shows how tidy or 'house proud' they are.
If 'Total Quality' is greater than Tenant 'Pride' the tenant will be very happy.
However over time 'Total Quality' will go down too just below the tenant 'pride' stat,
But NEVER below 'build quality'.
At any time during the game you can pay to raise 'furnishings Quality' to a maximum of 100 'Total Quality'
So even at a base 'build quality' of 10, total quality could be made 100.
'build quality' can be increased, But ONLY when the room isnt being rented and only to a maximum of 50.
This may sound confusing but it actualy quite simple.
Build and furnishings quality is already done and in the mod. However until repair and degredation is done, nothing will work properly, hence no update tonight!

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Update for tonight is probabily 50/50.
On the good side, I have now found a workaround for Money in non American maps. This issue has plauged me since I started moding the game:mad: . Only issue now is I have to go through the entire mod and replace all the money calculations! But it will now do acurate calculations with money, Also I noticed I never removed money for fitting cameras and gas emitters! so fixing that.
Update of the Update:eek:
Ok so it's finnished, actual update is still 50/50 for tonight.
As I now have to bug check it! Code is now over 3500 lines long lol.
Also as new features have been added, this will break save games as it stands.
So I will make an 'update save' in the options menu, before release.

Last edited:

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Update for tonight is probabily 50/50.
On the good side, I have now found a workaround for Money in non American maps. This issue has plauged me since I started moding the game:mad: . Only issue now is I have to go through the entire mod and replace all the money calculations! But it will now do acurate calculations with money, Also I noticed I never removed money for fitting cameras and gas emitters! so fixing that.
Update of the Update:eek:
Ok so it's finnished, actual update is still 50/50 for tonight.
As I now have to bug check it! Code is now over 3500 lines long lol.
Also as new features have been added, this will break save games as it stands.
So I will make an 'update save' in the options menu, before release.
Don't sweat about savegame incompatibility - quite a lot of mods for games require their own savegame file structure, and, well, no one gets *forced* to use your mod, actually.
Personally I really appreciate the time and effort you put in into your mod(/s), especially given your health problems I'm guessing which are not magically have gone away... and no, that's not a not-so-subtle way of me asking you about the future of the magic mod. Just look out for yourself, ok?
That said (TM)...
Do you plan to have the gas emitters spray stuff like knock-out gasses or other stuff in the future? I'm aware writing the code and dialogue will take time and creativity that you could invest otherwise, but I'd love to see other possibilities to administer to your tenants than the F_Me9000 gas rite now. With the chemist component of your planned mod maybe?

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Re Health: I'm fucked basicly:ROFLMAO:
But nothing I can do so I look after my health best I can, and just get on with it. Used to make games for a living, had to give that up 12 months ago, the stress was quit literaly killing me. So now I'm modding, If I want to and I enjoy it, I will do it. If I dont I will stop! It really isnt a big deal, I am actualy quite enjoying my self since this all happend.
As for the gas emitters yes, ever player 'LabRats 2' because that is where the chemistry mod is going (Blatant ripoff)
Not too sure how the magic mod will integrate with Landlord, but if I cant think of anything someone else will lol.
As for save compatability, that will only take 15 minutes to write so I may as well do it.
Currently looking probable that mod update will be in about an hour or 2. It's looking freaking awsome actualy:cool:

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Landlord V1_02
Description incomming on Page 1 shortly.
NOTE: I recommend you start a new game.
However if you dont want to and you are already running V1 or V1_01 of the landlord mod.
Go to 'PC/Landlord:Options' and run "Update Save to latest Version" This will add the current features to your old rooms.
However you cannot currently improve 'build quality' as this requires removal of the tennant, and thats not yet ingame.
Your choice!:devilish:

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Contents of next update.
Better spawning code for advertising Apartments. based around room quality and price.
Updated room models.
Tenant stat changes, based on interactions and room quality.
Sneaking into tenant rooms when they arnt there.
Will start after fixing any reported bugs for this version.

Reactions: The Grifter

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Nicely done, thanks a lot!
Could you maybe slap a quick 'reset appartment' option on your next update? Using the 1.02 (with upgraded save) after already having created 4 appartments under 1.01, with three of them vacant, gets me the 'no free appartment' prompt when looking for new tenants.
Also, shouldn't a tenant appear in one's contact/character list? Or maybe add a dialogue option so you can ask them if you can add them?

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Nicely done, thanks a lot!
Could you maybe slap a quick 'reset appartment' option on your next update? Using the 1.02 (with upgraded save) after already having created 4 appartments under 1.01, with three of them vacant, gets me the 'no free appartment' prompt when looking for new tenants.
Also, shouldn't a tenant appear in one's contact/character list? Or maybe add a dialogue option so you can ask them if you can add them?
Next update wont be tonight, however. I will add a mod reset, and a room reset, then put a sub release out tonight. Its only about 20 minutes work.
I have played with the idea of exchanging contacts once they become tenants, but there are drawbacks to this. May put it as an option in the options menu.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
after already having created 4 appartments under 1.01, with three of them vacant, gets me the 'no free appartment' prompt when looking for new tenants.
This is an interesting one! The update save option just adds 'FurnitureQuality' 'BaseQuality' to rooms if they are already built, and the 'Pride' stat to npc's if they exist.
Asuming the build time has been completed, I can see no reason that you cant rent the rooms.
The renting of rooms is done via a room status variable which the update doesnt touch, so I am not sure what's happening here.
Need to run some tests to try and make this happen on my side.
I have made a mod reset that removes the mod complelty for a restart, but until I can figure this out Im not sure how to fix it.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
This is an interesting one! The update save option just adds 'FurnitureQuality' 'BaseQuality' to rooms if they are already built, and the 'Pride' stat to npc's if they exist.
Asuming the build time has been completed, I can see no reason that you cant rent the rooms.
The renting of rooms is done via a room status variable which the update doesnt touch, so I am not sure what's happening here.
Need to run some tests to try and make this happen on my side.
I have made a mod reset that removes the mod complelty for a restart, but until I can figure this out Im not sure how to fix it.
Don't go overboard, the save I experienced this with is half a year old, with SB's mods, your own older mods and the galaxy's gravitational constant doing their merry way of messing stuff up with parameters they weren't supposed to mess with.
Meaning, I wouldn't be supprised if this bug wasn't reproduceable, so personally I'd recommend you shouldn't sink too much time into it!

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Landlord 1_02b
Small update, All features in 'PC/Landlord/Options'
Turn on/off exchange contacts with tenant's. On/Off buttons gone buggy it just says '0' but it works! will fix for next version.
Reset Mod: This will completly remove the mod and let you restart from scratch. You can delete all tenants, or turn then into NPC's.
Bug report tool: This is to help me understand bugs.

@ Genius_Vorcha
If you dont mind, please run the 'Variable report' in 'PC/Landlord:Options'
Choose 'VarA' and write on here the 8 numbers. What has happend shouldnt be possible, so I would like to understand it!