Unity LOK: Rebirth [v0.1.8.0 Test] [The Tribe Devs]

1.60 star(s) 24 Votes

freshi85

Nov 28, 2018
This "Game" still exists? Let's see where this is going, if anywhere. But I have to say i liked the other Artstyle better this looks kinda odd.

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
I'll wait until patch 0.2.0 or more and preferably with contents worth considering picking up ^^

Thanks for the info.
No Problem

Things should be more maintained here. And finally getting the build updated was a good first step, thanks to whoever the mod was that updated the links. Hopefully they can reach out so we can continue to do this into the future.

Reactions: CourierNPC

BremenMask

May 26, 2017
Why does Krystal get smaller when she moves closer to the foreground? In the first room the chair appears bigger than her when she moves downwards.

TimThrall

Feb 19, 2019
everytime i see a LOK i say, "Oh, the animation looks good. The situations are hot. Gameplay seems ok." But then as soon as headwind is made and looks like it's about to be complete something happens. Makes me wonder if i actually want to get into it...

Hey does anyone have a count of how many LOKs there are now?

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Why does Krystal get smaller when she moves closer to the foreground? In the first room the chair appears bigger than her when she moves downwards.
This is one of the things that I commented at the time so that these people realize that it is not necessary to add so much stupidity to a side scrolling game, nd it's because the vertical scroll area is too excessive, making the character appear small the further down the screen it moves.
I also commented about the "paper mario" effect generated by the eight scrolling directions, or the size decompensation between some backgrounds and characters... do they listen? No. They prefer to think that everything we say here is to discredit instead of taking it as advice to make a good game.

We know that they read here, even if it's on the sly. In fact, as soon as I mentioned that you could see in his profile the date of his last visit, Mr. Pikant has chosen to do this... :LOL: :FacePalm:

2022-08-16 093010.jpg

Last edited:

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
This is one of the things that I commented at the time so that these people realize that it is not necessary to add so much stupidity to a side scrolling game, nd it's because the vertical scroll area is too excessive, making the character appear small the further down the screen it moves.
I also commented about the "paper mario" effect generated by the eight scrolling directions, or the size decompensation between some backgrounds and characters... do they listen? No. They prefer to think that everything we say here is to discredit instead of taking it as advice to make a good game.

We know that they read here, even if it's on the sly. In fact, as soon as I mentioned that you could see in his profile the date of his last visit, Mr. Pikant has chosen to do this... :LOL: :FacePalm:

View attachment 1986889
Anything to keep the hivemind happy, I guess

0g_Nerd

Apr 3, 2020
I don't think I've commented on more than 10 threads on this site, but I came here to say that this build of the game is garbage, and that they should have just continued to finish v0.8 of the old system. This one is absolute trash, and it's unbelievable to me that this is a 1.x build. There are no scenes, and for some reason you can walk around and do ONE JOB, and there are like 5 actual dialogues, but like 10 people you can "talk" to whose dialogue only consists of saying "hello" and then immediately "goodbye". WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THOSE CHARACTERS DIALOGUE ACCESSIBLE JUST TO WASTE MY TIME LIKE THAT? Usually I go support games that have a good foundation but this one really rubbed me wrong. Finish your food before you move on to the second course. Apes.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018
Remember the previous build of this version (not the other one that was actualy worth something) running like a fat guy at a marathon after a all you can eat buffet. Can some mad lad/lass upload gifs or vids of the scenes that were added ?

Staning

Oct 14, 2021
That’s the Reason They’re Called Lessons (Public Patreon Post August 16th, 2022)

Happy Tuesday! We hope everyone is enjoying their month of August. It’s been a little while since our last public post. So let’s kickoff our first Mid-Month Update!

General Update

Thursday August 11th, Kuja unleashed an absolute unit of a KrAM picture. The positivity and support it brought to our Twitter has been awe inspiring. Thank you to everyone who liked, retweeted, and spread Kuja’s work. And to all who may be coming to their first Patreon post. Welcome, thanks for joining us on this journey. Screenshot_11.png
Head over to if you’d like to see Kay in her NSFW glory :]
LOKR-chart_1.5.png

Monday we had a meeting amongst the team talking about the future of the village and combat. One of the big points was laying out the Village in a more interesting/intuitive way. You can check out the diagram above for our plan. The “Hub” Background will be the first of Kuja’s priorities after the Absolution. Then we will be ready to implement the Tavern and the Waitressing Questline.

Code Update

Our coders, Ron and Hooch, have been reworking the Character Controller system these past few weeks. For anyone who may not know what that means, the Character Controller handles the input received from both the player and the AI, including the actions all characters can do. As we began to work on the combat, we quickly realized the old system wasn’t up to the task. So we needed a newer, more robust, system.

The Character Controller is a core piece of our system, as it handles all of the actions for the player and AI, and is used as a way to interact with all aspects of the game. Therefore these changes will likely still be in testing when we release v0.1.5.0. Because of the size of the Character Controller update, it may present a number of issues during testing. However, these reworks should make future issues easier to address and fix.

This has been a massive undertaking and we wanted to keep you guys informed with what has been happening this past month. We’re excited to have such a large rework nearly complete and we look forward to creating the Combat System that will expand Lok:Rebirth’s gameplay.

Thank You for the Support. We look forward to showing you more in the coming weeks. Until next time. Peace and Stay Strong

OnyxWolfx

Dec 6, 2017
As much I love anytime type of LoK game. All ways end up being disappointed , the track record shows these games never get finished and always fail. I can only recall 1 ever being finished and that was back on the Legend of Krystal forums :LOL:

Reactions: Slayer183
1.60 star(s) 24 Votes